Roses are Red

By Akizakura202

A SasukeXOC romance series. She claimed to hate him the night he left, but just how empty were her words? She... More

Never Severed
Since You've Been Gone
Not Your Krystal
Things I Already Know
Someone I Used to Know
Something Worth Fighting For
Prisoner
Kiss the Demons From My Dreams
Chapter Ten: Pride
Mizumaru's Showers Brings Hayden's Flowers
Blood and Chakra
Attachments
Jealousy of an Uchiha
Family Secrets
Fruit of Their Passions
Elegance
Good Morning
Bonds and Grudges
Daddy's Tears
Likeness
Heartstrings
Elegant X Honor
Blushing Rubies
Acceptance and Forgiveness: Zakuro's Transformation
Hate Me X Fight Me X TALK to Me
Youths' Love and Hate
Emotions Unheard
Pinky Promise
Not a Mellow Yellow
Clutching at Air
Devil Beside Her
When a Red Rose Turns Black (Finale plus Epilogue)

Chapter Six: Maybe

2.2K 40 0
By Akizakura202

Recappy From the Last Chappy: "I went around town for a bit—Is that a crime, Ino-pig?" she insulted but it did not contain it‛s usual venom. "I needed to clear my head a bit, but now I‛m kinda tired, so I think I‛ll go take that nap now."

"Hey! I‛m not a pig!" Ino yelled, but Krystal had already entered the bedroom portion and closed the door behind her before the statement was finished.

Ino can be so annoying sometimes, she thought when plopping onto the same bed she had earlier face-down and turned her head to the side a little so she was looking out the window. And Maboroshi-sama . . . . He makes me think of Uchiha so much . . . . Can I . . . handle that?

Chapter Six: Maybe

"Wow . . .," Maboroshi murmured as he stared at Krystal‛s eyes. "The infamous byakugan eye." The trip for Sunagakure had started a few hours ago, and Krystal‛s ears had been filled with compliments similar to those for the majority of the said time frame, though she had only started using her byakugan moments before.

Lips curling into a smirk, she asked, "Are these eyes really so amazing?"

"Yes, from what I have heard . . . you have the ability to see all that is around you: chakra points, chakra networks; far distances . . . . But from where I stand they hold a great beauty within them, too. Well, despite the fact that you look as though you have one hell of a migraine, there‛s a perfect reflection of nature‛s bounty within them. At this moment you can see the blue of the sky and the green of the trees. I bet they would look even more dazzling after sunset . . . . The colors would bring an unrivaled radiance to the rest of your features."

"Hm . . . . Does this ‛you are radiant and beautiful' speech work will ALL the girls?" Krystal asked as pleasantly as she could with Sasuke flashing through her mind again. The crimson colors of his sharingan would sometimes have made her think of sunset. "Besides, I‛ve always found the byakugan to be kinda creepy. When I first tried using it, I had enough chakra to activate it, but not to it‛s full extent. I was only able to see through my Uncle Hiashi-sama‛s clothes. I think I fainted after that . . . ."

"Ahahahahahahahaha! Maybe having the byakugan wouldn‛t be so fun after all . . . ."

"No, I suppose not . . . . Tell me, Maboroshi-sama— and I‛m sure Hinata noticed this, too—But the majority of you have more chakra than the average human would, yet less than a trained ninja would be at your ages. Why is that?"

"Oh, did you think the Lands of Fire, Wind, Earth, Water and Lightning were the only countries with ninja training? Britain may not have the same sort of program or one as well developed, but the three of us each trained there at one point, right Ed?"

"Right you are, Lord Maboroshi. Ed remembers it quite well," Mister Edward James Bos answered. Older than Maboroshi and Hayden, Edward was nearly the eldest of the complete guard at twenty-seven years old. Some of his characteristics were the same as his sister‛s, one of which being that he spoke in a way different than most; in his case: referring to himself in third person. He was good-looking, but could hardly compare to Maboroshi and did not share the same fiery hair color as Hayden or her eyes. His dark brown hair and violet eyes gave a cooler and more laid-back look about him. He had been with Ino, guarding the front. "Lord Maboroshi, Hayden and Ed all attended the Academy when it was first opened by Lord Maboroshi‛s mum, God rest her soul."

