For Eternity #Book 2

By Ann-jey

"I want you. I want us. I want it all. With you. For Eternity." Davina Claire was a beautiful and carefree w... More

Intro
1. Pilot
2. The Girl In The Shadows
3. It's Been A While
4. It Sounds Like A Long Time
5. Remember The Words
6. Home
7. Love Bites
8. The Note
9. Talk On The Top
10. Hunting Down The Enemy
11. Just A Small Message
12. A Special Death For A Special Person
13. 30 Minutes Alive
14. Killer Mode Activated
15. Surgery Play-Time
17. The Attic
18. Lust
19. A Battle Between Sirelines
20. Nicolette
21. A Jar Of Hearts
22. A Deal With The Devil
23. Roommates
24. Last Waltz
25. Beyond Eyes
26. A Ball To Remember
27. I Wish You Weren't
28. A Night Out
29. The Butterfly Effect
30. Harvest Girl
31. Darling, The Eyes Never Lie
32. The Best People Are
33. The End Of A Lie
34. Fury
35. Finders Are Keepers
36. Yours Sincerely
37. Round 1: Final Memento
38. Round 2: The Waiting Game
Epilogue
Author's Note

39. Final Round: Davina Claire

1.5K 23 6
By Ann-jey

LAST CHAPTER

Davina's POV:

It was going to be one of a hell night.

Sometimes, I found myself asking what could possibly Kol feel about Nicolette. I mean, he claimed he didn't feel anything for her but hatred and I ultimately believed him. But frankly speaking, could he really kill her? Or would the memories they shared together flood back and confuse him? Kol wasn't the best when it came to decisions so I could only wonder what might happen.

"We're here." Kol's voice broke the deafening silence in the car and opened the door, getting out of the car as Kendrix followed behind.

I took a big breath and opened wide the door, slowly stretching my body. My eyes darted around the deserted streets when eventually they landed on the well-known St. Anne's Church, in which I spent my first few months and found sanctuary. And that attic. Oh, the attic.

I still remember the day I woke up in there. I was scared and shocked, surrounded by people I didn't know. In only one night I learned that I was a witch, vampires were real and that I was taken care by one, the oldest vampires on earth were called Originals and I happened to be rescued by the wildest of them all. I mean, that was one of a hell first impression of the city right?

"Darling, you alright?" asked me Kol as he glanced at me worriedly. I smiled and caught up with them.

"I'm fine. Let's go." I replied and in mere seconds, we found ourselves standing on the rooftop of the old church.

I inhaled a sharp breath, the first thin my eyes did was to scan the around area. And of course, there she was; standing with a blank look and staring at the night lights of the city, not even bothering to turn around to acknowledge our presence. Even though, she spoke up first.

"Finally you came," she grinned, turning her feminine body to our direction. She studied each one of us, her eyes eventually landing on Kendrix. "Oh, oh, oh. Dear brother. Why?"

"Don't be so surprise, Nikki. You are not like you were used to be. You are..a nutcase now. You have become so obsessed with the idea of getting revenge, that you don't even care about what happens to the others."

She narrowed her eyes, arching her eyebrows amused. "Nutcase? Obsessed? Oh brother, you had one job. One god damn job. And look at you. Getting friendly with the enemy. I'm sorry but tonight, you are staying out of the fun."

In a blink of an eye, Nicolette had snatched a knife from her jacket pocket and aimed at Kendrix's chest, the sharp blade stabbing the spot where his heart was supposed to be. Kendrix looked down at the knife in his torso, stumbling behind in the process as he eventually fell behind. I was about to bend down and help him but Kol had managed to grab my arm before I could move a muscle, sending me a cold stare. I glanced over my shoulder at Kendrix, whose eyes were slowly closing. Why would she do that to her own brother?! Was she that stupid? Or oblivious?

"Oh boohoo, what did he promise you, sweetheart?" she asked me, slowly approaching me.

"What?"

"I mean, Kendrix, defending someone like that? And you caring about his ungrateful ass? Something is wrong here, don't you think Kol?"

