Demitytes Bride

By ink_on_parchment

[No.6 in Fantasy! - 16 August 2016 ] Kashara was sandwiched between the hard wall and Fallon. "Now listen h... More

Demitytes
Kashara
Kashara revealed
shifting worlds
Groom Ball
Once Upon a Time
Here comes the prince.
Foreboding
Time of our Destiny
The devil wears persuasion
Threll
Jiggling frog bottoms and other dangerous beasts
When the universe conspires against you
Riding off into sunset and other ridiculous romantics
Persephone had it better
I see London. I see France.
The killing perfection that is Fallon
The noble and most ancient house of the Dryadel Aliithor
A very cosy ball
A Sweltering ball
Fine ass buns and Espionage.
Primordial Battle
Nearly did murder, almost asphyxiated, but good talk.
Food appreciation is a deadly hobby
Food Appreciation becomes an acquired taste
Fallon's guardian angel has two left feet.
Judging books by covers
A study in society
To Reign in Hell
The diary of a maid has a chapter on dusting. And espionage. But mostly dusting
A silence that speaks
The God of Deceit
Knocking the devil's door
Perfect
A dramatic Rebellion
Delving Deeper
Destiny
A blast from the past...Or rather an old flame of Fallon's.
A traitorous Uncle.
An Ugly Truth
Home
Presque vu

The mark of a Traitor

1.5K 76 10
By ink_on_parchment

Kashara had a major issue to solve now. She needed food. Desperately. And she had no idea how to get back to her rooms. Also there was this teensy problem of Fallon probably finding her missing for nearly four hours.

So really, the most important thing now was to, ... find some food, with a capital F! Never let it be said that she, Kashara had her priorities wrong. She knew her dinner was probably waiting back for her, pretty cold and bland by now, but there was no way she was going to venture back into the kitchen and get caught by that head chef.

She tried to stumble upon her room, like heroines often did when they were running away from monsters, she had read books after all, but sadly she must be a really bad at this because she could feel like she was just aimlessly wandering around. 'Okay Kashara, you are asking the next person for directions." She told herself, half hoping no one came at all. As you probably realised by now, Kashara wasn't what you would call an extrovert.

It seemed fate liked her particularly, or hated her, because someone did turn into the corridor. Eraiek Tisorne. Kashara's eyes widened and she gave a sigh of relief. "Eraiek!" She called out and waved her hand at him, perhaps a bit too exuberantly. Eraiek stilled, startled, and looked up finally spotting her. He gave an easy smile that would have made many women swoon and walked over to her.

"Kashara? What are you doing here so late?" He peered at her. She could find a trace of suspicion in his eyes but they soon disappeared. "Oh, I was hungry and tried to look for the kitchen, but I got lost." She said sheepishly. She didn't want to reveal anything now when she was still confused. Her end game was to get back, and it was highly likely Eraiek wouldn't help her, if he had to go against his nephew.

Kashara knew she had to hold her cards close to her heart, for now. Till she found out who would actually help her. She had to learn of the history between Eraiek and Fallon, and why Fallon hated Eraiek so much.

They were now walking along in silence, while Eraiek kept glancing at her every few minutes. She opened her mouth to break the silence. "So,...Done any baking lately?" She asked, cringing at how weird that sounded.

"You really liked my buns huh?" Eraiek teased and Kashara fought the ridiculous blush that started to rise. It appeared Eraiek had no idea of his innuendo as he stared at her in mild confusion. She shook herself and replied, " Umm, erhmhmm, yes, they were really good. Really, erhm good..." A slow smirk formed on Eraiek's face and he asked, " Yeah, glad you liked it, and by chance did you like the buns you ate too?

Kasahra spluttered and choked on her own saliva. "What?!" She whirled around to face Eraiek who had his hands in the air, and teasing smile on his face. " Just kidding. Relax..." He said calmly. Kashara huffed at him then turned back.

"So, how are you liking Demitytes so far?" He asked.

"It's...interesting." She finally said, wondering if to offend or not.

"Come on, tell me the truth. I can see it that you want to go home." He said.

Kashara took a deep breath in. Was it possible? " Yes. Of course I want to go home." She replied. She could feel her voice shake.

"But?" He prompted.

"There is no but!" She replied immediately, scandalised. However a tiny voice inside her spoke softly. But Fallon...that kiss...Kashara immediately quelled the dangerous line of thought.

"Is it something to do with Fallon?" Eraiek asked intuitively and helpfully. "Not helpfully!" Kashara scowled to herself but pounced on the topic to her advantage. "Fallon, is well, Fallon... Why does he hate you so much anyway?"

"A misunderstanding of sorts." He said softly.

"He blamed you for his parents' death. It didn't sound like a small misunderstanding." She prodded.

