Heartbeat ~ Scorbus fanfic

By Shippingfangirl013

This story takes place AFTER the Cursed Child. Scorpius is in love with Rose, he's been love struck since... More

King's Cross Station
The Hogwarts Express
Carriages and Dementors
Author's Note
Nightmares, Potions, strangely familiar faces, and a love triangle
Trouble
Transfiguration, and hidden meanings
The Bloody Barron's Tale
A Resurrection
Meet the Pirates
A night alone in Hogsmeade
Infirmary Buds
A Closet Party, and Strange Dreams
Into the Pensive
The Lion and the Snake
Potters
Tinsel and Snow
The Death Eaters Arise
Christmas
Him
Nyx's new friend
Salazar's request
A double date in Hogsmeade and Hospital Visits
Riddikulus
Your Deepest Desire
Property of the Half-Blood Prince
The Serpent's Heir
Detention with a Toad
A Meeting
The Forest
Dumbledore
The Malfoy name
The Order of the Phoenix
The Three Brothers
Protect those you love
The Dark Mark
Severus Snape
An untimely homecoming
Epilogue
I APOLOGIZE
UPDATE:

What's a wifi, and who's technology?

1.3K 50 82
By Shippingfangirl013

   Thursday started with a bang and a burst of color on Scorpius' robes. Nyx had been trying to color Scorpius' robes blue for some sort of prank she'd done with her best friends Jinx and Breanna. Breanna had wanted the robes to be pink, and Jinx had wanted them to be a brighter green than normal. This idea had happened to splatter color changing dye all over Scorpius' school uniform. He now looked like a walking strobe light.

"Albus, why couldn't Nyx have splattered your robes?" Scorpius complained, attempting to cipher the color off with his own wand.

"I don't know, I'm not the one who talks about some weird thing called Wi-Fi, and cellphones. I mean, I only have an owl to deliver my messages." Albus said with a shrug. He really didn't know what the heck Wi-Fi was, or why Nyx and her two muggleborn best friends were obsessed with trying to install it at Hogwarts. He also didn't understand half of their references to something called Disney, and whatever shows were on the magical Netflix with television. Sure, Albus had seen a tv, he had one at home, but as he was almost always at school, he never really watched any programs. Albus understood technology, but he hadn't really been given the chance to see what it could really do, as the school still used older ways of teaching.

Scorpius just kept trying to magic the color off, as the two walked to the Great Hall, most of the students passing staring at the boys as if they had four heads connected to one body.

Breanna, one of Nyx's friends whom Scorpius and Albus hadn't gotten to know too well, strolled up to them. She was a nice girl, with auburn like hair and hazel eyes. Breanna was a fangirl- to put it in geeky nerd like terms. Albus nodded at her, still trying to help a complaining Scorpius with his colorful house robes.

"Want some help?" Breanna asked, with a giggle that slipped out.

"That'd be great, thanks. I'd assume you know the counter jinx for this monstrosity?" Scorpius asked, indicating his robes.

"Sure do!" She chirped, her smile the slightest bit mischievous.

"Great! Could you cast the counter curse, so my boyfriend here doesn't look like a walking paint palette anymore?" Albus asked, slight annoyance in his voice. If it hadn't been for Nyx and her Fandom obsessed friends, Scorpius wouldn't have been a Picasso painting.

"Just- one thing," Breanna requested, a look of pure joy on her features.

"Anything." Albus and Scorpius said in unison. Albus didn't want any more pranks on his boyfriend, nor on himself.

"You two have to watch every Disney movie with Nyx, Jinx, and I for the rest of the week, and you have to go to the spring dance when spring comes around." She said, just as Nyx and Jinx walked over.

Scorpius remembered Jinx, how could he not? She was the shortest girl he had ever came across, and she had vibrant violet eyes. Everything about her was a bit odd, but it was a good sort of odd. Scorpius was reminded of the time he had met Albus' aunt; Luna Lovegood. Jinx reminded Scorpius of Luna, except Jinx seemed more rooted when it came to thoughts and talking with friends.

Albus walked over to Nyx just as she arrived.
"Hi, Nyx. Can you fix Scorpius' robes please? Because you know, it'd be ever so tempting to release a jar full of live spiders into your Common Room as revenge for waking up to you three and your little color war." Albus muttered under his breath, a cold glare on his face.

