Demons Together (A Blue Exorc...

By sunshinestar14

This is a Blue Exorcist Fanfiction! \(^o^)/ **************************************** After defeating Satan, t... More

1:Who are you?
2:It's just a dream
3:You're Real?!
4:Remembering You (part 1)
5:Remembering You(part 2)
6:Not What I Thought
7:How Did I Get Into This?
8:True Intentions
9:You're Brothers!
10:Waking Up Surprises
11:Properly Reunited
12:What To Do
13:For Now
14:The Exwires VS. The Naberius
15:I'm Sorry and Thank You
16:Doubts
17:Mr. Creepy Clown
18:Worries
18.5:Let's Scare!(Halloween Special)
19:I Need You
20:Ready For the Consequences
21: The Vatican Trial
22:Happy Birthday
23: Wake Up Rin!
24: The First Day
25: Sidetracked
26:Why?
27:The Familiar
28: Kina's Story (part 1)
29: Kina's Story (part 2)
30: Friends
31: Mount Hikaru
Tagged!
32: A Very Confusing Demon
33: Realizing
34: Out Of All The People.
36: A Bit Too Far
37: I Hope She Will
38: Missing Her
Got Tagged!
39: You Belong
40: Deal

35: Battle With Flames And Fists

1.7K 74 24
By sunshinestar14

***Third Person***

Ayana had to think quickly now. Things weren't going as well as she'd hoped. She didn't even have her sword with her either. Rin had his though. But, this wasn't even Rin. It was the Ryokō demon. Blue flames and black smoke engulfed him as his red eyes bored into Ayana like a needle. She hated it.

She missed Rin's blue eyes. She missed seeing that deep shade of a colour. Ayana wanted Rin back. The Rin she knew. The Rin she cares most about. But this damned Ryokō demon was in the way of all that.

"Hmm what to do, what to do~" Rin cooed as he smirked at Ayana, "oh I know! How about a little pain?"Suddenly, Rin sprinted towards Ayana with his sword in hand. She just barley dodged it. He was able to lightly nick her. A small line of red appeared across Ayana's cheek. She jerked around and glared at Rin. He chuckled. Ayana knew he was mocking her. He knew that she couldn't hurt him. This was Rin's body after all, "and again!" Rin cheered in a mocking way. He attacked again, however Ayana dodged this time, but Rin turned around and was able to lightly cut her arm through the black sleeve of her cloak.

The Ryokō demon in Rin's body turned and beamed at Ayana like a little kid playing a game.

These cuts that he made on Ayana should have healed already. She normally heals fast. But these cuts were healing a lot slower than she expected. It must have been because Kurikara was a demon-slaying sword. It was meant for demons, and Ayana was part demon as well. The Ryokō demon was using it to his advantage. The cuts still healed though. Steam streamed from the wounds and eventually healed fully, not even leaving a scar.

"Hmm" Rin observed. Then ran towards Ayana at full speed. She jumped into the air and landed on a tree branch. She looked to the ground but didn't see Rin. She looked around until he appeared behind her. He attempted to kick her but Ayana ducked and dodged once again. Rin kicked her again on the back though, and Ayana stumbled off the branch. However, she landed swiftly on the ground on her feet. Rin used the tree branch he was now on as a boost. He pushed his legs off the tree and was able to give another cut on her arm.

Steam slowly enveloped the wound again, and slowly begun to heal. Not as fast as Ayana hoped once again. Ayana was also still part human, so this sword is also not as effective.

"Hmm," Rin mumbled, "I had a feeling that this sword probably wouldn't work that much on you. But I guess it does a bi-"

Rin was cut off when Ayana was running full speed his direction. She jumped into a spin, and kicked Kurikara out of his hands into a bush. She landed on the ground and then kicked him on the chest, sending him flying into a fallen tree. Dust engulfed the area. When it cleared, Ayana saw Rin propped against the bark. Both his elbows resting on top of it, and his head dropped down.

He and Ayana both were covered in dust and leaves.

Rin's head slowly lifted again revealing his amused expression,"so you don't mind hurting this kid huh?" He said.

"Rin won't mind if I give him a few punches and kicks here and there." Ayana replied, "might even bring him back to his senses." Rin pushed himself to his feet, and grinned at her,

"This probably might be the most fun I've had in years!"

Ayana glared, "I don't really care about that. Just give-"

He cut her off,"Aww why not? Aren't you having fun too?"

