Can Destiny Be Changed? | A V...

By PrincessSerenity16

"It all started with a dream...." Lily Adachi, a 17 year old noble vampire hunter was cursed on the day that... More

About the OC
Chapter 1: Dreams
Chapter 2: Voices of the Past
Chapter 3: The Night Class
Chapter 4: It Will All Eventually Return
Chapter 5: Shards of Memories
Chapter 6: The Inconditional Love We Once Shared
Chapter 7: Confessions of Love
Chapter 8: He Returns
Chapter 9: Seeking Forgiveness
Chapter 10: The Stormy Night that Changed Everything
Chapter 11: The Class Trip
Chapter 12: The Island of Our Memories
Chapter 13: Our Passionate Evening in the Moonlight
Chapter 14: Yuuki's Envy
Chapter 15: The Past Returns
Chapter 16: Hidden Feelings
Chapter 17: My Feelings Conveyed Through a Song
*Watch Out Guys!*
Chapter 18: The Secret to the Curse
Chapter 19: Hideki's Resolve
Chapter 20: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 21: Going Back in Time
Chapter 23: Blessings
Chapter 24: Shattered Hearts
Chapter 25: Tears of Regret
Chapter 26: A Sticky Situation
Chapter 27: The Mission Begins
Chapter 28: Revelation
Chapter 29: The Blood Moon
Chapter 30: Two Months Later
Chapter 31: The Race for the Scroll
Chapter 32: Yami's Plan
Chapter 33: This is Our Destiny
Chapter 34: Moving Forward
Chapter 35: Together Forever
Epilogue: Here's to Our Future
Thank you!
OMG 80K Reads!

Chapter 22: A Date To Remember

1.6K 43 6
By PrincessSerenity16

*Lily's PoV*

The sun shined proudly in the sky, the both of us had just woken up and prepared ourselves for the day.

As I was sitting on the bed brushing my hair, I looked over at Kaname who was looking out the window.

"Kaname."

"Hm?" He said, looking over at me.

"Doesn't the sun bother you? I mean... you're a vampire. Vampires are awake at night, and you've been awake all day for I don't know... Almost four days now?" I said a bit worriedly.

"It's alright. I can manage the sun but for a time. I do sometimes get a bit tired, and tend to take naps during the day." He said as he was looking out the window.

"Oh I see.." I said.

"So, what would you like to do today, Lily?"

I pondered this for a second. I want it to be something to remember... I looked outside, and saw that there was snow on the ground. It must have snowed last night...

It's weird... It never snows in the Ishigaki Islands, since it's always warm there. But anyways...

I guess we can go shopping in town! That sounds like fun!

"Let's go around for a walk in town! We can do a lot of things there!" I said cheerfully.

He chuckled. "All right."

"And by the way, I'll make you your breakfast today. I'm sure that will be a relief for your servants." I said cheerfully.

"You don't have to-" I interrupted him.

"I want to do it." I said with a smile.

"All right, then..." He said.

The both of us left the room after getting ready and in the hallway, we happened to come across Aido, who's half asleep returning to his room.

"Hey, Aido.." I said, greeting him.

He looked up at me with groggy eyes, smiling approaching me. "Seira... I didn't know you would come see me at this time. Hehe... I didn't know you missed me that much... It's ok. You can come cuddle with me back in my room."  He said as he was about to take my hand.

"Aido." Kaname said, glaring at him.

"Yeeees?" He said, still half asleep. Oh, no... He doesn't know what he's getting himself into..

With that, Kaname slapped him hard on the face, Aido's face moving to the side.

He widened his eyes when he saw both Kaname and I, and realized what he just did.

"L-Lord Kaname.... I'm truly sorry! I thought that she was Seira for a second because of the pink hair..." He said regretfully.

"I expect that you do not mistake my lover to be yours. Seira has green eyes. Lily has blue. You can easily tell."

"I-I was half asleep... Sorry! You can punish me as much as you need to, Lord Kaname!" He said.

Kaname just sighed in annoyance and shook his head.

"Whaaat? Did you just say Seira...? And from what you just said..." I said with a smirk.

"She and I are together, yes... It all happened so quickly, I know." He said, scratching his head, blushing.

I then approached him this time. "You better make my sister happy, or else..."

I put my fingers in the form of a gun and pointed it to his forehead.

He put both his hands up. "Don't worry! I'll love and cherish your sister, so rest easy!"