I narrowed my eyes but as I stepped in front to confront her, Kol tightened the grip around my arm with his eyes boring into mine. "Don't even bother play her cheap games."

Nicolette seemed to hear that but just shrugged it off without commenting anything. To my surprise, she walked past us and stood in front of Kendrix's unconscious body, placing her hands on her hips and shaking her head in disapproval. Abruptly, she started dragging his body by his leg towards the edge of the roof and just like that, she pushed him off with a sly smirk crawling on her face. I was shocked at this point and I couldn't really define what I felt that moment; shocked? Confused? Suspicious? Worried? Not only I had to witness that, but the sound of Kendrix's bones cracking as he hit the ground sent shivers down my spine. For a moment I almost forgot he was a vampire and that he would regenerate, holding back my breath.

"Oh he finally shut up," rolled his eyes Kol, a wide smile spreading across his face. "Let's just get over with it, shall we Nicolette? But before I end your pathetic life, I want to know where the white oak is."

She pretended to be thinking, playfully rubbing her chin with her fingers. "White oak, you say? Hm.. You must be talking about this," she pointed, waving a gun in her hand.

Kol scoffed, laughing at her revelation. "A gun? I really start doubting your intelligence, love. That doesn't seem like a white oak to me."

She narrowed her eyes as her brows wiggled in the process, raising the gun. I was already afraid of the fact that this was not going to end well. Nicolette was tilting her head while aiming at Kol's chest, a twisted giggle escaping from her lips. "Oh Kol, Kol, Kol. Wanna test it first?"

And with that, she pulled the trigger.

The deafening sound of the gun made me jump in fright, my eyes darting around in order to catch up with the following events. To my surprise, I saw Kol stumbling back, a frown taking over his face as blood started gushing out of the wound. My eyes widened in terror while my mind was already making up the worst scenarios I could have imagined. "Kol!"

Instead I received an annoyed groan, a look of displease replacing his old facial expression. "Bullets made of white oak. I'm impressed, but that doesn't change the fact I will kill you."

The green-eyed girl cackled, flipping her long hair back in a feminine way. "Oh no, you must have misunderstood me. I am not planning on killing you, Kol. That was just a warning and to slow you down, of course."

We exchanged glances with Kol, both looking extremely confused. She wasn't planing on killing him? But that was what Kendrix said, right? That she wanted to kill him and then herself, so they could be together on the other side. Nothing made sense, just a big fat mess surrounding my thoughts.

"My target from the start.." she said, aiming the gun at me now, "...was you, Davina."

I flinched. If she made the tiniest effort to pull the trigger, I would be dead in a matter of seconds. But honestly, what she said was more rational than what Kendrix said. So he lied to us? To me? But why would he do that? Kol furrowed his eyebrows next to me, glancing once at me and then at Nicolette. Eventually, she laughed, twirling carelessly the gun around her fingers. "Oh I get it. You're confused because of what Kendrix told you? Deep down, I knew I couldn't really trust my brother so I lied to him. Ah, you can't trust anyone in this world, can you?"

"Then why would you take the white oak if you could just kill me with an ordinary stake?" I asked, anger boiling within me.

"To defend myself from Kol, duh! I mean, this is the only way I can protect myself from him. Look at him, Davina; his body is trying to get rid of the white oak in his chest, so right now, one more bullet and poof! Kol will-"

"Oh stop blabbering nonsense," he cut her off and in a blink of an eye he had already pulled the wooden bullet out of his chest, with a few groans following. With a smirk plastered on his face, he threw the bullet away as he watched it falling off the roof top. "You think I can be beaten with a simple bullet? I taught you better than that, 'sweetheart'."

She chuckled, "Careful there, Kol. I am the one holding the gun here. I can end your girl's life quicker than you can even imagine."

"Oh try me." I said and rushed toward her.

My sudden move caught her off guard as she screeched and fall back, trying to dig her nails in my cheeks. My main goal was to grab the gun and snatch it away from her, but the feeling of her sharp nails tearing my skin off like it's some kind of a paper, didn't let me focus or think straight at all. Her awful giggles rang in my ear as she kept repeating the following words, "I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you..."

