Adopted By Niall Horan

By Nuts_4_Niall_

A young girl named Ashley Jennings finally gets adopted by someone unexpected. Niall Horan! It's very differe... More

Wake Up Call
New house. New people. New life.
Metting More
Game Night
Arguements
The Date
Sister
Hawaii
Derick!
A/N
Pool time and breakup.
New boyfriend
A/N (Question)
Picture day with a twist
Crazy Day
What the! Why are you here!
Getting married and moving in!
Sleepover!
Little time with dad
A/N (Why have I been gone so long?)
I'm pregnet?
Photoshoot?
Party
Fight With A Fan?
Breakup Again?
Christmas Decorating Can Be Fun
A/N (Important Question)
Day With Emma
Party Gone Wrong
A/N (New book?)
School Sucks
Together
Metting Them On Valentines Day
Late Night With Luke
Great day turns to tragedy
Good Girls Are Bad Girls And Haven't Been Caught
Interveiw
Saying Goodbye and Hello
Prom
Paparazzi
Graduation
Moving Out
Day With Emma Or Not
New York
Dinner
Engaged
Wedding

Real Parents?

142 7 0
By Nuts_4_Niall_

*Derick's P.O.V*

I woke up and went downstairs. I saw Ashley and Emma watching Frozen. I opened my mouth to say hi then suddenly was interrupted by the two girls.

"LET IT GO! LET IT GO!" They both screamed. I walked over to them and sat down.

"Hi Derick!" Emma smiled.

"Hi Emma. What are you two doing?"

"Watching Frozen. Can you watch with us?"

"Sure." I smiled. I put my arm around Ashley and held Emma's hand.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Can we get some frozen yogurt?" Emma asked when the movie ended. I looked at Ashley.

"Yeah. Let's go." She said grabbing Emma's hand. We walked out the door and got in my car. We drove to the frozen yogurt shop while Emma and Ashley sang the songs that were on the radio.

"We're here." I said.

"Yay!" Emma screamed. We got out and started walking in. I looked over and saw a few flashes. I grabbed their hands and walked faster into the shop. Ever since what happened yesterday people haven't stopped talking about Ashley. We walked in and got our frozen yogurt. Some employees walked over to the doors and locked them we thanked them as we sat down. We all ate and looked out the glass doors in the front.

"Do you guys have a back door?" I asked looking at Ashley who really didn't want to be near them.

"Yeah." One of the employees said.

"Can they go out in the back while I pull up?"

"Sure." We all got up and Ashley and Emma went in the back while I walked out of the shop. I got in my car and drove to the back of the shop, Ashley and Emma got in the car and we drove off.

"Thanks." Ashley said.

"What did I do?"

"You got me away from the paparazzi. I probably would have punched one of them if you didn't."

"Well you're my girlfriend." I kissed her and she smiled.

"Ew." Emma said from the back.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Ashley?" Niall called from downstairs.

"Yeah?" She yelled back.

"Come here. There's someone here I want you to meet." We all got up and went downstairs. We sat on the couch and there were two people sitting across from us.

"Who are they?" Ashley asked Niall.

"These are your parents." Both of our eye widened and I picked Emma up. I brought her into her room and sat here down on here bed.

"Why did you bring me in here?" She asked.

"Because your sister is going to say some mean things. I'm gonna go calm her down. Why don't you stay in here and I'll put Monsters Inc. on the tv?"

"Ok!" She smiled. I smiled back and put the disc in the DVD player. The movie started playing and I walked out the room. I sat down next to Ashley who was still in shock.

"Say something Ashley." Niall said.

"Why are they here?"

"They called and I invited them over."

"Why?"

"Ashley be nice."

"How?" She asked trying to stay calm, she broke.

"How am I supposed to stay calm? My dad beat me when he was drunk which basically meant he beat me all the time. And you know what my mom did? Nothing! She did nothing! She just sat there and walked away. How am I supposed to be nice to these assholes?" She screamed.

"Ashley-" The lady started.

"Don't talk. Don't talk to me or my sister. Niall why did you invite them after you knew all of this?"

"I just wanted to give them a chance."

"They don't get a chance. They had their chance when they had me. I don't ever want to see your faces ever again. Get the hell out of my house!" She screamed at them again. She started crying. She put her face in my chest and we got up. We started going upstairs.

"No. I don't want them talking to Emma." Ashley said going back downstairs. I followed and we walked into Emma's room.

"Why are you crying?" She asked Ashley.

"It's nothing sweetie."

