Singing In The Shower [COMPLE...

By eggyolkings

We've never actually met but our showers are on opposite sides of the same apartment wall so sometimes we sin... More

Foreward
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Thirty
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Authors Note
Surprise!

Twenty Nine

15.6K 604 127
By eggyolkings

The next few weeks went by quickly. Andy flew back home, Bryant was gone and was replaced with a new assistant coach, and Lola had gotten to hang out with Scarlet and Reece more often. It was a bit weird because they were being very coupley, more coupley than herself and Alec.

Lola was still the team's physical therapist but it was decided that she didn't need to be at every single practice with the other boys. Now that she had her free time back she was able to film and post videos more regularly and go on her runs. Not that it was bad to run with the football players but she just really liked to get into her music more than talk.

Their relationship had become a closer thing. The media had gotten over it although the team did have an interview scheduled and it was expected that Alec would be asked about it. If he was asked about it, it wouldn't be a very bad thing but he did have things to say.

"What kind of questions do they ask at those interviews?" Lola asks him as she was leaned against his chest while they sat in his living room.

"It's like "How's the practice going?" Or "How are you feeling about the upcoming season?" They aren't very creative questions until they ask a question that they actually want to know." Alec tells her and plays with her hair as he speaks.

"What would one of those questions be?" She then asks curiously.

Alec sighs, ""Are any of you single? Oh, you're not? How's your relationship going then?" It's really obnoxious and annoying when they ask that."

"Hm... This is all happening when?" She then asks.

"Tomorrow."

"But- I'm on the field with you guys tomorrow..."

"Surprise?"

Lola sighed in response, "Surprise indeed."

**********

Lola had been a bit worried the following day even though there was most likely nothing to worry about. The only issue could be the fact that she's the girlfriend of Alec and the team's PT, it just might come off as weird and rub some people the wrong way. Like, she only has this job because her boyfriend is the quarterback... That's not the truth though, she had the 'job' before they began dating.

She had done her best to treat the day like any other day. She sat in the grass on the sidelines and could easily see a woman and camera man who were talking Coach Kaine and Assistant Coach Moore. Instead of creepily staring which was probably what it had looked like, she took out her laptop and began what she did every day and organized her notes from the lectures previous in the day. For some reason she wasn't very good at organizing them while she wrote them which is why she did this on a daily basis.

The boys eventually came out onto the field and soon after that, things were in full swing and the lady was doing some talking into the camera but Lola was still paying no attention to either of them. To really keep her mind away from them she took out a pair of earbuds and plugged them into her phone to listen to music.

Her running playlist still consisted of quite a few songs by The Script (still), Fallout Boy, Twenty One Pilots and random country songs and pop songs. As she listened to these songs playing in her ears she realized that she didn't even listen to any other playlist other than the one she'd made for running. Since she listened to these songs so often she knew them well and was absentmindedly bobbing her head and mouthing the words.

This distraction easily relaxed her up until the moment she glanced up from her computer and saw Alec walking over to her. She plucked both her earbuds from her ears and let the fall to the ground.

"What did you do now?" She frowns slightly as he approaches her.

Alec didn't respond until he sat down next to her on the ground, "Nothing."

She looked at him oddly, "Then why are you over here, sitting down?" Lola was blatantly confused.

He looked over at her sheepishly, "I may or may not have told Coach that you wanted me to rest my shoulder for today."

"I don't recall ever saying that you should rest your shoulder for the day." She raises both her eyebrows at him.

"Well... You just did."

"Wh- Okay, fine, you can hang out with me if you must."

Alec smirks at her, "You know you don't want me to leave babe."

Lola wrinkles her nose in disgust, "Stop calling me babe. You could think of a million different names but you choose the most cliche one known to man."

"Fine then." Alec stopped to think for a moment, "Hot Stuff? Pumpkin? Cupcake? Baby Bear? Snookums?"

"Stop." Lola begins laughing, "I think my ears may begin to bleed."

"Wait." He grins at hearing the sound of her laugh, "I've got one more, Melody."

She stops laughing for a moment, "Melody? Why?"

"Your voice. Obviously."

"Yes, because that is sooo obvious." She tells him sarcastically.

"You know you like it." He insists.

"You know what I like?" Lola smiles sweetly and leans close to his face.

He leans in closer to her face, "What?"

She could feel his hot breath on her lips when he spoke, "Pizza." She whispers and backs away from him smirking.

"That's not very nice." He tells her huskily.

"Awe, I'm sorry." Lola pokes her bottom lip out and apologizes.

Alec pretends to pout, "Can I have a different form of apology?"

Lola leans back forward and places her lips on his in a quick motion. It was only a quick little peck on the lips and she pulled away, "That's all your getting because there's a camera."

