A Few Ways to Say "I Love You...

By lady-date

One shots, based on 85 sentences or more on how Levi says I love you. The art used in the cover is not mine... More

"Pull over, let me drive for a while."
"It reminded me of you."
"Go back to sleep."
"Stay."
"No reason."
"I'll still be here when you're ready."
"Foolish girl."
"The key is under the mat."
"It looks good on you."
"It can wait until tomorrow."
"I like your laugh."
"Can I kiss you?"
"It's okay. I couldn't sleep anyway."
"You're warm."

"Stay there. I'm coming to get you."

1.1K 35 1
By lady-date

Modern AU

"Stay there. I'm coming to get you." With that, Levi hang up, leaving you all alone in the streets in front of the club you were in.

You were ridiculously hammered and you just dialed someone's number, crying your heart out. Apparently, a drunk (y/n) is an emotional (y/n). This was worsened by the fact that you just had a shitty breakup last three weeks ago. You patiently sat on the gutter, observing as people plied in and out of the club. Some were still cool, some were already shitting themselves. Some were also having their emotional breakdowns, and some were laughing their assess of. You placed your chin on your hand and pouted at all of the people. Their lives seemed interesting, how about mine? You wondered. Fuck that boy. Fuck that fucker for fucking with me. You were on the verge of crying when suddenly someone grab a hold of your shoulders and shook your thoughts away from you.

"What the hell, (y/n)!" Levi shouted against the blaring music. His eyebrows were almost touching, he was giving you a frown and a strong look of disappointment.

"I'm so sorry..." And suddenly you were crying.

Levi was shocked. He hugged you, as if trying to apologize for his actions. He didn't mean for it to sound so rude or mean, but he was worried as hell for the girl right in front of him. "Shhhh...I'm.." Levi hesitated. "I'm- sorry too..." He whispered, rubbing circles on your back as you continued to cry out.

"Why should you?!" Suddenly you detached yourself away from him, rather violently, causing him to look at you with wide eyes and concern. "You're not..Jean fucking Kirschtein!" You glared at him with all your anger. "You're not Levi fucking Ackerman!!" You added, stronger and angrier.

Levi paused to look at you within an arm length as you to continue and ramble on about things. 'What do you mean I'm not Levi fucking Ackerman? I am Levi fucking Ackerman.' Levi thought. What was with him that made you so mad? With the horse face, he gets it why you were so mad. He was the fucker who broke up with you. But him? He was definitely shocked. He thought you were best friends him and enjoyed his companionship? "What?" He whispered.

"You're..." You slurred, your vision starting to blur. "You're not Levi, so don't be sorry." You pointed at the man in front of you. He looks like Levi, but you were almost certain that he was not. Almost. "You are not the dense fucker who cannot take a hint that it's him I love..." You smiled but cried the moment you processed what you said. The man that sat patiently in front of you remained calm. "I realized that though two weeks after I broke up with Horsey Jean. Heh." You laughed. The man was still sitting there. You tried to pause for a moment to stare at him and get a clear image of him. And for an unknown reason, as your vision focused, you seemed to see Levi. You smiled genuinely seeing him. "Oh my God...I'm starting to see things..." You giggled turning your face sideways, avoiding his stare.

"What do you mean?" The man said. He turned your face back to him and he inched closer. "What are you seeing?"

"Him! I see Levi." You pursed your lips to suppress the giggle that was attempting to escape from your lips. Fuck. You thought. Staring more, you tilted you head sideways before placing one of your hands to the cheek of the man who appeared as 'Levi'.

"Oh really?" Levi smiled lightly. He now understands that you don't notice that it was him. He touched your hands as he nuzzled his head in your hand. "Let's just say that I was Levi, what would you tell me?" He said softly.

"Hmmm. It's not that I would talk. But I'd rather do something to him to make him know." You whispered, looking down. The man said nothing, but he took your hands and kissed your fingertips. Then he kissed the back of your hand, before gently lacing his fingers in yours.

"Would you do this to him?" He whispered, playing with your fingers. You blushed at the thought. Levi? I don't think he'd appreciate it.

"No." His heart sunk a bit when he heard this. He thought you'd say yes. "He wouldn't like it if people started doing that." You smiled at the man. "I think I'd kiss him though, then leave right after."

"Well, isn't a kiss greater than a touch?" He laughed softly. Levi was watching you intently, clinging on to every word you were uttering. He was waiting for something, or for you to actually realize that it was him.

"Yes. But then if I kiss him, I'd be able to feel his lips. If he rejects me, then I'd be contented with the single kiss, unlike hand touching." You explained to the man.

