Wanting You

By nooralawadhi

"if you don't love me back I will walk out of that door and will never bother you again" •••••••••••••••••• ... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fiften
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilouge

Chapter One

153 6 7
By nooralawadhi

Avery

"Avery, wake up. We have school, let me in" Colton said laughing, knocking on my window. I groaned and rolled over in bed. He couldn't see me cause it was daylight outside but I could see him sticking his face to the glass window, his eye showing through the curtains I had closed. I usually don't lock it because he usually comes every night and sleeps with me. But last night I did because I got mad at him for eating all the cookies I made. Well almost all. There is only four pieces left.

I made two dozen! And it's all in his stomach.

"Avery" he called out. My alarm clock rang five minutes ago, but I swear if he does this every day I won't even need anything to wake me up other than his babble head. I grumbled and got up walking to my window. Sliding it up I saw him balancing himself on the branch that belongs to the tree between our two houses. The way these two houses were so close to each other always has us questioning the reason. We said maybe the people before us were related so they built their houses like that but they left now, so we'll never know.

His window was only a meter and a half away from mine, and the branch was strong enough. But maybe not for long if he stayed on there any longer. He jumped in with his hand holding his vlogging camera.

All this was like Taylor Swift's 'You Belong With Me" video. Except we won't end up together because he doesn't like me back, he also doesn't have a mean cheerleader girlfriend that he's not happy with, and I'm not in a marching band.

You know what, forget I even compared us to that.

"Good morning!" He said giving me a kiss on my cheek still filming. I couldn't help my blush from appearing so to cover it up I grumbled again and crossed my arms. "Oh c'mon! We only have a week until school is over and we graduate. Cheer up" he said smiling. Still filming.

"You ate my cookies!" I said pushing on his strong chest. Any harder I could have gotten hurt. He only laughed while I walked to the bathroom I have connected to my room. "Clearly, she's not in a good mood-" I slammed the door before I could hear him finish, and did the usual morning routine I do everyday for school.

***

I got out of the bathroom dressed since my dressing room is connected to my bathroom and saw Colton laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I was wearing a pair of jeans, a maroon long sleeved shirt, and my timberland boots. I finally noticed what he was wearing and as usual he looked handsome. With his jeans that held on to his amazing legs all the way up to his muscular chest that was dressed in a navy blue polo shirt. He looked really nice. And it was a shame he was only my best friend. Since middle school I fell for him like crazy, and my crush on him started like chicken pocks. I thought it would leave but then it slowly started getting more stronger, until boom!

I fell in love with him.

And to this day he doesn't know. I'm scared, one day he'll find someone and I'll have to watch them fall for each other, I'm scared that I'm so much of a scaredy cat that he's gonna slip away from me. But I can't do anything.

See it's exactly like chicken pocks, you can't put any cream or shît that will make it leave!

Our friendship is really strong and me telling him will ruin it all. Sure it's getting harder and harder everyday, but being his closest friend, and having him everyday is better than not having him at all.

He sat up and smiled at me. "I'm very sorry for eating your cookies" he said. Even though he was smiling and holding a laugh, I could tell he was also serious. I usually don't get mad at him, so he must be worried.

I went up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me back. His head was resting above my chest as he sat on the bed, and I was playing with his hair. "I forgive you" I said. "I know you do" he said softly. I laughed and let go of him walking out of my room and down the stairs with him right behind me.

We went down stairs and said good morning to my mom. Usually if a girl walks out of her room in the morning with a guy her parents will go loco, but my parents are used to him always coming in through my window and sleeping over with me. So they don't mind.

My mom gave us her traditional pancakes and we scarfed them down from how good they were, Colton even went for seconds.

"So, one week of school, how exciting!" my mom said picking up our dirty plates from the table. Those pancakes where something...

"Yeah, I honestly can't wait for school to just end. I'm slowly dying" I said. They chuckled at me as I rolled my eyes just at the fact of going o school. "Ok well off you go, you spent a little too much time on your pancakes today" my mom said shooing us out if the kitchen.

Going outside Colton opened the car door for me like he always does and we got in. Opening his vlogging camera he started vlogging. "we're on our way to school and we're very excited cause we only have a week left" he said driving, but with the camera on a handle he has placed in his car. "Yeah, I can't wait to leave that hell hole" I said laughing.