I then smiled happily. "Thank you. At least I don't have to worry about her being alone now. Take care of her, ok? Make her the happiest woman." I said.

"I will. Now if you will excuse me... I'm going back to bed. I'm exhausted..." He said, walking back to his room with a yawn.

"Hehe, I knew that those two would become an item. It reminds me when you and I met again." I said with a giggle.

"It was obvious. And I knew that you had something for me the moment our eyes met on your first day of duties."

"Yes that is true, and I won't deny it."

The both of us smiled as we made our way down to the Moon Dorm's kitchen.

We then made it down to the kitchen, and it was huge! It reminds me of the kitchen back at the Adachi residence.

"Strange... In all these years I've been here, I've never been once in here." Kaname said, looking around.

I laughed. "That's because you rely on your servants all the time to cook for you, therefore you don't need to worry about even stepping foot here."

"It's going to be interesting seeing you cook. I'm surprised. You are basically a noble, yet you know how to cook?"

"Well... It's mandatory to know how to cook by the age of 11 in my family, to then marry someone at the age of 12. That's how it works. However... My parents didn't have time to teach me, since they were very busy during vampire hunter missions, so the maids taught me a bunch of recipes." I said as I took out the ingredients. I've decided to make a simple breakfast: tamagoyaki served with daikon on the side.

Honestly, I have to say that tamagoyaki is my favorite breakfast to eat in the mornings. I just love the fluffy texture of it.

As I began beating the eggs, I can tell from my peripheral vision that Kaname is staring at me, interested.

Hiding my nervousness, I added the milk to the egg mixture and continued beating them until I heard a chuckle.

"You're so cute, Lily." I then felt a pair of arms around me.

My face turned tomato red.

"Is it alright if I watch you cook this way....? I think I can learn a few things from you." He said softly.

"Uh-umm..."

"Just teasing you." He said, pinching my cheek.

"Ugh..."

He loves to tease me in every way...

I then added some of the mixture in the pan, waiting for it to cook, so that I can begin rolling it with the chopsticks, to then add more of it to increase the size of the roll itself.

"Hey, Kaname. Can you help me by cutting these daikon?"

He smirked. "Of course I can."

I smiled and continued rolling up the tamagoyaki, while adding small slices of cheese.

"I am finished."

"Eh?!" I said surprised looking to my left where he stood.

There were perfectly cut daikon on the plate.

"Haha... For a man who hasn't even set foot in the kitchen, you sure get things done well."

"It's not that much of a challenge." He said with a chuckle.

I smiled.

After I finished cooking them both, I put them into plates and added daikon to the side.

"Breakfast is served!" I said cheerfully.

I then served some tea along with the breakfast and the both of us made our way to the dining room, and sat across from each other.

As we began eating breakfast, I looked over at him.

"U-um... How does it taste?" I said nervously as I saw him eat the first bite.

"Delicious. You really are good in the kitchen. I applaud you." He said satisfied.

I blushed. "Thank you..."

The both of us sat at the table, having a casual conversation.

"Today's the day that Yuuki and the others come back from the class trip."

"Yeah, I know! It's going to be nice to see Takuma and the others! I feel like it's been a while since I last saw them!" I said excitedly.

"Yes. Everything will be back to normal. Only thing is..."

"...I'm going back home, yes. But Seira, Daisuke, and Hiroki are still going to be here. And my grandfather might let me come here during the night to spy on Maria, so I'll still be able to see you around, you're just going to be in class." I said.

"That won't stop me from leaving the class to come and see you. I can always leave the Night Class to Ichijo when I have to, and we can have those... what does Aido call those? Ah, yes. I believe they are "make-out sessions?"

What?!

"I'm going to be very lonely here in these dorms without you during the day. I think I would need a recharge from you to motivate me."

"A-all right fine. But just know that I have to get this mission done and over with. It's really getting on my nerves. The Association President won't shut up about it, and well, I haven't gotten my hands dirty in a while." I said with a smirk.

"Now that is something I don't hear from you everyday." He said.

"It's my job!" I said proudly. "I have to carry on with my father's work and kill all the vampires that do bad. That way, we can truly find peace. Well, that's what I believe. I don't know if that's what my father believed."

"I'm sure he had his own beliefs, but whatever way it was, I'm sure that it was for the greater good even if his purpose was different." Kaname said.

"You were pretty quiet back at the cemetery." I said.

