2nd Chance: Book 2 (PJO/HoO F...

Door SuzyQ_

(WARNING! THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO MOVING ON!) Everyone is destined for greater things; therefore death can't st... Meer

Prologue
1. I Think That's TOO Much Power
2. I Have The Worst Mission Ever
3. Stuck In The Past
4. Messing Up BIG TIME
5. First Attack Doesn't Go As Planned
6. Isn't It Fun To Get Tortured?
7. Is It 'Let's Reveal Percy's Identity' Day Already?
8. Family Reunions Save My Life
9. Dating My Best Friend? Nah...
10. Man Down!
11. Rachel Elizabeth Dare
12. Let's Play The Identity Game
13. There's A New Guy in Town
14. Questions in The Forest
15. Spies Happen to Reveal Dark Secrets
16. Must Have Some Order in Love
17. Problems Can Wait; Marriage Comes First
18. A Not so Happy "Destroyer of Universes"
19. Please, Don't Hurt Me
20. Locating My Big Brother
21. Avengers? I Think Not
23. Is It THAT Deadly?
24. I Talk To Invisible Men, But I'm Not Crazy
25. Galen Is Now Important
26. The Cost of Victory
Epilogue
3rd Book?!

22. OOPS! I Pulled Out The Ring!

3.8K 98 10
Door SuzyQ_

L U K E

I grabbed Percy's arm and whispered in his ear,"I don't know why she likes you, but don't mess it up, ok?"

He rolled his eyes,"Wow. Aren't you a great friend?"

I grinned,"I know I am. Now get out of here. Go have some fun."

He smiled and left with Bianca on their 'date'. It's about time, too. They've liked each other for years and didn't say a word about it.

I saw Zoë, and ran up to her. I wrapped an arm around her waist,"Hello, beautiful." I said, kissing her check.

She grimaced,"Ew! I got Luke saliva on me. I'm gonna turn into a monster now." I pouted, and she laughed,"I'm just kidding."

I opened my mouth, but someone had interrupted me,"LUKE!" I looked back. What was that kids name again? Leo? I think that's right.

"Yes?" I said, raising and eyebrow.

He was out of breath,"I saw....something in the....woods. Me and Haden....looked....now he's gone."

My eyebrows furrowed,"Gone? Like disappeared or....dead."

"Disappeared!" He screeched,"But look at the marks!" He said grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the other side of camp. We got there and everyone was already crowding the boarder.

Chiron was trying to calm every down, but his efforts were useless. They were too loud and pointing at something. Leo pointed at a tree,"There."

I squinted and saw it. Claw marks. I pushed through people and went across the boarder to the tree.

"Luke, please come back! It's dangerous out there!" Chiron tried to persuade me, but I ignored his pleas. I stood in front of the tree and took a closer look at it. I touched inside the mark, but immediately pulled back my hand once I felt a wet liquid. I looked at my hand and saw a white substance. I yelped and immediately wiped it off as best as I could. Once I did, I pulled out my sword faster then I ever have.

"Are you ok?" Chiron asked, his voiced laced with so much worry and concern.

"Yeah..." I said, a million things running through my head,"I think I know what happened..." I looked at the dark forest,"Call the others and tell them to come here." I looked around for footprints. Or something bigger... I used my sword to move leaves, but stopped once I saw blood.

"What is it?" An Aphrodite child asked.

I looked back, and grimaced,"I think we may be dealing with a dragon."

...

"So how big is it? What color is it? Does he have powers? Does-"

"Do you ever just shut up?!" I snapped at Leo.

We were walking through the woods, followed a path of blood. I took Jason, Leo, and Hazel. Now I'm regretting taking anyone at all.

Leo shrunk, but stayed quiet. I stopped moving once the blood stopped. I looked up and my breath caught in my throat. Fear griped my heart as I looked at the sight in front of me. Hazel had her hands over her mouth, Leo and Jason couldn't even watch the sight. There in front of us was Haden tied to tree. Dead. Claw marks all over him, along with LOTS of blood.

I slowly looked away and moved forward. Leo rushed over to untie him.

"We should be leaving." I muttered quietly,"Those are fresh wounds. The dragon could still be-"

I was thrown backwards onto the ground before I could finish my sentence. I could have sworn I heard a few bones break. I grunted and rolled on my stomach,"Ow..." I got to my knees and stood up. Jason was at my side instantly,"You ok?"

"Yeah, Jason! I'm definitely ok after breaking a few bones!" I snapped.

He grimaced and blushed,"Ok, sorry."

I saw a pair of two eyes looking at Leo in the woods. In an instant, I ran to push Leo out the way. Haden was stabbed in the chest and picked up.

"And what exactly, are you doing with my lunch, huh?" He said. The same voice. Same eyes. Same color. I'm talking about the same dragon. Right after he said that, he swallowed Haden whole. I grimaced as I heard all his bones crack. I pulled Jason towards me,"How many people can you carry?"

