Time changes everything

By __Pllobsessed__

This story is 5 years into the future, when everyone comes back to Rosewood. Spencer is currently dating Cale... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
The biggest mistake of my life

Chapter 7

691 16 1
By __Pllobsessed__

-the next day-

Spencer's pov:
I wake up to a throbbing head, and a memory that's not working... Last night is a blur. The last thing I remember was sitting on a bench by myself drinking beer... Wait... Where am I? I stand up from the couch I was previously sleeping on and take a quick look at where I am. This isn't my hotel room. Oh yeah... I forgot about the Caleb thing... I must've come here because I didn't want to face Caleb... How did I get here? Who's hotel room is this? Is it mine or one of my friends? I sit down on the couch and start to think, when Emily walks in.

"Hey Spence. I see that you're up. Are you feeling ok?"

"I'm fine. I just have a really bad hangover. Do you know what happened last night?"

"All I know, is that Toby called me telling me you were drunk."

Wait... Toby was there? I don't remember him being there... Wait! I'm starting to remember something!

"Caleb doesn't love me..." I say while crying on his shoulder.

"Spencer... That's crazy... Of course he loves you"

"No he doesn't. I heard him telling Hanna that he still has feelings for her" I start to cry harder, and he wraps his arms around my waist. His touch is comforting.

"That's Caleb's loss. It's a shame he can't see how great you are."

I look at him. He's so sweet, trying to make me feel better like this. I feel safe in his arms. I never want him to let me go. I get lost in the moment and I start to lean in. I know that what I'm about to do is wrong, but who cares? Yolo. I close the distance between our faces and kiss him. To my disappointment, he pulls away... I give him a sad, and questioning look.

"Spencer... You're drunk. I can't take advantage of you like this. I care about you too much to do that"

(End of flash back)

Wait, what?! I kissed Toby? Oh god... He probably hates me...

"Spence? Spencer?! Spencer!" Emily says with her voice growing with more concern each time she says my name.

I snap out of my thoughts and look at her. "What? Sorry... I spaced out..."

"Yeah, I can see that. I was saying that you are welcome to stay here as long as you'd like. I know the whole thing with Caleb must he hard."

"Wait... How do you know about that? Did Toby tell you?"

"No... You told me last night. Wait... You told Toby? Why?"

"I don't know... Just forget about it"

"Ok. I'm going out with Paige in a little bit, so you might want to go get your stuff from your old hotel room here before we leave."

"But I don't want to face Caleb..."

"You don't have to talk to him... Just quickly get your stuff and leave..."

I sigh. "Ugh. Fine."

"Be back in no longer than an hour and a half, or else you'll be sitting by the door waiting for us to come back."

I leave Em's hotel room and go to the hotel I was previously staying at. I still have the key to the room, so I unlock the door. Hopefully Caleb isn't here. Please don't be here, please don't be here. I walk inside. Great. That's just my luck. He's here.

"Spencer! You're back!" He says with a smile.

"Not for long." I mumble as I walk past him.

"Spencer... Babe, come on."

"I'm not your 'babe' so don't call me that!"

"Spencer, Hanna and I are over. I don't have feelings for her anymore. I thought you said you believed me."

"I did believe you. Until I over heard you telling Hanna that you still have feelings for her at the brew!"

His eyes widen. "Spencer. Please, let me explain."

"No!" I shout. "I don't need an explanation! What are you going to explain, huh?! That all I am to you is a side chick?!"

"Spencer that's not true!"

I take a deep breath in. "Look, I didn't come here to argue, ok? I came to get my stuff. And after that, I'm staying with Emily in her apartment for the rest of the trip."

"Spencer, don't do that. Let's talk about this. Let's fix this."