"This one and everyone else would always get into trouble . . . . Especially in the beginning, for this one. This one was the only girl to attend, much to some people‛s distaste––like Henry. He didn‛t think a girl would be able to complete the program—which is kinda dumb considering a KUNOICHI was the one teaching. And it was only a few years long. But look at this one now—this one is just under Henry!" Hayden said, putting in her two-cents with a triumphant glance to the man in charge.

"Well, Miss Hayden, your case was an odd one and I still find it hard to believe that you were able to get through that rigorous training on your own. Had the Academy continued for more than one year, than I am sure you would have flunked out," Henry replied smugly. So far, this pompous fool had not made to Krystal‛s A-list. His eyes were cold and black like his receding hairline, and his face seemed to be stuck in a sneer, no matter what the situation. He traveled opposite of Krystal on the left side of the carriage with Hinata; she did not seem to enthusiastic about the arrangement.

Hayden, Maboroshi and Edward rolled their eyes at his statement.

"Hold on a minute, Hayden just said the program lasted a few years. What happened?" Kiba asked from the back of his trusty companion, Akamaru. On his suggestion, Hayden was riding behind him, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist, though not tight enough to cause him discomfort. It may not have been the best of positions to be in if an enemy were to attack, but it felt nice enough that her cheeks nearly resembled her hair color.

Edward was the one to answer. "Lady Mine died. She was Lord Maboroshi‛s mum and the only actual ninja in Britain. She was from Konoha, and it was her marriage with Lord Alphonse that set the alliance between our countries some years ago. She was the one to start the Academy and teach the classes. When she died, there was no one else to teach the classes, so they were forced to close it down after only a year."

"E-erm . . . . May I ask how she died?" Hinata asked politely.

"That, my dear, is because Lady Mine had taken a leave of absence to visit Konoha when the Academy was on it‛s break sometime in Early October. Poor woman hardly new her place and happened to visit on that dreadful day fifteen years ago when the Nine-Tailed Fox attacked. She died trying to protect her old village—which should have torn our alliance to pieces, but Alphonse wouldn‛t have it. He claimed it would be an insult to her if Britain went to war with the Fire County over it. Honestly, this is the very reason why women should not do battle." Henry said. "They get far to emotional for their own good."

The Kyuubi . . . . "Just because Mine-sama died in battle, doesn‛t mean that women in general shouldn‛t. Tons of people—male or female—died that night," said Krystal, irritated by the old man‛s sexist views. Out of compassion she held onto Maboroshi‛s hand that hung out the window, having realized how this turn in the conversation had brought a depressed and wistful look on his face, as he had taken a sudden silence and leaned on the window. "I‛m sorry for your loss, Maboroshi-sama, and I‛m confident Mine-sama was a kunoichi to be proud of. She died with the greatest of honors a ninja could ask for."

He shook his head. "I know that, don‛t be sorry . . . . Hn, seems as if I‛ve brought the whole party down . . . . Forgive me, but you are much prettier when you smile, Krystal-san," he added when seeing her downcast expression. "Could I get you to promise me something?"

"Absolutely."

"Never lose the ability to smile. A girl like you shouldn‛t have to be sad, so I think you should smile, always. Would you do that for me?"

Firstly, she could not find it in her to do anything but stare at him blankly. This was not the first time she had been complimented on her smile or told she should always have the ability to do as such, never frown. She would like to say it had been Sasuke who had spoken those words to her, but it had actually been Naruto. Times when Sasuke would say something like that was only a figment of the imagination.

Humoring him with a sweet smile and knowing Sasuke was hovering above her thoughts, she said, "Of course . . . I can do it."

Her reaction seemed to satisfy him. "That‛s a good girl."

Krystal, only realizing then that she was still holding his hand, released it and changed the direction of her byakugan eye forward, letting her mind wander to that certain "someone-she-used-to-know" in Konoha, but did not protest. Maybe she should have visited him while they were both in Konoha after all. There had been plenty of opportunities.

No. Krystal, you did the right thing not going ot see him. What would you say? What would he do? And . . . . You can‛t go see him again and have it not really be him—not again. That can‛t happen again . . . .

.:Xx♥xX:.