Nyx hurried and fixed her friend's robes, making a mental note to not make a habit of pissing Albus off.

Scorpius rolled his eyes, he didn't mind pranks, but if the friends were to turn to a prank war, he and Albus would get the last laugh.
"Nyx, I was wondering what spell you used to make the ink change color? I've never read of it in any of my spell books." Scorpius said. This was the first spell he'd come across that he didn't know of.

"Oh, that old spell? It's simple! Just a flick of the wrist, and you yell whatever color you want the clothing to change. Simple." She replied, the faintest of ideas coming to her.

She wanted to show the boys every muggle thing she could think of, from Fandoms to the Internet, they'd know it all by the end of the week.

Scorpius- at least knew some muggle television shows and movies, the main few being Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, and most of the Disney movies he knew were in his room at home.

Albus knew of the movies and books, but he hadn't read nor watched any of them.

Thus, this led to his confusion on the topic of muggle pop culture- as Nyx claimed the topic to be categorized as.

As the friends dispersed and headed to their common rooms, Albus couldn't help but think that, maybe, just maybe, he would have fun learning more about the muggle world.

-

Albus and Scorpius sat in the Slytherin Common room, an abandoned game of Exploding Snaps at their feet, as they just lay there staring at the ceiling. Albus' head was in Scorpius' lap, and Scorpius was running his hand through Albus' hair. The silence was soothing, but Albus had to disrupt the quiet.

"Scorpius? What- well, what I had seen the other day, in the vision. . ." Albus started, and his voice trailed off quietly.

"What is it?" Scorpius asked,  as Albus sat up.

"Well I saw Him. You-Know-Who. Voldemort. And he's supposed to be dead. But the thing that scares me most, is that I didn't feel scared watching that play out inside my head. I-I felt like I- oh, I don't know." Albus sighed and put his head in his hands. Scorpius wrapped an arm around Albus, and hugged him.

"It will be okay. Whatever's coming at us, we'll get through it. Don't worry about it just yet." Scorpius said, resting his chin on Albus' shoulder.

Albus smiled halfheartedly. Scorpius was probably right as always. They'd be alright in the end.

-

Nyx paced three or four times in front of the Room of Requirement, muttering about a movie theater.

'I need a place to watch muggle movies.' She thought, as the door appeared. She walked inside, Jinx and Breanna following, and they started arranging which movies would be first, and which would be later in the marathon.

"Ooh, we should watch Lilo and Stitch!" Breanna said, grabbing the movie and setting it in the 'Watch First' pile.

"I'm adding Rocky Picture Horror Show to the pile!" Jinx said, grabbing her beloved DVD and adding it to the stack.

"I picked Mulan, Hercules, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast." Nyx said, as she looked through television series to add.

Not one of the girls noticed the door open; Albus walking in with a pile of green and maroon blankets, and Scorpius trailing behind with the pillows and popcorn bags.

"I smell food!" Breanna said, as she turned her head to look for the source. Jinx had glanced up from admiring her DVD copy of Suicide Squad, and saw the newcomers, "Are you two ready to see some of the best movies from the muggle world?"

Scorpius nodded. Albus looked at the others awaiting his response, "Okay, don't laugh, I know what a DVD is, it's just- I've never watched a movie. Ever."

Nyx gasped, dramatically faking her own death. "You mean, you've never seen a movie? Not one?"

Albus nodded, "Yeah, that is what I just said." He mumbled and went to set the pile of blankets down.

Scorpius set the pillows down, and transfigured a few vases into bowls for popcorn.

"So, what movies are we watching?" Scorpius asked, as he set the bowls in the middle of the blankets.

"Mostly Disney movies. We should just have movie marathons every Thursday we're free, that way we can get through more movies and tv shows." Nyx said as she took Beauty and the Beast out of its case and placed it in the DVD player.

She picked the remote up, and ran over to the blankets and pillows piled up on the floor. Jinx had claimed a spot right next to Breanna, and Nyx was settled on the right side of Jinx.

"Are you ready for the magic that is Disney?" Nyx asked, not waiting for a reply from the two boys. She pressed the black play arrow, and the film began to play out on the screen.

