The beginning is with a mark

By zelli_nelly

Arthur has gotten a mark, of spades even though he lives in clubs.. What could it mean? Alfred is Prince of s... More

Ch. 1: A mark
Ch. 2: A King and A Queen finally chosen
Ch.3:A fiancé problem and a new Jack
Ch.4: Magic!
Ch.5: Busy.
Ch.6: Rebellion
Ch.7: Quelling a rebellion
Ch.8: A bad memory
Ch.9: A wedding ritual
Ch.10: Problems
Ch.11: replicated Queens
Ch. 12: infiltration
Ch.13: an escape?
Ch.14: re-union and wars
Ch.15: beginnng of war
Ch.16: Oliver Kirkland
Ch. 17: the old Queens Ritual
Ch.18: not the end
Ch.19: the jokers tale
Ch.20: begining to remember
Ch.21: a jealous Queen
Ch.22: His Unrequitted Love
Ch.23: remembering hurts
Ch.24: Clara The Clock
Ch.25: The Deck...
Ch.26: Daniel.
Ch.27: "pregnancy test"
Ch.28: hello again

BOOK 2: ch.1; The Crossover

931 23 12
By zelli_nelly

Before I regret ever writing this, here you go. An entire chapter of the second book. Good luck with the feels, I'm sorry if I break anyone. Also picture up above so you can get an idea how much Artie loves his baby boy, please read the news down there! Bye!!
****************

Not every story has a happy ending
~Unknown
***********

Their was something wrong with the cardverse universe, the split in the world. It was splitting, letting in a portals of another world, anyone could cross, anyone could enter and leave...but there was one problem, it was happening again. For the second time, and this time it was stronger than before,

Clara the clock clutched her stomach in pain, it was the day after Arthur had Introduced Henry to all the Spades kingdom. Arthur and Alfred would finally live their happy ending and stop the curse that The Deck had placed upon them so long ago, to relive their lives until they had their happy ending. But it was too soon for a happy ending.

The clock gasped in pain as she clung to herself.
"Boss?" The joker, Gilbert, asked as he ran to her. The deck was out, and he wouldn't return until later after he had done a good inventory about the world problems

"G-Gil...it's happening again" she muttered in pain as his red eyes widened. The joker knew what was happening, it happened when Oliver entered the cardverse World, under the influence of the Evil Deck. But it couldn't be possible that The deck had opened another portal in the space of time and universes. "G-gil...people have entered this world, and not just that...AH!" She screamed in pain as she felt the tear in time, she was the goddess of time and it hurt her to feel this tear.

"It can't be possible. Last time, Oliver came from a different world...it's not possible-"

"This is a crossover! The world parallel to ours...it linked! Agh!" The clock yelled as she clutched onto Gilbert. "The royals are in dangers, the cardverse world will want to expel this new intruder...problem is...they look like some royals" the clock informed as she tried to push herself up, but the tear was unbearable. The joker looked around, confused what to do.

"What do I do? Warn them?! Help you!? I-uh- I'm not good for this!" Gilbert panicked as the clock laughed in pain.

"Summon Duke...summon them. But let them enter that Magical realm of the fairies and Queens."

"But that place is holy-"

"I order you." Clara ordered as her bright red eyes shined with demand. Gilbert bowed, he was her guard dog, her servant, bounded to her. He did as she said. The joker pulled his hoodie up, with the small horns.

" mistress....what will you do to save them" Gilbert asked as his personality became more cold. The clock finally pushed herself up, and stood. She held herself, as if hugging herself. The pain finally ebbing.

"I have to tell the truth...sooner or later, joker. One I haven't told even you" she informed as the joker only smirked, and bowed. her words held a double meaning, as if fearing the truth. fearing the future.

"As you wish." He spoke, as the Prussian went to work, to bring the Royals together once more

Apparently peace was not a choice in the matter and the happy ending for everyone. that everyone was wishing would not happen any time soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gilbert appeared to everyone, they all were in spades having fun, talking, and enjoying their time getting to know little prince Henry.
"Gilbert!" Liz yelled as she smiled, she sat near Roderich happily drinking some beer. "Did you come here to visit cute Henry too?" She asked as The joker smiled. Ludwig and Kiku played chess, Ace Mei at Kiku's side watching the game intensely. Meanwhile Arthur and Alfred were talking. Alfred held a sleeping Baby Henry in his arms, as Ivan and Yao played cards and even drank. Natalya and Toris were talking about flowers, as for feleciano he was sleeping on the couch. Lily and Francis were flirting, basch watching but didn't speak. The Nordics were laughing and drinking in celebration of finally defeating everything bad, of finally doing their proper job and now they would be glad to serve a happy king and Queen of spades. Mathew spoke to Ned, and Lux as well as Laura, the Benelux siblings while Antonio flirted with Romano.

