My Dad's Best Friend

By lorettaisaacs

A problem she couldn't run from... Taylor's mom died in a house fire trying to save her and now she's... More

Authors Note
Chances
Midnight Love
Hot Breakfast
Jealous?
Not Going to Happen
Turning Eighteen
Forbidden Love
Move On
Ohio State!
Moving on
Relighting the Flame
Give me time!
Coming home
Breakup
Broken Promises
The Drive
Getting Settled In
Revenge
The Funeral
Opening a Broken Heart
Girls Day Out
Mafia? What?
Meeting the Family
It's not a Dream
Learning To Shoot
Finished
Home Part 1
The Wedding

Home Part 2

5K 125 0
By lorettaisaacs

Damion's POV

I knew I had to tell Big Daddy what I found out about Taylor. As much as I wanted to keep it to myself, I knew Derek or Devin would tell. I got up and dressed in presentable clothes and let Taylor sleep. I walked to Big Daddy's office and knocked loudly.

"Come in," he said from the inside. I walked in and sat in the chair across from him. "Good morning, son. How's Taylor?" He asked with a huge grin stretched across his face.

"She's good. Still sleeping. Dad, there's something I really need to tell you," I said looking at him. He was getting older, but his eyes still showed with fun and excitement.

"What is it?" He asked turning serious.

"I know where Black Knight is."

"You do? That's great! I've been looking for her everywhere. She was my greatest fighter. Where is she?" He asked his eyes filling with wonder and excitement.

"She's closer than you think. Taylor is Black Knight," I said. I watched his face turn from excited to amused.

"I knew that was her. When Devin said she was the one who killed Carrie, I knew something was up."

"Are you going to have her fight again?" I asked feeling relief that he was sorta aware of the fact that Taylor was Black Knight.

"It's all up to her. I won't make her do anything she doesn't want to," dad said with a hint of hope in his voice.

"Okay. Thank you," I said getting up to go.

"Bye, son."

I left and went back to my room and saw that Taylor was gone. I heard the shower going so I assumed she was in the shower.

I decided to wait out on the bed so that I could talk to her when she got out. It was about twenty minutes later when I heard the bathroom door open. I turned to look and see she was wearing a pink dress and black heels and her hair straight down her back. "Taylor, we need to talk."

"Okay." She sat on the bed next to me and waited for me to continue.

"I told my dad. He said he wouldn't make you fight."

She just kept staring at me. She didn't say anything at first. "Damion... I hope you don't get mad, but I really want to start fighting again. I don't want to stop. I hope you know that."

She wanted to fight still. Why?  "You do realize you don't have to," I said grabbing her hand.

"Yes. I love you, and would do anything for you. If you loved me you wouldn't ask new to stop fighting," she said looking at me.

"I won't ask you to stop. I love you, and if that is what you want to do I will support you completely. I cannot believe I just said that," I said running my hands through my hair. I hated street fighting, but I really didn't want to lose her.

"I'm so glad you would actually allow me to do this," she said kissing my cheek.

"It's either agree or lose you. Losing you would kill me, so the choice is clear," I said standing up.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"We are going to talk to my dad. He will be really excited to her your option."

"Okay," she said taking a big breath.

Taylor's POV

I was nervous to say in the least. I mean I just left everything. In street fighting that means that you retired. In my case, I couldn't do anything about it. Lexi and my father would never approve. I'm just glad that Damion could see my side of it.

After about two minutes, we were standing in front of a large wooden door. Damion knocked, and we waited for someone to answer.

"Come in," I heard Big Daddy's voice from the other side.

We walked in, and Damion told me to sit in the one chair that was in the office. He stood right beside me.

"Hello, Taylor. What brings you both here?" He asked staring at me with curiosity written all over his face.

"I would like to fight again. I understand that I will have to prove myself all over again, but I would love to get back in the ring," I said confidently.

"You're right. You will have to prove yourself once again. I'm glad you chose to come back though. I hope you're the same great fighter that you used to be."

"Yes, sir. When can I start?" I asked.

"It all depends. Damion, when do you plan on proposing to this young lady?" Big Daddy asked glancing up at Damion.

Proposing? What?! Like marriage?

"Dad..." Damion growled out.

"Now I understand that you don't like to think of yourself as the kind to marry a fighter, but she's not her."

"Dad, stop!" Damion yelled making me jump.

"Who is her?" I asked to both of them.

"His sister, Rachel. She died fighting. She was the only one of my children that got into fighting. I'm surprised Damion even let you say you would come back."