He gave a heavy sigh and spoke. " It was my fault I suppose. I should have saved the lives of his parents with my life. I think there were spies in our army helping the rebellion at that time. It was too late when I got back, and I was terrified at the thought of finding Fallon in a pool of blood in his room. Thankfully, he had slipped off, as usual," A faint reminiscent smile graced Eraiek's face at that point, " and I found him in the nick of time. "

"With the might of the army, the rebellion was defeated, however we couldn't bring back the dead. Fallon came to rule in a very harsh environment. Rebel supporters were very strong and there was unrest everywhere because of the black day. It was mayhem. But he made sense of it. He completely obliterated the rebellion at the age of fourteen."

Eraiek gave her a calculative side glance now. " I know, sometimes Fallon might seem harsh and cruel. He doesn't know how to be any other way. Demitytes is still in a temptest, and the weak get swept away. The court of Demitytes was, is an unforgiving jungle, and it is the survival of the fittest here. If anyone can change him, it will be you Kashara."

Kashara tried to stop her cheeks from heating up, "I didn't think he needed changing..." She said slyly.

Eraiek stopped and gave her a glance. " Admirable sentiments, really, but let's not fool ourselves. Fallon has always been a little too,..." He searched for a word.

"Blood thirsty, rabid, obsessed? " Kashara offered helpfully, feeling that they were an understatement.

"...zealous. Zealous with his tactics. " Eraiek repeated firmly. "He can go a bit overboard, but I can tell there his a difference in him with you around."

"Umm, you mean, he's definitely more bloodthirsty I guess...' She scoffed.

"No. Take it from someone who has definitely seen bloodthirst. He gives you exclusive privileges no other being in this planet has."

"Like what? The totally awesome privilege of being graced with His Highness's inflated ego and big head. "

"You laugh really, but I have seen Fallon cut off one of his,...err lovers head because she called him ' Fallonie '. "

She refused to react to the news that he had lovers. "You may be right, but I'm only alive because he needs me alive to save Demitytes. If not, I would probably have become cosmic dust a long time ago."

"You are fooling yourself Kashara. Are you telling me, he tolerates all your ... erm tolerates you because of that? If it were anyone else, they wouldn't be standing to apologise to him. And he just smirks at you when you do. He once burnt a Byserladian Princess to crisp because she told him she'll allow him in her royal presence. She wasn't very present after that."

"Okay, first of all...how creepy is it that you stalk me and Fallon and can tell what kind of expressions he has. And secondly what is this Byserladian...and was she insane?"

"OH no, I don't stalk. Both of you are obvious enough. And, anyway, Byserladia is a planet that is in the Scorpius Galaxy. There was a trade convention between our planets, and Fallon was welcoming the visitors. The princess was some pampered royal stuck up who went home in a chamberpot. He risked the safety of his planet and nearly started a war, but he didn't give a damn. Trust me Kashara, if he wanted you dead, nothing will stop him."

"Oh Artemis!! Can you consider giving me history lesson instead of Lintenberg? I don't know how he does it, but he makes even space battles sound boring. That man has the gift of gab in the negative spectrum." Kashara laughed.

"Sorry Kashara, I can't touch books. They are my mortal enemy. There is a reason I became the General you know. All brawn no brain, makes Jack a handsome and awesome man you know..."

"I'm sure. And this Jack, he was called Eraiek too wasn't he?" Kashara teased.

"Yes! How did you know! " Eraiek fake-exclaimed. opening his mouth in a big "o".

As Kashara laughed at his antics, she wondered why his uncle had not rubbed off onto Fallon more. She was not afraid he would waiting for her back in her room, because it was very late and Fallon had no reason to be checking on her this late anyway. He probably didn't even realise I had been kidnapped. She thought bitterly then paused, "Wait...What! Why am I bitter. I don't care!" She told herself firmly and strolled along beside Eraiek who had fallen back into a companionable silence.

She stole a glance at him again. He was really a great character. It was obvious he cared very much for Fallon, trying to make her give him a chance. A chance to do what? He still seemed to blame himself for Fallon's parent's dying, even though it wasn't really his fault. Before she came here, she wouldn't have thought people like him lived in Demitytes. It had been Erth's archnemisis.

However, it was only after coming here did she realise there were people like him here too. She would have dismissed all Demitytans as evil or bad. But that wasn't the case. They were just normal. They were human. Even Lintenberg, though he was a bit over obsessed with Fallon.

She knew Eraiek would like to hear how he had changed her perception, so she opened her mouth.

And she stopped. Stunned. There, just below the sleeve of his shirt. There was a mark. A black line that curved and swirled and seemed to travel up. It was very familiar. A tattoo. The tattoo she had just seen on the man who kidnapped her

The tattoo of the White Lotus rebellion. Eraiek had the tattoo of the White Lotus.

