Faithless

By LaurenJ22

After Faith's father decides to return back to his work at the mines, her world changes. She is left to live... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
MERRY CHRISTMAS! 🎄🎄🎄
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four (FINAL CHAPTER)
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Four

29.3K 1.3K 397
By LaurenJ22

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try one more time." - Thomas Edison.

Dedication: Autumn_May for the cover! Thank you so much!

Recap:

I froze, recognising the car in the driveway.

"What the..." I trailed off slowly.

"Who is it?" Xavier asked, peering around me.

"Hey, Kiddo."

I've never been more glad to see my dad, than I was in this moment.

---------------

I stood there, completely dumbfounded.

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to give your old man a hug?" he teased, offering me his trademark grin.

I blinked, still not comprehending the fact that my dad was standing in front of me. I had accepted that he was going to be gone for six months, or more. And here he was. Wasn't it less than 24 hours ago that he was saying he couldn't leave because of his contract?

"How...?" I trailed off, not even sure what I was trying to ask.

"I had a long think about what you've been saying to me and I realised that you need me more than we need the money. I'm sorry it took me so long to see that."

A grin broke out on my face. I surged forward and slammed into him. He let out an oomph sound as I connected with him.

He chuckled, wrapping his arms securely around me.

"I missed you so much."

"I know, Kiddo. I missed you too."

My grip tightened, if possible.

"Good to see you, Xavier," dad said, with a nod, after I detached myself from him. "Thanks for keeping an eye on this rascal."

"Rascal?" I echoed, quirking my eyebrow.

I pressed a button on my phone and the distinct alarm turned off. I beamed at dad, realising the smile on my face was not going anywhere, anytime soon.

"Was my pleasure," Xavier replied, his voice polite. "How was your flight home?"

I stared at him, with my eyebrows raised. I then realised that dad didn't know we were dating. So of course Xavier would want to make a good impression, even though they have met before.

"Not bad, didn't really take that long," he admitted, a yawn escaping him. "But there was a baby on board and it cried the whole time, so I didn't get any time to rest."

"You're such an old man," I sighed, shaking my head.

"Hey!"

"Let's get inside and get you unpacked," I suggested grabbing his carry-on bag. "I want to hear all about your work."

"Oh, it's very exciting," he laughed, grabbing his suitcase.

We all began making our way inside, before dad spoke again.

"Oh and Faith, why is there an alarm on my house?"

I glanced at Xavier, who gave me a shrug.

"Long story..." I trailed off, before we walked through the front door.

***

"It is good to have a shower in my own house," dad declared as he walked through to the kitchen.

"It is a good shower," I agreed.

I glanced at Xavier who smirked at me. I gave him a warning look to not share what we had been doing in the shower together. Xavier and my dad might not get along so well, after that.

"So, how is it to work in the mines?" Xavier asked, pouring himself a glass of coke. He raised the bottle and looked at me, asking non-verbally if I wanted some. I just shook my head. I wasn't a huge fan of coke.

"Extremely thrilling," dad said sarcastically. "Long hours, doing hard labour. There's no way anyone would want to do it if there wasn't such good money in it."

"Sounds pretty rough," Xavier replied.

"It is," he nodded. "You guys got any plans for dinner?"

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p'. "We were meant to get dinner but, ah, we forgot."

I lied shamelessly and felt terrible doing it. I hated lying to dad. But this wasn't my truth to tell and I couldn't rat out Xavier like that. If dad was going to know about what was going on, it will be because Xavier is ready to tell him.

"Want to just order a pizza and watch a movie?"

"Deal," I agreed immediately.

"Why did I even ask?" he asked me, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, that was pretty dumb."

"So, what's been going on around here? Anything exciting?"

Xavier and I exchanged a glance. "Nothing, really."

I moved around the kitchen island. I accidentally bumped Xavier. He rested his hand on my lower back and I quickly stepped out of his hold, avoiding dad's eyes.

"Nothing, huh?"

"Mmm," I mumbled, filling my cup up with water.

"When did you two start dating?"

I actually spat my water onto the bench. Xavier looked at me in disgust and dad just laughed.

"That's gross, Faith," he said, scrunching up his nose.

"H-how did you know?" I asked, my eyebrows raised.

"When I left, you hated him. Now, I hear about your cute little dates and the way you two are around each other, it's obvious."

"Hated me," Xavier muttered, shaking his head.

"Oh. Well, um, like yesterday," I laughed.

"Oh that's boring," dad said, sitting down at the island. "It was obviously going on before that then?"

"A little," I admitted, feeling weird discussing this while Xavier was actually here, too.

"Do I need to have a talk to you, Xavier?" my dad ask, his voice suddenly sounding deeper than it usually would. "I own a shotgun."

"Dad!"

"Um," Xavier said, looking awkward. "Okay..."

"Just thought I would let you know that." dad said, never taking his eyes off Xavier.

"Just ignore him Xavier. He couldn't even hurt a butterfly."

"Excuse me Faith, I'm the man of this house." Dad interjected with a frown.

"Well, you were the only man, so that was a given." I pointed out.

"I am a very manly man. Aren't I, Xavier?"

"Ah, yes..." he trailed off, still looking awkward. "The manliest I've ever seen."

"That sarcasm was not appreciated." Dad frowned again.

Xavier looked like he wanted to bail. My dad and I have a weird sense of humour and if people didn't understand it, they found us awkward. I feel like Xavier was in that boat right now.

"Can you stop making Xavier feel uncomfortable? He thinks you're weird."

"If I'm weird, what does that make you?"

"He probably is thinking, 'wow, she's turned out pretty good considering her dad is a complete weirdo'."

"No one would ever think that."

"They do too!" I argued with a laugh.

He rolled his eyes. "No way."

