Being the Girl

By unendingly

Danni Parks best friends are all guys and she is perfectly fine with being the girl. She can't stand hanging... More

01 -- Spaghetti Hair
02 -- Frozen Bras
03 -- Name, Adress, Social Security, and a Bag of Bacon
04 -- Fake Numbers and Saw
05 -- Whipped or Not
06 -- Ketchup Periods
07 -- Washboard Abs and Sparkly Poop
08 -- Kiss and Yell
09 -- Bacon Withdrawl Syndrom
10 -- Loopy Gas
11 -- Pinky Promises and Lighters
12 -- The Triathlon
13 -- Puke Breath
14 -- Fairy Wings and Dress Up
15 -- Fire Ants, Hospitals, and Barbie Dolls
16 -- Robot Zombies
17 -- Hide and Seek
18 -- Barney Boxers and High Heels
19 -- Badass Five-Year-Olds and Paint Showers
20 -- Goose Bumps and Killers
21 -- Fashion Designers and the Amazing Sibling
22 -- The Prank Master and Ice Cream Faces
23 -- Grape Soda and Broken Arms
24 -- Down and Dirty and Sand Soccer
25 -- Puppy-dog Eyes and an Extra Side of Bacon
26 -- Breaking Points and Explosions
27 -- Underwater Kisses and Vats of Purple Slime
28 -- Flipped Over Air Matresses and Flipped Over Tables
29 -- Sugar Rush and Spilled Gatorade
30 -- Snoring and the Queen of France
31 -- Melted Ice Cream and Kissing in the Rain
32 -- Back Dumpsters and Six Football Players
33 -- Loads of Garbage and Superheros
34 -- The F Bomb and the First Tears
35 -- Middle Names and a Million Years
36 -- Painted Asses and Rookies
37 -- Swings and New Ways of Killing
39 -- Unbroken Pinky Promises
Epilogue -- Being the Girl

38 -- Room 358 and Janitor's Closets

5K 44 21
By unendingly

Hey guys. Sorry for the late update. I've been super busy :/ So nobody hate me after this chapter please. I mean I know I've said this before, but really now... This is the big dramatic twist at the end... Please comment, vote, fan.

Now off to reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The next day at school was like the last. People still pointed, whispered, and giggled as I walked by. Ashley would glare at me when I walked past, but she wouldn’t even come near me. Braden and Reese were more persistent than usual at trying to get me now that I broke up with Alex. The guys let me go nowhere alone. So how I ended up alone in a janitor's closet with Alex was a mystery. Well actually it was Noah and his damn bladder again.

“What do you want?” I snarled as he locked the door.

He looked at me, his eyes soft, no sparkle. They held sadness, rejection, pain and I wondered how he had the decency to feel those when he put me through hell and back. A glimmer of hope shone in the back as he looked at me. “I want to talk to you. I have to talk to you.”

I scoffed. “Didn’t get my answer last time. I believe it was, ‘In a million years.’ I’m going to stick to that and I’m pretty sure your time’s not up yet. So bye,” I said lunging at the door. He blocked me. “Alex move.”

“Why?” he said quietly. I raised an eyebrow. “Why are you acting like you don’t care?”

I narrowed my eyes and pointed a finger at his chest. He has enough guts to ask me why when he broke my heart? “Has the thought ever occurred to you that I don’t care? Have you ever even stopped a second to think that maybe you can’t break me? Maybe you can’t hurt me? Maybe I hate you! Because I do. I meant what I said that day Alex. I hate you.” My glare was full of fury and ice.

I was about to bitch slap him and march out of the closet when his words stopped me. “I love you.”

I was taken back for a millisecond. Did he really love me? Had he loved me all along? It was a lie. He didn’t love me. He never did. He wouldn’t have cheated on me if he did. “I loved you. But that was before you went around hooking up with every slut on the block.” I would tell anyone without a doubt I didn’t love him anymore, but the little pieces that were still left of my heart said I did and I always had. I never stopped loving him, even now.

His eyes grew pained as if someone had just shot him and I could swear I almost saw a tear in his eye. But it was all part of his little plan to try to get me back. It had to be. Just as he opened his mouth to say something, the door opened. Noah walked in. “There you are!” He saw Alex. “You?! You no good fuc—” I used the distraction as I grabbed Noah’s arm and dragged him away before he beat Alex. “Why did you do that?! I was going to kill him!” I rolled my eyes. But it might not be a bad idea letting him kill Alex.

 *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

A week past. The taunting eventually died down as other gossip replaced it. It was only high school; all news eventually fades. Life seemed to go back as it was before me and Alex were dating where everyone thought of me as weird for hanging out with only guys, where Braden and Reese hit on me constantly, where me and the guys hung out and had no drama. Except now I had a broken heart that I had given up on picking up the pieces. I forgot about trying to take time into my own hands and just smiled when it hurt the most. The guys helped me a lot, always being comforting and there for me. We played paintball with Jace which also helped. I hoped time would just heal it eventually if ever.

And then I got the call that changed my life.

I was lounging around with the guys, watching movies as we always did. My cell phone rang. I picked up without looking at caller ID. “Hello?” I asked, not really paying attention.

“Danni!” Jenna’s voice came from the other line. I hadn’t talked to Jenna since me and Alex broke up. Her voice was frantic, panicked, nervous, and worried and I wondered what on earth was wrong. I heard her take a deep, shaky breath and sniff. “A-Alex was in a car wreck! He’s in the hospital and he-he’s in a coma.”