"That's a way I pay my respects. I do not speak during funerals. I told your father mentally that even if he didn't accept us, that I would fight for it, that I would get your family to accept us."

"Kaname...." I smiled happily. "Then I will as well!"

After breakfast ended, I went to go wash the dishes however all of a sudden I feel very weak and tired, on the verge of passing out. I put my hand on my forehead. But I'm not going to let that get the best of me. That's probably just part of the curse, and I just ignored it.

I finished washing the dishes and made my way to the living room, where Kaname was getting ready.

We finally are going on a date! It's been awhile since our most recent one was in the Ishigaki Islands. I can't wait!

We got our jackets on and I put on my ear muffs. We then left the Moon Dorms. It's a very peaceful and quiet morning. But it's pretty cold....

Every footstep we made, the crunching of the snow was heard.

Damn it... I forgot my gloves back at the dorms, and my hands are freezing...

I rubbed them together to get some warmth.

"Are you cold, Lily? Here, let me warm them up for you." He said as we stopped and put both his hands on mine.

His warm hands touched both of mine. I'm surprised... He's a vampire, and they are known for having cold skin...

"I'll get you a pair when we get to town.  We wouldn't want those beautiful hands of yours to freeze up, now wouldn't we?" He said in his usually soft tone.

"No..."

Then last night's thoughts come to mind. His warmth, his scent all over me... What am I thinking?! I shouldn't even be thinking about that!

I then let go of his hand. "Thank you... I'm fine now." I said, blushing.

He smirked. "You were just thinking naughty thoughts right now, weren't you...?" He said with a smirk.

"N-no I wasn't!" I said nervously.

"Your heartbeat just sped up."

"Ugh!" I said.

"I don't mind going back to the dorms and make love with you again. Just say the word, and your wish will be granted." He said seductively.

"I-it's fine..." I said. I had no other words to say.

He chuckled. "It's alright, Lily. Everyone has dirty thoughts once in a while."

"You don't have to point that out...Let's just go..." I said, looking away.

The both of us then continued walking and as we made it halfway out, the headmaster came running up to us, calling out to us.

"Kaname, Lily!"

The both of us looked back. "Oh, Headmaster! What's up?"

"Oh it's nothing important. I just wanted to see how you have been doing. But I see you've been doing fine!"

"I'm hanging in there, believe it or not. I'm enjoying this time right now, but I'm mentally preparing myself for this whole mission. Ugh, it's so annoying..."

"Hey, Lily. If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here. I can serve as a father-like figure to you! I'm all ears if you ever want to talk." He said with a kind smile.

"Thank you, Headmaster. I will." I said, happily smiling.

"And, Kaname. Thank you for taking care of Lily. I honestly think that if it wasn't for you, Lily would probably feel lonely."

"Well, even if she didn't have me by her side, she would have had her sister, her brothers, and her parents and friends. She's surrounded by so many people that care about her, and that makes me happy. She's changed my world. And I'm even more happier than I've ever been ever since she came into my life once again."

I smiled. "I'm happy you think that, Kaname." I said as I held his hand tightly.

"Sooo... You two going on a date?" The Headmaster said curiously.

"Yes, we are! We're going for a walk in town!" I said excitedly.

"Alright! You two have fun then, and be careful! It snowed last night, and some sidewalks may be slippery!" The Headmaster said as he made his way back to his residence, waving his hand up.

"Thanks for the warning, Headmaster." Kaname said with a chuckle.

The both of us then took a car to the nearby town.

*five minutes later*

The car then dropped us off at the entrance to town.

"Thank you. Can you please come back in 2 to 3 hours?" Kaname said.

"Yes, sir." The driver said.

We then entered town and there were people walking around, carrying shopping bags. Kids were running around, throwing snowballs at each other.

I smiled at them. "They look so cute..." I said.

"Yes, they do look adorable running around like that." He said.

Then we saw one kid that was behind the group that was behind, trying to catch up to his group. He slipped and fell and began crying. I quickly ran over to the little boy.

"Give me a second, Kaname. I'll be right back." I said as I ran over to the little boy.

"Are you ok? Where are you hurt?" I said worriedly. The boy continued crying, however he pointed to where he was hurt. His knee was scraped.

"Here. Let me heal that for you." I put my hand on his knee and closed my eyes. A golden light emitted from my hand and I heard that the boy stopped crying.