Jason's face confronted in confused,"Uh, two, I guess."

I pursed my lips. Great,"Ok, take Leo and Hazel and fly out of here."

"What?! No way!" He whisper-yelled.

"Jason. You are gonna do it. Percy is not here, so that means I'm in charge. It's an order. Now, go!" I said firmly taking no arguments,"Come back for me once they're safe."

He still didn't look happy,"Use your wings and follow me, Luke. I'm not leaving you alone."

"I would, but he would catch me. Your powers go faster then wings, Jace. It would catch me as soon as it even sees my wings."

Once the dragon was finished, he circled the area around us,"So tell me. What did expect would happen coming out here, huh? Did you think you could save him? That he was still alive? Such a shame. I bet he was really nice."

Jason grabbed both Leo's and Hazels arm.

"I guess you could say that." I said, trying to stall,"Now answer my question. Why do you do what you do? Can't you become a vegaterian? Also, why'd you come here?"

The dragons eyes were on me now. He slowly walked around toward me,"Vegaterian?" He laughed,"You are funny, young one. Now tell me, where is your leader? I have some unfinished business with him."

"And why would I tell you anything? I mean, you almost killed Percy." I said, picking up my sword, from the ground.

"I wouldn't pick that up if I were you." He said.

"I'll take my chances." I said. Right after I said that, there was a whoosh and Jason, Leo, and Hazel were gone in a instant. The dragon roared, and flew in the sky, after them. I released my wings and flew after him. He was fast, I'll admit, but I managed to latch on its tail. I hung on with one hand and used my other hand to stab him with my sword. He howled and turned around, completely forgetting about Jason.

"Argh! You are just like the Poseidon kid!" He howled. Trying to grab me. Or to kill me, I don't know. Either way, I managed to quickly dodge. I flew under him and made a large gash on his stomach. He roared in pain and backlashed me. I flew in the air, but managed to regained control of my wings, and hovered. My eyes widened and I dodged quickly.

"Luke!" I looked down, and saw Percy standing on the ground. I looked back up and dodged another attack,"Percy?! What are you doing here?!"

"Well, I heard you needed help, but I can't do that if you're flying!"

I tried flying down, but the dragon grabbed my wing. I winced as his claw dug in my right wing, and pulled on it. Hard. I turned around and kicked him in the face. He let go of my wing, and I tumbled to the ground. I tried to fly, to do something to slow my fall, but it didn't help. I made impact with the ground and bounced up again to hit a tree. Percy jumped down from his position on the tree, to land next to me. That's the last thing I saw before I blacked out.

...

I slowly opened my eyes. Ugh. Why am I so sore? I tried to sit up, but as soon as I did, my vision blurred as the pain hit me like Percy punched me, and let me tell you, that's something you don't want to experience.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. Hurts, doesn't it?" I looked over to see Percy walking in the infirmary with a blue Coke in his hand.

I sighed, but didn't lie back down,"What happened?" I asked, rubbing my head.

"Well, you fought a dragon. Fell out the sky and blacked out. Then the dragon came back down. You're lucky I came just in time. I managed to cut off his other claw. The thing is, the claw had a ring on it, and once I took it off, he died. Cool ring though. Look." He explained, then showed me his hand. The one with the ring.

I paled. My heartbeat speed up. My breath became uneven.

"Luke?" Percy asked in concern.

-Flashback-

"Oh trust me! He will die a terrible death! A death caused by beauty. By the most precious item, yet the most dangerous." Order said.

"And what may that be?" Chaos asked.

"A ring. Trust me. This ring will kill him. The fates even said so! Either he will die by that, or the impossible will happen. I mean he could be saved, but the chances are 1 out of a million. Though, he will find the ring. No matter what." Order laughed.

-Flashback Ended-

I stared at Percy, terrified,"Oh, Percy. Why do the worst things happen to you?"

He only laughed,"I don't know what you're on about, but it's probably because I'm me. Everyone wants me dead, Luke. Even the fates. They want to give me the worst life ever. That's just how life goes."

My head was spinning. I decided I would just sleep it off. I closed my eyes and sleep embraced me. It's been a long day.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.4M 20K 31
Percy is betrayed when Nick Waters, a son of Poseidon and Percy's half brother, comes to camp. Loyalties are tested and enemies are made. Sally aband...
10.9K 231 17
This is not your normal Chaos story. No one gets betrayed and runs away. No one gets killed. But there is one person who gets kidnapped. One person w...
43.1K 1.3K 20
(WARNING! THIS IS THE 3RD BOOK!) Who are you? Who am I? Where are we? What's going on? What happened? These are the questions you'd ask if you rememb...
580K 6.7K 64
When Percy is betrayed, he leaves without acknowledging all the facts, leaving friends and family heartbroken. When he returns with a new family and...