outlines ✰ l.h.

fluffycashton

A classic high school sweetheart story that's been doused in liquor and cigarette smoke. Copyright © fluffyca... Еще

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two

chapter eighteen

6.5K 186 38
fluffycashton

The second I woke up all that consumed me was the feeling of Luke. His voice, shaky hands, replaying memories of finding him boxing to a beat. And then Kat followed. I really, really, didn't like Kat. She was gorgeous and intimidating and also messing around with the one guy I find myself interested in. But I guess she can say the same for me. 

Luke was...different. I know, so cliche. But he truly was. He was a very different type of character. He seemed so rugged and tough and didn't seem to give a shit about fairly anything. Not saying he isn't anything of those things, because let's be a little real here, he is. But we share such special moments of a soft and easy side of Luke. He sure as hell doesn't like to tiptoe around anything, obviously. But then he'll turn around and watch these really interesting science videos and make sure to be the best friend he can be. He's always honest and genuinely cares about me. He doesn't make the situation any better sometimes, but he tries. (Friend is a very loose term here considering he made me finish faster than anyone ever has and we had known each other for a month and a half. Moving on.)

After my thoughts trickled away, I rolled over in bed to check the time. My alarm didn't wake me up again, so I assumed I woke up before my alarm again. My assumptions were wrong. School started at 8:20 and it's 8:18.

"Oh my gosh, I need a better alarm clock," I mumbled as I scrambled out of bed.

I skipped over a shower because I had already thoroughly showered last night after what went down. Nothing better than a to shower after some steamy moments. Am I right ladies?

I tied my hair in the prettiest bun I could and searched frantically for clothes. I was mid April and getting hot so I wanted shorts and a t-shirt but after sneaking a peak of the weather through my curtains I realized shorts and heavy rain wouldn't mixed.

I groaned, throwing on just an old t-shirt and jeans and ran back into my bathroom to throw on a face of makeup as fast as I could. I just didn't want to look too dead today.

After 20 minutes I was in a huge hurry to find something to eat and an umbrella. I grabbed a whole box of cereal from the shelf and decided to take the whole box into my car and eat it as I go. As for the umbrella...well. I was just out of luck with that one. I had absolutely NO idea where this thing was. I wasn't even sure if I owned one. After checking both hall closets, there was nothing.

So from then I ran into my car with my back pack over my shoulder. I fumbled with my keys and started my car, reversing out of my driveway as fast as possible without hitting a mail box or an actual person, and headed on my way to class. 

What I really wanted to do was call Luke and see if he was skipping so I could just miss the whole day and spend it with someone. I know Ashton and Calum are always at school and I stopped asking them a while ago.

The drive seemed to take forever. I minutes on my clock flew by my it seemed my car couldn't catch up to it. I pulled into my parking spot in of course the furthest parking lot from my class. I pulled my phone out from my pocket once I parked and I didn't have a single notification. Usually there's just something from someone. And I was surprised to see nothing from Luke. After talking over ice cream yesterday I figured things would be fine.

So now it's pouring rain at nine in the morning, I'm forty minutes late for first period, and I can already hear a detention slip calling my name. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate my first period? I absolutely loathe psychology. More of the teacher and not the subject. I still hate it.

My room was in a classroom located in the gym. Weird, I know. The dismissal bell rings in five minutes and I'm just now walking through the doors to my classroom. I keep my head down as I swing open the door. It creaks and I cringe, but that's usually how I feel about anything in this school. The whole class is chattering yet they're all staring at me. My hood was over my messy hair and wet face. Strands of my hair clung to my cheeks and I pushed it all back as I neared my seat. 

There was homework on the board and I wrote it down in my planner as if I was going to do it. It's always reading and online assignments she never checks. Why would I start now? 

My thoughts are interrupted by my teacher strolling by my desk. She had a white slip in her hand and slide it onto my desk and kept walking on towards her desk. I flipped it over and of course I had a nice, new detention slip. Tomorrow at 7am. My favorite.