"I wish...but I must tell you something, in a very special place" Gilbert replied as he noticed all the royals were silent. "I'm sorry..to ruin your night" Gilbert apologized as he tried to smile. his personality was a little off .

"What is the real problem?" Ludwig asked his Brother. Gilbert smiled, but it was not hopeful, it wasn't even cheerful

"Just follow the awesome me. All of you" Gilbert insisted as everyone stood up. The Prussian looked away and walked to a bare wall. He snapped his fingers and a door appeared. "Please enter" he said, as he opened the door. A room full of every kingdoms roses there, red, yellow, blue. No kingdom ever had all colored roses. Arthur entered after Alfred entered, he noticed the room was where he had had a Fairy and Queen meeting before going into war against Oliver.

Everyone entered, as The joker entered behind them all. "Please sit" he said, as there magically appeared many couches, and all exceptionally luxurious. the room looked beautiful. nature around them and even magical.

Ludwig hesitated to sit down as he gazed at the joker. "Is there a problem, gilbert?"

"Yes....uh- There has been a tear in time, and a parallel world has been linked with ours, uncool intruders have entered and may be a danger to you- no. They are a danger to you all. I'm not sure why, the clock hasn't given me the details, but she will be here" the joker informed as his red eyes looked more regretful as the time passed.

Arthur and Alfred looked at eachother confused, while Liz and Roderich held hands. Yao and Ivan began chatting about policies and kingdom stuff while Francis continued to flirt with lily. Feleciano had been carried into the room by Ludwig, and now the Italian snuggled up to the hearts king. Kiku and Mei were talking, while Natalya and Toris were quietly talking, indeed making a perfect couple. Antonio continued to flirt with Romano, as the Italian blushed furiously and the Nordics were speaking, apparently Emil was not only not quiet but speaking to a young Chinese man. Leo.

Suddenly there appeared the clock, her white flawless hair, her blue eyes, bright Emerald necklace, with a red dress and yellow earrings. On her dress were all the crests that have ever existed for every kingdom possible. She smiled, yet her smile didn't reach her eyes.
"Why are we here?" Arthur asked as The clock walked towards the group.

"As my joker has explained...there are intruders, and will most likely unbalance this world. The unbalance may cause some of you to be expelled by this world...into the oblivion, and I'm sure you all want to keep existing" she spoke, her voice truthful and harsh. Arthur looked confused.
"I'm saying...that there is a tear in the universe and in time, these intruders are some of you but in another universe, and this world knows there can't be two of one person. Unless gender benders, so...this world, the cardverse world knows there is something wrong. It will want to expel some of you, and if one of you disappeared or even dies, you take the entire monarchy with you. I can't risk you all for just a couple intruders...and right now your time is running out. I will give you two options"

"Which are what? madame?" Francis asked as he held Lily closer.

"A small eternal slumber, until the energy is balanced out here, or letting you die and taking your entire monarchy with you. Causing the end of your rule....but I would never let you die."

"so you aren't even giving us options. da." Ivan said his icy eyes looking traitorous and even a bit colder than usual

"Those aren't options." Alfred spoke, his voice strong and kingly. "Arthur, we can't die...we just found Henry and we want that happy ending-"

"And don't forget," the joker spoke, "that you are cursed to live your life over until you get your happy ending. If you die now, then you may reincarnate in a thousand years, again"

"We can't leave Henry orphaned" Alfred spoke again as Arthur stood up.

"B-but this isn't fair! Clock! I-I just got back to Alfred and even have a son- what about our kingdoms? While we sleep for who knows bloody how long, who will rule? If you will put everyone to bloody sleep here-"

"Leave that to me" the clock spoke, when suddenly the Deck appeared besides her.

"Love. I got your message- oh...I'm kinda late?"