Nicolette was giving her all into our fight and I could feel her anger and every negative emotion she had getting unleashed on me. She really did hate my guts. Fortunately, Kol took action pretty fast and dragged her by the hair, as she kept kicking and thrashing desperately her limbs to break free from his grasp, but to no avail.

Well, until she grabbed the gun again, that is.

She shot his knee as soon as she laid her hands on it, quickly jolting up. Her body spun around and got ready to shoot at me next, but I managed to punch her jaw so hard, that I could actually heard it cracking. Nicolette snapped her head to the side, her crimson red eyes meeting mine. But our eye contact was quickly broken when suddenly a fourth person joined the fight. Kendrix.

"Nikki stop.." he groaned as he rubbed the side of his head, probably still recovering from the fall. "Can you just stop?"

Nicolette was being hysteric at this point, laughing repeatedly like the maniac she was. She raised her hands in the air defensively, blood dripping down her face from our previous fight. "Me? I should stop? Kendrix, she is the enemy! Things could have been so different if she just didn't exist!"

I wiped the blood from my cheeks, half glaring at the spiteful girl in front of me. So much hatred toward my face, even though she barely even knew me. But it didn't matter. Like I said before, if she saw me like an obstacle, I would be and act like one. "Oh really? Then why don't you come and finish me yourself and finally stop hiding behind your little gun?"

She growled at my challenge, taking the bait easier than I thought. She didn't drop the gun though, she just approached me threateningly with a smile. A genuine smile. "Oh you really have the guts to fight me, don't you? Such a pity it is, a person like you to go down like that. But there's still a way to prevent this Davina. In fact, we can end everything right here and now!" she screamed as she spun around, looking at each and every one of us. Then, after having studied everyone carefully and closely, she pointed the gun at me, narrowing her eyes amused. "It's your choice, Davina! I'll give you two options: you can either take my brother and leave from New Orleans with no one getting hurt, or you can go with Kol. But if you do that, I'll shoot him before you can even reach him."

"Oh that's just-"

"QUIET!" she yelled, glaring at Kol. "This is not a decision you have to make, Kol."

I flinched. Kol and Kendrix seemed taken aback too, both staring intensely at me. "Why? Why would you kill Kol? Don't you love him?"

"Of course I do! But if I don't get Kol, then no one is getting him."

"Oh please," rolled his eyes Kol, giving me a long stare, "Darling, don't listen to her. They both have plotted this from the very start! This is all planned, there's not even a decision to make here."

I stood silent. I couldn't think clearly. Thoughts swirling around my mind with decisions I was supposed to make. Why me? Why should I choose? I cared deeply for both of them; Kendrix had been a friend to me and a supporter, while Kol was the love of my life. But..what if Kol said was indeed true? Could they have planned this all along?..no. No, Kendrix wouldn't do that. Kol thought like that because he simply hated his guts, not because there was actually a reason.

Again with the dilemma. Ugh, I started to hate that word..

"So, what do you choose, Davina Claire?" she smiled in a fake way, "Just choose. It's really simple. Oh and don't even consider what Kol said the truth. I lie about a lot of things, but not this one."

I glanced at Kendrix. He was staring at me with a pained expression, secretly giving me a reassuring smile. On the other hand, Kol looked sceptic as he stared to the ground blankly, gripping his fists tightly. What was he thinking?

"I-"

"Enough."

Nicolette and I glanced at the direction which the voice came from, only to open wide our eyes in astonishment; Kol was standing right behind Kendrix, something which, at first, didn't seem that suspicious. But as I lowered my gaze, I could make out the blood that was dripping down his bloody palm, as he held tightly something in his hand.

I inhaled a sharp breath, causing lack of oxygen in my lungs. My eyes were still trying to process what I had just witnessed, but eventually, my mind realised what had happened in the past few seconds. No. That wasn't real. This wasn't happening. Kol squished the.."thing" in his palm, a look of satisfaction taking over his face.

