Fighting for Peace between us...

By asphyxiat3d_92

Schuyler, the odd, quiet girl who sits in the corner of life, is different from most people; she has absolute... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 4-6 Sage's P.O.V
Chapter 19 Sage's P.O.V.
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 14

2.3K 39 8
By asphyxiat3d_92

Short i know, sorrryyyyyyyyy......the next one is longer b/c i finally hav a way to connect all the chaps so it should b like fifteen pages!!!! ur prob like sure sure it is.....but im pretty sure that it will b :) yay for me telling the truth!!!!

comments r better than Schuylerss ppl skills

votes r better than being pushed up against something by sage...swoooonnnnnn O-o

welll....moving on......read and enjoy!!!! 

Thanks for the support as always!!!! :) 

=====================================================

REcap: 

He leaned forward, grasping his hand with hers and she stood on her tip toes to whisper in his ear. After nodding, he stood back up and she wrote something on his hand in pen, waving as she sauntered away.

Holy fiddlesticks, he was never going to let me live this down.....

I smartly interrupted him, sensing the insults that would pour out of his mouth, and earning a scowl for my effort.

"Okay, okay, I can see your point, but I still think you're full of it," I told him, resisting the urge to turn up my nose childishly but failed. What can I say, I'm a child at heart....

"Really? Would you like to pick another lucky winner?"

"You mean victim?" I asked sarcastically while searching for another contender, glancing back up at his face to see his skeptical look.

"Victim of llllllooooovvvvvveeeeeeeee...."

I smiled a little at that, not that I'd ever admit to that, decided it was best not to comment and examined the remaining two girls carefully. The brave yet vulnerable girl afraid of the world, or the girl stuck in the friend zone...tough.

Contemplating for a minute or two I decided to go with the 'friend zone' girl not only because she was madly in love with an obvious jerk but because I respected the vulnerable girl's need to stay invisible, I knew how she felt.

Hell, she was me in demeanor, although she had the height thing going for her. Everyone but me had a height thing going for them....curses.

Shaking my head to clear it, I wordlessly pointed to Sage's new challenge, watching his face for some sort of sign of doubt to shift across it. There was none, none at all.

He checked her out in a "non-checking-her-out" way, noticed the dude, and shook his head in disbelief. I wasn't sure if it was at the fact that he had to compete or from the fact that she loved someone so unworthy. Or both.

He sauntered forward this time, dimming down his aura so that he was mostly arrogance with a little bit of danger, much much less than he usually put off. His mouth was tugging up at the corners, body slouched only a wee bit as if to make her more comfortable but not too comfortable. Curious.

Currently the unworthy boy was chattering away to the girl, gesturing with his hands, eyes avid with detail. Sage quietly walked behind him, clear in her range of sight but cleverly invisible to his. He pretended to be pursuing some light reading, running his long fingers down the books like they were as delicate as glass, earning a speculative glance from the girl. He picked up a Shakespearean compilation, flicking through the various pages until he reached the particular work he desired, and he began to mouth the words. What a ham...

She was interested nevertheless, no doubt about that because even though she was nodding along with what was coming out of her friends mouth I was 100% certain she had no idea what she was agreeing to.

Sage, easily aware of her wandering eyes, turned towards her, leaning casually against the book shelve and glancing up from beneath his lashes at her. He made it obvious he was checking her out, eyes trailing slowly up and down her body, letting a smile slowly tug up one side of his mouth while his own gaze was sexily half-lidded. It was enough to probably drive her insane, him smoldering at her like that, I myself couldn't deny that he was incredibly gorgeous. Neither could the check out guy apparently, seeing as he was checking out Sage from behind like he was a piece of meat.....i toke a mental note on that for later, it might come in handy.

Eying the guy friend who was still completely oblivious, Sage jerked his head to the side, signaling her to get rid of him. I couldn't see her face of course, but I didn't need to. She would send him away, without a doubt even though she loved him. Sage was just that intriguing, a puzzle that everyone knows is missing a piece, and therefore can't ever be completed, yet they still try to change the outcome. Or like a difficult mystery that begs, implores, screams to be solved yet won't allow anyone get even close to the answer in the end. You couldn't  change Sage, and you can't solve him but of course, she didn't know that. At least not yet.....