Thirty-six days, twelve hours and twenty-seven minutes of unrelenting attacks on his pride and threats to his sanity. There were sixteen webs left from the hundreds of spiders he had seen coming through the cold iron bars and cracks in the walls. The only event that had occurred in the said time frame that could be counted as a blessing was the lack of a cellmate, as he preferred the almost silence. The wave of visitors had also significantly depleted, however that left him to entertaining himself. Admittedly, vengeful thoughts could only take him so far and he was insanely bored.

Thoughts of Krystal would still cross his mind, there was hardly anything new there. The voice would also still come and remind him how much he had screwed up. But there was now another voice, sounding more like his own as it said that he had done the right thing. What he was doing wrong now was still staying in Konoha as his brother was still on the loose. Over time, the voices would become more and more real until—

They formed living, breathing bodies, right before his eyes.

It was the third time in that cell that Sasuke questioned his sanity and realized he was the only one who could see them. Despite being his inner baddie and concious, one was female and talked all of the time, which was a contradiction to his actual personality. Always, they would argue and fight the same battle they had been fighting in his head for over a month.

Yin was the name of the less annoying one, his name meaning "shadow" and being darker in appearance and personality. He had eyes colored like blood and dark hair that messily framed his dark face. Two small horns poked through his hair and a tail like there would be on the media‛s depiction of Satan poked through his black leather jeans. The skeletal structure of bat-like wings protruded from his back through a black T-shirt. The other, was completely opposite.

She was known as Yang, her name meaning "sunlit" and being much lighter and annoying than Yin. Her eyes seemed to be a peaceful blue and short white hair framed her pale face. To add an outer appearance of holiness, a small halo hovered above her head and angel wings were visible as they poked through her toga-like dress.

Oh, Sasuke-kun! The path to love is one that should be seldom walked, but as should one of hate! Forgiveness! Will killing Itachi be worth all of this misery? Yang said in a dramatic tone. She had her hands drawn to her chin as she hovered in front of Sasuke‛s face and somehow was able to bring tiny dews to the corners of her eyes.

You bet it‛s going to be worth it, Yin said boredly from Sasuke‛s left shoulder. It‛s only because of that weasel in the first place that he‛s miserable anyway. With him alive, how can Sasuke find any happiness?

After she waited patiently for Yin to say what he had, Yang shook her head and turned back to Sasuke. That is why he must FORGIVE! Forgive and—well, I guess forgetting would be hard, wouldn‛t it? Especially considering how this grudge has ruled you half of you life . . . . But Sasuike-kun, there‛s Krystal-chan, too! If you stay in Konoha, wouldn‛t you be able to find happiness with her? You love her and she loves you!

"Are you stupid? I never said anything about loving her!" Sasuke blushed.

If you ask me, Yin started, you should just break out of this place. If any Uchiha belongs behind bars, awaiting possible death, it‛s Itachi.

He can‛t break out! That‛s against the law! Yang flew from in front of Sasuke to Yin. Breaking the law again will only put him in more trouble!

To avoid Yang bumping into his face as she advanced forward while talking, Yin had to lean back, only to end up falling backwards. Enraged, he rose again and pushed Yang. Can it! You‛re goody two-shoes act is REALLY pissing me off! Do you believe he should rot in this place? Especially since he‛s becoming mentally insane enough that he can actually see us!

With her eyes becoming large and watery, Yang continued her dramatics. You‛re so mean, Yin! This is not an act! As Sasuke‛s conscience, I must set him down the path of truth, love, justice and righteousne— Her statement was cut off by the ball of spiderweb thrown by her opposite that found it‛s way into her mouth.

Haven‛t I heard that speech a thousand times . . . and as his inner badself, I have to disagree with every bit of garbage YOU spout from your mouth! You‛re no fun at all, Yang.

Waaaaaaaaaaah! There‛s a spider crawling down my throat!

SHUT UP!

"BOTH of you shut up! You‛re both annoying—haven‛t stopped talking for DAYS!" Sasuke said firmly, having long since grown tired of their bickering, but only now beginning to feel the threat of a headache. "I can figure out what to do without listening to you losers argue about it."

Okay, Smart guy, what are you going to do then?

"I never said I decided yet!"