In ten minutes we reached the school. Getting out of the car we made our way in the building his arm around my waist, I loved it when he held me, it made me feel special.

We went to his locker first and he got his stuff out, then we went to mine. After getting what we needed we went to our history class together with mr McAllen as the teacher. The old guy with a grumpy attitude. How lovely.

***

"I don't know what u children eat!" Coach Martin yelled as he blocked his nose from the awful vomit smell. One of the students in our gym class puked while we ran laps around the gym. Let's just say the smell was torturous and had all of us cringing. "Class break for ten minutes until we manage to clean this since its in our way, if your not back by then you will get lunch detention. Ten minutes only!" Coach said standing next to the janitor man looking at the disgusting puke on the floor.

Me and Colton were the first out laughing. "I feel drained from those laps" I said. "We still have seven more to go." He said "Ugh!" I complained.

We went outside sitting on the bleachers until class started again. Apparently no one had the same idea as us cause we were the only people there. "Avery, can you be in one of my videos with me?" He asked. I felt my face go pale and I suddenly got nervous. "Your main videos?" I asked. "Yeah" he said. "I don't know Colt..." I said looking at him. "Cmon Avery, you don't mind being in my vlogs" he said.

"It's because vlogs are videos based on what we are doing that day, and I don't talk much in them." I said. "Just give it a try, for me" he said looking into my eyes. I wanted to say no but his deep blue eyes had a big affect on me. And just looking into them I said-

"Okay"

"Yes! Thank you Avery" he said hugging me. I hugged him back laughing but a glance at my watch had me pulling back. "We have two minutes left, let's get going" I said. We got up and walked back inside.

On our way to the gym we passed the boys restroom. The door opened and Charles came out. "Avery!" He called out.

Our school didn't have the classic mean girl that's a cheerleader, the Basketball jock who gets all the girls, the nerds, the goths. None of that. We did have cheerleaders but none of them controlled the school. We also had basket ball players, kind of the jocks but nobody was placed above anybody. Everybody new everybody as acquaintances, or just random known faces if that makes sense.

Charles was a basketball player, a jock as some people will say. The school doesn't label people, but Colton and I do label him the school's player. "Hi" he said catching up to us. Immediately Colton went from holding my hand to having his arms around my shoulder and squishing me to his side. Charles did notice that but still kept talking to me. "Hi Charles" I said back just being polite causing Cole to clear his throat loudly. He smiled thinking it would work on me, like he did to almost all the girls in this school.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to hit it up sometime you know" he said. Colt cleared his throat really loud again but he didn't stop talking, and I nudged Colton to get him to calm down. "Go out somewhere then maybe come back to my place and chill-"

"We really have to get to class" Colton said, cutting him off. Charles glanced at him and and received an intense glare from Colt. He brought me even closer to him, holding me tighter. "What do you say?" Charles asked.

"Please" I heard Colton whisper in a voice only I could here. I looked up at him- since I was 5'7 while he was 6'1- and I saw hurt in his eyes, I may be wrong though. "Please don't say yes, say no" he kept whispering to me.

Like I was even thinking about it. I had my eyes set on one person, and one person only. Going out with someone else is impossible to do. It feels like I'm cheating. Not with him since we aren't dating, but with myself and my feelings.

"I'm sorry Charles, but I'm just not interested at the moment, or anytime soon. You know we just finished finals and ..." I stopped not knowing what else to say since I was already making a ton of stuff up anyway. I looked at him hoping I didn't hurt his feelings.

But who am I kidding, hurt his feelings?! He was smirking, with no care in the world. "It's totally fine" he said jogging ahead of us only to catch up with a girl that passed. "Wow, is he not even coming to the rest of gym class" I said walking in with Colton, who was oddly quiet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 342 33
There might be different ways of falling in love..... When the 4 Delcour sisters have to share the same apartment with 4 best friends, their lives me...
722 32 15
They say when love is real it'll find it's way. And that's how I met the love of my life. As cliche as it sounds he was my home. "I'll never stop...
258 19 21
Just an average "falling in love with my best friend's brother" story. Except for the fact it's one of those lost mafia princess's story from the fr...
166 0 27
It's your typical love story, except it's not. She fell in love hard and fast, he fell in love too fast. My best friend, my partner in crime, my comp...