In My Eyes

By WritingAvengerA113

BOOK 2 OF THE JESSI STARK SERIES. "Life is tough my darling, but so are you" What's next in her life as the... More

Ch•1- If only You would Listen
Ch•2- Foreign
Ch•3- Don't let Go
Ch•4- The Worm Hole
Ch•5- Holiday greeting
Ch•6- A Missile
Ch•7- Pompeii
NOT AN UPDATE
Ch•9- Destined to be Alone
Ch•10- Not Menacing Enough?
Ch•11- Jokes
Ch•12- Back Stabbing
Ch•13- A Maniac
Ch•14- Like a Monster
Ch•15- It's not my Fault
Ch•16- Rubble
Ch•17- Strange
Ch•18- Paris
Ch•19- End Credit Scene
Ch•20- Just you
Ch•1- The Carnival
Ch•2- Blueish
Ch•3- Overly Calm
Ch•4- Strings
Ch•6- Good old days
Ch•7- Mindless Killing Machine
Ch•8- Not my Place
Ch•9- Multiplying
Ch•10- Common Sense
Ch•11- I am.
Ch•12- My Purpose
Ch•13- You can do all Things
Ch•14- Shining Armor
Ch•15- Together
Ch•16- Bye
Ch•17- Never Ending
Ch•18- Change
Ch•19- Connected
Ch•20- Imminent
Civil War: Ch•1- Tarzan & Jane
Ch•2- Reality
Ch•3- Murals
Ch•4- September
Ch•5- Vigilante
Ch•6- Put in Check
Ch•7- Fall Apart
Ch•8- The Prince
Ch•9- Bucky Barnes
Ch•10- Framed
Ch•11- Accidents
Ch•12- The Gem
Ch•14- Spiderling
Ch•15- Strong Enough
Ch•16- United We Stand
Ch•17- Divided we Fall
Ch•18- The Greatest Failure
Ch•19- A Dark Shadow
Ch•20- Graces
Ch•21- Cool tricks
Ch•22- Stormtroopers
Ch•23- Blue
Ch•24- 1991
Ch•25- Snow
Ch•26- The Mountain
Ch•27- Forever
Ch•28- End Credit Scene.
:)
The Disappearence of Jessica Stark

Ch•5- The Endgame

14.3K 450 152
By WritingAvengerA113

I sat with a massive headache in the lab later that night. None of us still had actually processed what had happened. Rhodey paced back and fourth, clutching his injured arm. Banner stood in shock at his lifeless computer, there was nothing left in it.

"All our work is gone" Bruce breathed, shaking his head from side to side "Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch" I was sitting next to Dad with an ice pack on my shoulder, and the right side of my upper lip was twitching. I noticed that it twitches whenever I'm stressed.

"He's been in everything" Nat crossed her arms over her chest. She changed out her dress into a grey jacket and yoga pants "Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other"

"He's in your files, he's in the Internet" Rhodey continued to pace the room "What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" He asked all of us.

"Nuke codes" I suggested one of the hundreds of possibilities. He could gather so much more.

"Nuclear codes" Rhodey repeated, making his statement "Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can"

"Nukes?" Nat asked "He said he wanted us dead"

"He didn't say "dead." He said "extinct." Cap corrected, repeating what Ultron had said.

"He also said he killed somebody" Clint spoke out.

Maria sat on one of the chairs, picking glass out of her foot "There wasn't anyone else in the building" she looked up from her foot.

"Yes, there was" Dad picked up his phone and walked to the center of the room. He stood and tapped his phone screen. A mess of holograms appeared in front of him. It was all torn up and scattered.

I blinked in shock, removing the ice pack from my shoulder "Jarvis..." I breathed. He took our Jarvis.

Bruce stood near the holographic mess with his elbows bent slightly with his hands up on his chest. Confusion filled his face "This is insane"

"Jarvis was the first line of defense" Steve leaned against the table with his arms crossed, he stared down at the floor as he spoke "He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense"

"No. Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is... rage" Just as Bruce finished, a very angry Demi-God stormed in to the lab like he was about to start a fight. I watched him as he stomped up to my Father and took him by the neck. He held his body up a couple feet in the air. I know Thor, I know he wasn't trying to kill him, maybe just trying to knock some sense in to him.

"Rage" I nodded, referencing to what Bruce had just said "It's going around" Don't get me wrong guys, I love my Father, but it's his fault that this is happening. He needs a good smack in the face... or choke.

"Come on, use your words, buddy" Dad tried to calm down Thor.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark" Thor spoke in a low, angry tone and stared daggers at my Father who was being held in the air.

"Thor" I called, gaining his attention "The Legionnaire that got away" I reminded him "Where is it?" I was referring to the one who flew out of the window with the Scepter. I tried to get it back but we all know how that ended.

"Trail went cold about 100 miles out" Thor released Dad from his grip "but it's headed north. And it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again" he glared at the billionaire.

"Genie's out of that bottle" Nat nodded her head up "Clear and present is Ultron"

"I don't understand" Doctor Cho, who I almost forgot was here, whispered quietly from the corner of the room. She was standing by a demolished Iron Legion suit that was lying on the table "You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?"