Alec was left with a small smile on his face, "They aren't pointing the camera at us."

She giggles a bit, "They probably will." She backs away from his face once again. "We can save the PDA for at home."

"That's not public though." He frowns disappointedly.

"Exactly babe."

At the sound of hearing the nickname Alec grins, "Okay, I see what you mean with the whole 'babe' thing."

"Maybe you can be Marshmallow Man..."

There was a short moment of silence before Alec burst into a stomach hurting laughter. "Marshmallow Man?"

"You came up with weird nicknames for me, I'm only returning the favor... Pooh Bear? Hunk? Muffin? Sexy Cakes?" Lola thinks up random names for him.

"If I'm Sexy Cakes then you're Sexy Lips." Alec decides.

"I hate this so much."

*********

Alec ended up having to do a 'private' interview but Lola ended up sitting in with him even though she didn't want too.

The woman who was doing the interview was Connie Cameron. She was a big sports interviewer; the video clips were going to be edited together and put on her blog and then there was going to be an article in a magazine as well as on the blog.

The couple was sat down in the grass still and his arm was wrapped around her. Connie began asking questions and Lola was just sitting there fairly uncomfortable considering she didn't want to be there and Alec was making her.

"So Alexander," Connie states, "There has been talk about you being in a relationship and I'm assuming that this is your lovely lady right here?" She then directed her attention over to Lola.

"She is. This is my beautiful girlfriend, Lola Avalon, super amazing singer but an even more amazing physical therapist." He introduces her very flirtatiously.

Lola smiles politely and shakes her head, "Hi Connie."

Connie grins at her and directs her full attention to Lola, "So tell me, how do you get along with all of the boys?"

"Oh, all the boys are great. They're all really nice and I like being able to help them." She kept her answer short and sweet, it's not like she would bad mouth the boys considering there wasn't anything to bad mouth.

"Wonderful! Now, there's been a lot of confusion with your relationship. Is there anything you'd like to bring up and get out there?" Connie then asks her, most likely trying to get some special news from her.

"Well... I mean we are really together and I don't know, we're pretty happy together." She tells her as Alec rubs her shoulder with his hand.

Connie nodded her head and turned back to Alec, "Do you have any comment on your ex-Assistant Coach's actions?"

He took a moment to pause before answering, "I'm not quite sure what 'actions' you are talking about but it just seems that the Kamden Vikings isn't his home so he went to do bigger things. We all wish him the best."

Connie raised her eyebrows, "I was actually talking about the picture he posted a few weeks ago, the one of Lola and another man hugging."

As much as Lola wanted to roll her eyes and say that this wasn't her business, she was polite and said, "It was only a picture, nothing big. I was just hugging one of my best friends since he was going to do something very exciting." Once again Lola had pasted a polite smile onto her lips as she spoke.

"Well that's nice, isn't it? Is there any chance that the couple would do a quick kiss for the camera?"

The problem here was that if they said no then it would look bad but Lola wasn't completely comfortable with doing it. She knew that the better option would be to just kiss considering it wouldn't be as big of a deal as if she said no.

Both Alec and Lola turned their heads to each other before leaning in and pressing their lips on one another's. Alec's hand had cupped her cheek sweetly while she had gently rested her hand on his arm. The kiss wasn't too short but it wasn't too long either, it was just simple and sweet yet comfortable.

When the each pulled back their eyes met and they grinned at each other like fools, cute coupley fools.

^^^^^^^^^

A/N: So, hi.

Can you believe that this book is almost over? It's kind of crazy to me.

I wanted this chapter to be kind of cute so hopefully it was but Lola and Alec are pretty much always cute soooo yeah.

I need to reorganize my bookshelf because I bought new books yesterday and they deserve to all be properly placed and organized.

2 chapters left, including the epilogue!

Seriously guys, I need to know: Are you interested/wanting a sequel or a spin off?

Let me know pretty please!

Xoxo
- Maddie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 4.6K 40
Valerie: Female given name derived from the Latin, valēre, to be strong. *** Valerie's not afraid of anything. Her best friend Stevie worries about...
140K 1.5K 81
Short stories of your favourite drivers! ✰⋆🌟✪🔯Requests are open✰⋆🌟✪🔯
1.1M 48.7K 5
The perspective of the Three Musketeers when they first met Naomi. Thank you @TheOkayGirl for editing and enjoying the book, grammar and all
Dark Corners / ✓ By Syd

Mystery / Thriller

62K 4.9K 29
"Trusting no man as his friend, he could not recognize his enemy when the latter appeared." When Emmy helped her exhausted and on-the-verge-of-a-pani...