Unseen

By _CasuallyMe

She hated him, she genuinely hated him. He was cute, very attractive, but his attitude and mouth made him alm... More

Unseen
Chapter One: Friends
Chapter Two: Bad Boy with Culture
Chapter Three: Or Both?
Chapter Four: Aftermath of a Confession
Chapter Five: Mark My Words
Chapter Six: Ready or Not
Chapter Seven: On the Road Again
Chapter Eight: First Date's a Charm
Chapter Nine: Family Matters
Chapter Ten: Party Like It's Your Birthday
Chapter Eleven: Happy Belated Mothers Day
Chapter Twelve: Confusion and Heartbreak
Chapter Thirteen: Kayla Land
Chapter Fourteen: Elephants in Thailand
Chapter Fifteen: One Year
Chapter Seventeen: Tokyo Part One
Chapter Eighteen: Falling in Love
Chapter Nineteen: The Morning After
Chapter Twenty: Happy Halloween
Chapter Twenty-One: Surprise! A Baby and Lies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Anthony
Chapter Twenty-Three:

Chapter Sixteen: Happy Birthday

1.9K 77 22
By _CasuallyMe

A/N: LOL, Y'ALL!! I updated the last chapter by accident and thought it was the new one, but THIS ONE is the real one. Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you're enjoying it! I love all of you and you are all perfect! (PS: this song is perfect for this chapter because it's literally EVERYTHING that happens between them lol. Plus, I added the wrong song to the last chapter bc I thought it was the wrong one, but this one is right. I'm becoming obsessed with William Singe and his music and his voice). See you at the end! 

Happy Birthday

Kayla sat on the plane and took a deep breath. Preston had been gone for a month, and she missed him like hell. He would try and call, but often times she was at her office or at work and her phone was off. She looked down at her engagement ring and a frown painted itself across her face. She was sure she wanted to marry him, but their being apart and him being on a press tour kind of scared her. She knew they could work through it, but she was unsure if she could handle the overdrive in their lives they were about to experience.

Preston was active on his social media and posted pictures of his fiancée and their son almost everyday. But lately, there were pictures of him with his teammates in the pool. The comments were something intense. Women left and right told him how sexy he was and how hot he looked in the water. Kayla wasn't insecure, but small things like those worried her. He was a man and he had to go through a month with no sex. She was sure there was temptation, and she was worried sick when she thought about him falling for it.

One night in particular, a teammate of his posted a picture of them in a club. Preston wasn't drinking, as he knew he shouldn't be doing, but just seeing him in that environment, knowing women were throwing themselves at him made Kayla a little weary. She remembered Rio and how the same thing happened, but he insisted he wasn't doing anything. She trusted him, but after his last Olympic Games and getting Alexandria pregnant shortly after, it was definitely concerning.

It was Preston's twenty-sixth birthday and she was excited. She planned on visiting for a week, then heading back until they flew in for the Games. He made her promise to not plan anything, and he even insisted he did the planning, which she let him do. He'd been blowing her phone up with texts about missing her and his plans once she got there, but Kayla was still in her head. With that being said, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep for the next four hours.

Preston was panicking. Kayla was on her way to his hotel and he was nervous. He couldn't wait to hug her and kiss her, but he knew she was unhappy when she opened his texts and never replied. He was hoping he could get her to forgive him, but he knew it would take a minute. She was protective over him, and while she trusted him, he knew she hated to see women around. He was the same way with her, and he couldn't blame her for being a little upset.

He showered, combed his hair, and put on a light blue button down shirt with black pants with black loafers. He liked it and he knew baby blue was one of her favorite colors. Preston sprayed her favorite cologne and took a deep breath. He was ready to see the love of his life for the first time in a month. Suddenly, he heard someone knocking, and he got excited all over again. She had finally arrived.

"Baby!" Preston hollered as he opened the door to see his fiancée looking every bit of graceful as he'd left her.