"You know this tear, don't you? Remember the last one?" The clock asked her beloved

"I do...Oliver came through...I mean except for the fact I kinda summoned him-"

"This is unfair!" Arthur yelled, as little Henry began to wake. Alfred hushed the baby and rocked his son. "Sorry....I just- I can't leave Henry, I can't leave him, he's too young to rule. And for how long will we sleep?"

'He's right, for how long?" Elizaveta asked as she looked worried. her voice was almost a whisper.

"You can't get your happy ending unless you do this" Clara spoke, her voice almost breaking. She was breaking her heart, she had never wanted to see her greatest creations being forced to sleep like she had to force The deck to sleep, hundreds of years ago. " I...I assure you that Henry will live long enough to see you...but please accept." Her voice became frail, almost a whisper. Everyone could see how hard this would be.

"And when will this energy balance out? Da?" Ivan asked as the clock was quiet. "You don't know."

".....I know I am the child of time, but even I can't know for certain until I find these intruders..."

"Gilbert?" Elizaveta asked as her worried eyes gazed at him. Gilbert looked away, he was fighting his own urge to argue with The clock, to disobey, to never see his friends leave him again.

"I promise you that when you will wake, you will all see your children-"

"But we don't have any kids" lily whispered,

"I know...that's why I will make them for you."

"My love...that will take your strength away" the deck spoke as the clock ignored him.

"I promise you all that you will get your happy ending" she assured as the deck furrowed his brows. He pulled his wife towards him.

"Give us 5 minutes" the deck spoke to the royals , as he turned to his wife, "You saw something,and aren't telling them. What is it?" The deck asked her as she began to tear up. "....don't tell me...it's the world I came from?"

"It is" she whispered, "I can't risk you leaving, I can't risk our best creations dying and being sent to oblivion then cursed to reincarnate...I want to see them happy, and the only way is to send them to eternal sleep"

"Clara," dukes soft voice spoke to her, it was almost peaceful to her ears. He held her hands in his. "You can't tell them of the other worlds yet. Not yet. They aren't ready"

"Oliver is out of the underworld, and I can't track him down. These intruders, I know the joker can track them...but I will only temporarily let them sleep, it's for their safety" Clara pleaded to her beloved as he sighed in sadness.

"I'll be sleeping again?"

"I'm sorry" Clara whispered as she let a tear trickled down her cheek. The deck wiped it away,

"I've always trusted you, even after I became insane. Then I became sane because of you...I can go through hell for you, but don't forget that even I can't do anything about the crossover of worlds-"

"I know...these intruders, don't even know they're affect in time and this world. Two people existing of one, isn't good for this world, I know you can keep them safe while they slumber"

"How will you deal with the kingdoms?" the deck asked his voice brave and composed.

"That's for me to know..." clara replied as she truthfully hadn't planned anything. she was so focused on keeping her favorites safe.

"Clara..." The deck began saying when they were interrupted by the spades king and queen. Alfred held Henry in his arms as Arthur looked like he was about to break.

"We...we can't risk dying or being thrown to oblivion- whatever that is- just because of some stupid imbalance in the universe, both Arthur and I wanna live to see Henry get married...at least, but...if this is truly the only way to not leave Henry orphaned at a young age, we will take it" Alfred spoke, as he looked at Henry with a caring father look.

"Please...take care of Henry for us. Tell him about us-" Arthur began saying when Alfred began to hand sleeping baby Henry to Clara. "P-please...never leave him lonely"

"I promise you that Henry will never be alone" the clock promised as she took little cute baby Henry in her arms. She could feel the young boys life force in her arms, and it made her want to cry because never had she ever wanted for Arthur and Alfred to suffer any more...but it was for their safety. Suddenly behind them appeared the Nordics.

"I don't wanna die, and I don't want my bruthers to die either" Mathias spoke as he smiled, but it was sad, "so...we all decided that sleep wouldn't be bad"

"Mmm." Sve spoke as he nodded, tino held onto the Swedish mans hand, and smiled at him.

"SO....we agree with Queenie. We will sleep until everything's okay" Mathias spoke as he held his brothers hands, Lukas and Emil. Emil blushed as he held his older brothers hand, while he also held the Young Chinese Mans hand, Leo. "And...Emil here, doesn't wanna leave Leo"

"Shut up!" Emil yelled embarrassed as Leo smirked. Lukas gave a sly smirk but kept it quiet.