I kind of wanted to cry in this moment. Not that I'm upset I had detention, but the fact that it was raining and I hated this class and had no friends in this class. And I hated my teacher. To hell with AP psychology. Down with high school.

--

to: luke skywalker

sent: 9:08am

i got to school late again. another detention tomorrow morning at 7. what a glorious day

-

from: luke skywalker

received: 9:09am

Sorry babe. Life's hard isn't it?

-

I even roll my eyes at Luke when he isn't here. What a pain in my ass.

It was nice to finally hear from him this morning though. I just enjoy talking to him whenever I get the chance. It makes me feel like a giddy 8th grader again. The bell rang and I was able to escape the humid classroom that brought me close to ripping my hair out every day. I was one of the last ones out, as usual. My teacher called my name, but honestly, I pretended I didn't hear her and kept walking. 

This is the time of the day where I cross campus and climb so many flights of stairs and basically die. It's whatever though.

-

from: luke skywalker

received: 9:13am

I see you across campus in your cute little hoodie. It looks like mine. Oh wait

--

My head picked up immediately and my eyes darted around the huge crowd of teenagers walking towards their next period. Not only does Luke see me, but he also sees me wearing his hoodie I completely stole out of the back of his car last night after ice cream. I am only slightly ashamed. At least he thinks it's cute.

Luke is weird, to put it plainly. He is confusing and so fuzzy and gray and hard to read and so damn annoying, but I really do enjoy him. As much as I want to rip him apart at times because of Kat or because he is just a trouble maker, or anything like that I just remember that I'm his "friend" and I can't do that. Also because that's against the law. Moving on.

My day dragged on. Like watching paint dry all day dragging. It was horrid really. It was because Luke hadn't talked to me all day, which I found quite strange. He sent those few texts in the morning and that was really it. Nothing more. 

The rain had stopped and so did his words. The clouds cleared and my sight of him left. It was odd. Luke was usually by my side a lot throughout the day. School pains him as much as it pains me. So when our final dismissal bell rang I headed out to one of the parking lots to search for his car. His spot, 118, was empty. I assumed he ditched, as he usually does. 

-

to: luke skywalker

sent: 3:48pm

did you play hooky?

-

I didn't get a response from when I sent it to the time I got home. It was about half an hour, but still. He usually replies pretty quickly.

I got inside and headed straight to my room. My stomach was grumbling from hunger, but I didn't really care. This strange silence from Luke would turn my stomach more than the absence of food. It was only a day, yes. A mere 8 hours or so since I had last talked to him.

My bed was comfy, but I was not. Feathered pillows and furry blankets wouldn't comfort me the way a simple "hello" from Luke could. I could imagine him from the other side, watching me call a thousand times. But for now the only thing that could really comfort me is a bowl of cereal with Ashton. 

I reluctantly got out of bed. I really just wanted to lay there forever and not care about anything at all and consume myself with thoughts and day dreams. Mostly day dreams about Luke and his Rapunzel looking self. But you know.

My phone began buzzing in my hand. I peeped quickly over to the name across the screen. It was Ashton.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Ands! What are you doing?" He asked. He was always so chipper. He was such a good thing to hold close to me.

"I'm at home. I was actually about to ask what you were doing as well", I told him. An awkward laugh fell out of my mouth and I wasn't sure why. My mind was probably to occupied with the very small feeling of anxiety I was getting about the blonde headed boy who has disappeared.

"Well, I'm actually hanging out with Calum. We were over at the park getting a few laps in on the track." Ashton responded. 'Since when does he exercise?' I thought to myself. "We were wondering if you wanted to come over to Calum's and hangout for a little. We're about to head over," he said.

As appealing as hanging out with two sweaty and probably stinky boy sounded, I really wasn't in the mood.

I cleared my throat, "You know as nice as that sounds, I'm actually not feeling to good," I lied, putting my hand over my stomach and looking down. The line was silent for a few moments before Ashton's voice rang in again.