I just looked up ay Damion. I could see the anger in his eyes, but through that you could see hurt and pain. "Damion, how do you really feel about me fighting?" I asked.

"I don't want you to, but I also don't want to lose you. You're my world," he said as a tear slipped down his face.

"Damion, you should have told me. You cannot keep on keeping secrets from me."

"You can do what you want. I just want you to do be careful."

"I-I can't do it," I said closing my eyes. "As much as I want to keep fighting, I can't. I'm sorry Big Daddy," I said walking out out his office.

I heard Damion walking behind me. "Why did you tell him no?" He asked. 

"Because seeing that tear fall from your eye made me think about how my mom and Julia would feel about me doing that," I said facing him. "Plus, I love you."

"I love you too. If you really want to do it, don't let me stop you."

"I'll be fine Damion. As long as you let me help out on some of the things you guys do," I said smirking.

"Of course you can."

"Good. Now let's go eat," I said smiling.

*Dinner*

"Why in the world do you guys have a huge family dinner every night?" I asked laughing.

"Because it makes us feel more like a family that way," he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Alright."

We walked down to the dining hall, and I saw two seats were open. One was next to Sara and the other was next to Devin. Damion could sit next to Sara. Then I noticed he was going to sit across from me.

"Devin, why it's there an extra seat?" I leaned over and asked.  Damion looked at us with a confused expression.

"Because I'm here," I heard someone say from behind me. When I turned I saw Daniel.

"Daniel!  Oh my soul! What are you doing here?" I asked hugging him.

"Damion asked me to come."

My eyes grew wide as I thought about their secret. "Be knows," Damion said laughing.

"What? How?" I asked looking at the both of them.

"Well, I may be his cousin's boyfriend," Daniel said smiling.

"Yes. I would have told you, but I didn't know how."

"Okay." I said sitting down next to Devin again. Damion gave me a weird look because of my change attitude as did Derek and Devin. "Stop staring at me!" I said getting up . I walked into the living room and sat on the couch.

"What's going on?" I heard Derek ask sitting down next to me.

I felt a tear drip from my eye. "My best friend is dating Sara."

"Why are you crying?" He asked holding me.

"Sara hates me. She won't let me talk to him anymore."

"She doesn't hate you. She'sa bitch to everyone. Plus, Daniel will talk to you no matter what. I've known him long enough to know that he won't let her control him."

"Okay," I said wiping at my eyes.

We decided to go back to the table and Derek gave Damion a nod and Damion smiled. Damion raised up his wine glass and hit his fork to the side. "I have something very important to say," he said standing up. Derek just smiled, but everyone else was just as lost as me. "Taylor, I know this is not whay you expected at the beginning. When you met me I was just some business guy that was your dad's best friend. As we got to know each other I started falling love with you. The first time your dad found out and you ran out of the restaurant because you didn't care what he thought, I knew I loved you. Taylor, I will always love you no matter what. Your smile. Your personality. Everything.  I know we will have to work everyday at this, but I really want to do that with you. Taylor Shaye Allen, will you please marry me and make me whole?" He asked. I had tears streaming down my face and everyone was staring at me. Waiting for me to answer.

"Yes! Of course I will marry you!" I said hugging him.

"If you don't want to live here, I will get us a house of our own. Whatever will make you happier," he said.

I looked around. My eyes landed on Derek, then Devin. I've become so close to everyone here. Except Sara. This is my home now.

"Damion, I can't leave here with you."

"Why?"

"Because this is my new home now. Derek has been the best big brother I could ever ask for. Devin brought the real Taylor back to life. Your parents and grandma need us here. I can't leave. This is home."

"Taylor, I love you," he said kissing me.

"I love you." We started clapping and then we ate.

I looked around and everyone was eating and talking. It was awesome to see that. This did feel like home now. My gigantic family. My security. My love. My home.

Thanks for reading this chapter!

Song: Marry Me- Jason Derulo

Picture: wedding rings

Follow. Vote. Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 534 38
By the second date they were moving in together, a disaster they didn't expect awaited them She was a rich naïve sheltered girl, joining college was...
1.2M 47K 78
Highest Rank : #6 in Romance #24 in Teen Fiction She was smart. She wanted three scholarships. She was struggling. She was strong. She was pretty. S...
44.7K 5K 85
"What else do you want me to say, Mia?" "Did you mean it?" There is a pause and I just-I feel exhausted, the kind that 12 hours of sleep hasn't been...
28.4K 1.6K 35
Bailey copes with the loss of a handsome acquaintance, John, by writing him a series of letters. She explores a future that will never be, a present...