"Hi, Preston," she sighed, moving past him and into the room.

"Babe, I have the perfect night. Okay, so we're going to differ first, then there's this really great temple I want to visit. After that, we'll go to the practice facility and I'll show you everything. Then, I was thinking we could come back here and we'll just hang out for a little bit," he smiled as she turned to look at him.

"You seem very excited," she said in response.

"Well, it's my birthday and I'm just seeing you for the first time in a month, so..." Preston trailed, blushing deeply.

"Happy birthday," she sighed as she pulled him to her, kissing his lips twice.

"Thank you," he grinned widely. "I know you're upset because I went to the club, but it was a team thing. I didn't drink or smoke."

"It's not that I'm worried about. It's the girls," she huffed as he nodded.

"There were girls, but everyone knows I'm engaged to the love of my life. I turned down every single one. My focus is on you. So, can we please have a great week? A great birthday week?" he cooed as she looked away.

"Okay, fine. I'm just so worried because you're on the other side of the world and I'm at home with a baby. You haven't had sex in a month, and these women are offering it left and right. It's so hard," she huffed, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I know it is, baby. But look! We're here now, no distractions. Just us!" he replied excitedly as she whimpered.

"You're so happy to see me. You have no clue how that makes me feel," she mumbled, kissing his lips again as he held her close.

"I missed you," he whispered, kissing her forehead.

"I missed you more... Promise me you'll be with me forever?"

"Forever, baby. I love you," he said lowly as she took a deep breath. "I can't wait to marry you."

"Me either. I love you, too."

"Let's go."

"Paparazzi is outside, crazy. Just be careful and don't get too mad, okay?" Kayla warned as they left the hotel room and headed to the elevator.

"There's security. I've told just about every single person I've come in contact with that you were coming. I couldn't stop talking about you. I'm sure everyone is sick of me," he chuckled as she looked up at him, squeezing his hand.

"That's how it's supposed to be. You're so cute," she giggled as he blushed deeply.

"So are you. How's my baby boy?"

"He's walking more and more and pulling stuff down. He's a handful, just like his daddy," she teased as the elevator finally opened and they rode it down.

"His daddy misses him too. I've been training like crazy, otherwise, I would've loved for him to come down for a few days."

"How'd you get tonight off, by the way?" she asked as he shrugged.

"My coach said we could all take tonight for our spouses and fiancées. He said we deserved it."

"What time do you normally leave practice?"

"Around six. But this week I'm leaving at four to spend time with you. I can't tell you how much this means to me," he sighed, kissing their intertwined hands.

"Yeah?"

"Of course, baby. I mean, Kayla freaking Davenport is my fiancée. To a twelve year old Preston, that would be crushing. To this Preston, it's... I can't even begin to explain," he smiled as she lifted her arms around him again.

"Kiss me like how you've wanted to kiss me," Kayla whispered as Preston's eyes widened.

"This may take awhile," he whispered, looking up to see they were on the twenty-second floor, still going down.

He kissed her lips deeply, his lips and tongue surprising Kayla as he did so. It had been way too long since she had been kissed like that, and she needed it. He gripped her backside in his hands as she moaned loudly, holding his head and kissing harder. He grunted loudly, feeling all of her in his arms. Damn, she was sexy. Their mouths clasped each other and seemed to refuse to let go, until they heard a ding.

Immediately, flashes of light went off. People were shouting at America's "it" couple. Though Preston was a huge celebrity, people were learning more about Kayla and what she did. She refused to find fame in her boyfriend's shadow, so whenever someone interviewed her, she always talked about her work, and she was gaining traction. After her interview with Time, people began reaching out left and right, but she wasn't really the type for the hype. She let Preston handle it, and he barely liked it himself.

"When's the wedding?!"

"Where's your son?"

"Why haven't you two been together for a month? Rough time?"

"Preston cheated last night at a club, you're still with him?!"