Albus was amazed at the animation and the art in just the opening, with the Disney logo and the castle with a shooting star arcing high above the blue tower, he was hooked. Albus watched, as the castle faded, and the scene switched to the scene of a forest with a castle in the background.
Scorpius was watching Albus, the curiosity and excitement in Al's eyes made Scorpius fall even more in love with him. Scorpius had only seen Albus genuinely excited about something merely a handful of times, but the fascination on Albus' face was priceless. Scorpius laid on his stomach, an elbow propping him up on his pillow, the other holding Albus' hand, as they watched the screen.

"Once upon a time. . . In a far away land, a young prince had lived in a shining castle," the movie continued with the narration until Belle appeared.

Breanna was humming the tunes aloud already, knowing every word to the song that would be coming up soon.

"There goes the baker and his tray like always with his rolls to sell-" Jinx began singing quietly, and Breanna joined in. Nyx hummed along, too entranced by one of her favorite movies.

Albus laughed lightly to himself, a thought had crossed his mind about comparing Belle and Scorpius. "Hey, Scorp- Belle's just like you! With the reading anyways." He whispered, giggling.

"Well at least you aren't like Gaston, lord knows I wouldn't be able to put up with that arrogant of a boyfriend." Scorpius whispered, poking Albus' nose.
-

They had finished Beauty and the Beast, and Nyx had secretly recorded Albus and Scorpius goofing off and dancing when Belle and the Beast had been, when they thought the others hadn't been watching. In Nyx's opinion, it had been the most dorkishly romantic thing she'd ever seen.

"Do you want to watch The Little Mermaid next?" Nyx asked the two boys, who nodded quickly. Albus had decided he wanted to watch as many movies as he could until they had Astronomy class.

She popped the next movie in and hit play.

-

The Little Mermaid was Nyx's favorite Disney movie, hands down, and Albus could see why. Nyx knew every single song in that movie, and she had sang along with every one of them. Albus got the hint that Disney liked putting songs in their movies.

"Under the sea, under the sea, darling its better down where it's wetter, take it from me, down here we swim and play all day, up there they work and slave away, oh yeah it's hotter under the water, but each little fish here know how to roll here under the sea." Nyx, Jinx, and Breanna all sang, as Albus watched the interaction.

Scorpius took his phone out- yes, he had a phone- and started recording the sing-along session.

"Albus, look at me!" Scorpius said from behind the device.

Albus turned around, and looked at Scorpius, seeing the phone in his hand.

"Why are you taking pictures of me?" He demanded. Albus tried to be angry, but he just couldn't be mad about a photo, and he burst into fits of laughter.

With a click of the shutter, Scorpius had several photos of Albus already. A few of these, he thought, would make great backgrounds.

Albus turned back to the movie, and he sighed. These were the moments he loved most; the ones where he could just let go and be with the people he knew best.

As soon as The Little Mermaid was over, Breanna picked up Lilo and Stitch, placing the DVD in the player and starting the movie.

-

    After the movie marathon, Albus thought he knew enough about Disney to write a movie script for them himself. From Mickey Mouse to Zootopia, Albus knew it all. Thanks to Nyx, Breanna, and Jinx that was.

As the five friends walked out of the Room of Requirement, dragging blankets and pillows alike; Albus had a few questions.

"Okay, First; What is a Wi-Fi? Next; Where can I get a cell phone? Oh, and lastly," He paused, glancing down at his feet, "why are snakes swarming the corridor?"

----------

A/N: I FINALLY finished this chapter. Sorry, I didn't have it up quicker, I was really busy this week, and I'll be super busy next week.

Anyways, how do you like the story so far?

Any other characters you'd like more of?

What do you think the snakes are from?

Thank you so much for reading, and don't forget to comment and vote.
Seriously, I love seeing your comments.

Thanks again!
- Kayla

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 597 38
Note: The story takes place after the events of Cursed Child. Albus Severus Potter is about to begin his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft...
27.7K 678 17
First I want to make it clear I DO NOT own the cover I found it on google!! ❤️❤️ I have Dislexia and English isn't my first language so I'm sorry ab...
101 3 5
I didn't manage to find the perfect Scorose fanfic and ran out of fics that fit my standarts, so I decided to write my own. Fate. That mistical thing...
12.6K 429 24
After defeating Delphi, Albus and Scorpius are back in Hogwarts, right in the middle of their fifth year. Things are wholly different, now. Scorpius...