Approaching footsteps quieted the Uchiha and his hallucinations immediately, hearing each one echo through the hall and gradually becoming louder. Yin and Yang, whom were at each other‛s throats seconds ago watched the other side of the bars curiously. Before long, Naruto appeared with a wide-set grin.

"Hey, Sasuke! I finally caught ya when you‛re not asleep!"

"What do you want, Loser?" Just what he needed: another loud person to converse with and worsen his headache.

"Hey! Is that anyway to talk to the person who‛s about to release you from this dump?" The blonde retorted, showcasing and jingling a few keys on a metal ring. "Tsunade baa-chan's letting ya out of the jail, but on probation. You won't be allowed outta the village or on any missions for awhile, and there's gonna be a jonin babysittin' ya," he teased.

They‛re gonna let me go, after only thirty-six days, but I‛m going to be babysat? The Old bag‛s gone soft . . ., Sasuke thought with half a smirk. "It‛s not like I can go back to Orochimaru."

With a cheesy grin, Naruto put the keys in the lock. "I made sure of that, believe it." He was referring to the part he had played in Orochimaru‛s execution. Within seconds the cell was unlocked and Sasuke could already feel the weight on his shoulders lighten as any seals or spells that suppressed chakra or ensured captivity were lifted.

You wouldn‛t go back to Orochimaru, anyway! Sasuke heard Yang say as she picked the last few strands of spiderweb from her tongue. Now that we‛re getting out of this jail, you can go find Krystal and—

Who ever said he had to go find Krystal? He should just try and run, I mean, he‛s stronger than any jonin from Konoha.

Oh, but just picture it, Yin. To be reunited after three long years! So romantic! Yang sighed and clasped her hands together, eyes sparkling at the idea. Yin looked as if he could puke.

Ugh, why do you have to be such a friggin‛ romantic?

Sasuke was about to tell Yin and Yang to cease their arguing yet again, but decided against it. He would rather the threats to his sanity be kept unknown to those outside of his own mind. Discreetly, as he hopped down from the top bunk, he smacked Yin and Yang hard enough that they sailed through the air, screaming, until they hit the wall and disappeared into puffs of smoke. He smirked. "Doesn‛t change the fact that you‛re a loser."

Naruto gave Sasuke an angry look as he closed the cell door behind him. "If anyone‛s the loser, you are! I‛m not the one who ended up in prison, and look at all the stuff I used to do!"

"They just found me worth being confined." Inwardly, Sasuke had to admit that he missed these little arguments between himself and Naruto. It simply was not the same with anyone else. He did not mind so much being babysat by the jonin, either, as there was nowhere for him to run-off to anyway. With Orochimaru dead, he should have been trying to track down Itachi, but even he knew he did not have the strength yet. Staying in Konoha all of a sudden seemed to be a good idea, maybe, if even the dunce had become strong enough to beat Orochimaru. Maybe he could get even stronger than he thought.

Maybe, staying just a little bit wouldn‛t be so bad . . . .

End of Chapter Six

Next time on .:Roses are Red:.! Chapter Seven: Something Worth Fighting For

Shikaku set down his tea. "So . . . . Who's the girl?" Shikaku asked after the long stretch of silence.

"Girl?"

"Before I began this assignment I had already analyzed the possibilities of you attempting to make a run for it—Which you did try to do—and I considered why you would want to run. With the death of Orochimaru, there isn't anyone for you to run off to for more training; you don't have the ninja tools or the stupidity to go after your brother now . . . . A girlfriend is the only one that seems partially logical," he explained as Sasuke's face turned red.

"Why is it that everyone links my motives to her . . .?"

.:Xx♥xX:.

Thank you for reading, everyone! May God bless you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 7.1K 72
Sasuke Uchiha has just reencountered with Naruto after first seeing Sakura and Kakashi after a while: "Why are you fixated on me?! Why do you care?!"...
10.5K 259 21
This is my first story sorry in advance hope you enjoy What if the person you love leaves after a one year relationship ? What if your own village b...
51K 995 24
The wonderful continuation of Kamina and Sasuke's love. Will Sasuke be able to forget about revenge for his dearest love or will he choose hatred ove...
138K 3.3K 53
Temptations and Betrayal [ SasuHina ] I have everything, a wife and a child is all I need but.. Temptation overcomes me.. I don't want what's going o...