Kayla sighed heavily as a body guard escorted them to the car that was waiting outside. Preston opened Kayla's door then went around and got in beside her in the back seat.

"Every time that is insane," Kayla sighed as Preston nodded along, holding her hand tightly.

"I didn't cheat on you," he shook his head immediately.

"I know, baby. I'm just ready to marry you and have a baby. That's majority of what I think about," she huffed as he kissed her cheek.

"I want the same things, baby. I'm so excited for the wedding! We only have, what, a month and a few days until the Games, then we're getting married in September. Are you nervous?" he smirked, looking down at her.

"Nervous?! I just want to be included in your life insurance policy. The rest is no matter-"

"Shut up," he chuckled, pressing his forehead against hers. "Damn, I missed you. Facetime isn't enough anymore."

"Well," she paused, kissing him thrice. "You have three more weeks until I'm back with Brayden. It'll be exciting. But you know, after the Games, there's no sex."

"Yes... I know," he sighed as she giggled.

"You look so handsome tonight," she complimented, setting her hand on his chest.

"Thank you. You look stunning. How was your flight?"

"Awful! I was mad at you the whole time," she scoffed as he laughed loudly.

"My poor baby... But, the good thing is that you're gonna be a married woman soon. I get so happy every time I think about it," he blushed as she smirked at him.

"I can't wait either. Give me a kiss," she whispered as if she was shy in her asking.

"Absolutely not," he chuckled as she scoffed.

"What?!"

"No. We're here," he smiled as he got out to open her door.

"What is this place?" she asked as he helped her out.

"It's the oldest restaurant in Tokyo. There's someone I want you to meet."

Preston escorted Kayla into the small restaurant, and he was greeted by the smallest Japanese woman Kayla had ever seen. She grasped Preston in a hug and kissed his cheek multiple times.

"Hi, Aike. This is my fiancée, Kayla. Isn't she pretty?" he grinned widely as the lady drug her eyes over to Kayla.

"You gorgeous! Preston is my baby," she cooed, pinching his cheeks as Kayla smiled.

"At least someone can watch while I'm in America," she winked.

"He know better. I tell him I love you. He talk about you all the time," Aike smiled back. "Sit! Come sit and eat. I know what he like."

"Yes ma'am. Thank you, by the way."

"Anything for my Pressy!" she shouted as she headed to the back to prepare his food.

"I come here every single day. They use all fresh ingredients, meat, and vegetables. I have been talking to Aike about you since I started coming, and she couldn't wait to meet you. But, let's go sit," he nodded towards a table that had a single rose in the middle with rose pedals around it.

"Preston, this is so sweet," she whispered.

"I missed my girl. I figured since you were by yourself a lot, tonight I'd show you it's not all in vain. I want this forever, and there will come a day where we can't be with each other all day every day, it's like that now, but when that day comes, I want you to understand that my love will always be there for you. It's crazy right now, but when this is all said and done, it's me and you. Always," he replied, kissing her lips three times.

"Thank you. I think I needed that reassurance because I was getting weary about us and being able to be apart for so long. But now I know you are committed in ways I have never seen a man be, and I'm the same way. I love you so much," she nodded as she leaned and kissed his lips.

"I love you, too," he smiled, pulling out her chair. "So, I know we talk on the phone, but tell me how everyone is? How have you been?"

"Everyone's doing great. Your sister just finished her school year, and she's got an internship and everything. Your mom, as I'm sure you know, is helping me so much with Brayden. I can't thank her enough. Your daddy, too. He's been so good about picking him up from the nanny can go home and keeping him until I leave work. My dad is officially divorcing Paula. He's taking it hard, but he says he needs to just think for a minute because he's still in love with my mom. It's so frustrating seeing him make these stupid decisions when my mom doesn't want him. She's bringing her new boyfriend to the wedding, and I made them promise no drama. My mom is in Asia still, doing her thing with her man. I'm so proud of her. Erica's baby is coming hopefully right when I get back, and Christiana asks about Uncle Pres a lot. Samaad is going great. He's been offered a show with ABC, and he's getting into more movies. He's really talented. I think that's just about it," she answered as waters were placed in front of them.

