Mysterious Girl (Harry Potter...

By MaryEden08

She can apparate into and out of Hogwarts when it should be impossible. She can randomly apparate to whereve... More

My Life
Unexpected
Impulse
Hospitality
Punishment
Payment
Facing Fire
Hope...
Renewed Friendship
Long Time No See
Weird Rooms Again!
Questions
Arrangements
Mysteries
Turning Tables
I'm so excited!
Flying
Old Faces
Quidditch
Quick Thinking
Sober
Warnings
Queries
First Prank
Hazel
Leaving Hogwarts?!
NOTE FROM AUTHOR!
Bish Please...
Christmas At Hogwarts
Juice Face Boy...AKA Malfoy
Throw caution to the wind?
Detective Work
Jelly vs. Satan's Imp
Spiders, Magic, Centaurs
Author's Note
Finding the Chamber
Inside the Chamber of Secrets
Sunset
New Beginning
Author's Note: COMING SOON.
Double Trouble
The Guards of Azkaban

Focus

9.1K 418 129
By MaryEden08

It had been a week since I had first moved in with Professor McGonagall; for the first few days it had been strange due to neither of us being familiar with living someone. However, once we had become more familiar with the presence of the other, we’d settled in nicely; the professor seemed to have taken a maternal side towards ensuring I was comfortable and content, though she always remained firm when it came to teaching me. 

At the start of the week, the Professor took me to the library to retrieve all the books I would need to read and learn from, so while she was teaching during the day, I would curl up on the sofa or sit at the desk reading and practicing the spells I could accomplish without a wand. Professor Dumbledore kept his word and had visited me the Saturday just gone; he had been both pleased and impressed with the progress I was making, saying “I’m glad you have settled in Robyn, Professor McGonagall has been informing me of your progress and I thought a little treat were in order.” At which point Alby pulled out a box of ‘Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans’, I couldn’t help it; I had to hug the Jesus man. I FREAKING HUGGED THE JESUS MAN! Wow. Just…wow. Magical!  

It was Monday mid-afternoon and I currently sat at the Professor’s desk with a book on levitation open in front of me, as well as empty drinking glass sitting on top of it; my gaze focused completely on the glass. Performing the wand wave and repeating the incantation “Wingardium Leviosa” I watched as the glass shuddered but otherwise didn’t move. Having tried this several times during the course of the morning, I frowned deeply as I tried to lower my gradually increasing frustration.  

Re-reading the pages regarding the spell in the textbook, I looked for a clue as to where I was going wrong but upon not finding anything particular, I sighed and decided to try again. This time however I tried something different; I zoned my focus completely on the glass- becoming unaware of everything around me- and as I did the wand movement I opened my palm as if it were a tray for the glass to sit upon. Saying the incantation out loud, I imagined lifting the glass with my hand. Watching carefully, I lift my palm face up and raise it higher, pleasantly surprised when I felt the weight of the glass in my hand though I wasn’t touching it. At the feel of the weight, I continued raising my palm as the glass rose with it and as the glass began to float I felt tingles in my hand, which I used as an indication of the magic leaving me as it would if I were using a wand.

Standing up carefully, I focused on moving the glass away from the table and couldn’t help grinning when it floated towards me and began hovering just a foot away above my hands. Using both hands, now both being tickled with tingles, I experimented with turning, tilting and pivoting the glass as my hands moved around in the directions I wanted the glass to follow.  

“Robyn?” My heart jumped in surprise. Spinning around, I turned towards the voice and lost focus; dropping the glass, it proceeded to shatter on contact with the floor but along with the glass, the sofa and several other pieces of furniture also crashed to floor. 

“Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall!” I greet in complete surprise. I felt stunned by what seemed to have just happened. Why was the other furniture floating?  

Seeming to understand the stunned, bewildered expression on my face, Dumbledory spoke, “It seems you were so focused on levitating the glass, you didn’t realize you were also moving the rest of the furniture.” He chuckled in obvious amusement, his blue eyes twinkling. 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t realize!” I apologize, wary of Professor McGonagall’s reaction. Clicking my fingers, I quickly repaired the glass as it jumps into my hands before placing it safely back on the desk and with a wave of my hand, made any of the furniture not in the correct position realign itself. 

“Don’t apologize Robyn, I’m impressed.” Answered Professor McGonagall. 

“I wonder, Robyn…would you try doing that again but this time, focus on all the objects in the room instead of just the glass.” I raise my eyebrow doubtfully at Dumbledory. He wants me to break all of Professor McGonagall’s furniture/belongings? 

“I trust you will not break the furniture Robyn,” Reassured Professor McGonagall, smiling in amusement as she motioned for me to try again. For a moment I stare at her blankly, before my eyes fall towards Dumbledory’s curious expression, I frown at the ground but step forward.  

Crouching, I place my hands palms down on the ground trying to look as though I know what I’m doing because truthfully; I have no idea! Closing my eyes I try and focus on the objects in the room like I had done with the glass, but find myself unable to concentrate; I was anxiously aware of the Professors watching my movements and didn’t want to disappoint them

Concentrate sweetheart, you can do this! Came a female voice from my locket, although this didn’t sound like the other female voice I usually heard; this one was softer and quieter somehow, though equally gentle in approach.

