Ruthless Obsession...

By tezztanmaya

" It takes the right guy to see a girl's inner beauty... " bcz mostly people are attractd by the looks wh... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Point of view
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16 (a)
Part 16 (b)
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21 (a)
Part 21 (b)
Part 21 (c)
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25 (a)
Part 25 (b)
Part 25 (c)
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34 (a)
Part 34 (b)
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38 (a)
Part 38 (b)
Part 38 (c)
Part 39 (a)
Part 39 (b)
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43 (a)
Part 43 (b)
Part 43 (c)
Part 44 (a)
Part 44 (b)
Part 45 (a)
Part 45 (b)
Part 46
Part 47 (a)
Part 47 (b)
Part 47 (c)
The Revelation
Part 49 (b)
Part 49 (a)
Part 50 (a)
Part 50 (b)
Part 51
The Proposal
Part 53
Not Related to the story
The New beginning

Part 16 (c)

16.3K 726 11
By tezztanmaya

Ruthless Obsession
.....................................

Time : 9.40pm

Lathika started thinking about Nivaan now..
The day she first saw him in the store room shouting at her..., and  the same day when she saw his name plate  engraved vth   gold paint,
'Nivaan Sinha, CEO '....
His eyes..., His defined fearures of his face...,  in fact  lathika had secretly noticed Nivaan sinha in a way a girl checks a guy...
Bt till now she was also unaware abt  it..

As she began to think about Nivaan.., that's when the images of him flashed infront of her  centering his every detail.

........

Lathika then got up from her bed and as she suddenly felt an urge to drink some water...
Nivaan sinhas thoughts itself are making her feel thirsty.

His proximity.., his dark masculine tone...,  moreover his embrace in which she felt solace..., and the kiss..,  during the rain dance...
She couldn't  brush off Nivaans thoughts anymore...

........

" what am i thinking...?!!   Noo... this is nt right...
  Nivaan sir just asked to know abt me... bt in real.., iam just an unfortunate girl who had been isolated by my own family....  that's it..
I had to live tge rest of my life in the same way...  bcz i would  fall weak  all over again if i give any chance for people to know abt me...
"
......lathika said and to herself and emptied a bottle of water in one go.

" its fine.., if he starts hating me again..... I'm sure there would be so many girls who wish to be vth Nivaan sir.. soo he wont even remember me later.. infact he had alrdy said to forget abt everything....  I'm just an another employee for him now..."
........lathika thought to herself and then slept peacefully.

...........

After exactly 15 minutes..,   lathika heard  some peculiar sounds from the kitchen and she quickly rushed towards the kitchen to check it out..

Bt what she saw infront of her eyes made her frozen for a moment...

The vessels..., bottles.., and the room itself started to shake by itself... scattering things all over the floor...
Before she could understand what was happening there...,
She felt her entire house shaking and the roof started to  form cracks and  small bits of it started to fall on the ground...

That's when she  understood that it was the effect of earth quake and she  rushed towards her room..., which had alrdy formed cracks on the walls and even on the ground..., and then she estimated the severity of the earth quake...

.........

Lathika covered herself from the falling roof bits and picked her suitcase which was placed at the corner and her purse in which she had her mom's photo in it... and before she could think of pick up any further things..., the  kitchen was completly  collapsed and her room was just about to collapse...

Lathika screamed in her high pitch and  rushed out of the house before her entire  house collapsed..., vth such a huge noise.
...........

She is now left vth her clothes  n the suitcase and she stood infront of the house which is now a piece of dust.

Lathika couldn't think straight for  a while..
She was literally shivering....
She remembered abt the night before 12 years.., which was just like a nightmare in her lyf...
She had lost her mom and infact her happy life that night..

And now..., she felt just lyk the same... bt the difference is she had now lost her courage.., which she til now tried to fake infront of people as she didnt wanted them to see her weak and shattered..
But that courage was no more left in her now...
She was now the same girl before 12 years..,  who almost had no hope left in her lyf..
........

Addding to her pain..., there were dense clouds formed all over there and started to thunder heavily signalling abt the upcoming rain...

.........

Lathika jolted for a moment as she heard the thunder sounds and she had no strength left to even stand there...

She looked around trying to find a shelter and that's when she found an old car shed there which was half collapsed...

But that was the only place left for her to hide...
To hide from the memories of that Night...
To hide from the rain..

.......

Time 10.30  pm

Nivaan sinha was all busy in working on his next project... 
He sipped  the coffee from his mug.., which was his 4th cup from past 4 hours...

Yes... He had started to work  from the time he came  to his bungalow that evng at 7pm...

Prataap knows that Nivaan lykes to have only the Brazilian coffee which has less amounts of caffeine in it and helps to balance the stress levels because of its aroma...
Soo he had specially arranged the coffee machine there which makes the best coffee lyk the way Nivaan prefrers......

..........

Nivaan checked the time for once and felt a little tired... He then closed his laptop and set his stuff aside to take some rest...

Before before he could  step on the stairs..., his mobile vibrated flashing 'grandpa' on the display..

Nivaan with a smile on his face lifted the call and before he could greet him..., his grandpa  in his panic tone said...,

" Nivaan... are you okay..., my son...    are you stuck some where...??  Just tell me where you are now...??!! "
........he asked vth an increasing restlessness in his tone and Nivaan could  imagine his grandpa's face now...

" woo...woo.. wait...!!  Calm down grandpa...!!  Just tell me what happened... ?? N I'm in my bungalow now.., sipping the coffee by resting in my slant chair...  n I'm perfectly fine... "
.......said Nivaan and kept the mug on the table there...