"Like I said, I always keep my promises. Once he messes with me, he is already dead. And today, I just sealed his demise."

And just like that, Kendrix's lifeless body collapsed on the ground, his emerald eyes rolling back and staring blankly into nothingness. Kol let the heart in his hand roll down and fall to the ground, glancing at the dead guy once again. "That's today's lesson Nicolette: never, and I mean, never, threaten my life again."

Nicolette had placed her hand over her mouth, tears filling her glassy eyes. "Kendrix...no.." she muttered, pacing towards his body, "Brother?"

And that's when she started hyperventilating.

She fell on her knees, pulling her hair by its roots as she shook her head endlessly. "No no no no no no no..." she kept mourning, more tears streaming down her cheeks.

But let's be honest, I was on the verge of tears too.

I never thought he would kill him that simply; it all happened too fast and we just had to accept the fact that Kol had killed Kendrix in the blink of an eye. I could even hear my heart breaking a little, a part if me wanting to scream and shout at Kol for taking his life as if it was nothing, while a part of me knew very well what kind of person he was. But that doesn't change the fact I would just accept this atrocity.

Kol looked at me, searching for any sign of emotion. But no, all I could do was to stare at the mischievous boy that was now laying dead on the ground, knowing he'll never talk or blink again. He was just...dead. Kol hesitantly approached me, holding out his hand for me. "Davina-"

Bang.

Kol came to an halt in an instant as soon as he heard the sound, his eyes focusing on me. Well, more specifically, on the spot where I was shot at. I could feel how close the bullet was to my heart, each second it was beating coming closer and closer to it. The scratchy feeling in my heart even made it even difficult to breathe. Was I dying? Kol rushed next to me and quickly bent down to his knees, frantically trying to keep me conscious.

"An eye for an eye.."

Those were the last words I ever heard from Nicolette, before she disappeared in the dead of the night.

"Davina it's fine, I'll pull it out okay?" I heard him saying, and indeed he did try to find the bullet but, even when he did, he couldn't pull it out. I groaned at the feeling of his fingers digging in my flesh, gasping for air. "Bloody hell! Davina it's too deep in your chest, so please listen to me and bare with me for a few minutes, okay?"

"Kol there's no time-"

"Hey just hear me out," he chuckled as he cupped my cheeks, sadness pouring into his eyes, "I'll snap your neck so your heart will stop beating, okay? But before I do that, I have to tell you something. I can't let her escape, darling. She deserves a painful death and-"

"Kol no! Don't g-" I coughed some more, the bullet now touching my heart.

He placed his hand over my mouth, slightly smirking. "I have to do this, love. She still has the white oak bullets after all. She still has the weapon that threatens me and my siblings. You will just...you'll just have to wait for me to return. I'll take care of her and come back for you. Then we can both get the hell out of this place together, I swear to my life. It's a promise, Davina Claire, I intend to keep just for you."

My eyes were barely open at this point, my consciousness fading slowly and painfully away. "Promise.." I murmured.

He smiled. Then, it all went black.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooooooooookay. I guess that's it.

Buahahaha you thought this was this end, right? Well, guess what, it's not. I mean, it is but there is an Epilogue. So yup, it does not end like that.

Oh my god, it took me soooo long to finally end up to this. At first, I'll be honest, I was planning on killing Kol but then, I realised that it would be a really bad end.

So yup, that's it.

Hope you guys like it and I'll write a special chapter to thank you all! I love you all my Kolvina fam and thank you for reading my story

Many many kisses to you all❤❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 255 30
"Kol, Stop!", I cried while he continued to tickle me. "Please! I can't breath!" I struggled for him to stop. "But Love, your this thing called a...
225K 3.4K 37
Cassiana Gilbert. She's different, according to the original hybrid. She has something in her that sparks and ignites. It draws him in like a light d...
733K 14.3K 33
What if there what another person who knew the Mikaelson's before they got turned into Vampires. What if Niklaus had a best friend in the other world...
175K 3.3K 132
This story came to me in a dream and I couldn't let it go to waste The story will feature characters from the Vampire diaries so in a way this is a c...