"You forgot the most important thing... You."

"I'm... I don't know. I know I miss you. I knew I would, but I didn't how it would really hurt until you got on that plane. Our family has been great, but as far as sleeping and being happy goes, it's a struggle. I look at Brayden and see you all over him and I just shake my head. I'm sure he's tired of sleeping with me by now, but I refuse to let him go. I just can't wait for you to be home, with me, in our bed like it's supposed to be," she huffed as he smirked.

"My baby misses me," he frowned as he picked up Kayla's hand. "It's been the same here, too. Seeing these guys run women is so troubling because I just want one woman and she's across the globe. But we'll grow through it. Right?"

"Yes. We will grow through it."

"Anything else?"

"One more thing..." she trailed, unsure if she should say anything.

"I... I think I might be pregnant," she blurted as Preston felt his heart completely stop.

There was silence for about ten seconds before Preston opened his mouth.

"When did you... H-how are we... Even with-"

"I'm not for sure yet, but I'm late on my cycle, I'm emotional, and I've been eating like crazy. I have the tests, but I'm so scared to take one because I don't know how to feel," she sighed as Preston seemed to have a far away look in his eyes. "Preston? Say something, please?"

"I... I don't know what to say. I'm just... Wow," he replied as Kayla squeezed his hand.

"What's your concern, babe?"

"Nothing, nothing. I was just hoping we could be married for a bit before having a baby. I would be happy, don't get me wrong, but I wanted to experience some things with you and Brayden. What about you?"

"I'm about the same. I'm terrified because I have no clue what pregnancy is like. I wanted to be married for a little bit, too. But, if this is what happens, will you be ready? Will we?" Kayla questioned as Preston ran a hand through his hair.

"I love being a daddy, and you love being a mommy. There's no doubt that we'll be great parents again, but it's the timing. With the wedding, the Games, and everything else, it would be hard," he replied honestly.

"Yeah, I agree. But I'll take them when we get back tonight, and we'll find out. I'm nervous..."

"Don't be. If you are, we'll plan accordingly. If not, we'll try after we've been married for six months," he shrugged as she nodded along.

"Okay. Thank you for being so open about this. I love you," Kayla said as their food came out.

"I love you, too. Let's eat!"

After viewing a beautiful temple, touring the training facility, and taking a walk to view cherry blossoms, the couple returned to the hotel room with the largest smiles on their faces. Kayla had never felt so in love before. Preston was funny, he was sweet, and he could lay some serious kisses. Her head was spinning with the idea that their marriage would be a million times better. That thought alone gave her shivers down her spine.

Preston smiled as he lifted Kayla onto his waist and kissed her all over her face as she giggled. He was just happy to have her in his arms for seven whole days. He missed her more than anything, besides Brayden, and his chest hurt when he thought about her leaving. He wished she could stay like some of the other guys' girlfriends and wives. But she had so much going on, it was nearly impossible. Preston looked into her eyes and took a deep breath. Every time he looked into her soul, he could see everything he needed. She had patience like no other. Love. Kindness. Genuineness. She was his baby, and she would be that way forever.

"Stay here," Preston grunted as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I will for six days," she nodded as he nuzzled into her neck.

"Longer," he mumbled.

"I wish I could, but who's gonna keep Bray, and help Erica when the baby comes? I have to still plan for the wedding, picking colors, cakes, invitations. I have a lot to do, baby," she replied as he sighed.

"I was just... thinking about you. I think being apart from you highlighted the things I see everyday, but it made me miss them because I'd gotten used to it. You didn't have to take care of our baby, you didn't have to love my sister and mentor her, you damn sure didn't have to save me. I'm in love with who you are. You keep knocking me down," he replied, his voice low as she grinned.