"Want some popcorn?" I asked. They nodded and I walked out of the room. I went into the kitchen and made some popcorn. I walked back and saw the door open. I walked in and the lady was there trying to talk to Ashley.

"Ashley please?"

"No, get out."

"Ashley just this one conversation then we'll leave?"

"I said get out!"

"I'm begging you Ashley. I won't say anything if you don't want me to. Just say what you need to say and we'll go." Ashley glared at her wondering why she haven't left yet then at me. I walked over and handed Emma the popcorn.

"Just get it over with." I whispered to her. She nodded and got up.

"If you need me I'll stay in the kitchen incase some punching is about to happen." I smiled.

"It probably will." We walked out and Ashley sat down. 

"I know there is more you want to say. Just say it." The lady said.

"Ok. You two are horrible people to think you can just come and it'll all be fine. Did you really think I was just going to forget all of this shit you put me through and be all happy that you're here?"

"No sweetie."

"Don't call me that. Don't even call me your daughter. You're not my parents. You're not Emma's parents either. She doesn't even realize that she has parents besides Niall and I want to keep it that way."

"I'm sorry."

"Do you realize how hard it was for me? I started my period when I was eleven. You don't know how embarrassing it was to knock door to door until a teenage girl opened the door and I had to ask what to do. I didn't have a mom to help me. I had a random teenage girl. I had to work for a year and a half doing chores around the orphanage to get enough money to get a phone."

"I didn't think how hard it was for you. I'm sorry."

"You should be. Now, I think that was a good enough conversation. You can get out of my house now." She walked back into Emma's room and I followed.

"At least I didn't punch anyone." She said turning around and locking the door. We sat on the bed and watched the movie. There was a knock at the door. Ashley got up and opened the door.

"What do you want?" She snapped.

"I'm sorry I invited them." I heard Niall say.

"I don't want to talk to you right now."

"I'll leave you alone. I'm sorry." She closed the door and turned around. She sat down on the floor and looked down. I got up and sat down next to her.

"Are you ok?" I asked grabbing her hand.

"I can't take this. Between the paparazzi and those assholes and Niall. Then there's school at the same time. I'm still a teenager. I just want to be normal. I've never had a normal life. I hate this. I'm sorry Derick. I don't want to act like a brat."

"You're not. You're amazing. Just think, if your life was normal we never would have met. I never would have had an amazing prom night." I teased. She smiled.

"Shut up. I love you."

"I love you too." We kissed and she pressed me against the ground.

"CHILD IN THE ROOM!" Emma screamed. We both smiled and pushed back.

"Sorry Emma." We said in unison.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The movie ended and Emma was asleep. We walked out and went into the kitchen.

"I want food." She said.

"Well make food."

"I can't." She said sitting on top of the counter.

"Why not?"

"Because, my hands aren't working right now."

"Sure. What do you want?"

"I don't know. Can you make spaghetti?"

"Yeah." I turned around and grabbed everything. I started making it and Ashley kicked me.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"I don't know I just like messing with you." I turned around and wrapped my arms around her waist. She leaned down and kissed me.

"Love you."

"I love you too." I backed away and continued cooking.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Do you want to go to a concert?" I asked putting the dishes in the sink.

"Sure. Where is it?"

"The beach."

"Cool. What concert is it."

"A friend of mine and his girlfriend. Just singing a few songs."

"Awesome." She said jumping on my back.

"Cool lets go." I said walking holding her thighs.

"Wait when is it?"

"Half an hour."

"You're insane if you think I'm going out like this." She jumped off my back and ran upstairs. I followed and she pushed me out the room.

*Ashley's P.O.V*

I put on a black lacy bralette, white overalls, I put a black jacket on my waist and put on some black vans. I put my hair in a messing bun and did bronze eye makeup. I walked out and jumped on Derick's back again. We walked downstairs and went out the door.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We were sat on the beach listening to the last song being finished. They ended and kissed each other. It was adorable how cute of a couple they were. There were a lot of people here a bunch of people came and a lot more people came when they were just walking on the beach. The girl grabbed her boyfriends hand and started talking into the microphone.

"Thank you all for taking your time to listen to us. We have some special guest in the audience," She she said looking at us.

"Our close friend Derick and his girlfriend Ashely. My little sister wanted to be here but she couldn't and she asked if you two could sing something?" I looked at Derick and we nodded. We stood up and walked on stage. She handed us both a microphone.

"What are you guys gonna sing?" I looked at Derick and whispered a song in his ear. He nodded and I held the microphone closer to me.

