Hopelessly Devoted-A Modern H...

By nohomostylinson

Where a loud, non-trusting boy meets a quiet, confident one. Unedited, incomplete, & messy. More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five

Fifteen

1.7K 59 369
By nohomostylinson

new cover to match the other ones:) I really like it ahh

800 you guys I actually jumped for joy I went to bed with like 705 and woke up with over 800 woAh

Guys btw I always write on my phone which is why these updates are pretty spread out. Also, I'm working on like sixty other books (three of which yalls don't even know about oops) and it's summer so I'm busy and everything

-

Laurens,

Oh John, why can you not see that I am infatuated with you? I'd like to think that I'm not quite obvious about it, but that's not true. Sometimes, my brain deceives me and makes me believe that you actually could possibly like me, but then I am jolted back to reality. I wish, my dear, it might be in my power, by action rather than words, to convince you that I like you. I hardly knew the value you had taught my heart to set upon you. Indeed, my friend, it was not well done.

Yours forever, Alex [August 21st, 2016]

-

Alex's POV:

After sprinting out of John's dorm, I just walk around campus. I had calmed down enough to know where to go, but my thoughts hadn't calmed at all.

He never liked you. He didn't want to be your friend, nobody did. I bet they had a bet going on when John would tell me.

This is what happens when you try to trust people, Alex. You have a few days of happiness and then everything falls apart.

I decide to call a taxi and head to the nearest bar.

"Just get me to a bar, quickly. Please." I tell the cab driver, pulling out my phone and scrolling through the notifications.

"Are you underage?" The driver asks.

"Uh, yeah, why?" I ask.

"I'm not gonna bust you, but just so you know, a lot of drivers around campus are strict on underage drinking. I'll take you to one where you can get in, don't worry."

"Thanks." I tell him before noticing the six missed calls from John, one from Maria, and three from Lafayette.

I decide to listen to the voicemail from Laf, but ignore the others.

"Bonjour, hey, Alex! Um, John's here and he's really sad, he said that he needs to tell you something and, uh, oh, he's grabbing the phone, bye Alex." I hear the voices change and John says, "Alex, hi. You weren't answering my calls so I made Laf call you, guess you're just not on your phone. Um, so, I didn't mean what I said, earlier. I-I thought back to what I said and-and it sounded like I didn't want to be your friend, which, like, I don't, I want to be more, but you didn't know that. I'm assuming you won't listen to this, a-and, yeah. Um, if you do listen to this, call me. By the way, this is John."

After shutting off my phone, I think back to when I met John. He had introduced himself as gay, he had stared at me, and then invited me to someone's wedding, I almost let him... Yeah. We've been through a lot.

"Hey, man, sorry for listening, but it seems as if you can't understand this- That guy, John, he likes you. As in, more than a friend likes you. So, I think you should figure out whether you like him too."

I'm about to retaliate when he continues, "Dude, if he didn't like you, he wouldn't have called you from his friends phone, he would have just given up after calling from his. Think about it, have you ever thought about him as more than a friend?"

"Well, yes, but I didn't think he liked me. I didn't even know if we were friends. We've been in a few intimate moments, and we've kissed twice."

"Did you enjoy kissing him?"

"Well, yeah... yeah, I did."

"Okay, it sounds like you like him. I don't know for sure, but you should think a little bit. We're here, this bar should let you in."

"Hey, thanks. For the ride and for the advice. I know what I'm going to do. Keep the change." I tell the driver, handing him a twenty dollar bill before slamming the door.

There isn't even a bouncer outside the bar and I walk in, noticing that it's near empty, with only a few people dancing and one person sitting at the bar.

I walk over to the familiar-looking man at the bar and tap him on the shoulder, asking, "Pardon me, are you Aaron Burr, sir?"

"That depends, who's asking?" He responds, looking over to me.

"Oh well sure, I'm Alexander Hamilton. Um, I'm Maria's roommate? She mentioned something about you two going on a date. How did that go?" I ask him, waving the bartender over and ordering a Sam Adams and a water.

"Oh, yeah. We're dating, I really like her." He tells me.

"That's good, if you ever break her heart, though, I'll break you." I say casually.

"I see. You two are close?" He asks curiously.

"Yeah, kinda. We've had a few ups and downs but it's going well. I don't like her like that, if thats what you think. There's actually someone else." I state, sipping the beer.

"Hayy, Lafff, look who it isss. Alexander Hammy Ham." A voice slurs from next to me, and I turn only to see John.

"I'm John Laurens in the place to be. Who are you?" He cheers at Aaron, giggling but not taking his eyes off of me.

"I'm Aaron Burr. Dating Maria, Hammy's roommate."

"Cool, cool. Um, hey, Laf, Herc, look who I found!" John calls the two boys over.

"Hey, Alex. Did you get my, well, John's voicemail from earlier?" Lafayette asks me, obviously sober.

"Yeah, I listened to it. Look, I need to talk to him and all but he's drunk so now is not the time. I'm gonna just hang out for a while, though." I tell Laf.

"Okay, cool. Is it okay if we hang out with you two?"

"Of course. Guys, introduce yourselves to Burr."

Aaron turns around from his conversation with a bartender to hear the introductions.

"I'm John Laurens, you know, in the place to be. I've had two Sam Adams, this ones my third!" John says, giggling and pointing to his glass. He obviously can't hold alcohol well, which I find quite adorable for some reason.