"Yeah?" she teased as he kissed her neck.

"Hell yeah."

"Look at me," she whispered as he looked up at her, his eyes wide. "I did those things because I'm in love with you just the same. Every morning, I look at my phone that's a picture of you and Brayden laughing. You two are the reason I do everything, why I wake up every single day. But..."

"What?"

"I should take these tests. Then after that, we can mess up the sheets a little in honor of your birthday," she smirked.

"Y-yeah. Let's do that," he nodded as he put her down carefully.

Kayla's hand was shaking as she looked in her purse and pulled out the three boxes. She took a deep breath and headed to the bathroom, saying a silent prayer that whatever God wanted to happen would happen. With that being said, she closed the door, and the anxiety began.

After about eight minutes, Kayla opened the door and looked at Preston. He walked over to her and into the bathroom, holding her close.

"No matter what they say, we'll be happy. Okay? No matter what," he whispered as Kayla hugged him as tight as she possibly could before turning to the counter, eyes closed.

"Ready? Open in one... two... three," she whispered as they opened their eyes, looking over the tests.

"They're all negative," Preston sighed, kissing her cheek.

"Is it okay to feel relieved?" she whispered back.

"Yes. I'm relieved," he nodded as she turned in his arms.

"I was almost certain I was. I'm not upset or anything, I'm just gonna have to find out what's going on in my body. In the meantime, birthday boy, we have a lot of lovin' to make up for," she smirked, unbuttoning his shirt.

"Mhm... That we do," he grumbled, kissing her lips deeply.

*****************

Preston woke up for the second time to an empty bed. The first time, Kayla woke him up with sex and left him to pass out. But this time was different. He sat up slowly and looked around, not seeing her. He groaned and laid back down. He had to be at practice in an hour, and all he wanted was to cuddle with her for a few minutes. Suddenly, the door to the balcony opened, and in came the most beautiful woman in the world. Preston's breath ditched him as he watched his fiancée come in, closing the door behind her.

"Good morning," she smiled as she sat on the bed.

"H-hi. I miss waking up to you..."

"I figured you would want to just sit here before you left," she nodded, climbing into his arms.

"Well, you were exactly right. How was your morning?"

"Complex. I've been thinking nonstop," she sighed as Preston rubbed her back.

"About what?"

"About us, of course. About last night..."

"The tests?"

"Yes. I was just thinking that maybe there's no right time to have a baby. I mean, in eight months, our lives will be so different. You'll be doing interviews, hopefully owning a community center, and touring with the team. I'll be working as always, and starting blue prints for my initiative. It'll be so much going on. Who are we to say when the right time is?" she shook her head as Preston took a deep breath.

"You're right, you're so right. So how about we don't put a time on it. How about we just feel it out, and when the time feels right, we'll do it," he suggested.
"That makes the most sense."

"Good. So, there's a shower with our name on it. Are you willing to join me?" She whispered, kissing his shoulder.

"Yes," he grinned hard as she chuckled. "What?"

"Nothing! It's just... I miss showering with you," she blushed as he smirked.

"Wait until you see my new muscle," Preston winked, standing from the bed stark naked.

"I see it now, and I saw it last night," she giggled as she followed him into the bathroom.

"I love you," he laughed as he kissed her lips twice before starting the shower.

"I love you more. Hurry up so you can go and come back!"

***************

After a great practice and an even better workout, Preston headed back to his hotel, ready to see Kayla. His heart pounded with anticipation. He assumed most of the reason he practiced and worked out so well was so his coach would let him leave early and see her. He chuckled as he thought about how sprung he was on one girl for his entire adult and adolescent life. She really worked on his heart every single day.

As he opened the door to his room, he frowned, seeing Kayla asleep in the bed. He kicked his shoes off and walked toward her, kissing her cheek until her eyes slowly opened. She gave him the sweetest smile and he replied with one of his own. He held her face and moved his thumbpad over her cheek.