"We're gonna sing Closer by The Chainsmokers and Halsey." They nodded and walked off the stage. The music started.

Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you
I drink too much and that's an issue
But I'm Ok
Hey, tell your friends it was nice to meet them
But I hope I never see them again

I know it breaks your heart
Moved to the city in a broke down car
And four years, no calls
Now you're looking pretty in a hotel bar
And I, I, I, I, I can't stop
No, I, I, I, I, I can't stop

So baby pull me closer in the back seat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
Pull the sheets right off the corner
Of the mattress that you stole
From your roommate back in Boulder
We ain't ever getting older

You, look as good as the day I met you
I forget just why I left you, I was insane
Stay, and play that Blink-182 song
That we beat to death in Tucson, OK

I know it breaks your heart
Moved to the city in a broke down car
And four years, no call
Now I'm looking pretty in a hotel bar
And I, I, I, I, I can't stop
No, I, I, I, I, I can't stop

So baby pull me closer in the back seat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
Pull the sheets right off the corner
Of the mattress that you stole
From your roommate back in Boulder
We ain't ever getting older

So baby pull me closer in the back seat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
Pull the sheets right off the corner
Of the mattress that you stole
From your roommate back in Boulder
We ain't ever getting older

No, we ain't ever getting older
We ain't ever getting older
No, we ain't ever getting older
We ain't ever getting older
No, we ain't ever getting older (yeah)

We ain't ever getting older (yeah)
No, we ain't ever getting older

We ain't ever getting older
No we ain't ever getting older

I saw flashes out of the corner of my eye most of the time but I didn't want to look at anything except for Derick. I knew the paparazzi was there but I didn't really care. I turned to the crowd as they clapped. I looked at the paparazzi and made weird faces. I put the microphone on the stand and walked off stage with Derick.

"You were really good." I said turning to Derick.

"Thanks. You were too."

"Thank ya." I said jumping on his back. We talked to his friends for a bit then left. As we walked to Derick's car I saw more and more flashes. We got in and drove off.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*Derick's P.O.V*

We drove to a park and walked around. We ended up laying down and looking at the stars.

"Derick?"

"Yeah?"

"How do you deal with all of this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Just being famous in general."

"I don't know. I wouldn't really say I'm famous. I would say I'm the son of a famous person. But, I've always lived like this. It's never really been anything different than what I'm used to. You'll get the hang of it."

"Sure."

"What's wrong?"

"I just can't stop thinking about everything. What if my parents never put me up for adoption? My life would be a total hell. I might not even be alive. What if Emma was never born? My mom took so many drugs I don't even know how I'm still alive or how Emma ever did. Do you think Emma will remember all of the horrible things they probably did to her? What if Emma grows up to be a drug addict like my mom? Or an alcoholic like my dad? What if she gets curious about her real parents and then wants to stay with them? What if something happens to her?" She started crying. I pulled her into a hug and she cried in my shoulder.

"Don't think about that stuff. Think about the good things. Think about the fact that you did get put up for adoption. You got away from your parents. Niall adopted you. We met. We started dating. Emma got put up for adoption. Niall adopted her. She has a big sister to look up to. You have to stay the good person we all know you are. She will look up to you and become a little mini version of you. Then she'll become her own person. Then amazing things will happen in the future."

"You're right. Thanks."

"You're welcome. Let's go get some ice cream."

"Ok." We got up and walked to my car again.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Can we go swimming?" Ashley asked. We were back on the beach and just finished the ice cream.

"You're in white and don't have a swimsuit." I stated.

"So?"

"Do you really want to go swimming?"

"Yes."

"Alright." It was dark and no one was at the beach. She took the jacket off her waist and put it on the sand along with her overalls. I took off my shirt and jeans and we walked into the water. We swam around for a while and talked.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Come on. I can see the paparazzi getting out of their cars. I said pulling my jeans on. I slipped my shirt on as she put her overalls on and put her jacket on. We ran to my car and drove off. She turned the radio on and started singing.

"I'll rise up! And I'll do it a thousand times again!" She sang. I smiled at her and she blushed.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too."

Hey guys! I think I'm gonna skip ahead to their graduation in the next chapter? What do you think? I don't really know what to write an I just want to get this whole school thing over with. In the book and irl 😫 I'm not ready to go back!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 896 66
"What I need is a dandelion in the spring.The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction.The promise that life can go on no matter how b...
635K 39K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
244K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1.1M 44.6K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...