Not Quite A Fairytale

By BartholomewCubbins

More

Not Quite A Fairytale
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 2
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 3
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 4
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 5
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 6
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 7
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 8
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 9
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 10
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 11
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 12
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 13
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 14
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 15
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 16
Not Quite A Fairytale ch 17
Not Quite A Fairtyale ch 18 part one
Author's Note
NQAF ch 18 part two
NQAF Ch. 19

NQAF Ch. 20

203 2 0
By BartholomewCubbins

NQAF Ch. 20

2 Days later…

Taylor’s POV

I woke up to the smell of roses on the pillow next to me. A smile went across my face as I read the “Happy Birthday” card that came with it. I wondered how he even came in but the window was open so I guessed he came through the balcony. I spotted a small box on my bedside table. I opened it carefully, trying not to ruin the box in any way, to find a cupcake with “Happy 17th Birthday” iced on it. My smile widened. I was surprised he went through all of this trouble just for my birthday. My sister hadn’t even made an effort.

I went downstairs to put the roses in a vase.

“Happy birthday!” Tarynn handed me a card. I took the card and put it on the table, not bothering to read it.

“Taylor, you can’t stay mad at me forever. It’s been two days.”

“Of course I can.” I still hadn’t forgiven her and I wasn’t sure I would be able to.

“I’m sorry. I’ve apologised a hundred times already.”

“It’s not enough.” I said plainly.

“At least let me make it up to you.” She said hopefully.

“How?”

“I’ll ask mom and dad to-“

“I don’t care what you do. This is the second time you’ve betrayed my trust. If you want to leave, then leave. I’m staying here.”

She opened her mouth to say something but she closed it after realising that apologies weren’t going to work. Me moving to Atlanta to live with my parents was never going to happen. The bad news was that my parents were still in town, trying to make me agree.

My mom came in. She’d found herself a key, unfortunately. 

“Happy birthday, dear.” She tried to give me a hug but I stepped away slightly.

“I’m sorry this is all so soon for you but your father and I think it’ll be best for you and your sister to live with us again, like a family.”

“I think you mean best for you.”

She came closer. “Please, Taylor. I know you’re upset about what happened but I need for us to be on the same page. Come back-”

 I moved away from her. “That’s not my home anymore.”

“Is that boy the reason why you want to stay? You’re a beautiful girl, you can find many other boys-“

“I don’t want any other boy. Mom, I really like him. I thought you’d understand.”

Her expression was sad. The last thing I wanted to do was argue with her, or with anybody. I just wanted my birthday to be enjoyable for once.

I went out of the door. I realised that I hadn’t spoken to Ashley in a while. She’d sent me a “Happy Birthday” text because she was visiting a relative in another state. I missed her, especially now when I needed her the most.

Jared’s POV

I’d spent the day helping with a surprise party for Taylor. Her parents didn’t know so I wasn’t worried about them turning up. I hadn’t seen her since morning but I really needed to hear her voice. Drew had repeatedly described me as “whipped” and I could see why. Buying flowers and balcony climbing was not something I usually did for girls. But then again, Taylor wasn’t just any girl.

“Y’know, the more you keep talking to her, the more it supports my theory of you being whipped.” Drew said while hanging out decorations.

I laughed. “Normally I would protest but I don’t really care.”

Drew stopped and looked at me. “You really like her, don’t you?”

“Yeah, I do.” I smiled. “I mean, she’s the first girl I actually lo-“

“Whoa. Were you just about to say the L word?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I said, a little too quickly.

“Jared.”

“Okay fine! I’m in love with her.” I admitted.

“Great! Good for you, dude!” He patted me on the back. All there was left to do was to actually tell her how I feel.

Taylor’s POV

I hadn’t seen Jared all day. He said that he was busy which left me with nothing else to do. Ashley was away and I was in no mood to talk to Tarynn or my parents.

I felt a vibration in my pocket. I pulled out my phone and read a text from Drew saying that something had happened at Jared’s house and that he was badly injured.

I immediately rushed over there. The door was slightly open. It was dark and I could hardly see anything.

“Drew? What happened-“

“Surprise!”

All the lights went on and about 20 people jumped out of their hiding places.

The surprise made my heart skip a beat. I seriously thought something was wrong.

Jared walked over and kissed me on the cheek whilst everyone sang happy birthday. I was unbelievably happy.

All of a sudden, Ashley walked out from the crowd and ran over to hug me.

“I missed you!” she exclaimed.

“Me too! I thought you were away-“

“Yeah, well, I lied.”

“But-“

“It was a part of the surprise!” She said happily. I hugged her again. It was unreal how much I missed her.

Almost everyone was at the party. Even a couple of people from school. The only people that weren’t here were Tarynn and my parents, and I was extremely glad. The room was full of balloons and presents all over the tables. A big lava lamp created an amazing effect on the walls. The night was filled with dancing, music and various gifts from different people. Even Jared’s mom bought me something, despite only knowing I existed less than a week ago.

Drew came over with a birthday card. I hugged him for helping with the party but then realised what he said in the text.

“You had me seriously worried, Drew!” I nudged him in the chest.

“Hey, I had to get you over here somehow!” he laughed.

After the party was over, I helped Jared clean up even though he refused to let me.

“The birthday girl shouldn’t be lifting a finger.” He said.

“I don’t mind. Thank you for everything.” I smiled. I could feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I looked down at the flashing screen.  It was Taryn. She was probably wondering where I was.

“Who is it?” Jared asked.

“Taryn.” I rejected the call.

“She’s probably worried. It’s 1 a.m. and I doubt she even knows you’re here.”

I looked at my phone. 10 missed calls. All of them from Taryn.

“Then let her worry.”

“Taylor, she’s your sister.” The phone vibrated again. Jared looked down at the vibrating phone, and then at me again.

“Fine.” I answered the phone. “Taryn, what is it?”

“Where are you? It’s past midnight!” She practically screamed. “I’ve been trying to call you for hours; we’re all worried about you.”

“Relax, I’ll be home in a minute.” I hung up.

“What did she say?”

“She was worried, my parents were worried, the usual. As much as I want to stay, I better leave.”

“It’s fine. I’ll take you home.”

“What do you think your parents are going to say?” Jared asked whilst walking me to my door.

“I don’t know and I don’t care. They’ve said enough already.” I put the key in the lock but before I could unlock it, my dad angrily opened the door.

“Where the hell have you been?!” he shouted. “You’ve been out since morning doing God knows what with-“He looked at Jared. “You were with him?”

“Yes, she was with me.” Jared said. “We threw a birthday party for her.”

“I thought I said it was over between you both,” He pulled me inside. Jared was about to do something but my dad blocked his path. “You’ll never see her, ever again.” He said and slammed the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 1K 45
Two original siblings in love with the same girl
8.5K 139 19
OC x JJ Outer Banks