"You boys are always brave" the clock complimented them as they smiled and walked away, behind them Roderich and Elizaveta. Elizaveta held her husband's hand tightly, as she looked so sad, that the clock felt guilty.

"Liz here can't speak, cause she's afraid to cry. But she said that if you will give us kids...make them as musical as I, and as brave as her. But in my opinion, please make them as beautiful as their mother" Roderich said with a small smile as Liz began to cry. "Liz, please...don't get sad, we will only sleep"

"B-but...the thought of maybe never waking to see our children or you...makes me sad" Liz whispered, her voice frail. Roderich smiled and hugged his wife. "I-I'm sorry..." The clubs queen apologized to the clock as the clock began to tear up but she blinked back tears. This seemed like a very serious goodbye, because it was true. The clock couldn't assure them that They would wake to see their children. The joker clenched his hands into fists, trying to keep back any hatred, any sadness, any emotions.

"I don't have much to say" Ludwig spoke, as Ivan nodded.

"Dont worry, you all. I will bless you with dreams of the present time, of the memories," the clock assured as she held Henry close. "I swear...I will protect you all and your children " she spoke as all the royals stood Infront of her, all in a line. As if soldiers ready to fight, but they weren't fighting a war. They were fighting for their safety, for their happy endings.

"Take care, please" Arthur spoke as he smiled. His smile was heartbreakingly sad and yet beautiful. The spades king and queen held their hands, as each couple did. Ivan with Yao, Toris with Natalya, Roderich and Elizaveta, and so on. The clock smiled, as she raised a hand, ready to place the slumber spell on her greatest creations.

"Sweet dreams my beautiful creations" she whispered. With her hand, a bright warm light began to surround them all, raising them up to the air, and laying them down. "et donec tempus pertranseat incidat sopor est donec dilecto meo exaltabitur donec viderit vultus vestros macilentiores tunc iterum bonum noctis" her words a sweet lullaby almost.
((fall into a deep slumber until time passes and all is clear, until you are safe my beloveds, until then shall i see your faces once more, good night))

The bodies of her greatest creations were encased in a beautiful crystal coffin, like snow whites, as she slept. Instead, each one had their own case, with different colors of their kingdoms, and their crests imprinted outside of their sleeping abode. The joker bit back his tears, and his anger.

"Why...?" Gilbert asked his voice a whisper

"Why what?" The clock asked as she began to cry, tears falling down her cheeks. Prince Henry sleeping in her arms. The joker felt like punching something, anything.

"Why...why did the universe have to take them away once more? Why couldn't you just spare them this one time? Give them their awesome happy ending?!" The joker yelled, as prince Henry was startled in his sleep.

"Shh" Clara whispered as she kissed the prince of spades forehead. "I can't control these things, joker. This happened for a reason"

"No. Why couldn't the universe let them be happy? To live? To have an awesome amazing family-" Gilbert began saying as he walked towards Roderich and Elizaveta's Crystal bed. "Why!? It's not fucking fair!"

"Joker!" The clock scolded, "you are angry and sad. Don't blame me-"

'But you're the goddess of time! Another tear in time and space, so what? You control time! Heal yourself, prevent these intruders from-"

"No. Time and space and parallel worlds are harder than what you think! I am only the child of time, I cannot control time. I can only manipulate it"

"Through me!? Why take them from me again!? Why can't you- why!?" The Prussian asked as he began to tear up and bang against the hard crystal prison that kept his beloved friends. "....please....bring them back"

"Gilbert,...a slumber spell is a spell one that won't break but must be broken....go find me the intruders, and bring them here"

"I know I'm your damn dog! But give me a break" Gilbert yelled as the clock wiped her tears,

"I order you." She sternly spoke as Gilberts eyes brightened and again he was under her Control. He frowned, and walked towards her. He knelt down on one knee and lowered his head,

"As you wish." He muttered as he glared at the ground. "But I have to ask" the joker spoke as he raised himself. He looked straight into the goddess of times eyes. His bright red eyes full of sadness, and hatred. "Why...did this happen again?"