"Alright Andy. I hope you feel better. And if you need anything I'll be over in a jiffy."

I giggled, "Okay, I got it. Thanks for being a good mom. I'll talk to you later, alright?"

"Alright, get some rest. You rock," he said. I smiled, that's always one thing Ashton could do. No matter the situation, I would always be grinning. 

"I will, bye Ash."

I hung up the phone after he said his goodbye. Sometimes a short phone call with a great friend can turn your mood right around. He truly was a constant good in my life.

I left my room and wandered towards the kitchen. It was silent as usual. No TVs, dimly lit, the normal evening for me. I decided not to make anything difficult for myself because I was upset about Luke and now with Ashton because I just wanted to hangout with a friend just to talk and relax with. Tonight was a night I didn't want to exactly be by myself.

Cereal it was for me. Usually I would be doing my homework right now as well, but I knew I wasn't going to do it tonight anyways and would just face the consequences tomorrow. It's not like they can kick me out of school.

I just stirred around my cereal with a spoon. I didn't even really want to eat. I was bored and anxious and just wanted to sleep really. As I consumed myself with thoughts about the day, I heard a few knocks on my front door.

I wasn't expecting anyone, but I'm glad just someone was here. Whether it be the mailman or a friend.

I twisted the golden door knob and peaked my head around as it opened to see who it was. A familiar tall friend with messy curly hair was smiling down at me.

"Hey," Ashton said calmly. 

"Uh," I paused, opening the door all the way. "Hey. What's up? What are you doing here?" I asked.

He shifted his weight and took his hands out of his pockets. "Well, you sounded a tad bit upset on the phone and I decided to come on over. You don't mind right?" 

I shook my head, "Of course not. Please, come in. I'm dying of boredom." I laughed. 

I let him in and I headed back to my cereal and he followed my trail. "Want anything to eat?" I asked.

"I'll have whatever you're having," he smiled. He sat down across from where I was sitting a few minutes before. "I told Calum you weren't feeling well and he said he understood. I made sure to shower though before I came over," he laughed.

"I feel fine, you know?" I replied, looking over my shoulder to him as I poured cereal in a bowl. 

"Something's up. What's going on?" He asked. I had a feeling he knew what it was, but at the same time I could be wrong.

"It's nothing. I just had a long day." I shrugged, splashing milk over my counter from where it hit the cereal. I'd just clean it up later.

He stayed silent. Which is weird. He always has something to say. If he's quiet he's thinking too hard or  upset. And I didn't really like either of those things because he's too great of a person to feel like crap, you know?

I dropped his bowl of cereal in front of him and I sat down. He thanked me quietly, he seemed a little uneasy, which again was strange.

"Are you alright?" I awkwardly laughed. "You seem a little...tense?" 

He glanced up at me while picking up his spoon. "Oh yeah, I'm fine! I was just thinking of what has got you upset." He stared deeply into his bowl of cereal. What a weird kid. He stirred it around and shoved a big spoonful into his mouth. "Is this about Luke?" He asked, not even pretending he didn't have food in his mouth.

I shrugged, "No."

"Shut up," he replied. "I know you Ands. Why is a boy getting to you?" 

I groaned, "I don't know. He just hasn't talked to me all day and it's weird. Why am I so worked up about this?" I asked him, as if he'd have the answer.

He scrunched his face up in an usual way. "I'm not sure. You never care about boys. Why is Luke an exception?"

I paused. He was right. I never let boys get in the way of literally anything. Luke wasn't exactly getting in the way of things, but my feelings were being affected by him and not in a positive way. 

"Now Andy, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but if Luke is hard to read and unreliable then why are you going after him?" Ashton said. This sort of made me more upset. Not because he was right, but because I felt the need to defend myself.

"I like him, Ashton." I told him. 

"You aren't his type though." He mumbled, shoving more cereal into his mouth.

"And you know what Luke's type is?" I questioned. I wasn't exactly sure what was up his ass, but I didn't like it. 