Dad, for some strange reason, decided that it would be a good time to laugh. He chuckled to himself, but everyone heard. I squinted at him through my glasses, not understanding how he could laugh at a time like this.

"You think this is funny?" Thor asked angrily. He was getting more heated by the minute.

"No. It's probably not, right?" Dad looked around the group.

"It's really not" I shook my head, shifting the ice pack on my arm.

"This is very terrible?" Dad said almost as if it was a question "Is it so... Is it so... It is. It's so terrible?"

Thor took a step towards Dad. Rhodey almost jumped in between them but he stayed back "This could have been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand"

"No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny" Dad snapped "It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this"

"Tony" Bruce warned from behind him "maybe this might not be the time"

"Really? That's it? You just roll over, show your belly every time somebody snarls?"

"Only when I've created a murder bot" Bruce fired back at Dad.

"We didn't" Dad glared at him.

"Well Dad" I shook my head slowly from side to side "it murdered Jarvis"

I extended my hand to the dismantled holographic A.I. I was so irritated with him right now, it's not even funny. I wish Thor would choke him again "So uh... yea, you did"

"We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?" Dad asked.

"Well, you did something right" Steve unfolded his arms from his chest and walked across the lab towards Dad "And you did it right here. The Avengers were supposed to be different than S.H.I.E.L.D"

"Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?" Dad raised his eyebrow, and also raised his voice as he asked the question.

"No, it's never come up"  Rhodey shook his head.

"Saved New York?"

"Never heard that"

"Recall that?" Dad leaned against the table "A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing 300 feet below it" he pointed to the ceiling "We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the livelong day, but... that up there, that's... that's the endgame. How were you guys planning on beating that?"

Steve didn't skip a beat as he answered "Together"

"We'll lose" Dad looked to Steve.

"Then we'll do that together, too"
Steve really sounded like a Captain in that moment (even though he was). I automatically felt a sense of relief. Knowing that he was here always made me feel safer "Thor's right. Ultron's calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The world's a big place. Let's start making it smaller"

***

"Deleted, Deleted, Deleted" I searched through every file involving Ultron, but everything was gone. Ultron erased everything. I was growing anxious to try and find a file that was intact. "Everything was gone, deleted... has Hilary Clinton been here?"

I was sitting in my room at the computer, using all of  my skills to try and find this guy. "Jarvis?" I asked "can you-" I stopped myself, suddenly feeling depressed "ugh!" I leaned back in my seat and hung my head back. Jarvis is gone as well. A light knock sounded from my bedroom door. I glanced up from the computer screen to the sliding door "oh, uh, yes?" I called with little interest of who it is.

"May I come in?" A low voice asked from the door which was cracked open. It was 4 in the morning and I had not slept at all. The sun was just about to peak over the horizon of the city.

I could see Steve's blue eyes from the little light shedding from my screen.

"Sure" I slid the holographic computer keypad away and it disappeared "What are you doing up?"

Steve smile softly and entered the room, closing the door as quietly as he could "I was about to ask you the same thing"

I removed my glasses and rubbed my tired eyes "This isn't working Steve. I can't do anything right. Ultron is out there and I can't find him, I can't find him, I can't find your friend Bucky. Nothing is working!" I pushed away from the desk and stood up from the chair.

"It's not your fault Jes, with this, and Bucky, in fact, don't worry about him. You've done enough and I'm glad you've help me. But this thing with Ultron, trust me, you haven't done a thing"

"I should have found out about Dad's little Ultron project before it got this far. I should have stopped this, I could have... but I-"

Steve lowered his eyes to the floor "but you were busy helping me in finding Bucky"

"I got distracted" I rephrased it "but, yea. I don't regret helping you Steve" I sat down on the edge of my bed "I know how much Bucky means to you. If I had found out that my best friend from seventy years ago was still out there, I'd be doing the exact same thing"

"How about we focus on Ultron right now, he seams to be our main concern" Cap suggested, pressing his back to the wall and he crossed his arms over his muscular chest.

"You'd think that since he's everywhere that it would be easy to catch him"

"We'll find him" Steve assured "he can't hide forever"

"He's not exactly hiding" I raised an eyebrow.

"You look tired"

"I feel tired"

Steve dropped his arms to his aides and headed for the door "you get some sleep Jessi. You need it. We'll wake you if anything comes up"

"Okay" I nodded, crawling under the covered as Steve shut the door, separating me from the rest of the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 491 73
Book 1 of 3 (Book 2- The Saviour- is out) Y/N Stark is not an ordinary kid; she was orphaned. She struggled at living and always found it hard to tru...
150K 3.4K 44
In which Abigail James-Stark is placed in the care of her long-lost father and her life is turned upside down. [Marvel Avengers] [Book One of the Iro...
5.3K 156 19
"I am not that little girl anymore!" Emma Stark had been a secret since the moment she took her first breath. At first it was cool to be the hidden d...
2.1M 63.9K 25
"You can't be my kid, I've got way too many responsibilities." Tony crossed his arms and stood his ground. This wasn't just an argument over chocolat...