"I love you," were the first words he spoke. Kayla kissed his palm before responding.

"I love you, too, baby. But go shower and get in this bed," she demanded as he smiled.

"Yes ma'am. Do you need anything?"

"No, you just interrupted nap time. You probably need a nap, too."

"I think you're right. I'll be right back."

Kayla fell asleep again as Preston showered, and when he came out half an hour later, she had already taken over the large bed. He shook his head and climbed in with her, wrapping his arms around her waist as she flipped and landed on his chest. He kissed her head before pulling the covers up and going to sleep with the love of his life.

About two hours later, Kayla shuffled her eyes awake to see Preston looking down at her as he furrowed his eyebrows. When he realized she was awake, he flinched and she giggled. She kissed his knuckles and looked at her engagement ring. Yep. She was still in love, just like every other time she woke up. Kayla grinned at Preston as the couple didn't say anything, they just stared.

"Hi, baby," Preston whispered.

"Hi, love. How was practice?"

"It was great. I worked really hard so I could come home and see you."

"Don't call this home. I couldn't handle that," she shook her head as he smirked.

"Wherever you are, baby, that's home," he winked, kissing her cheek as she whimpered.

"Ungh! I have six days left. Don't make me bring you back," Kayla whined, rolling over so she was straddling his waist. "What's that?"

"This... I don't know," he blushed as she kissed his neck, stroking his manhood.

"You could've just woken me up, babe," she whispered, biting his ear as his hips bucked.

"I... That wasn't there when I woke up. It was only there when you did," he replied, voice shaky.

"Oh... Let me handle him then," she nodded, kissing down his body until she reached his member, sliding his boxers down expertly.

"Damn..."

After the best oral sex Preston had ever felt, he was sliding into Kayla with cries from the both of them. He grunted at how warm and wet his was, and stroked twice deeply. Suddenly, someone was knocking and Preston grunted.

"Go away!" he shouted, focusing on Kayla as she moaned his name.

"Pres... Don't stop," she gasped as she ran her hands against him.

The knocking continued and Preston took a deep breath, looking down at Kayla as she frowned. He growled before he removed himself, threw on his boxers, and headed toward the door.

"What?!" he screeched as he opened the door.

"Sorry dude. Some of us are downstairs about to go out. Do you wanna go? We texted you a million times," Robby, a teammate of his said.

"Do I... Robby, no. I do not want to go. I told you guys this week I'm off the radar. Don't text me, call me, whatever. I'm with my fiancée. Okay?" he snapped, slamming the door.

He ran back to the bed and kissed Kayla on her lips as she moaned throatily.

"Mmm, babe," she grunted, pushing his head back.

"Hmm?"

"Don't be mean to your friends. Be nice," she reminded as he shrugged.

"I told them. That was his fault," he sighed as he looked down at her. "Can we finish? Please?"

"Just be nice," she sighed as she pulled his lips back on his.

Despite Preston's constant whining, Kayla made him get up and get dressed. After spending the day in bed, making love and experiencing the best sex ever, Kayla forced Preston to go to this dinner with his teammates. He grumbled and complained while she showed him options of what she wanted to wear. When she was doing her makeup, he pulled her close and told her he simply wanted to be with her, thinking that would work. She denied and instead kept getting dressed. Finally, three minutes before they had to go, Preston threw a fit and grabbed the clothes Kayla wanted him to wear.

"You look so handsome!"

"Whatever," he grunted as he slipped his shoes on, attitude seeping from his tone.

"Baby, this is a team thing. You have to participate. Besides, the other wives and girlfriends are going. We all have a group chat to keep up. I think it'll be fun to finally meet them in person. Some of them are doing some great work, just like me, and I'm looking forward to connecting."