"I'm not sure"

"How will you deal with the kingdoms? How will you create the children of them-"

"One problem at a time, right now. Find me the intruders...that have caused this. Joker, go" the clock ordered as she turned her back on him. Gilbert nodded and disappeared. The clock went to Henry's room, a dark blue room, with silver, and light blue paintings on the walls. All for him. Clara placed the young prince to his crib when the joker appeared with a Japanese man,

"Prussia-San?! What are you doing! Is this part of the game?" Japan asked as the joker glared. The clock turned her gaze on this man, he looked like Kiku. So these intruders were indeed part of a different universe. "Prussia-San?"

Clara snapped her fingers, and the Japanese man fell asleep in the jokers arms. "He will sleep as long as our royals, if he kept being awake he would've disturbed the time, polluting it."
The joker nodded quietly. "Bring the other 3"

"Yes." Gilbert replied and in seconds he brought another one. An American. "He was in the outskirts of spades"

"Dude? Prussia? What are you doing? Is this part of the game iggy-" America began asking when Clara snapped her fingers once more and let the American sleep. The joker sighed once more.

"Two more." Gilbert whispered to himself as in a few minutes, the joker appeared to his mistress with two more intruders. "I couldn't find Oliver, he's shielded. But I found these" Gilbert had a tight grasp on a Spanish man and an Austrian that looked so much like Antonio and Roderich.

"Prussia?" Austria asked as he fixed his glasses,

"Amigo!!" Spain greeted as he almost hugged the joker, but Gilbert flinched back. He couldn't know these strangers because these strangers were not his cardverse friends. These were the intruders that caused everything bad to happen. The clock snapped her fingers and the two countries fell asleep. The joker sighed,

"They seem to know me as Prussia...I wonder if I exist in another world?"

"Maybe you do." The clock replied, "for now, they will sleep as long as the royals...and for now, I will start to build a palace in the borders of the four kingdoms, to raise the children in"

"Wait? You were serious about making them kids?" The joker asked confused, as he still looked at the two bodies of these intrusive countries. "Who is going to raise them? If you're ruling...you won't have time-'

"You will. Peter...isn't pleased about me sending the Nordics to sleep" the clock informed as Gilbert backed away.

"I don't do kids-"

"You will learn." Clara replied sternly as she snapped her fingers once more, and the bodies of the intruders were gone. "They are in the holy realm of the fairies and queens with the rest of the royals...for now, I will rest" she began saying when she walked towards the exit of the young Prince's room. 'And Gilbert...don't over think this, nothing good ever comes from overthinking these curses and spells"

"I always do as you say...mistress" Gilbert replied as he lowered his head, and bowed.

"Good joker." And with those words she left the room. This was the beginning of a new problems, of another world, of a new discovery. The countries of another world entered the world of cardverse, apparently.
Happy ending weren't what expected the cardverse world.
And so they slept....until...the world was balanced in the cardverse universe. but that was for years to come.
now, what could the countries be doing in the cardverse world?

>>>>>>>>stop and read, NEWS>>>>>>>>>
You may ask what the hell am I thinking with this chapter? I just threw you into a world of chaos!!! Muahahahha just kidding but!!
hello! author or writer here whatever the hell I am, I should have more manners XD I'm sorry if I broken anyone today...or made you sad.
so I may have gone a little too far and basically crushed the whole happy endings thing but trust me, it's not that bad.
besides not all stories have happy endings right?
well this ain't a happy beginning either.
I hope I haven't tortured anyone today with my words, but a story is a story.
Arthur and Alfred won't be getting a happy ending so soon, so yeah.. Any dislike or questions or comments or whatever, please tell me!
anyways
bye byeeee
Wait sorry, before I go, I'll be making the second book soon. It won't be in here, so I'm so confident in this one. Because I spent like 6 hours thinking about it. Like I know I'm dedicated this time! I'll post about it or something, sorry I have wasted your time! Byyee
~i.m.

Imagine how Alfred felt leaving Henry to be, just an idea 👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 84 11
Alfred meets a very introverted student at his school. After falling head over heels for kiku, he decided that he should get to know him more. Trying...
40.9K 1.5K 13
Cardverse! Omegaverse! Farmer boy and Alpha, Alfred F. Jones runs into the lost Queen of the Spade Kingdom, and helps him get back to the castle. The...
3.8K 174 5
After ten years of living as the youngest of four children, Arthur Kirkland is firmly convinced that older brothers are useless at best, a nuisance a...
4.3K 148 12
Is the clown the fool of the story, or are you? After all, the clown knows it's an act, but the audience is so lost in it that they tend to forget. ...