Sacred Ties

By phoebeliciou

There first meeting wasn't great. One was called rude and the other thought he was childish. More than one en... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Epilogue
Thank You

Chapter Twenty-Two

4.3K 274 57
By phoebeliciou

Cemil's POV

"What is this you are saying Jonathan?" I yelled at him.

How dare he? How dare he suggested such a thing to me? Who did he thought he was?

"You heard me CJ. You'll have to be indoors until we do the mating ceremony. It is for your safety and our tradition." He said carelessly. The least he could have done was asking me nicely but no. He decided ordering me to stay inside the house for two weeks is the best. If he thought I'd just say yes to it then he has another thing coming.

"No. I will never do that. I have a job to go to. I'll be fine. No need for unnecessary protections."

"Don't be so stubborn Cemil. You will do as I say or else-"

"Or else what?

"Don't push me!" He threatened with a growl.

I took a step away from him, not wanting to stay closer to a growling Jonathan. He looked at me with angry eyes and I knew he was minute away from hitting me. But he would never do such a thing. I stayed silent not wanting to try my luck with him. He turned around and stomped out the door.

I slumped on the floor and started sobbing. Things haven't been easy with Jonathan. He is a very close minded difficult person. He could have told me about their tradition in details and not just do things on his own and order me around. He didn't even tell me that I'll have to move in with him until this morning when he came to pick me up. Shouldn't I be knowing these things so that I understand what is expected of me?

"Hello."

I looked up, startled at hearing unfamiliar voice in the room that Jonathan prepared to be mine as I'll be living in their family house. A young man stood by the door with a smile on his face which turned into a frown when he saw me. I quickly wiped my face dry and stood up from the ground.

"What is wrong? Why are you crying? Did uncle J make you cry?" He asked so many questions that I didn't know what to say for a while.

"Who are you?" I asked instead of answering him.

"Oh I'm sorry, I should have introduced myself first before all that." He said shyly. "I'm Benjamin, but you can call me Benja. Jonathan is my uncle but I prefer uncle J. I'm not a hybrid, I'm a werewolf omega. I went to medical school and got my degree. I'm not a doctor though, I prefer teaching in highschool but I can help people when they need me as a doctor. I don't live with the family though. I live alone in another state while teaching in a highschool there. I came here because I heard that my favorite uncle has a mate now. I was told you are living here so I rushed here at once only to find you crying. Did my uncle do something to hurt you?" The young man, Benja, rumbled. Thankfully I managed to keep up with his rumbling and when he asked the question, I shook my head.

"No he didn't. I was just-"

"I'm good at dictating lies. I'm called a lie detector in my family. Now please tell me what my uncle did, if you don't mind sharing that is." Benja said and I scoffed. This man was really something.

"If you insist on knowing, well, your uncle just told me that I have to stay in this house for two weeks. He says it's your tradition or something." I told him and he smiled. I didn't even know what was amusing him.

"I'm sorry about my uncle's behavior. Uncle only does that when he feels threatened by something. You are very good looking, so I know why he is acting like that. He doesn't want anyone claiming you before the mating ceremony thus telling you to be locked up in the house. Yes there is such a tradition but it does not mean you should not go anywhere. You can go to places with an escort, just to make sure you are safe. He's your mate, he gets worried about you and I don't know how he thought keeping you inside would keep you safe, he's just threatened I guess."

I sighed knowing what this was about. It probably had something to do with Zach. If what Benja said is true, then he might feel threatened with my x boyfriend. I felt bad and wanted to find Jonathan and tell him that he shouldn't worry about my relationship with Zach but even myself, I wasn't sure about that. I couldn't assure my mate on something that I felt was a lie. Maybe it was better for me to stay here.

"Oh. Okay. I'll just stay here if me going around would make him uneasy." I told him then sat on the bed.

"It won't be bad. I'll be with you at all times." Benja smiles and I smile at him too.

Me and Jonathan have been trying to work out our relationship for the better ever since Roman and Kenneth left, a week ago. With him being a hybrid and the history that comes with that name, it hasn't been easy. Kenneth told me that Roman left yesterday to the Luna gathering. I'll probably meet him when he comes back from there.

"I see you haven't settled down yet. I'll help you unload your clothes in the cases and you and me will work on making this room to be comfortable in your liking." Benja said happily, making his way to the suitcases that I brought with me. I didn't pack to my liking since I didn't know I'd be coming here. I just threw in whatever my hand got hold of. I joined Benja, opening the suitcases to unload my staff.

Benja is a nice person to be with and I enjoyed the rest of the morning, forgetting all about me and Jonathan's argument in the morning. He told me about his life and mostly his time spent at the highschool that he teaches. I don't think he noticed it but he kept talking about this one student, Sanjay. Mostly it was him complaining about how much the student got soon his nerve. Sometime he would praise him on something that he did. In my opinion, I thought this guy did not only irritate him but got on his mind as well.

"Let's go have lunch. It's lunch time already and I don't want to starve uncle J's mate." Benja grabbed my hand and pull me out of the room. We didn't get to dinner room right away because I mentioned that I had not been shown around the house, so Benja took me around and showed me everywhere that I was supposed to know about.

"And this is the dining room. It's my second best place in the house- your phone is ringing." He told me and I checked my phone to see who was calling.