They were at her door already. She smoothly slid through the door not really paying attention to what he was saying. She waved absentmindedly, her mind whirring inside. Was Eraiek a rebellion spy?

Was this why Fallon told her to be careful of him? Did Fallon know? What in the Hades was going on here? She nearly stumbled into the vase table as she entered her bedroom, still extremely puzzled at the new complication. Rebels or Fallon. Whom to trust?

" I thought I told you to stay away from him." A cold and furious voice startled her. She jumped slightly and turned to look at Fallon, her eyes wide like a deer caught in headlights. Should I tell him about Eraiek? She pondered, but decided not to. This was worth more investigation and she couldn't say anything till she was completely sure. Eraiek was as good as dead if she opened her mouth.

"I...I was lost and he brought me back." She said finally.

"I see. And I suppose you got lost out off the grid of the castle for nearly four hours with him." He spat his words out.

"What do you mean grid?"

"It's a surveillance technology that tracks people. And guess what, both of you were missing!" He chewed out.

"I just met him! Your grid need a check up okay!" She couldn't tell him about being kidnapped as well because he had promised to give her back more magic before the rebels supposedly kidnapped her the day after. He had said she might need it. If he knew that they already kidnapped her, he might not give her magic back, and that was not an option.

"Where were you for four hours?" He asked coldly.

Her mind whirled. Every part of the castle was bound to be under surveillance, could she bluff? Yes! The low tech debilitated part of the castle she had passed through while being kidnapped. The workers part of the castle. It looked very ancient and probably didn't have surveillance.

"I don't know, I was just wandering and I ended up in this old, shabby part of the castle with a lot of shady people. I couldn't find the way back, and happened upon Eraiek."

Fallon's eyes gleamed dangerously and she knew she had said the wrong thing. What did she say? "Eraiek...Is it?" He asked in this silky voice that sounded like snake's whisper just before it struck. He stepped closer, and Kashara sank down onto the bed shakily.

"If I ever his name fall from your lips so familiarly, his name will be the only thing remaining." He said darkly.

"He's your uncle!" Kashara exclaimed hotly, scandalised and terrified. What was he so riled up about?

"He's the reason my parent's are dead. He's only the General because it was my mother's only wish while alive. He betrayed them and I will get rid of him if I have even the tiniest excuse. He's a traitor!"

"Ye..." She mumbled and suddenly yawned.You don't know how right you are. She thought as she felt her eyes closing on their own, really tired, hunger forgotten. Fallon stood there staring at the girl who had practically fallen asleep mid speech. He clenched his fist tightly once as if struggling internally and bent over her, before hurriedly changing his mind and slipped out of the room.

_____________________________________

Weeeewoooooo. Was that not punctual or what? Exactly two weeks. Phew. Love you guys!! Can you believe we went up to 22 in Fantasy? I feel like I'm in some fantasy novel. HAHAHAHa I never thought it would become this popular when i first started it at 16 years old. It's been nearly fours years and some uber long breaks, but we are here and really thank you. Thank you for reading, voting and commenting on this story.

Tom: hey look loki, birds of a feather flock together.

Loki: What?!! Excuse me. You are the bird. Of the dodo genetic variety.

Tom: Traitor, Traitor, pants on fire. What help will your ice be then?

Loki: Look, first of all, that doesn't even rhyme. Secondly, it's not supposed to be literal. 

Tom: Can you hear anything? Oh wait. I can hear the sound of traitors, traitoring.

Loki: Dude, what...

Tom: HaHA. You are the traitor!  You are the traitor!

Loki: Are you sure he's a super villain and not super brain damaged. I mean, all villains have to be psychotic to some degree, but not freaking insane.

Tom: Hello, atleast I tried to rule Britain . Look at you, Mister- I will destroy earth and rule over the humans, but first I will kill all of them. 

Loki: It was a elaborate battle plan, the intricacies of which will escape your dodo sized brain.

Tom: What was it stark said... oh yeah, "not a great plan!".

Loki: Urgh. Whatever. I am going back to Asgard. I can only suffer so much of your infernal company every once in a while.

Tom: Yes, run away. Coward.

Ink: Umm run away too Tom.

Tom: What! Why?!

Ink: Bye! 

Tom: :(

That's it people for now people.

love

inkonparchment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156 16 12
6 best friends find out that they are the long lost heirs to the six elemental kingdoms: fire, air, earth, water, lightning, and space. Long ago, the...
247 13 11
Character Description and Aesthetic Contest prompts: •Fantasy: In a kingdom of elemental magic, you gain the ability to control all four elements...
145K 8.2K 47
Aerasume is from a small primitive village on the planet Fleekopolis. Many fled there after the fall of Earth. She's simple, humble and sweet but her...
992 8 107
{{CURRENTLY UNDERGOING EDITING}} A kingdom across the sea, a man in pain clawing at a hated king who bears two shadows who protect him. A child, born...