I then secretly took two candies from my pockets, and hid one of them in each of my hands.

"Pick a hand!" I said cheerfully.

"Ummm...This?" He said.

I opened my hand.

"Ta-da! For you!" I said as I handed the candy over to him.

"Coool. Thank you, Onee-san!" The boy said with a smile.

"Onee-san?"  I said questionably.

"Well, you seem like a big sister! You're so nice and kind, and you healed my boo-boo!" He said with a very happy smile.

"Hehe, thank you. But let's keep that between us, alright?" I said as I had a finger on my lips as I held out my pinky with my other hand.

"Yes!" He said as we brought our pinkies into a pinky promise.

"Be careful now! Don't fall and slip again!" I said.

"Ok!" He said as he left to go catch up with his group of friends.

Kaname came up to be and smiled. "He was right. Well, you have experience with Hiroki and Seira, right?"

"Haha, yes." I said.

"Now, let's go get you some gloves to warm up your hands." He said.

"All right." I said.

The both of us then made our way to a nearby clothes store and made our way inside.

"Welcome! What can I help you both today?"

"Oh, I just came to buy some gloves for my dear wife here, I don't want her precious hands to freeze up."

I blushed when he mentioned "wife".

"How cute! There are some nice selections over here!" The saleswoman said happily.

There were stylish ones to just simple ones.

"Pick any one you want, Lily." Kaname said.

"Are you sure? I can get it with my own-"

He then interrupted me.

"Don't worry about it. Let me get this for you..." He said.

I sighed. "Fine, if you insist."

I then looked around at the varieties of gloves. "It doesn't really matter the appearance. I have a nice spare at home. I'll just get these simple black ones. That ok with you?" I said.

"All right then." He said.

He then paid for the gloves and I put them on as we made our way out of of the store.

"Where would you like to go now, Lily?"

I looked around and I saw some people that were lined up for something. Actually in that area, there are a bunch of small open shops and decorations around that area. Oh, I see! Today's the Winter Festival! I forgot that they have it during this period of time!

"Hey, what is that over there?" I said.

"Must be some kind of haunted house kind of thing."

My eyes widened in excitement.

"Let's go there, Kaname!"

"In there?" He said.

"If you don't want to go, we don't have to..." I said.

"No. Let's go. I want to see what's within those kind of places." He said.

"You don't know what's in a haunted house?" I said curiously.

"I know what is in one. But I've never been in one."

I can just picture him being all scared... But I don't think that would be possible, considering that he doesn't fear anything. He's a vampire, of course. He can kill anything that even dares to threaten him.

The both of us then made our way to where the line of people were and the majority of the people were actually couples entering the place itself.

When it came to our turn to enter, I was kind of scared up to the point where I grabbed Kaname's arm tightly.

I heard a little chuckle from him and I pouted.

As we entered, there were flashing blue dim lights. I saw a skeleton in the corner covered in fake blood, looking at us. This really is scaring me....

"Help me....." A voice echoed.

I jumped in fear, and when I looked over at Kaname, he was chuckling.

"What's so funny?"

"The fact that that you, a vampire hunter that has faced evil spirits is scared of this nonsense. Did I also mention that you are dating a vampire as well?" He said as he made sure to emphasize the words vampire and evil spirits.

I blushed in embarrassment. "S-shut up.... Vampire hunters can be scared as well... They just hide their fears while on the job...." I said.

"Are you scared of me?" He said in a somewhat sad tone as the thunder and lightning boomed, showing his face.

"No...you're an exception. Even though Zero and the others see you as a monster, just know that my siblings and I don't despise your kind. Same goes for the Headmaster. I love you because of who you are. So I'm not scared of you one bit."

As we continued walking in the darkness, still hearing the creepy wails and screams, I still kept my eyes closed and shut. However, he spoke and answered. "I'm happy to hear that... I knew it all along... Ever since I was young, I always thought that there was someone missing in my life. Like you, I loved the significant other that I had, which at the time was Yuuki. Even with all the love I gave her, those times I went to go and see her, I felt an empty space in my heart. At the time, I didn't know those reasons and I ignored them. Until you appeared in my dreams and called out to me, telling me to save you. In reality, you told me that not only for that reason, but because you wanted to find me again, didn't you?"

I stayed quiet and just held his arm more tightly. Yeah, that was my past self... "Yeah...." I answered.