I try to stay calm, but I can't. "I don't wanna fix this!" I deeply inhale, and then I exhale. "There's nothing to talk about, we're done, and you're not changing my mind." I brush past him, gather my stuff, and head back to Emily's. A few minutes after I get back to Emily's hotel room, Emily and Paige leave, and I'm left alone with my thoughts. I feel bad about kissing Toby. He's in a relationship, and if Yvonne finds out, she might dump him. I don't want him to lose Yvonne because of me. I want to call him and ask if we can meet up somewhere so we can talk, but he probably doesn't want to see me... I just really want to apologize to him about last night. I didn't know what I was doing... I make up my mind and decide to call him... Ring ring ring

"Hello?" He says

"Hey Toby..."

"Uh... Hey..."

"Um... I wanted to know if you could meet me at the brew. I just wanted to apologize to you in person about last night."

"Spencer, you don't have to apologize. It's fine."

"I feel really bad about it. Please? I'll buy you coffee."

"Fine" he says with a sigh.

"Thanks! I'll meet you there"

We meet at the brew a few minutes later. I get there first, so I buy us coffee. When he gets here, I hand him the coffee. "Here you go."

"Thanks" he takes a sip. "Wow. You remembered how I take it. I'm impressed" he joked.

I chuckle. "Well that's good because I like to impress people". 'especially you' I thought to myself. "Look. I'm really sorry about last night... I wasn't thinking straight..." To be honest, I'm not sorry. I'm embarrassed, but not sorry.

Toby's pov:
"I told you over the phone, it's fine. You were drunk, and when you're drunk you do crazy things that you regret..." I wish she didn't regret it... The only thing I regret about the kiss was choosing not to kiss her back...

She smiles "thanks for understanding."

I know that I probably shouldn't ask this because it's a touchy subject, but I have to know. "So... I know I probably shouldn't ask this, but how did things work out with you and Caleb?"

She stiffens immediately. "Um... We broke up..." She says softly.

"I'm sorry, Spencer. I shouldn't have asked..."

"No, it's fine... Thanks for staying with me and comforting me. I really needed that" she says as the corners of her lips start to turn upward in a smile. Then, suddenly her smile fades. That's a shame... She has the most beautiful smile in the whole world. "I didn't get you in trouble with Yvonne did I?" She asks. I really don't want to tell her what happened, because I know she's gonna blame herself.

"Um... No." I say as I look down. Lying was useless. Spencer knows when I lie, because when I lie, I can never look into her eyes... There's something about Spencer's eyes that makes me want to tell the truth. So I try to avoid them when I lie...

She immediately knows I'm lying. "I'm so sorry! What happened?"

Still looking at the ground, I reply "um... We broke up..." Her eyes widen and when I look into them, I see guilt. This isn't her fault. She shouldn't feel guilty. Yvonne and I had it coming for a while. I'm kinda relived that we got it over with already.

"I'm so sorry! This is all my fault!" She says as she buries her face in her hands. I remove her hands from her face and tilt her chin up so she's looking at me.

"Hey. It's not your fault. We had it coming. Yvonne and I have been arguing for a few months, and within those months, she's probably accused me of cheating on her about 3 or 4 times. I told her that I couldn't be with someone who didn't trust me."

"Wait... You broke up with her? I thought it would've been the other way around..."

"No..."

"I know you said that it's not my fault, but I still feel responsible..."

"I knew you would... That's why I didn't want to tell you... But I can't lie to you..."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to disappoint you..." I look into her eyes and step closer to her. "But do you know what a good thing about us both being single is?"

"What?"

"Now, I can finally do this" I say as I lean in and kiss her. I can feel a bit of hesitation from her at first, but then she kisses back and wraps her arms around my neck, while I wrap mine around her waist.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.1K 1.5K 60
(Completed) Five years in the future after Toby comes back from Maine when he finds out that Spencer was kidnapped and he's on a mission to find her...
220 20 13
Spencer and Toby are happy now that A gone but are they really gone? What about Noel and caleb are they coming back for ruin and wanting to kill Spen...
41.2K 1.4K 25
A is gone but the torment of Alison DiLaurentis is far from over. Her mother is dead, her father and brother are hardly around, everyone in rosewood...
100K 2.6K 36
*Completed* Toby Cavanaugh and his daughter Lily have been alone for almost 3 years. What happens when Lily finally goes to school and Spencer is her...