It Begins [BOOK 1] ✔️

By yourladyship_

Young and expecting, orphaned twenty-two year old Evelyn Foxwell found herself all alone as the father of the... More

Chapter Two: Andrew and Declan
Chapter Three: Misunderstandings and Ruby
Chapter Four: Park and Chocolates
Chapter Five: A Weird Dream and Bouquet of Baby's Breath
Chapter Six: The Kiss and The Hesitation
Chapter Seven: Steve Curtis Says
Chapter Eight: Birthday and Narcissistic Son of A Bitch
Chapter Nine: Confrontation And New Beginnings
Chapter Ten: The Date And Promises
Epilogue
The Sequel

Chapter One: Evelyn and Strawberry Cheesecake

10.2K 266 143
By yourladyship_

One: "A party without cake is just a meeting"

Andy's POV

THE MINUTE I SET my eyes on her, I knew in an instant, I was in love. She was standing there, completely oblivious to my feelings, looking incredibly gorgeous despite the fact she was tired tending to the customers and all that. It was a rainy Sunday morning and I was on my way to visit my parents on their apartment, to celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary when I decided to make a detour at a café I'd never been into in the small town.

And that was, hands down, the best decision I had ever made in my life.

This woman was incredibly gorgeous and my stomach was doing some kind of funny summersault that I kept wanting to throw up it was hilarious. Her long tress of hair was colored gold, shimmering under the sunlight and I found the desire to run my fingers through those luscious locks. And even, bury my face in them and get lost in scents of flowers and berries.

I wasn't sure of the scent of her hair though, but I knew it was flowers and berries, somehow. I could feel it in my bones. You do or say funny things when you're in love, so tone down the judgements, will you?

Sipping the cup of coffee I had in my hand, I continued staring at her - in the most discreet and tactful way I could muster - and found myself smiling when she did, talking to an old woman of a customer. She had such a lovely laughter and I was fully enthralled by the melodious sound. I knew I had to make a move - someway, somehow - but I just had to seek for the perfect moment and it definitely wasn't now.

Heck, I didn't even know her name. Granted, it was written on the tag she was wearing on her breast pocket but I was too bewitched by her beauty to notice. Falling in love on first sight is just hilarious that way, I'm sure if not you, at least someone can relate.

"Evelyn, why don't you go and take a break? It is time, isn't it?" A plump woman, probably in her mid-40s came out of the storage room and I thanked the God for that. "Go on, sweetie. I'll take care of it here,"

Evelyn... what a beautiful name.

I then watched with a small smile as Evelyn's cheeks reddened, as if embarrassed by the offer. "Are you sure?" She spoke, her voice shook my bones - in a good way, of course. "There's a lot of customers to serve,"

The previous woman smiled warmly at her and made a flippant wave, saying, "I don't mind, sweetie. Go on, then. You only have thirty minutes left,"

Nodding her head, Evelyn then took off her apron and made her way towards the back room and emerged a few minutes later with a slice of chocolate cake and a cup in her hands. She then sat on an empty table by the corner, tucking her hair to the back of her ear. I watched, enchanted, as she giggled softly the minute she ate a small portion of her chocolate cake.

Apparently, Evelyn was in love with cakes. Well, now that I think about it, Evelyn was more of a curvier woman than a bony one. But oh God, it was all in the right places. I could spend endless of nights exploring her enticing curves and soft, milky skin without feeling bored. I could just imagine having her full and plump ass in both my hands as I kissed her mouth vigorously. Stop imagining lewd things about Evelyn, you ass! This is your chance! Approach her!

Clearing my throat, I quickly checked my appearance on the window and turned towards her again, trying to find the perfect moment to make an approach. Currently, she was eating the cake happily when suddenly, she frowned looking at the table and checking her pockets for something. Ah, perfect! Grabbing the tissue from my table, I then slowly made her way towards her - trying so hard not to pin her down on the table and kiss her senseless - and took out the tissue.

Okay, stop.

Startled, Evelyn looked up towards me, again, I found myself lost in her hazel-colored eyes as her cheeks turned a lovely shade of rose once again and I smiled at her, jerking my chin towards the tissue.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but notice that you were in need of this," I began and watched apprehensively as Evelyn averted her gaze towards the tissue and hesitantly took it from my hand.

"Thank you," She said softly and I smiled, shoving my hands in my jeans' pockets.