"Ah, oui oui mon ami, je m'appelle Lafayette! I'm from France, if you couldn't tell. Not fluent, moved when I was seven." Marquis tells Aaron.

"Ay, I am Hercules Mulligan. I apologize for little Johnny here, he's not very good with alcohol."

"How many drinks have you had Hera?" I ask Hercules.

"Three, same kind that John had. Also, what the heck kind of nickname is Hera?"

"Hercules in Greek means in service of Hera, and since you have a Greek god name, I just called you Hera. I'll keep working on it." I say sheepishly, ignoring the laughter at my explanation.

"Alright alright mr. smarty pants, we get it, you know ancient Greek things. Now, school doesn't start for another few days, lets not get a history lesson." Hercules says.

I sigh and take a sip of my drink, glancing around the empty bar.

"What's wrong?" John whispers in my ear, suddenly by my side.

I shiver and answer, "Nothing, nothing. Just thinking."

"What are you thinking about?" He asks, closer to my ear.

"You." I tell him, because it's the truth.

"Really?" Laurens says excitedly, his warm breath going down my neck.

"Really. You've been running through my mind all day." I tell him, turning to face him.

"That's weird, I don't run." John giggles at his joke.

I grin when he giggles because he's just too cute. Pressing my forehead to his, I whisper, "Then I guess you've been walking, because no matter what, you've been in my head."

John smiles nervously, obviously tense at our closeness. He pulls away and waves the bartender over, smiling at her.

"Hi, can I just get a water?" He asks her, sliding his drink over to Hercules.

"Of course. A name for the cup?" She winks at John, smiling seductively and leaning over to show him her chest. I look away, grimacing. Somehow, jealously makes its way into me, even though John is 100% very gay.

"You can just write gay on it." To my surprise, he completely shuts the girl down. She frowns and pulls her shirt down, possibly thinking that her breasts could change his sexuality. After noticing his uninterested look at her, she sighs and mutters "shame" under her breath before walking away.

"That was kind of awesome, John." I tell him when he twirls in his chair back to face me.

"Yeah?" He asks shyly.

"Yeah. You're awesome." I smile at him before glancing at Hercules.

Lafayette is telling him a story, animating it by using hand motions, but Herc seems more interested in Laf's facial expressions as he tells the tale rather than the actual story.

I watch as his eyes trace over every inch of Lafayette, pausing ever so slightly on his lips. A grin slowly spreads over his face as he focuses back on Lafayette's eyes.

I smile and turn back to John, who's head was already turned to me.

"What were you looking at?" I ask John.

"I could ask the same of you." He responds. I can't argue with that logic.

"Fine, I was looking at Hercules because he obviously likes Laf. Now, what were you looking at?"

"You. I was looking at your smile, your eyes, everything. I figured that was obvious." John gives me a weak smile before turning back to his water.

"Wait, Hercules likes Laf?" He asks as an afterthought.

"I think so. And, it kind of seems like Lafayette likes him back. Look at how, now that Herc is saying something, Laf is so focused on what he's saying, only not looking at him when he blinks. And now, now he's looking at Herc's lips. Gosh, living with someone can do weird things."

"Geez, I never noticed, even before today." John tells me, staring at the two boys. Lafayette begins to talk again, and I notice him take a step closer to Herc. As Laf talks, Hercules leans his head closer to the shorter boy, as if trying to hear him better.

"I bet you ten dollars that they're going to kiss within the next five minutes." I say to John.

"Deal." He agrees, and we shake hands.

Sure enough, Lafayette grows quiet and Herc whispers something that I couldn't quite catch before he leaned in and pressed their lips together. Instantly, Laf's arms went around Hercules's neck, pulling him close, and Herc's arms wrapped around Lafayette's waist.

"Hah, told you! Pay up." I turn away to give the two some privacy.

"John, stop staring at them." Burr hits John on the shoulder, making him turn and face the bar again.

"Alright alright, here you go." John hands me a ten dollar bill, and we exchange smiles.

-
a/N

If yalls don't check my profile or anything which I assume you dont um follow nohomostylinson on insta and Tumblr:) i don't post on either often tho

hOly crap guys it's been literally three days over the past like six chapters what

I'm crying bc at the end of the letter it's from one of Alex's letters to John (I changed love to like bc they ain't even dating yet (yet) and took out the Laurens part after my dear as well as an entire line in there) but overall it's quite cute you have to agree

Okay the ending sucks I'm sorry but there some fluff so can yalls forgive me ALSO YAY HERC AND LAFAYETTE I SHIP THEM SO.MUCH YOU ACTUALLY DONT KNOW.

Love YALLS also we're so close to 1k I'm

Xoxo, gossip girl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 586 36
What if you fell in love with a city? The buildings, the noise, the talent, the transportation. The People. More specifically, one person. Alexander...
710 13 12
Alexander Hamilton is broken. He's the new kid with a tragic past and a strange look at a school where everyone knows everyone, and he's the latest i...
9.1K 429 23
Alexander Hamilton is a nerd, who can't seem to find the one. He's a classic outcast, but that all changes with one history project. Hamilton's part...
198K 4.2K 48
John Laurens: A boy who has lived in South Carolina until he was ten. Homeschool until his senior year of high school. He was finally being enrolled...