*Kaname's PoV*

We kept on walking through this ridiculous haunted house, however... Some kind of vision came to my head. Surrounding us was destroyed buildings, some of those homes still had smoke that was rising from them, and the sky was colored with a dark orange. Lily was on the ground, just barely catching her breath. I stood in front of her, not knowing what to do. She looks like she in terrible pain...

"Kaname, please.... Just kill me, it hurts! Free me from this pain!"  She said beggingly.

I saw her on the ground clutching her chest. Her face was pale. It didn't have that happy and gentle personality that it always had. Tears were running out from her eyes.

"I cannot do that, Lily! Killing you... I would have to live with that pain and guilt forever!"

She slid over a dagger over to me.

"Do it......please! Save me from this pain...!"

The vision ended right when we got out of the place. Eventually, she'll end up like that... I cannot let this become a reality...

I embraced her tightly.

"Kaname..."

"Promise me... That even if you feel pain in the end....Don't beg me to kill you."

"Why this all of a sudden....?"

"I'm just telling you before you yourself. Seeing you in pain is what I consider a nightmare. But... Killing you is not the answer." I said confidently.

"I know. We talked about this, didn't we? Like my father always told me, sometimes the impossible can become the possible."

I smiled. "Yes, that is a fact. Do you want to go get something to eat?"

She happily nodded her head.

We went into a nearby cafe, and we sat across from each other.

"Get anything you like, Lily." I said.

"Oh! No worries, I can pay for us!" She said.

"Don't worry about it. I'll pay." I insisted.

She sighed. "Fiiiine. You win." She said, pouting.

She's so cute.

After we asked for our dishes, Lily had her hand on her head. Her head was facing down.

"Lily, are you alright?" I said, holding my hand out to her.

She forced out a smile.

"I'm alright! Don't worry about it. Just a small headache, that's all! Nothing to worry about!" She said.

That might not be the only thing. Time passes quickly. She has a weak body because of that curse.

"Lily, if you're feeling sick, we can go back..." I said, worriedly.

"No, no! I'm ok, don't worry about it." She said.

*forty minutes later*

After lunch, we went to a few more stores, and it looked Lily was enjoying herself very much. And she bought quite a few things. Plus I ended up helping her carry a few bags.

While we were at the cafe, Lily was her usual cheerful self, however I knew that she was holding pain back, however I didn't say anything because she was really trying her best not to worry me.

I took Lily to a place where it had a beautiful view of the town itself. Small snowflakes began to fall from the sky.

"Sooo pretty...I've never seen this part of town before!" She said, looking at the view happily.

"I'm glad you like it." I said.

"Kaname, I had a great time today. Thank you. But, after today... I'm not going to be seeing you like I always see you like now. I have to focus on certain matters after today. Completing my mission, and finding a way to save my life."

I crashed my lips into hers without giving her breath.

"Mm!"

She dropped her bags and wrapped her arms around me tightly. Her lips taste like cherries...

After about a minute, our lips parted and we smiled at each other and Lily had a slight blush on her cheeks.

"As for the saving your life part, I'm going to be helping you with that. Whether we are near each other or not." I said.

Lily smiled happily in agreement and her eyes widened as if she remembered something.

"Oh, I almost forgot! I got you something!" Lily then from one of her shopping bags took out a small box.

"Here! It's nothing really fancy, but I hope you'll accept it!" She said looking away with a blush.

I smiled. "Of course I will..."

I opened the gift and it was a red stringed bracelet with a yellow star for a charm.

"It's a good luck charm! I blessed it with some of my powers, so that it will protect you!"

It warms my heart very much... I put it on right away.

It really does feel like it's protecting me...

"Thank you very much... I'll treasure it." I said.

Once again, our lips met once again. This to me, will always be a date to remember.... I'm sure Lily feels the same...

~I'll show you a sweet dream next night~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 924 52
"Are you lost little girl........i want your blood" the vampire then pushed my sister and went to attack her. she screamed "noo don't". she was so l...
42.3K 1.2K 54
One day, a girl named Rose Belcourt enters Cross Academy and assumes the role of a guardian with Yuki and Zero. Although she may seem normal, there i...
12.5K 508 20
Mizuki Cross is a hotheaded individual with the calm Kaname Kuran consistently over her shoulder. She's been feeling strange around him, but knowing...
552K 16.8K 28
As the new transfer student in Cross Academy, you discover vampiric secrets and forbidden love there. Which vampire will capture your heart? This is...