"Don't mention it. Do you mind?" I then pointed at the vacant chair across of her, smiling. "This is my first time at this café and I need an advice from a professional about which cake to choose. See, today's my parents' wedding anniversary and I was thinking I could bring some cakes as a gift,"

Evelyn looked like she was having doubts about letting me sit - I was a stranger after all - but I was aware she was the kind of person who couldn't resist when a person was asking for her help as she nodded her head. She then fidgeted on her seat, pushing a lock of hair to the back of her ear and said, "I'm not sure how I could help you, though," She began. "I'm just the cashier at this café,"

I grinned. "Nonsense. I can tell you are an observant person and the kind who appreciates the wonders of desserts and cakes. It's a wonderful personality," Inwardly, I prayed to God Evelyn wouldn't think I was some kind of creep or something with my rusty courting skill. "My name's Andrew, but you can call me Andy,"

Evelyn blushed once again and this time, the lewd images I had of her a few minutes ago changed into a romantic one - where I'd kiss those soft looking-cheeks and twirl my finger with her hair or something like that.

"Well, thank you, Andrew," Evelyn politely said, seemingly oblivious to my poor attempts in flirting her. "My name is Evelyn," She then looked down to her breast pocket as if to point her tag but blushed bright red when she noticed she wasn't wearing her apron. I couldn't suppress the grin when she caught my eyes, blushed even harder and cleared her throat. "S-so, it's your parents' wedding anniversary?"

I decided to stop torturing her and accepted her way of diverting my attention. "Yes, it's their 30th. Any suggestions?"

"Well, I suppose it's easier to know by your mother and father's favorite flavor in cakes," She murmured, tapping her chin in a I'm-thinking manner. I then told her that I didn't have any idea of their preferences in cakes' flavors. "Okay then, I think you should give them our best-seller cake. A strawberry flavored cake would be nice, too. I could show you to them if you want,"

I grinned, completely lost in her soft and melodious voice, and was about to agree to her suggestions - I could buy the whole cake in the café if that would make her happy - when suddenly, her phone rang.

"Oh, sorry," She mumbled before turning away slightly on the chair and answered the phone. "Hello there," Evelyn smiled. "It's okay, darling and yes, I still remember. Have you eaten? Where is Tessa? Good, good," She chuckled. "I will later. I love you, too," Evelyn chuckled softly again. "Bye-bye,"

Whoa, hold up. I smacked myself on the face inwardly. Why didn't I think of this? Of course someone as beautiful and kind as Evelyn has a boyfriend - a husband, even! I may be an idiot, but I am most definitely not a homewrecker, especially not to a woman who looked like she'd seen stars filling the night sky talking to whoever it was on the phone.

I then watched as Evelyn quickly tucked the phone into her pocket and flashed me an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry about that. I couldn't afford to reject the phone call,"

I forced a smile on my face and quickly stood on my feet, saying, "Thank you for the suggestions, Evelyn. I think I am going to buy just those," I pursed my lips, somewhat upset that the love story I thought was just starting, ending so very abruptly. "Goodbye,"

Evelyn's lips parted as if she was about to say something, confusion obvious on her face to the sudden change in my tone, but I couldn't afford to be there anymore that I abruptly spun around and headed towards the cashier to purchase the cakes.

| END OF CHAPTER ONE |

:
:
:

Author's Note:
Do vote and comment what you think!
It's my first ever story on Wattpad, so it won't be perfect in a lot of ways xx

It Begins is the kind of story that's not too dramatic (Andy's probably a wee bit dramatic, I can't lie lol), just simple slice-of-life, feel good, everyday style story. So if you're looking for something mind-blowing or staggering in any way, this is the wrong book.

But if you're looking for something chill, you're on the right place. (At least I hope you are!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.3K 5K 44
All Layla Foster wants is to launch her own branch off of her parent's fitness company. But how is she supposed to focus on making her one shot a suc...
22.1K 3.6K 47
"And you're stupid, ignorant, a- and, a hooligan!" I yell back, with a stutter hidden in my voice. Who does he think he is? I don't need him! "And y...
97.1K 2K 7
Sample only, Ebook available on Apple books, Book by Barnes and Nobles, and Kobo. Links in bio ❤️ ***** "You are going to come again, but not until I...
3.7K 122 16
What now? Well.... As new mothers, Emilie, Sierra and Grace find themselves trying to adapt to parenthood. Even more so after the birth of their twin...