I glanced at Xavier, who was staring at us with his mouth dangling open.

"What?"

"You're both weird."

"Hey!" dad and I both chorused.

Xavier's mouth fell open a little more.

"I'm going to go down the street and restock the shelves and I'll grab the pizza on the way home. You guys want anything else?"

"Carmello chocolate," I grinned. "Please."

"Should have guessed. You want anything Xavier?"

"Nah, I'm all good thanks." He answered, still looking at us strangely.

With a nod, he grabbed his keys and walked out the front door, whistling. A small smile danced on my lips. I had missed the sound of his whistles through the house.

"So, what do you think of my dad?" I asked after the door slammed shut behind him.

"I have met him before."

"I know but not really. You basically just introduced yourself and that was it." I argued, leaning back on the bar stool-type chair.

"You guys have a weird relationship. He doesn't seem like your dad."

"Yeah it's always been like that. Especially when mum left."

"That would have been hard on you guys."

"You have no idea," I muttered, before getting to my feet and stretching. "Anyway, I'm going to go have a shower."

I plodded upstairs and began shedding my clothes. My stomach growled in hunger. That pizza was going to be demolished.

I had been in the shower about thirty seconds, before Xavier wandered in.

"Hey," I laughed, poking my head through the glass door. "What's up?"

He winced as he took off his sling. And then he removed his shirt.

"Uh, Xavier, what are you doing?"

Still not replying, he awkwardly shuffled out of his jeans.

"Seriously, things are going to be different with dad back..." I trailed off.

Not that I didn't appreciate gawking at his sculptured body.

"He's not here though, is he?" he smirked, sliding out of his jocks.

Yeah, I was done complaining now.

I stepped back, giving him room. He entered and didn't stop until his chest bumped mine. I stumbled back, my skin meeting the cold tiles. I flinched at the touch of it. He pressed his body to mine as the water rained down on our faces.

Leaning up, with his good arm, he pushed the nozzle back.

"Hi gorgeous," he mumbled.

"Hi," I breathed back.

Slowly, he moved closer, his lips pressing against mine. They were soft, warm and wet. Our lips moved together as his hand cupped my breast. I sighed into him as his hand began making a circular motion.

Slowly, his hand moved further down my body, before clutching at my leg. He scooped it up, before wrapping it around his hips. I clung to him, our bodies pressing even tighter together.

His hand moved once more and I moaned as I felt his fingers work their magic.

We continued like that for a little while, taking it quite slow. It kind of had to be slower, as Xavier was a one handed man, basically.

I sunk my fingers into his water-drenched hair, before tugging his face closer to me. His tongue brushed mine as the kiss deepened. He began leaving a soft trail of kisses from the corner of my mouth, down to my chin, down to my neck. His lips slipped against my skin and his teeth grazed me.

"Are you ready?" he whispered into my ear.

It was a little hard to hear as the water hitting the tiles was loud, but I understood what he wanted to do perfectly.

I just nodded.

I'm definitely glad dad left. This time, anyway.

***

I collapsed onto my bed, my dressing gown securely wrapped around my body. Xavier laid down beside me, before leaning down and kissing my nose softly.

"That was a fun shower."

"It always is, when you join me," I murmured back, staring up at him through my eyelashes.

He grinned.

Softly, he traced his fingers down the side of my face. "You are truly beautiful, Faith."

My cheeks warmed and I gave him a small smile.

Slowly, he bent down and kissed me softly. Automatically, I snaked my arms around his neck and pulled him onto me. I pulled my leg up and he ran his hand down it, squeezing my thigh along the way.

He pulled back and gave me a boyish smirk. Tantalisingly slow, his fingers weaved through my belt and pulled it off. My lips parted as I watched him. Slowly, he pulled the robe off my shoulder.

I had nothing on underneath.

"Round two?" he whispered, before bending down and pressing his lips to my chest.

I groaned slightly. "God yes."

I felt him smirk against my skin. He began kissing the skin down towards my stomach, when I heard the front door slam.

"Pizza's here guys," dad called.

I sighed and Xavier's lips froze. He reclined back. "Guess that was one advantage of living together, alone."

"You bet," I muttered, gripping my robe and covering myself again.

He kissed my lips one last time, before rolling off of me.

"I better put some clothes on."

"Probably a good idea," I laughed, considering he only had his jocks and black socks on.

Rising to his full height, he found a pair of his track pants lying on my floor. He swooped it up and had just stepped into them, when I heard a high-pitch shriek come from down stairs. Xavier looked like he jumped about a metre in the air.

"What the hell was that?" he cried out.

I just rolled my eyes, getting to my feet. "That, is the sound of my father finding a spider."

Xavier just stared at me. "Are you serious?"

"Hold on, dad!" I called out. "Stay there, I'll come get it."

Xavier stared at me like I had three heads.

"What? He has a phobia of spiders." I re-wrapped my robe around myself. "I have to go get a container and take it outside."

He just shook his head at me.

"You two are seriously the weirdest people I've ever met."

He was probably right.

----------------------

So, what do you guys think about Faith's father being back? Do you think it will affect Faith and Xavier's relationship?

Instagram: laurenj_22
Snapchat: laurenj_22

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 9.2K 59
Jessica has learned that the right choices are often the hardest ones to make. It takes a marriage proposal to know she's made the wrong one. But bef...
6M 280K 46
Twenty-one-year-old waitress, Hope, can only dream of living a better life. Keeping her little brother safe is her top priority no matter the cost to...
35.5K 1.2K 66
"You make me commit sins, I never fucking thought I'd ever come across." "You're such an alluring sin that I'd love to commit every fucking time." ...
342K 9.5K 56
Ares, the typical hot playboy, decides to bet on his own dad's best friend's daughter in his ego. He would hate to sip from the same glass, let alone...