Fitting In

Od CyberLoud

For years Willow Mason and her family have been classified as outcasts because of their ability to do things... Viac

Fitting In
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 7

337 17 8
Od CyberLoud

I'm not so sure about this chapter... but enjoy reading it anyway!

Chapter 7

“You’re endangering yourself and everyone else. I don’t get why you won’t shift...” My mum sighed as she leaned back into the car seat, waiting for me to leave.

“I can’t tell you right now.” I grumbled as I unlocked the door; the cool breeze whipping against my face as I jumped out of the car. “We’ll talk later...” My mum said glancing at me out of the corner of her eye before gripping the steering wheel. I kicked the door shut and turned, not wanting a kiss goodbye.

Danni was waiting for me as usual, standing by the gates and waving as if she were trying to swat away flies. She stopped waving as I approached her, her gaze lingering on something behind me.

I frowned, “why is it that whenever I see you, you always seem to be focused on something else?” I asked as her eyes flickered to mine for a brief second before darting back towards whatever it was behind me.

“Um...” Was all she said as her eyes widened and as small gasp escaped her lips.

“She’s coming over here...” Danni muttered as I turned around to try and see why she was so tongue tied.

“Amelia...” Danni whispered as a girl with long jet black hair pushed her way through a crowd of people and made her way towards us. As she came closer, an evil smile curled onto her face, her eyes narrowing.

“Dunny has a new friend, I’m surprised.” Amelia said as she reached us, her black eyes darting from Danni to me.

“I thought I told you to stay out of my way.” Amelia practically growled at Danni who was shaking with fear, it reminded me so much of Jane that I just snapped.

As Amelia shoved Danni out of the way and made her way into school I followed her. I tapped her on the shoulder and as she turned around with a scowl on her flawless face; I forgot about what trouble I might get in to.

My fist collided with her face.

She stumbled backwards, clutching her now pink cheek as she glared at me. I looked down at my hand in shock before looking back at Amelia who lunged forward, snarling like a wild beast.

Glowering, she swung her arm expecting to hit me, I ducked as she tried. A crowd had now circled around us, making it impossible to leave. Some people were cheering while others were hissing.

Amelia swung again, this time slapping me across the face. I yelped as her manicured nails dragged across my cheek, leaving behind four red marks.

“Amelia stop it!” Amelia turned her head, looking around for the owner of the voice. Brent pushed his way through the crowd, worry etched upon his face as he looked at me. I raised a hand and touched my now bleeding cheek as he made his way over.“Mr Kurt is coming, the school principal.” He muttered, not looking me in the eyes.

Everyone seemed to have stopped moving as they waited for Mr Kurt to appear. A few short seconds later a booming voice yelled, “Move out of the way!”

The crowd dispersed as a short balding man with chubby cheeks made his way towards us, his chest puffed out as if trying to intimidate people. Danni walked behind him, her head hung as she followed.

Mr Kurt looked up at me through his circular glasses squinting as if he couldn’t see.

Brent didn’t leave as the principal looked at him, waiting for him to turn and go.

“She attacked me!” Amelia accused, pointing a blood stained finger towards me. “I was standing up for Danni!” I argued as Mr Kurt jutted his chin out, his beady eyes peering at the both of us.

“My office,” he paused, “now.”

Danni opened her mouth but no words came out, “thanks a lot Dunny.” Amelia grumbled as she pushed past her and followed Mr Kurt into school. “Mr Gordon and Miss Folle, you come too.” He called out as he waddled towards the school steps.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know what else to do, I was scared.” Danni apologised as I shook my head, “its okay. I was the one who started the fight.”

***

“Mr Kurt, Willow was only looking out for me, she wasn’t thinking.” I sat on the chair outside Mr Kurt’s office, listening to what Danni was saying as he questioned her about what had happened.

Amelia had gone home, feigning sickness. She was believable too, until she turned around as she walked out the door and snickered.

Mr Kurt had called my parents, explaining what had happened and insisting that they come to school immediately.

I felt sick as I sat on the chair, wringing my wrists and waiting for the moment when my mother and father would walk through the doors giving me a look that could only mean one thing; we’re moving.

Brent sat opposite me, but I never turned my head to look at him or opened my mouth to speak.

The nurse came over a few times, trying to dab some ointment onto my cut but I would move away, out of her reach. She would walk away tutting, leaving me to feel even more horrible; if that was humanly possible, though I’m not exactly human.

“Why’d you do it?” Brent asked, breaking the eerie silence that had fallen upon the room.

I didn’t look up; I didn’t want to look him in the eyes.

“I did it for Danni, it’s wrong to pick on people; it shows that you’re not perfect... only scared.” I waited for Brent to reply, for him to yell at me or tell me that I’m wrong, to leave me and never look back; he didn’t though.

I finally looked up to find Brent smiling at me, he leaned forward on his chair, clasping his hands together, “tell me more oh wise one.” I laughed before grabbing a pillow from the chair next to me and flinging it at his head, earning a glare from the receptionist.

“Amelia’s a bitch.” Brent muffled a laugh with his hand as the receptionist glared at me once again, her fingers tapping against the counter in an uneven rhythm.

Beside me, Mr Kurt’s door clicked open and Danni exited, Mr Kurt ushering her out. I went rigid in my seat as he looked at me; he looked down at his wristwatch, “now I just need to have a word with your parents.”

“What about Willow?” Brent asked, “Don’t you need to hear the story from her side?”

“Miss Folle has told me all I need to know...” With one last glance in my direction he closed his office door.

As soon as the door shut I let out a sigh of relief, sinking back into the chair and resting my head against the top finally able to breathe.

Danni sat down in the chair next to me; I waited for her to speak, watching as she stared at the floor as if counting every single speck of dust. “I told him everything...”She finally said, making me lift my head to stare at her.

“What is everything?” Brent questioned as Danni looked at me, tears were welling up in her gray eyes, “I told him that Amelia had been bullying me since I moved here and that you have a short temper, and you were just standing up for me. I don’t know what he’s going to do though.”

The door opened and my parents walked into the school office, neither looked in my direction as they walked up to the front desk.

Mr Kurt’s door opened up once again allowing my parents access to his office.

My dad didn’t look at me as he walked past me, but my mum waited for him to go inside before stopping and patting me on the knee, giving me a quick smile and saying,“everything will be okay.”

For a moment I actually believed her, but nothing was ever okay.

“I need some air.” I managed to gasp out as everything around me became hazy and dots clouded my vision. Somehow I managed to make it to the office door and push it open, revealing the dimly lit school hallway.

I stumbled my way down the hallway, wanting to break down right there. I leaned against a school locker before sliding down and hitting the cool marble floor, bashing my head back against the locker.

Brent found me after a while and sat next to me, taking my hand in his.

“You’re always so secretive...” He murmured as I rested my head against his shoulder, not caring about the rest of the world.

“Isn’t everyone?” I asked as I tried to capture this moment in my mind forever, trying to see if I could make it last. Brent laughed, “That’s true, but you know if you ever need to talk I am here.”

My eyes closed, everything suddenly catching up to me. With one last ounce of breath I muttered, “I know.”

Pokračovať v čítaní