" Nivaan.. i just saw the BBC news ... in which they said that  there was a minor earthquake in Himachal pradesh recording around 3.5 at Richter scale....
i donno abt this scaling...
bt howz the situation there....??!!  "
.........asked his grandpa.

Nivaan smiled for  his grandpas concern towards him and said...,

" even i don't know abt the scaling... bt i didnt felt any sign of earth quake here...  n grand pa... i live in such a heavenly place which can resist even floods... soo  u just dnt worry abt me n i think its getting late for you to go to the office..
Sooo  go and enjoy ur day....."
.......Said Nivaan  and strted to step on the stairs again..

" ok son... i was lil worried because these media peoole are showing the footage of collapsed  buildings... soo i couldn't stop myself frm calling you..."
.....said prataap sinha and was still about to say something  bt  that's when the reality abt the  earthquake strike Nivaan and he said that he would talk to him later and cut the call...

..........

" Lathika...!!! "
......was the only word escaped from his mouth and the very next moment he rushed out of his
Bungalow wearing his blazer and carrying an umbrella vth him as it was pouring heavily outside..

.........

It was difficult to  drive on the hill roads even during the normal days...but   Nivaan sinha was driving in that heavy rain in third gear vthout caring abt the climate and knowing that how risky it was to drive in such state that too the only hope of light is his car lights that were showing him the path..

But  this is nt a bit comparable vth the terrible thoughts that were flooding in Nivaans mind....

He was driving lyk a maniac....

As he started nearing her street he could visibly see many army people and rescue team helping the people there in shifting them to a safe place... and he could see collapsed houses vth spoiled roads..., cracked walls and people screaming and crying over there...
...........

Every passing minute is making his terrible thoughts  much clear  and he couldn't drive any longer...

Nivaan quickly halted his car at the side and went to a rescue officer who was checking for people  over there..

" did u saved any girl of around 24 years..., who used to live in that house... and yes.. she is wearing something lyk  green...  yeaa.. green chudidaar...!!!   Her name is Lathika... Lathika Menon...!! "
.......Nivaan widened his eyes  and showed him the house which was now a piece of dust...

The officer once looked at the list vch has all the names of people who were sent to safe places by rescue team...

" umm....Noo sir... there is no one named lathika in this list...  and we have saved almost everyone here... "
....said the person and got busy in talking vth his team mates again...

...........

Lathika was still hiding in that car shed which was covered vth bushes and   to find her would be very difficult  until she comes out of it...
But lathika was soo panicked that she was literally shivering and  couldnt utter a word...

She sat on the bench there and folded her legs and rested her head on her legs...

" I'm all alone again... just lyk that day... No one cares for me..., even if i die lyk this....
I wish someone would come for me and save me from  here...
Bt no.... that wont happen... even that Night i was left alone in that rain and the same will happen now...  
I...i miss you mumma... i miss you daddy...!! 
Pls come for me again and save me from here....  plss..... take me out.... from here....plsss..."
.........vth tears falling from her eyes lathika still wished  to get out of that place... bt she couldnt scream or shout...   because of the deep stress and she had no strength left to  say a word....

She silently prayed God as that was the only thing she can do then.....
................

Nivaan had lost it now......  After hearing that there was no one named lathika in the list... he couldn't possibly think straight....

Nivaan didnt understood y he was being soo desperate abt lathika that he had literally missed falling from a cliff during the drive as his car wheel got skidded because of the  unlimited speed range....

Bt that didnt  stopped him even... nd now he stood there rooted at the place as  lathikas images appeared infront of him....

That's it...  He didnt wanted to waste the time any more..... He knew that lathika would have hided somewhere because of her phobia for rain....

Nivaan quickly went towards her house and switched on his mobile torch and searched for her screaming lathikas name  his lungs out...

.........

Thats when Nivaan finally found that car shed and he felt an urge to look inside it as a hope started building in him that lathika must be present there...

Nivaan screamed her name  and focussed the torch  inside the shed and there SHE is....., covering herself deep vth her dupatta and digging her head on her legs vth folding hands..

Nivaan couldn't resist any longer... and he finally shouted her name vth such a tone that lathika lifted her head and looked at  HIM...

............

Vth sudden urgency... lathika  stood up from that place and rushed towards Nivaaan vth smiling face and tears filled eyes....,  and vthout thinking any further she hugged HIM..,  circling her arms around Nivaan waist tightly and rested her head on his heart gently and closed her eyes... still crying.....

Till now her heart which was pondering heavily has now calmed down and began to beat normally after she hugged Nivaan and felt him soo close to her....

But another heart which was till now in its normal state started to race as  high as possible after this increasing closeness...

Yess... Nivaan could hear his own  heart beat racing  as he felt Lathika gripping him tightly and pulling him closer towards herself...

Nivaan too reciprocated the hug vth the same passion and   they  remained lyk that in the pouring rain covering themselves vth the umbrella...,
feeling each others warmth and trying to find answers to many questions that were flooding inside their minds.......

..................

Comment ur views :p

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 5.6K 35
Daksh Malhotra - a womanizer and a ruthless billionaire - tears apart the life of Asmita Sharma - a vivacious and ambitious young woman - when he fin...
1.2M 14.8K 52
NOT EDITED YET Gracie Owen's a headstrong journalist major rooms with her childhood best friend JJ Anderson for junior year, little does she know she...
3.2M 203K 90
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
92.3K 4K 45
She knew this bus wasn't going to bring her to school today. She was afraid and scared that she would have to face this day. But it all happened and...