"No"

"...You're no fun."

"I thought you were having fun?"

"Ha! I'm seeing if you were paying attention!"

Once again. Ayana thought. This demon is so confusing.

"Just give Rin back. Let him go." Ayana demanded.

"Hmph,"Rin gave her another amused expression. He started lightly hopping on the spot. He looked like he was getting ready to fight, "make me."

Him nor Ayana had any weapons with them now. Just themselves and their flames. Ayana knew this would end up being quite something. She didn't really want to fight him. It was still Rin's body. She needed to get him back though. It didn't look like Ryokō was going to let him go at all. But like she said before... Rin won't mind if she gave him a few punches and kicks here and there.

Purple flames then engulfed Ayana's entire body. She wearily watched Rin, as a dark shadow appeared across her face. Ryokō in Rin's body grinned at this response, and his blue flames grew larger. He then said,

"Then shall we play?"

***

Kina groaned as she pushed her body off the ground. The last thing she remembered was being thrown across the forest, then hitting a tree. Everything after that went black. She looked around at her surroundings. All she saw were trees and bushes around her.

"Ayana?" Kina called, "Ayana! Where are you?!"

She then heard crashing in the distance. Lots of loud crashing. Kina turned her head to the direction of the sounds. She got up and followed it. As she was making her way to the sounds, she could feel the air around her getting warmer.

Warmer and warmer.

Not too long later, she made it. And her eyes widened. Blue flames everywhere. Purple flames everywhere.

She saw Ayana and Rin in the middle of it all. Having an all out battle. It was a battle with flames and fists. And as Kina watched, she wasn't sure who was winning at all.

Ayana put her palms on the ground and purple flames appeared from the ground around Rin. She now had him trapped. Did she do it? Kina thought. Did she win?

Kina then saw Ayana clench her teeth. Rin then just... Walked through the flames and out?

Kina wondered. Did Ayana just let him out? They then started fighting again. Ayana kept dodging the red-eyed Rin as he kept attacking with his long claws. Kina then knew why. She knew Ayana couldn't fatally hurt him. Ayana cares way too much for him to do that. So she couldn't exactly go full out either. Ayana had told Kina about her relationship with Rin. About what had happened between them. And how they were the best of friends and promised to be "demons together". Kina thought that was quite corny. But she found it really cute as well. She envied a relationship like that. She wanted something like that too. Then Ayana told her on their way to this mountain,

"Then how about you and I Kina?"

"Us?"

"Yeah. After really getting to know you too, I feel like we've gotten really close. Don't you think?"

"I guess"

"So we can be best friends too right, Kina?"

Kina looked at Ayana's large, toothy grin and ended up grinning too, "okay!"

Kina had grown really fond of Ayana. She wanted to become even closer. She was her familiar after all, and she wanted to protect Ayana with all her might. However, right now, Kina wasn't sure when she should join Ayana to help. Her and the possessed Rin, wouldn't stop fighting. The timing wasn't right for Kina to help. And Ayana seemed to be doing okay too. She was dodging most of his attacks and she wasn't that hurt either.

Kina looked around and realized that they were no longer near Hoshi. How were they supposed to do the ritual that would give the mountain back to Hoshi and hopefully free Rin; if they weren't even near him? They needed to get Rin close enough to that place. But how? Kina couldn't really do much to help right now, since she might mess up what Ayana's doing. But Ayana couldn't do this by herself either. Kina thought for a while. Then she knew.

"Ah!" She quickly engulfed herself in white smoke and turned into an eagle, then flew off to do what she had to do.

Meanwhile, Ayana continued to fight. This Ryokō demon really was using Rin's power to its full potential. They were basically on par with Ayana's. When their flames collided, they ended up cancelling each other out. But neither of them were actually making progress during this battle. If either of them did any harm on each other, they'd just heal right away.

"This isn't really working is it." Ryokō in Rin's body said as he panted. Ayana didn't reply. She only slowly panted as well; but he knew that she agreed.

"Then... why don't you just let him go?" Ayana finally asked, "neither of us will win this if it continues like this."

"...you're right." Replied Rin,"but that won't do. Someone needs to win."

Without Ayana realizing he was already directly in front her and gave her a hard punch in the gut. She flew back into a tree. Then, Ayana jerked her head up. Pushed herself off the tree and gave Rin a spinning kick across the forest.