Levi couldn't hide his happiness. He was truly elated and for the first time, he felt genuine joy. All along, the girl he treasured loved him right back. He thought he wouldn't be able to have you. He thought you only looked at him as a brother. He thought of so many things that he could not quite comprehend what was exactly happening. But before he could further contemplate, you started falling against his body. To his surprise you were already fast asleep. Levi sighed a contented sigh before carrying you to his car and driving home.

You woke up in a different surrounding, noticing the tidy room you are at. The sheets were no longer mustard yellow, but rather black blankets and pillows surrounded you. You sat up, blinking a few times before thinking of what has happened. You panicked for a second thinking that you passed out and somebody took you. But then you saw the picture that sat on the side table, it was a picture of Levi with you. Curious, you took the frame and stared at it. You remembered that it was a photo taken at Sasha and Connie's wedding. You were the one who got the bouquet and everybody started joking around with Levi and you. Since you were best friends, you willingly took a photo with him carrying you in a bridal style. He was rolling his eyes in the photo while you were smiling brightly with one of your arm hooked on him, the other on air raising your caught bouquet. It shocked you that he had that photo on his side table, normally he wouldn't consider putting it somewhere in his bedroom. But this was big coming from Levi. Placing the frame back, you stood up and looked around the room. The door was ajar and weak light was creeping in the room. You walked out and followed the source. It led you downstairs, to the kitchen where you saw Levi, sitting on the kitchen counter, with one leg propped up and his back facing you. You made your presence known by coughing intentionally. He glanced at you before turning away once more.

"You should be in bed." He spoke, voice low. You walked sitting on the chair opposite him. You pulled your legs up, closer to you to keep warm. He followed your every move, carefully observing you. The hoodie you were wearing was too big, but it was the only jacket that he knew you would fit in. The rest were coats and jackets for work. He knew you were cold, for he noticed the how your cheeks turned pink and how you took deep breaths. "(y/n), don't be stubborn and go back to bed. You're getting cold." He added once more before taking a sip in his tea.

"Well then." You said before reaching across you to take a hold of his tea and drinking in the warm substance. It was bitter, too strong for your liking. And Levi noticed this. He sighed before rising and grabbing the cup from you. He drank the remaining tea left, before pouring hot water in the cup once more. He took a box in a shelf and took out a tea in the box. He sunk the bag on the cup, letting it sit for a few minutes before fishing out the tea bag. He sat back at his place before placing the cup in front of you.

"Drink." He stated. You did. You expected it to be the same old strong tea, but to your surprise it was mild and soft. Very much appealing to your taste. He smiled a barely noticeable smile before sighing. "Brat." He sighed before shaking his head.

"You love me." You joked, winking at him. But this caused him to smile, much to your surprise. "What?" You asked after noticing how this changed his mood.

"I think it's you who loves me." He answered.

"Excuse me, what?" Nearly choking, you placed the tea back on the counter before glaring at him. He walked away from his chair and before you knew it, you were spun around to face him.

He first took your hands, kissing each fingertip. Why does this feel familiar? He laced his fingers in yours before kissing the back of your hand. He tightly held your hand before pulling you and leading you to the sofa. He pushed you down, before kissing you.

He kissed you passionately and hungrily, as if he was desperate in finding something within the touch happening between you. His hands found their way to your waist, gripping them tightly but gently, as if he was holding onto you dearly. His kisses trailed down to your neck, as if he was looking for a way to tell you how he felt. Everything he had hidden within him for years has come rushing out of him. They were all escaping, his feelings, his emotions. He was doing every touch and kiss genuinely, making sure that you get everything he was trying to say. You both pulled away, foreheads touching and both breathless. You closed your eyes as he kissed you once more.

Your hands found their way to his hair, tugging them as if you were begging for him to do more. Soon they were leaving marks against the fabric of his shirt, as if they were carving a piece of you in his body. Moans escaped from your lips, as if every sound you make were telling him of how you felt. You were replying to his passion, you were making sure you answered back to the feelings he was unleashing to you. Soon you both paused and calmed down. He has his eyes closed as he breathed against you and you to him.

"I was saying, it was you who loves me." He whispered.

"Well, you were just telling me the same thing." You shot back. He placed you in his lap, before sitting up. He allowed you to let you and his fingers intertwine. Cliché as it seems, but you didn't give a damn. "How did you know?" You asked.

"Last night, you were drunk and you called me. We talked...and yeah." He said in reply. He was looking at the way your hands were together, as if this was something he wasn't used to.

"And you came?" You laughed, thinking he wouldn't since you know he'd only think of it as a prank and as joke.

"Yeah, I did. I told you, stay. Didn't I? I told you to stay. I told you I am coming to get you."

________

unedited

Continue Reading