"Give me a sec, my brother is calling me. I will join you soon."

"Okay. Hurry up."

I walked away and then answered Roman's call. It had been a week since we last talked. I was happy to hear from him.

"How are things there?" I asked him.

"All good. Me want to ask if you mate with Jonathan already."

To say I wasn't taken aback by his blunt question would be lying. I didn't know why he would ask that of me.

"No.....no I haven't. Why are you asking?"

"Oh nothing. Just curious."

"Alright Roman. I'll be having my mating ceremony in two weeks. You will be back by then. I haven't done anything with Jonathan other than kisses." I assured him and he said he would be the one to put makeup on me. No thank you Roma, I didn't want to look like a ghost on my ceremony.

I ended the call and joined Benja in the dining room. It wasn't just us too though; the eldest of the brothers was there as well. I said my greetings and then proceeded to eat. It was a silent room except for the spoon scraping on the plate. Benja and I stood up to leave the room when we finished eating but we were stopped by the eldest brother, Joel's, voice.

"You didn't tell me you were coming." He said.

"I don't have to tell you everything father. And I came to see uncle J's mate so I didn't think it was necessary to tell you about it." Benja answered before I could. I didn't know who Joel was asking but now I knew it wasn't for me so I stayed quiet.

"You should have told me you were coming so that I should-"

"Don't worry about me father. I'll stay out of your sight if that's what you want to say. Like I said before, I only came here because I wanted to see uncle's mate." Benja grumbled and I could only look between the two. I know he said Jonathan was his uncle but I didn't know Joel was the father. And by the way things were at the moment, I knew they didn't have a good father and son relationship.

"Good. I'm glad you understand me. You can leave." Joel said.

Benja pulled me out of the room and back to my room. He stayed silent, which was really strange since the man had been talking nonstop earlier, and I didn't say anything to him just in case he needed the silence.

I stood by the open window in my room and watched the darkening crowds. It would be raining anytime now. I wondered where Jonathan was and what he was doing at the moment.

"You think a lot. Give it a break and come with me." Benja pulled me out of my room again. He sure had a thing with pulling and I had a feeling I'd be pulled a lot in these two weeks.

He led me to his room and switched on his radio. He started looking for a song to play and when he found it, he started singing and dancing.

"Forget about tomorrow, live in today
Tomorrow will be fine so don't let your worries
Take away the beauty of today
Just bask in the sun and dance in the rain
Oh oh oh oh, I'll dance in the rain
I'll dance in the rain
Oh yeah, oh oh oh oh, I'll dance in the rain
I'll dance in the rain." Benja sang to me happily and I smiled. The song was really lovely and I enjoyed it.

I looked out the window and saw it had started raining. I held Benja's hand in mine and run out of the room and house. He gasped when we dived in the falling cold water but then started laughing. He kept singing and together we danced in the rain. I wasn't sure how long we were in the rain but when cars started coming in, Benja grabbed my hand and run inside the house with me.

"Oh gosh! Dry yourself up really fast. Uncle will yell at me for letting you in the rain." He gasped, breathing heavy due to the running and dancing.

He left me in my room and I rushed in the bathroom for a hot shower. When I came out, I found Jonathan on the bed. He was doing something on his phone but he pocketed it when he saw me.

"Hi." I greeted with a smile while drying my hair. I had a robe on and nothing else.

"Hey...uh, how have you been?" He murmured.

"I've been good. How was work?"

"It was good. I missed you so I came back early. I didn't like leaving after the argument in the morning. I'm sorry I just-"

"Don't worry about it. I'll stay here for the two weeks. I'm sorry for arguing with you in the morning. Benja promised to keep me company so I don't mind staying indoors for two weeks." I told him with a smile.

"Benja is here?"

"Yeah he's here. He is a good person to be around with."

"Yeah my nephew is a good person. But baby, I changed my mind. You can go around only if you agree to have a guard with you at all times. You know I'm just worried and I-"

"No need to explain yourself. I understand. If I want to go out, I'll have a guard with me. I promise." I smiled and he walked to me and kissed me. I kissed him back and only pulled away when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I shouted and a smiling Benja walked in.

"Uncle J." He jumped on my mate and hang on him like a small child. "I miss you."

"I call you almost every night." Jonathan scoffed. "Come now. CJ needs to get dressed."

I watched as Jonathan carried his nephew out of the room to give me some privacy. I smiled and started looking for clothes to wear. I couldn't wait to join my mate and his nephew.

-----------------------------------------

Vote, Fan & Comment!!

(Song above is Dance in the rain by 2face)

Until Next Time!!!!

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 158 11
Book 5 - Fire Series Must read Fire of Redemption first or this book will contain major spoilers, if you don't mind that. . . Then feel free to emoti...
416K 21.9K 77
"Who are we? Well for starters, this is my prince, my heart, the love of my undead life." "And this is Kai, my guard." ** Despite their lethal bites...
182K 7.1K 36
Caleb is your everyday dorky 19 year werewolf. He's the youngest omega of the pack but everyone loves him. Caleb lost his parents when he was 9 due t...
276K 4.2K 5
Book 1 of the You Series. Leo Johnson has been a good boy since the day he was born. He always did what he was told and got the best grades in school...