"You should be looking forward to connecting with me-"

"Preston!" she reprimanded as she turned to looked at him.

"What?" he grumbled as she grabbed her purse.

"You cannot expect me to be in Tokyo with your team and their wives, and just never talk to them. You're being incredibly selfish right now," she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not, baby... I just keep thinking about you leaving, and I don't wanna regret not spending time with you when you're gone," he replied as she closed her makeup bag and turned to look at him.

"Baby..." she trailed as she stood in front of him, lifting his arms to hold her waist as he sat on the bed. "We have five more days together. I promise we will spend time together as we have the last two days. Don't hate me, please?"

"Yeah, yeah," he sighed as she kissed his forehead.

"I love you..."

"I love you, too. Let's go," he nodded as he stood and grasped her hand.

Kayla was having a blast with Preston and his teammates as they all sat around the large table. It was a casual restaurant, but the press outside was going crazy as the guys on the Men's Olympic Swimming Team for Team USA entered the building with their wives, fiancées, and significant others. Preston answered a few questions about the upcoming wedding as Kayla talked with the other ladies about their work in philanthropy. Many of them had dedicated their lives to causes, such as Kayla had, and it was interesting to see what field they had chosen.

Now, they were engaged in a game of Truth or Dare and it was hilarious to see some of their answers. Some people were drunk and others were sober, but it was fun for everyone. Preston had, surprisingly, remained calm throughout the game, and answered every question that came his way clearly. Kayla was happy that he didn't ruin everyone's mood because he didn't want to come. She smiled softly and reached for his hand under the table.

"Love you. Thanks for this," she whispered as he looked down at her, kissing her gently.

"Preston! Truth or dare?" Terrance asked. He and Preston didn't get along at all.

"Let's go with truth this time," he nodded.

"So how long have you really been clean? I find it hard to believe you just quit cold turkey," he winked as Preston looked at him.

"Dude..." trailed Michael, the closest one to Preston.

"That wasn't cool," James said, shaking his head.

"I just wanna know. He seems to be all lovey dovey over there. And don't we all deserve to know the truth-"

"I don't owe you a damn thing, Terrance. But since you asked, I've been clean exactly one year, three months, and two days. Any other bullshit questions you have?" Preston answered as someone whistled lowly.

"It's just... I could've sworn you relapsed the other night. Didn't you have something to drink?" Terrance pushed as Preston squeezed Kayla's hand as hard as possible.

"No, I didn't."

"He didn't. I was with him the whole night," Michael defended.

"Oh... Well, someone at this table has a picture of you taking a shot," he shrugged as Preston looked down at Kayla.

"I swear I didn't-"

"I believe you. What I don't believe is how someone can be so much of a coward that they feel in order to perform well in their first Olympic Games, they have to tear down the front runner. You are here now, Terrance. You don't have to bully people. You do not have to make yourself feel better because you don't know how you'll do on an international stage. So, I will say this once and once only. Leave my man alone. If you don't, well, we'll just have to talk a little bit to the ethics board about your recent jacking off in the facility shower," Kayla shrugged as Terrance's cheeks burned.

"I-I don't-"

"Yeah, you do. I know because when I left my purse yesterday, I went back in and saw you. You went back, and I heard grunting. Either you were jacking off, or you are screwing a member of the coaching staff. Which is it?" she questioned, tilting her head as he froze.

The first was humiliating, but the second, he could lose his job. He was definitely sleeping with the coach's daughter, but he thought they were so careful.

"I uhm..."

"Next question," Kayla nodded as Terrance snapped his mouth shut.

***********

Preston trudged into the room slowly behind Kayla. He'd been doing a lot of thinking since Terrance made that comment, and he was turned on by Kayla defending him as she did. But he was still upset. Someone questioning his sobriety pissed him off more than anything. He hated when someone called it into question because it meant so much to him. Him being sober brought back his son, and the love of his life reunited with him. It meant too much for someone to joke about.