She didn't disappoint.

After her guy friend was safely gone, she shyly approached him, stopping a safe distant away while he watched he every move, not in a creepy way though, more like absorbing. Judging by her posture she didn't find it creepy at all, she seemed to draw strength from it, confidence, I admired her for it but was worried, still.

Five minutes ago she was afraid of two hormonal guys and now she was flirting with another one?

What gives?

"Hey, I'm Karolina" she mumbled, trying to play nonchalant. I wondered if this was one of her first times flirting with someone who wasn't her oblivious friend. Her foot, twitching slightly, was giving away her would be cool demeanor to me, but I wasn't sure that Sage saw it...then again what didn't he see?

"Karolina," he repeated slowly, bit by bit, as if testing the taste of it out while he smirked deviously.

Karolina tightly clenched her hands behind her back, nervousness seemingly radiating out from every pore in her body. Her guy friend long forgotten, she stepped closer to him on impulse. I could tell by her stutter step; she did it before she thought too much about it and lost her nerve.

"Yeah, that's me, and you are?" she sounded like she had run a mile at least, and I couldn't really blame her for it. He was scheming, that little player.

He set the book done leisurely, probably enjoying the way that SHE watched his every move, and turned to face her once again. Stepping forward and forcing her back into the shelf behind her, he leaned and put one hand on one side of her face, asserting his dominance and taking control of the situation.

She looked absolutely terrified, yet thrilled at the same time. It was comical, but also frightening to consider how much power he had over this clueless girl.

"Does it really matter who I am?" he said quietly enough that I had to read his lips. His body moved close enough to hers that I was pretty sure he could feel her trembled as clearly as I could see it. She was in the palm of his hand now, we all knew; I knew it, he knew it, and Karolina knew it too. She probably couldn't convince herself to care too much.

" N....n...no," she stuttered out eventually, her breathing escalating by the minute. He better be careful or else she was going to faint. Her breathing was too high, too rapid in pace and he wasn't helping that matter along any by being that closer to her and he knew it.

Taking no prisoners, he moved closer still, pushing her hair softly behind her ear so he could whisper in it. Like I predicted she sagged, her knees giving out beneath her weight but it was okay because he caught her, and she was still conscious. Then again, I'm not sure Karolina was all too happy about how this particular predicament was playing out.

Snug in my hiding spot, I pondered on what he had whispered in her ear.

Her guy friend re-entered the aisle, clutching whatever useless item she told him to retrieve just as Sage righted her on her feet. He walked away without so much as a explanatory glance, and muttered something to the guy that looked suspiciously like "...your teeth are brighter than you are, cherish her before you lose her..."

But then again, I wasn't the best at reading lips.

***

"Hurry up, slow ass" I whined to myself for the hundredth time, crossing my legs in the hope that it would stop me from peeing my pants. Although I was sure it wouldn't be the first time someone had accidentally relieved themselves here; there were all these 'wet floor' signs that showed a stick figure shaking his pee covered foot in the air. It only made sense.

Not wanting to cross 'peeing pants in public' off my bucket list just yet, I pounded on the bathroom door again, hoping that Sage would soon be done with his business so that I could be free to do MY business. And when I say soon, I mean NOW!!!

"SAGE!!" I moaned in pain, physically clutching at the door like it would sympathize with me, and would eventually let me in to go pee. It did no such thing...damn reality.

"Yeah, keep moaning my name girly," came Sage's muffled voice through the unisex bathroom door, making me jump in surprise, "it really helps this particular process along nicely."

I narrowed my eyes at the door as if he could somehow see through it, banging on it in the hopes that he would maybe go faster if he thought that I really had to go....

"I'm busy now. Can't I ignore you some other time?"

"LET. ME. IN. MAN-WHORE."

"Well sure," came his voice, too sincere and friendly for me to believe that he was actually telling the truth or being sincere. Uh oh, run!!

I started to do just that when I felt him jerk me into his arms by the back of my shirt. I impacted with his hard chest, causing us both to be thrown back into the restroom. Pushing me up against the wall with one hand, and closing the door with the other, he grinned down at me while I panted laboriously. What can I say?

I really need to join a gym.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...