I felt all the blood drain out of my face as I became a deathly white color. This wasn’t happening this was a dream. Alex was not hurt. He was not in a coma. He did not have a car accident. And. He. Would. Not. Die. The guys took notice and began to ask what was wrong. I barely managed out, “I’m coming,” before I hung up and sprinted out the door. The guys were hot on my trail.

We all piled quickly into the car and they didn’t ask questions. They knew better right now. I didn’t feel anything as I was still in shock. My face remained emotionless as my mind only asked questions of why and how. I pulled up at the hospital. “Danni, what are we doing here?” Garrett was the first to break the silence.

I didn’t answer as I quickly got out and slammed the door. I ran to the entrance. The lady at the desk looked up at us. “Alexander West.”

She typed the name in and looked at it. “Room 358.”

I quickly took off, the guys right behind me and they talked quietly amongst themselves now that they knew who was hurt. Finally after ages we reached his room. Inside his father held his mother in his arms and Jenna lay in a chair, silent tears streaming down her face as her shoulders shook.

And then I looked at him. He lay in a white gown, hooked up to all sort of devices, including a slowly beating heart monitor in the corner. All down his body were scrapes and bruises. A cast was around his left arm and leg. His eyes were closed and he was pale, too pale. And then reality hit me. This was Alex. He was lying there. Dying.

I felt an arm touch my shoulder, but I walked forward and shook it off. I touched his hand with mine. His skin was rough and cold, inhumanly cold. I intertwined my fingers into his as we did so many times. His hand was still ten times bigger than his. But his hand didn’t squeeze back as he normally did. And I wanted him to. “Alex,” I whispered quietly. Tears began to form into my eyes. “Alex wake up.” His eyes remained closed. “Alex stop it. Wake up!” They still didn’t open. “Didn’t you hear me?! Wake up! You can’t die! I need you!” I practically screamed at him.

And then I did something I promised myself I’d never do. I shed a tear for the boy who broke my heart into itty bitty pieces.

Garrett wrapped his arms around me. “He can’t hear you, Danni.”

I shook my head. “No. No!” I screamed. I turned around and buried my face into Garrett’s chest and started to cry when I felt a small hand on my back. I turned back around at Jenna who still had silent tears coming down. I embraced her as we both cried. All of the guys had found somewhere around the room to stand—the room was bigger than the others for some reason—and they stared with faces only showing shock. “What happened?” I asked quietly.

She let out a sob and cried a minute before answering. “H-He was coming home. Th-They think he-he was distracted when he swerved… into the th-the other lane and-and hit…another driver head on.” And we both let out more cries. All of the guys group hugged around us. I never thought this would happen, not to me. Even if I said I hated him, I still loved him with ever little piece of my heart and now he was as good as dead.

“Jenna,” Ashton’s kind voice came, “why don’t you go get a snack. Your parents already did.” She slowly nodded and left.

I took the seat right next to the bed. I slowly touched his cheek, leaning over him. “Alex, you can’t do this. You can’t die,” I said as I sat on the edge of his bed. I ran my hands down his arms. I wanted them wrapped around me right now. “You can’t die,” I repeated softly

I laid my head on his chest, hearing a very, very faint heartbeat. And now I didn’t care who heard. “I still love you too. Everything I said was a lie. I cared. It broke my heart and I still love you with the shattered pieces, Alex. Please come back. I need you.” But he didn’t come back. And I cried again.

I stayed overnight and the rest of the guys refused to go home too. So we all stayed, cramped up in a hospital room, some laying on the floor. The next day I refused to go to school. I stayed with Jenna and his parents and Ashton and Garrett who also refused to leave. The doctor walked in. “How is he doing?” I asked quietly.

He sighed. “Not good. We don’t know when he’s going to awake, but it’s a very likely possibility that he will never wake up.” I closed my eyes and Ashton and Garrett wrapped their arms around me. “I’m so sorry.”

He walked out. “He’s not coming back, is he?” I asked, looking up at them.

“Danni, don’t think that.”

I pushed them away and grabbed his hand again. Again his fingers wouldn’t coil around mine. “Alex if…” I took a deep breath, “if you don’t wake up, I want to tell you that I never stopped loving you. It’s always been you. And right now I need you more than ever. So please come back. Please for me. I’ll do anything. I swear.” Currently only me Ashton and Garrett were in the room as his family went to get breakfast. “Anything,” I repeated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody hate me... I really do hate this chapter though. Admit it... who teared up? Hahaha jk. Probably nobody. Anyone please tell me what you think of this chapter because I'm not really sure of it.

So thanks for reading. Two chapters left :O I just can't believe it's almost over. I'm going to miss this story so much, but I'll have a new story. Yet this will always be my baby, my first real novel that I have finished. So thank you all for reading. Please comment, vote, and fan.

Adios!

-believeinu<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 10.6K 41
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Ellie has lived in Santa Barbara her entire life with her parents and...
11.7K 701 41
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
47.3K 2K 34
"I can't do this," I whispered. "You're my best friend, Jack." "Ava, please- " I did the only thing I could think of doing. I ran. ...
3.3M 109K 42
Bad boys/ players. I hate them, they think they can just walk around and get any girl they want. Well hello, not every single fucken girl...