The Decision (An Avengers/X-M...

By Marvel890

[Discontinued at the moment] Sequel to Terabyte (An Avengers Fanfiction). I will post a description of this s... More

Description/Short Summary
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17

Chapter 16

1.2K 67 21
By Marvel890

"Welcome back, kid." My father greeted me once I stepped inside the mansion.

Coming back here was easier than ever. Since I apologized to my friends - teammates, former friends, I don't know anymore - it felt like a gigantic weight was lifted off my shoulders. They now knew that I was here. I mean, they knew before but now I was the one to confirm it.

Don't get me wrong, going back to the tower and having to face the people that mattered the most to me after lying and yelling at them was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my whole life.

But now I didn't have to lie to them. I could come to the mansion without having that guilt of them not knowing in the back of my mind.

None of them spoke to me after I finished my speech - if you would call it that. None of them ran out of the tower to talk to me, to comfort me like I had hoped they would. But then again I didn't think it would happen. I was the worst friend to them, so hoping for that was a long shot.

Once I left, I didn't come straight here. Instead I decided to take a walk by myself, just to be alone for a while. It got me thinking about a lot of things. Like Thomas.

I knew I still had to apologize to him, being he wasn't at the tower. I don't know how I would do it. Maybe I'd text him and tell him to meet me somewhere in private.

While currently having the title of 'worst friend ever,' I thought of my best friend, Katie. I hadn't spoken to her in forever. The last time I saw her was when Anna, Kitty and I went to Applebee's. Apparently that's where she worked, but I wasn't sure if she was still there. That was a few weeks ago, and I promised her I would talk to her but I haven't since. So I guess you could just give me the 'worst best friend' award too.

I forced a smile at my father. "Thanks,"

"How was it?" Logan asked, as he and I walked to my room. I was still debating on calling it my temporary room or permanent room, being I wasn't now sure if I would be staying here or somewhere else. I'm pretty sure the Avengers don't want me sleeping in the same building as them anymore.

I shrugged. "I said what I wanted to say, but then I left. None of them said anything."

"That sucks," he said and I nodded. "Have you decided if you're staying here?"

We were at my room by the time he asked me that. I looked at him and sighed. "I'm not sure."

Logan nodded, understanding. "I get it. Just...think 'bout it, okay? Don't forget, we still have that Walking Dead marathon to finish."

I laughed. "Of course," I said. "I'll see you later for dinner."

"Don't be late, we're having lobster." He smirked and walked away.

I opened the door and stepped inside. Immediately I jumped on my bed and laid there for a full five minutes, not wanting to move. But then Thomas came to mind and I sat up.

Grabbing my phone, I went to his contact and went to press 'call' but hesitated.

Just press the damn thing already! The voice in my head said.

He doesn't want to talk to me, let alone see me. How am I supposed to apologize if he doesn't want to talk to me?

You did it with the Avengers, I'm sure you can do it with him. Wow, that's the first nice thing that voice in my head ever said to me.

Don't get used to it.

There it is.

I finally pressed 'call' and held the phone to my ear, my heart thumping loudly.

After the first four rings, I thought he wasn't going to answer, but then his calm voice rang through my ears and I immediately relaxed.

"Hello?" He said.

I sat there for what felt like hours, just not saying anything. He said hello again and I was snapped back to reality.

"To-Thomas, it's me, Savannah." I spoke, my voice almost cracking. Almost.

There was a pause. "Why are you calling me?" He asked, and I heard a sad sigh.

"I-um," I stammered, "Uh, I just wanted to ask if we could meet up tomorrow?"

"Sav-"

"Just hear me out," I cut him off. "I was going to do this over the phone but I feel like I need to do it in person. I need to talk to you, Thomas. Meet me in Central Park tomorrow at 12...or not. I'll be there, and I hope you will too. Bye," I hung up and let out a deep sigh, falling back onto the bed.

That was only the easy part.

***

When Kitty knocked on my door to tell me dinner was ready, she and I walked over to the dinning room.

When I entered, I was greeted by cheers, smiles, and laughs. I couldn't help but smile, too.

"Savannah!" said Professor X. "I'm glad you can join us."

"How could I miss lobster?" I joked and the room echoed in laughs.

I walked over and sat in between Logan and Kitty. Immediately I started eating, and can I just say, that was the best lobster I have ever tasted.

About an hour into the meal, the professor clinked his spoon to his cup, grabbing everyone's attention. The room soon became quiet, awaiting what the professor had to say.

"I just wanted to tell you how grateful I am that you came back, Savannah." He said. "You just came back from a very hard task, but you did it with confidence. And I'm glad that you felt safe enough to come back to us, your family."

I felt a pang when he said your family, but then I forced a smile. The professor raised his cup. "To new beginnings."

Everyone raised their drinks and echoed to new beginnings.

***

After dinner, I went back to my room. I was extremely exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep for a whole 24 hours.

But sleep didn't come easy to me that night. I stared at the white ceiling above me, just thinking. Like I did earlier today while taking my walk.

Tomorrow I was - hopefully - going to see Thomas and apologize to him. Tomorrow I planned on calling Katie.

Today I was invited into a new family.

I loved the X-Men. They were great people and friends. And my father...he wanted an actual relationship with me. But it didn't feel the same being with them rather then the Avengers.

I couldn't stand the thought of betraying my best friends by being with other people. I did it before, but this time it was different.

I was being invited into a new family. I didn't say yes or no, but I knew I had to give an answer soon.

I just didn't know what my answer is going to be.

~~~~

Authors Note: Hello again my friends! So here's a new chapter. I'm so sorry for waiting so long. AND I'm sorry that last chapter was so short, I just felt like I needed to update to tell you guys I'm still alive, lol.

But anyway, this was more of a filler chapter. Next chapter we will - hopefully - see Thomas again. We'll be hearing from Katie ( yay ) but will not be seeing her until a few chapters later into the story.

And I am also sorry that this is going so slow. There are two bad guys that need to be taken care of and there was only one fight so far. I'm really sorry guys I feel like this is nothing compared to Terabyte. I feel like I'm not doing a very good job with this story. And maybe when I'm finished I'll go back and do some heavy editing because it's going waaaaaay too slow to me.

But anyway, don't forget to comment your thoughts and opinions and vote! See you next chapter! :)

P.S. I'm thinking of doing rant book...but I'm not sure. It'll definitely have Marvel parts ( of course ) along with other things I like and dislike. Idk tell me what you guys think.

~Marvel890

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 6.2K 49
"𝘏𝘒𝘴𝘯'𝘡 𝘒𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘡𝘰𝘭π˜₯ 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘡𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴 𝘀𝘒𝘯 𝘣𝘦 π˜₯𝘦𝘀𝘦π˜ͺ𝘷π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨?" [ avengers ] - [ avengers: infinity war] 𝘣�...
10.3K 271 54
PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS STORY IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OLD. [based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe] This is the story of Forsaken, a skilled and t...
10.7K 178 52
Elisabeth, Libby, Rogers, though being younger, always took it upon herself to look after her often sickly elder brother. A fight in an alley brings...
611K 26.8K 51
A post-Captain America: Civil War fanfiction. I'm Chloe Tuominen. I'm just an average girl. An average physical therapist with an average apartment...