With a huff, he pulled Kayla into his arms as she headed toward the bathroom. She giggled as he pulled her back against him. He kissed her neck three times before setting his head in the crook of her neck.

"Thank you for sticking with me. I know it's hard to trust me with women and drinks and drugs, but you never once questioned me. I love you," he whispered as she covered his hands with hers.

"Well, you have trusted me. And I know you. I believe in your victory. I know you're the man God has planned for me to spend the rest of my life with. Oh, and I love you too much to give up on you," Kayla replied as he took a deep breath.

"You made me feel so better," he sighed.

"What's wrong?" she frowned, turning around in his arms.

"Nothing... I just was scared that you'd believe him, and then you'd leave me. It was like I was reviewing everything in my life. I thought my entire world, you and Brayden, could be snatched in the blink of an eye. It was terrifying. I don't think I've ever felt that way before. When I was a kid, I just thought that if we ever broke up, we'd find our way again, and we did. But this time, if I lose you, I know you're gone for good. I mean, baby, you are literally the best human being I know. You're so kind, sweet, intelligent, gorgeous, selfless, I could go on and on, and because of that, someone will love you. I know you probably could find someone a million times better than me, but... you're still here," he answered.

"Baby, I'll always be here because I always will love you. You have nothing to worry about. I will never find anyone else because I don't want anyone else. You're the best human I know. And I know we're not perfect, and we're still trying to balance everything out, but we are trying. You are trying and that makes me feel like the queen of the world."

"Yeah?" Preston blushed as he rubbed the back of his neck. Kayla held his waist and smiled widely.

"Of course, baby. You will always make me feel that way. You always have. And you are so cute," she giggled as she kissed his lips three times.

"Thanks," he laughed lowly.

"What do you say we just sit here and chill? Just me and you?"

"That's the best idea I've heard all day," he sighed, hugging her body tight. They did have plans to go out again with the team, but after Terrance's comment, Preston just needed to be close to her.

"Come on, baby..."

*********

Kayla woke up and groaned loudly. Preston wasn't there, and told her he was staying overnight at the facility, per his coach's request. It was her last morning in Tokyo and she had to be on a plane in fourteen hours and he wasn't there. With a huff, she sat up slowly and gasped as she looked around the room. The entire room was covered in flowers, teddy bears, and a gigantic breakfast on the table to the right. She couldn't help but smile as she stood from the bed, and walked to the piece of paper that sat on the table.

Good morning, babe. I hate I missed you this morning, but remember that I love you and I always will. I can't wait to see you for our date.

- Pres

With his note in mind and her heart full, Kayla ate her breakfast and sighed in content. She couldn't wait to marry him. As she thought of the wedding, she pulled out her phone and checked her email. Their wedding was in the works already with Carrie and Karen doing majority of the planning. It was sure to be a beautiful, small ceremony. She just hoped they could get there without anymore trouble.

A/N: HEY BOOS!!!! So, this is really more of a filler than anything, but I figured it's been a long time and you guys deserve it! I hope you enjoyed it, and I look forward to y'all reading the next chapter. And that pesky Terrence... He'll be back of course. They never go away. I love y'all and hope y'all enjoyed V-Day! See you soon! (Go back to the last chapter and listen to the song I accidentally attached. Here's another one by William Singe).

~CasuallyMe 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 5.2K 44
Lina was your average high school teenager. She's an honor student with great goals ahead of her. She keeps to herself most of the time, she has a sm...
3.8K 1.1K 20
'...she was enclosed in her own little shell that I felt I needed to open. I was curious to see her real character, how she acted, her flaws, her pee...
357K 8K 39
Haley Jacobs is not your typical teenager. Her once perfect life, long gone. She has gone through hell and back, and is barely hanging on by a thr...
2.8K 77 35
People say when you love something, it's hard to stay away no matter what; it could be a deadly disease and you still won't be able to stay away. Fro...