Perfectionist (Narry AU)

Door ChocoholicMoony

Perfectionist, as in someone who has to have everything go their way, or else they might freak out. Well, tha... Meer

Perfectionist (Narry AU)
Prelude
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Just a Note
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Epilogue
NOTE

Chapter Twelve

9.7K 354 212
Door ChocoholicMoony

I couldn't help it. I had to update it :)

The next morning, Niall woke up to Liam shaking him.

“Niall,” Liam said quickly. “We have to get going. It is ten-thirty, and I was thinking we could stop at McDonald’s on the way there and get some breakfast. I figured you’d want to eat, after consuming three plates of Mrs. Tomlinson’s spaghetti last night.”

Niall smiled at that. He quickly got up, and looked at Louis, who was peacefully sleeping. He made way to wake up his boyfriend, when Liam stopped him. “Don’t,” Liam whispered. “Let him sleep.” Niall only nodded, and then walked over to the loveseat, as if he was thinking he could go back to sleep, but Liam stopped him.

During the night, Niall had insisted that Liam take the loveseat, but Liam hadn’t wanted to. When Liam pointed out that Niall would be more comfortable on the loveseat than Liam, considering how the bleached-blonde boy was smaller than the taller brunette, Niall couldn’t find a decent argument with that, so he simply sighed, and consented with sleeping on the loveseat. Liam slept on the floor, further away from the bed, because Louis asked Niall to pull the couch over next to the bed so Niall could sleep closer. Niall didn’t think Liam liked that too much, in case something were to happen to Louis’s heart rate or breathing in the middle of the night, because then it would be hard to help him at all.

Liam and Niall hopped into the red cab of Niall’s pickup truck, and Niall started the engine. He was glad it was a soft engine, and did not roar to life, as it used to. He had fixed it after his older brother, Greg, had passed it down onto him once Niall got his license. Otherwise, the engine had been super loud, and extremely annoying.

They pulled out of the driveway, and Liam helped Niall out with where to go, and keeping Niall awake. When they arrived at McDonald’s, however, Niall seemed to snap right awake. He called out his order, four Egg McMuffins, two large Diet Cokes, and then Liam’s order, one Egg McMuffin, and a McCafe. When they pulled up to the pay-window, Niall handed over fifteen euros, and then they pulled up to the window where they handed the food over. The lady peered into the truck, as though she was expecting there to be more than just Niall and Liam in the truck.

Niall gave the lady a dirty look, and she quickly handed over their food. Niall could’ve sworn he caught her giving her the finger as they pulled away though.

“Rude service,” Niall commented. “That’s why I like Nandos. There, they’re proud to serve with a smile.”

“I think she thought we were pigs,” Liam said. “After all, you did order two Diet Cokes.”

“So?” Niall asked. “Nandos would be expecting that.”

“I’m taking it you go to Nandos a lot?”

“Nandos is the best,” Niall replied, in a way that he hoped would make Liam realize he was asking a stupid question, and that the conversation was closed.

They didn’t really talk that much anymore as Niall munched on his food and tried driving at the same time. Somehow, Niall was able to finish his four McMuffins, and one Diet Coke before Liam finished his one McMuffin, and McCafe. They stopped at both Liam and Niall’s houses quick to change, and by then, it was nearing quarter to noon. At five to noon, they pulled into the parking lot in the hospital, and Liam got out of the truck. He then waited for Niall, who quickly grabbed his last remaining Diet Coke, which was still surprisingly three-quarters full.

They walked into the hospital, where Liam was instantly greeted by a man with warm brown eyes and curly-ish brown hair. He seemed kind, and looked it too. Niall smiled shyly at him.

“Hello, Liam,” the man said. “Who is your friend you brought today?” Niall thought he detected an American accent coming from the guy.

“Dr. Jonas, this is my friend Niall Horan. He was hoping to be able to become CPR certified. Niall, this is my friend here who lets me watch him, and he’s also the advisor for the CPR class here, Dr. Daniel Jonas. He came all the way from America just to be a doctor here in Britain.”

Niall smiled at Dr. Jonas. “Nice to meet you sir.”

“Please, don’t call me sir. You can call me Dr. Jonas, and once we become friends like Liam and I have been, I might let you call me Daniel. Liam here refuses to call me that though, because he thinks that it sounds improper.”

Niall chuckled. It seemed like that was Liam. After all, he may not have known Liam that long, but he seemed like the kind who always was polite. He didn’t seem like he would be able to look a grownup in the eye and call them by their first name. It just didn’t seem like the type of person Liam was. Liam, who was too scared to talk to his crush in fear of rejection. Hell, he even called Johannah Mrs. Tomlinson, despite the fact that she insisted on him calling her Johannah.

“Sounds like Liam,” Niall said, just as his cell phone went off, signaling he had a text from Louis. Niall quickly opened his cell phone, while getting a weird look from Dr. Jonas and Liam, probably because his ringtone had been Boyfriend by Justin Bieber. The text made Louis sound furious.

