Breathless.

Bởi raritheplanet

"It's all fun and games, until someone gets hurt." - L.R. Meet Lauren and Rakim. Friends that grew up with... Xem Thêm

prologue.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
the sequel.

Chapter One.

77K 2.7K 3.4K
Bởi raritheplanet

Lauren Chante' Rice

Sometimes being the quiet one, is always best.

I slowly walked to my second hour class, dreading to go there. Like most ever other teenager, I hate school.

But the only person who can make me lighten up is my bestfriend, Taya. That's been my girl since kindergarten. We've been rocking that long, now that we're both fifteen, turning sixteen soon, we're inseparable.

Born in Washington, DC but was raised in Harlem World, NY. I never really liked Harlem, but I've grown to accept it as my city.

I put my hands in my jacket pocket as I continue walking to class. I walked passed Bayard's most known posse, A$AP Mob.

They're your usual arrogant, smart mouth, drug dealers, teenagers that don't give a fuck about anything or anybody. But it's one particular member of the mob that I believe is going to make it, that particular member name is Rakim Mayers, better know as A$AP Rocky.

How I believe this? Because I grew up with him, been having a crush on him for the last 3 years but I will not tell him that. So for now, we just act like we don't know each other. Although we know so much about each other.

"Lighten up, L." Taya nudged me once I walked into the classroom. I smirked and sat in my seat, which was right beside her. We was currently in art class, which was my favorite, if I had to choose.

The tardy bell rung and in came a late Rakim. He put his hands on his knees to catch his breath.

"Wooo shit, why your class all the way down here?" Rakim spoke, causing a few people to laugh.

"Ooh, look at your baby." Taya smiled at me.

"Take a seat, Rakim." Ms. Wonders responded before turning back around to write on the board.

Rakim smacked his lips before scanning the room. He bit his bottom lip at me, before walking towards our table, which was in the back.

"Mind if I sit here?" He asked, politely. I looked at him and before I could retaliate, Taya spoke.

"No, you can sit." She smiled.

He licked over his lips before taking the seat. We stared at each other for a while until I looked away. Old fucking memories started coming to mind.

I chuckled to myself, remembering when he was trying to teach me how to ride a bike. We both end up on the ground, covered in grass.

"What's your name, ma?" He asked, getting my attention.

I quietly smacked my lips and decided to go along with his little game.

"Lauren."

"Pretty name." He winked at me causing me to smile.

"Um no, we're not fixing to have that flirting shit going on at this table." Taya said, causing me and Rakim to laugh.

"Why you hatin', Taya?" He laughed looking at her.

"How you know my name?"

"You use to be known as Ms. Whoop That Ass."

At the end of freshman year, Taya got into a fight with three girls. Taya fought ever single girl, without any help. I was at home that day, which I shouldn't have because I would have tag team their asses. Anyway, Taya end up breaking one of their arms, other leg, and caved in the other ribs. She's nothing to play with.

"You're the one that started calling me that." She laughed as Rakim nod his head.

"I was there watchin' the whole fight, was scared to pull you off 'em." He laughed, glancing at me but I was too busy doodling on a paper.

"Damn, you can draw." He said before taking the paper and looking at it. He smiled and grabbed my pencil, drawing on the paper.

He handed me the paper and I looked at it, seeing a note.

Why you so quiet, baby?

Baby? Pause.

I looked at him then shrugged. I've always been this way.

A few minutes later, our teachers announced what we had to do today. As usual, it was something complicated. This time we had to draw the person in front of us, face. Rakim happen to just be sitting in front of me, so I was drawing his face. Taya didn't have anyone in front of her, so the teacher said she could draw herself.

This was just perfect for her, since she's in love with herself.

"Make sure that drawin' lit, babygirl." He smirked at me before picking up his pencil.

"I got this." I flipped my hair over my shoulder.

"Oh she's talkin' now."

"Hey y'all, can y'all be quiet? Trying to draw my beautiful self." Taya spoked.

"You're not cute." Rakim and I said in unison with a laugh.

"Somebody done told y'all wrong." She laughed also.

"Laurennnn." Rakim sung, making me chuckled.

"Rakim."

"Send me a picture, please."

He gave me his number and I sent him a picture, for him to draw of me.

"Hell nah, your head too big to draw." He laughed.

I gave him the middle finger, causing him to cackle louder. I could already tell this was going to be a long year and semester. The end of the day had finally came around. I got into my mother car and slipped on my seatbelt.

"Hey girllll." I greeted, putting my feet on the seat.

Did I mention I'm very close with my mother?

"Hey baby, how was school?" She asked, driving off.

"Same ole, same ole." I said ignoring a message from my ex.

"Got to go back to work, you want Taya to come over?"

"She have something to do, when am I suppose to have that dinner with daddy?"

My father, Lance, is my motherfucking nigga. My parents went through hell and back trying to raise me in a steady environment. I appreciate them for that.

"This weekend, I believe. Ready to spend some time with your step mom?" She chuckled turning into our driveway.

"No, she's aggravating."

My mother laughed as I got out the car. I unlocked the door to the house and immediately went to my room.

I kicked off my shoes and got in the bed, pulling out my ringing phone. It was an incoming FaceTime call from Rakim.

"Dude, when was your appointment? You have to make an appointment to FaceTime me." I greeted.

"Well damn, hey to you too." He laughed finally coming to the phone, licking his lips.

"Hello Rakim."

"Chill with that name." He laughed.

"No." I laughed texting Taya back.

"Put me on pause again."

"What do you want, little boy?"

"Lauren, I'm older than you."

"Like what? A year."

"Anyway, smart ass, be ready tomorrow."

"For what?"

"To jig."

"Jig what?"

"Jig a low."

"Bye, get the fuck off my phone." I laughed uncontrollably.

"Aw shit," he laughed. "But just be ready after school."

"Where we going?"

"Why to the North Pole of course, this is the Polar Express."

"Rakimm, chill." I laughed. I can't with this boy.

"Once I find it, I will." He laughed rubbing his eye.

"Aw, the baby sleepy?"

"Yeah, come sleep with me, ma."

"I don't know you like that."

"Oh you don't? Don't act like you never slept in the same bed with me before."

"We were little kids then."

"And you was happy."

"Whatever." I watched as he laugh then held a small smirk.

Rakim Mayers, my childhood friend! Wonder what took us so long to talk?

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

6.8K 309 26
You go on vacation with your two best friends. What happens after that is unknown Reactions are always welcome, if you have any good ideas for the s...
118 10 15
She is in relationship with Jake. He is Jake's childhood friend. She loves him. He loves her. How can it be? Why? What is going to happen? Who's go...
3.5K 51 30
Lauren Jacobs thought she had her life all figured out. She has great best friends, a gorgeous boyfriend, and school wasn't so horrible. That changed...
14.1K 497 35
While planning your two best friends wedding Shaiyah and Ferg, and juggling your dance career you meet someone you have always known about and use th...