He swallowed his food before speaking to me this time. He held up his hand to start counting of things. "Tattoos, piercings, a hot body, and a girl who loves to party."

"Well, I have a hot body," I joked. I knew my wide hips, muscular arms, and stretch marks on my belly weren't considered "hot" to a majority of the world, but I was okay with that.

"I know, but you're missing 3 other components there." He quickly responded. Something about Ashton telling me I have a hot body was demeaning, but also flattering. Also weird. Ashton's my friend, but I guess boys don't care what girl they're talking to.

I shook my head, "Well I think we fit just fine." 

"What about Kat?"He suddenly asked. I told him briefly about her, but I didn't think he felt the need to bring her up.

"What about her?" I snottily replied back. I leaned back in my chair as I readied myself to listen to him say something that I really didn't want to hear.

"Andy, I'm not trying to piss you off. All I'm saying is that when you first started hanging out with Luke he was still sleeping with Kat. That's a red flag to me," he explained. I really don't know why he's just now bringing this up, but it was really getting under my skin.

I groaned, "That doesn't mean anything about now."

"I guess." He shrugged. He peered up at me with a serious look."Just please be careful with him. He doesn't seem like he has the best intentions. I know you really like him, but I'm just trying to look out for you." Ashton explained.

In a way, he was right. I hadn't known Luke for nearly as long as I had Ashton or even Calum. Did I truly know Luke's intentions? No. I didn't live inside his brain. I just felt like it was right, though. And Ashton didn't understand that.

"Can we change the subject?" I asked politely, leaning back into my chair. He nodded and I looked around the room as if a subject was going to pop out of thin air. That's when I decided to turn it onto him. "So how's Blair? Are you guys still going to prom?"

He smiled. "Yeah. She got her dress the other day.  I haven't seen it or anything yet, but she told me it's a really deep green. I'm excited." He said. Ashton was beaming about this girl, it was so cute, really.

"Have you gotten your tux yet?"

"No." He laughed. He relaxed in his chair and spoke up again, "I can easily rent one, but finding a deep green tie is sort of difficult."

I shook my head and smiled at him. "We can go together," I told him.

We talked for a couple more hours. Just about everything. My dad coming home, school, school ended most importantly, and Luke a little more and Blair a little more and prom and just everything.

I was definitely going to prom, I knew that. I was going with Calum and Ashton and a few other of our friends. It was my junior year and I wasn't going to let being dateless ruin it for me. I personally enjoy dressing up and feeling pampered and this year I get to do it with my best friends.

Ashton drove home pretty late last night. Around 11. We were both pretty tired. After a few bowls of cereal with decided to split. Sitting and relaxing and talk about anything with my best friend is great at anytime. 

I dragged myself to my bathroom to remove all of my makeup and get undressed. Washing my face with cold water was the best feeling after a long day. I dug around the piles of clothes I had in my room and pulled out a big t-shirt. 

I checked my phone once again as I plugged it in. Nothing from Luke. I had a text from Calum surprisingly asking me to get dinner tomorrow after school. I said yes and laid in bed. I stayed up for hours just thinking. Luke, Kat, us, them, it all. It was a very annoying situation. 

I deserved someone who would stay loyal to me. This whole Kat bullshit was really getting under my skin. I realized they weren't together anymore, but that's still another girl he's seeing. There has to be something there and if I don't get to the bottom of this it's truly going to eat me alive. 

This outline of Luke was so hard to handle, but hot. His demeanor was rude and sexy and I really liked that about him. But his core, his inner self, was so pure. Kind and passionate and sweet. He was fidgety, yet could grab in all the right places. He was intelligent and book smart, but his common sense wasn't the strongest. Luke could be all wrong for me, but at this point I'm not even sure if I want Luke to be right for me.

-

UPDATE WOW!!

but please keep voting and commenting! i will have more coming soon <3

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

365K 13.1K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
556K 34.1K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
222K 9.1K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
all mine | pjm 🕷

Фанфик

9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...