HOW MANY OF YOU EVEN ARE THERE IN MY LOCKET?! I thought-screamed, before trying to remember how many people had spoken to me from my locket so far. Okay, so there was the first woman who told me to protect Harry, the man who showed me around Hogwarts and loved my prank on the twins, and now there was this lady. This is officially very confusing, not to mention weird.

Four, but that is irrelevant now. Murmured the reply.

FOUR! How the heck did you fit four people in there?! You’re not all squished are you? I thought suddenly, imagining four people squished together in a clear telephone box and smiling to myself at the image of it.

ROBYN! Please focus, the professors are watching and waiting. Suddenly remembering the Professors, I open my eyes and look at them, only to see them curiously watching me; I felt a push against my mind barriers but blocked it and shut my eyes again. Good girl, now; picture the room and all of its objects. Knowing I could trust this voice, I followed her instructions accurately. Feel aware of your surroundings and then imagine, not the weight of the objects you want to lift, but the weightlessness of them- as if picking up an empty box. You will know you can do it when you have the tingling sensation in your palms, after that you’ll know what to do.

Concentrating on the atmosphere, silence fell around the room- not even the tick of a clock sounded- as I imagined feeling the weightlessness of the objects around me. It seemed a long minute before my hands began to warm and eventually tingle yet when it did, I also began to feel weightless. Raising my hands from the ground, I turned them face up and spoke the incantation mentally, as I began to stand; I felt rather than saw the objects move with me. Performing a freezing spell I’d learn from one of the many spell books I read, I temporarily ‘paused’ the scene and slowly opened my eyes, praying it had worked.

A small gasp escapes me; the sofa, the desk, every object and piece of furniture currently hung suspended in mid-air. Grinning, “I did it!” I spoke excitedly; turning to face the two professors gazing around the room with both surprised and impressed expressions.

“How much magic have you been taught Robyn? Aside from what Professor McGonagall has been teaching you,” Asks Dumbledory curiously, his twinkling blue eyes fixed on me.

“Just afew spells here and there, but all of the them very simple, for small tasks, such as styling your hair or moving objects.” I answer vaguely, still surprised and in awe at having managed the two spells combined!

Thank you, for ensuring I didn’t do something silly or dangerous, random people in my locket! I thought, although my ulterior motive was to try and talk to them again and maybe find out more about them; after all there was there is apparently FOUR of them! I’d only spoken to three of them so I wondered what the fourth would sound like…

Deciding to save my wondering/pondering for later, panic sets in as I wonder how on earth I’m going to get the furniture down. I don’t think Professor McGonagall would appreciate her furniture forever being suspended in mid-air…Closing my eyes, I try to mimic what I’d done to begin with; holding my hands out, I imagine the weightlessness tickling my palms and then eventually, I lower my hands gradually until I was crouched again, my fingers grazing the ground softly.

When the tingling had stopped, I wearily open my eyes praying nothing had broken- despite not having heard any crashing or smashing I needed visual reassurance; everything seemed in order- in fact everything seemed to be in its original place. YES THEN! And that everybody is how its done. I thought with proud relief as I stood up again.

“Incredible. Unique I dare say.” Murmured Dumbledory softly. His eyes dropped to me as he smiled genuinely pleased. “You are a very talented witch Robyn. However, I must return to my office, but a question before I leave; Robyn the Christmas holidays start at the end of this week, would you like to remain at Hogwarts for these holidays?”

“Will Harry be staying?” Was my first thought and response. Alby looks at me intensely for a moment, trying to gauge my blank expression before nodding. “Then yes, I’ll be staying.”

“Very well. Good day Robyn, Professor McGonagall.”

“If you’ll excuse me Robyn, I have work I must attend to. Very well done on grasping levitation, although I’d prefer it if my furniture remained grounded from now on if you don’t mind.” Spoke Professor McGonagall giving me an amused raised eyebrow. “Take the afternoon off, you’ve earned it and when I return, we shall go through the next area of magic we will be covering.” I nodded and after she had left, prodeeded to collapse on my bed in the corner.

Hmmm… what to do with my time now? hint hint, wink wink.

___________________________________________________________________

So sorry for the late upload everyone! I really am :/ but this chapter just wasn't ready. Your patience with me really does mean the world to me! Thank you <3

I know afew of you have been making assumptions about the people in Robyn's locket and her parents ect but PLEASE DON'T MAKE ANY ASSUMPTIONS.

Redherrings create assumption but are placed for deception... <-- bare that in my mind my lovely readers.

Four people in Robyn's locket ay? ;) COMMENTS & VOTES please! Much love <3

Dedicated to ParadiseOfEden for her lovely message and dedication <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583 2 38
I'm sick and tired of everyone awing over the Weasley twins. They're idiot pranksters and don't even try to do anything right. Can people not see tha...
506K 14.5K 32
Mysterious letters from a mysterious person? The devilish twins and their antics over the years? And who best to figure out the mystery than you, Y/n...
91.6K 2.5K 24
And then she fell. Miranda fell right on top of Fred Weasley. He looked up at her directly in the eyes, "I'm sure you wanted to see me and ask you h...
9.9K 370 13
Lynn is now at Hogwarts and things are going wrong! Hogwarts is not how she left it, and there's already someone on her bad list. Will she make it ba...