Ayana ran after Rin and found him back where they started this one-on-one battle. He was lying in front of the wishing well where Hoshi brought Remi.

Rin pushed himself up, and stood up. He glared at Ayana.

"I'm getting so tired of this." He said.

"Then stop and give Rin back."

He was silent for a moment. Then said, "you won't stop asking that will you?"

"Nope," she replied and Rin sighed. He seemed to be a bit more tired now. Then Ayana said, "you don't seem like you think of this as some 'game' anymore"

Rin glanced at her and leaned back against the well; resting his hands on the ledge,"it's getting boring. The same thing keeps happening."

"Then-"

"-just give Rin back?"

"... Yeah."

"... No. Just go away. Leave this mountain and never come back."

"No"

"You're stubborn aren't you?"

"So are you." Ayana started to step towards Rin and so he was about to stop leaning against the well, however his hand slipped back into it instead.

Ayana stopped as Rin hissed. He quickly pulled back his hand and looked at it. Steam appeared from his hand as part of it burned.

"What's this?" The red eyed Rin questioned, and looked at the water inside the well.

"Holy water" Ayana mumbled.

"... Holy water... Huh..."

They were both silent for a while. Ayana watched as Rin intently watched the still water inside the well. He walked beside the well so Ayana saw his face from the side. He leaned over the well so his face hovered over the water. Ayana furrowed her brows, but then her eyes widened as Rin then smirked and her started to hover his hands over the water.

"Ryokō... You wouldn't..."

There was a glint in his red eyes and he looked at Ayana, "you thinking what I'm thinking, Ayana?"

"I really hope not."

He chuckled and said, "I think I've just found a way to end this!"

Ayana's eyes were filled with a mix of anger and horror,"No" she said with venom,"Don't you dare!"

"Too late!" Rin rapidly put his hand into the well. You could hear his hand sizzle. Ayana screamed.

He then pulled his hand out. Rin's hand was covered in holy water. It was red and burned and steaming. The pain seemed to not surprise him like the first time, so he was grinning the whole time like some masochist. He beamed at Ayana,

"Now I can actually give you a proper punishment! Unlike what's been happening before."

Ayana saw his hand moving back to the water inside the wishing well,

"No no no!" Ayana yelled as she ran Rin's direction to stop him. However, his hand splashed the water and out of the well, right towards Ayana. She skidded to a stop and covered her face as she ducked to the side. She made a wall of flames in front of herself, but that didn't have any effect. The holy water still hit her through the flames, since holy water overpowers her demonic flames. It hit her left arm. She hissed as her arm sizzled and burned. She put her other hand over it, but jerked it back right after. She looked at her palm seeing it also burning and sizzling.

"Ah this will work much better~" Rin mused. His hand was burning even more. Ayana didn't know what was going to become of that hand by the end of this, "so you ready?"

Rin took a step forward. Ayana took a step back.

"I'm going to enjoy this." He said.

"Why... Are you doing this?" Ayana asked,

"Well it's fun to bully you. It's like when I used to tease Hoshi!"

"... That's not fun."

He shrugged,"I think it is."

He took another step forward. She took another step back.

"I don't." Said Ayana.

"Eh. Who cares what you think?"

"...I do?"

"... Okay?"

Another step forward. Another step back.

Rin smirked at Ayana,

"What is this I see?... Is that... fear?" He mocked.

Ayana didn't reply. She wasn't going to admit she was scared, but she wasn't going to deny it either. She was scared. Scared for Rin. Scared of what was going to happen to the both of them. She didn't know what was going to happen. She didn't want Rin to get hurt even more. His hand especially was in terrible condition. She needed to do something to get both herself and Rin out of this.

So... Ayana ran.

And Ryokō came after her, straight behind.

A/N:
Hey people! Liking the story? Please Vote, Comment and See you soon! ^.^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 209 27
"Flames may always cause destruction, but the purest are so much more than they think." Rin thought he finally found a normal life. He had friends. A...
1.8K 47 2
[Post-anime first season] The Blue Night events had an effect in the lifes of basically everyone, and so you joined the Exorcist student program. H...
21.8K 640 25
Raven is a 15 year old girl who lives with two other boys and their adoptive father, Shiro Fujimoto, but after a certain turn of events. Raven is for...
2K 68 8
{Discontinued} Two fraternal twins who live in Los Angeles, with their mother who's Shiro's little sister who's also an exorcist . Mira Fujimoto. As...