Where r u? U have me worried sick.

“Just a minute,” Niall muttered to Dr. Jonas and Liam, although he wasn’t sure why. He quickly replied:

Im @ hospital w/Liam. Remember?

“Is everything okay, Niall?” Liam asked, sounding worried.

“Yeah,” Niall replied. “Lou’s just worried ‘bout me, that’s all. He didn’t know where I went.”

Liam only nodded, as though he didn’t quite believe Niall. Niall shrugged it off, though. It rather seemed as though he was becoming paranoid lately. He let out a quick sigh, and then smiled, just as his phone went off again.

Next time, just tell me, k?

Course, Lou :)

“Everything’s okay,” Niall asserted to Liam, as though he was trying to convince himself as well as Liam. That was absurd though, right? Because, it wasn’t like Niall didn’t know everything was fine, after all he wouldn’t say it if he didn’t fully believe it was true, right?

Love u babe xoxo

Niall couldn’t believe Lou had called him babe. It just didn’t seem like the type of thing Lou would do. They normally called each other their full names, unless Niall was calling him Lou. They had never used nicknames like babe, honey, or anything like that. Niall wasn’t expecting them to call each other that until after the second or third date. That’s how it happened in all those romance movies Niall used to watch with his mum. And why had Louis said he loved Niall? After all, they hadn’t even been on one date. They couldn’t know their feelings for each other, could they? How were they supposed to know that they were in love when they hadn’t been out on a date yet?

Not rdy 4 ‘l’ word, yet, Lou :|

He hoped that would satisfy Louis for right now, because he was speaking the truth.

“Can you turn your phone on silence for right now?” Liam asked, as though he was losing patience.

“Yeah, of course,” Niall said, taking his phone back out quick, and turning it onto silence.

Liam nodded once, seeming happy again, and then he and Dr. Jonas started walking away. Niall had to hurry to catch up quickly, while taking a quick sip from his Diet Coke. By the time they got to the room in the hospital where Niall figured they were going, the Diet Coke was gone. He threw it into the garbage can, and then turned to Liam, and smiled.

“This the room?” he asked. Liam nodded once.

“I know you’re going to have fun, Niall. You’ll love doing CPR, feeling as though you can save people. It was becoming CPR certified that made me want to be a doctor. The only reason why I became CPR certified in the first place was because my mum wanted me to.”

“Really?” Niall asked. He liked learning new things about Liam. It was so nice to be able to talk to Liam without having to worry about too much, like Louis right now. Something told Niall that Lou just didn’t like Liam. Maybe it would be better to keep the two of them apart for now. Just until Niall could figure out why Lou did not like Liam. Who wouldn’t like Liam? He was the nicest guy in the world, besides Harry. Well, Harry was nice, until he punched Lou’s face.

“Yep,” Liam said. “Class is going to be starting soon. I’ll be helping out Dr. Jonas, just for today. I help him out here on Saturdays with the class, but otherwise I make my daily routines around, and help out other doctors run errands and stuff. So, you’ll be on your own tomorrow.”

It was then that the first person, besides Liam, Dr. Jonas, and Niall walked into the class. Niall couldn’t believe it. This was the last place he expected to see him. Niall had been hoping he wouldn’t of had to see him until it was absolutely necessary. Maybe he could tell Liam that he couldn’t stay, that he changed his mind. Liam would understand, wouldn’t he?

The boy’s cold eyes met Niall’s wary blue ones.

“Horan,” he spat. “What are you doing here?”

Dun dun duh. What did you guys think? It’s still longer than most of the chapters, except the last two. Those were both long. Expect this to be the norm, because I’ve become better at writing long chapters for this book :) YAY! Who do you guys think is the mystery guy? I didn’t give too much away on who it was. If you can guess, then I shall dedicate the next chapter to you :) First to guess right gets the dedication :) And I would just like to say, thank you guys for not hating me for all the cliffhangers I’ve been putting in this book. I just LOVE my cliffhangers, and making you guys suspenseful for a new chapter. Maybe I’ll keep it up and update soon again. Yep yep. Thanks for reading though. Oh, what did you guys think of Lou’s text? The love u babe xoxo one. Answer the questions I ask for crying aloud! Don’t ignore my questions! I ask them to know your feedback, not just for the fun of it. :) Happy reading.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

17.1K 202 19
After Mockingjay we all thought that Katniss and Peeta would live happy, stress and terror free lives. Unfourtantely this is not the case. Katniss an...
45.4K 955 38
Bilbo Baggins didn't expect to have to raise another child other than Frodo, but one night Gandalf came carrying an elf baby and begging Bilbo to hel...
1.3M 56.9K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
466 66 12
Ulisses is adapting to his new prosthetic leg. More than phantom limb syndrome, what haunts the former Brazilian figure skating promise is the fear o...