Chapter 5

Caleb's pov:
Hanna and I walk into the brew side by side. I'm so nervous. I know that I said we would come here to talk more about the whole Spencer situation, but what more is there to talk about? Spencer's upset because she found out I used to date Hanna. End of conversation. After we order our coffee and find a place to sit, we start to talk. Here goes nothing...

"You said Spencer didn't take it very well... What exactly happened?" Hanna asked.

"She said she needed time to think and she ran out on me..." I reply

"I'm sorry..."

"It's not your fault... Maybe it happened for a reason" I say as I look into her beautiful eyes

She gives me a confused look "What do you mean?"

I sigh and reply: "Hanna... I don't know how to say this..."

Now she looks looks even more confused. "Say what?"

I look her straight in the eyes as the words I've been dying to say, are finally given a chance to roll off my tongue. "I'm still in love with you, Hanna"
A shocked look rolls across her face as she looks down.

"Caleb... You're with Spencer..."

"Please Hanna" I take her hands in mine and look at her "I love you so much. I need you in my life."

"I'm sorry Caleb, but Spencer's one of my best friends. I can't do that to her" she pulls her hands away from mine and stands up and starts to walk away. I grab her arm to stop her from leaving. "Hanna, please" I whisper.

"No Caleb. If you love me, let me go." And with that last sentence, she yanked her arm away from me and walked away from me, leaving me alone, with nothing but my emotions.

Spencer's pov:
I'm still crying in the back of the brew near the bathroom. I can't believe he would do that. I thought he loved me. I guess not...

I go into the bathroom and look at myself in to mirror. I have mascara running down my face, along with my tears. I clean myself up and wait in the bathroom until it's less noticeable that I've been crying. I walk out to the front of the brew to see that Caleb is gone. Good. I'm not in the mood to talk to him right now anyways...

I need some fresh air, so I walk to an abandoned park, stopping along the way to get a few beers to take with me. When I get there, I sit down on a bench, and immediately try to drown my sorrows in alcohol.

Toby's pov:
Yvonne and I got into anther fight about the wedding. I'm so tired of fighting. Can't two people plan a wedding without yelling at each other every 5 minutes? I need to cool off. "You know what? Fine. We'll do it your way. I need to cool off. I'm gonna go take a walk, I'll be back in an hour" I say. Before she has a chance to try and stop me, I walk out of our RV and slam the door behind me.

We've been arguing a lot lately. And not just about the wedding. Maybe I'm making a mistake by marrying her... I mean, we can't go 5 minutes without trying to rip each other's throats out...

I keep walking, and about 15 minutes later, I find myself coming across an abandoned park... And a very drunk Spencer...

I can't just leave her there. Something's obviously wrong. I haven't seen her this wasted since high school. I walk up to her and sit down next to her.

"Hey spence..."

She rolls her eyes and takes a sip of her beer before saying "what do you want?"

"I want to know what's wrong"

"Nothing's wrong. Everything's perfect" she says sarcastically.

"Spencer, come on. Please talk to me."

"You're not my boyfriend, Toby. I don't have to talk to you if I don't want too"

"I know you don't have to, but I just hate seeing you like this. I care about you and I want to make sure you're ok"

This must've been what she wanted to hear, because she immediately leaned her head on my shoulder and started crying. "Caleb doesn't love me..." She said.

"Spencer... That's crazy... Of course he loves you"

"No he doesn't. I heard him telling Hanna that he still has feelings for her."

She starts to cry harder. I feel so bad for her. She doesn't deserve this. I wrap my arms around her in an attempt to comfort her.

"That's Caleb's loss. It's a shame he can't see how great you are." I say. And I mean it too. I know I shouldn't, but I miss Spencer... I miss holding her like this...

She looks at me in the eyes. And she starts to lean on... Before I know what's happening, she crashes her lips on to mine. I want more than anything to kiss her back, but she's drunk. I can't take advantage of her like that. Not to mention, I'm engaged. So I pull away from her, even though I don't want too... She looks at me with a sad look in her eyes, waiting for an explanation.

"Spencer... You're drunk. I can't take advantage of you like this. I care about you too much to do that." I say. She just looks down sadly and nods. She doesn't know how badly I want to kiss her right now. But it's just not right.

"Do you want me to walk you to your hotel?" She shakes her head no and says "I can't go back there tonight... I don't want to face Caleb right now..."

"If you want, I can call Emily and ask if you can stay at her place?"

"Yeah, that'd be great"

I call Emily tell her that Spencer is drunk and that she doesn't want to go to her hotel. I don't really go into the details though. I don't know if Spencer would be ok with that. Emily says that she's fine with Spencer staying at her hotel for the night. After I get off the phone with Emily, I say:

"Emily said you could stay at her place tonight. If you want I could call an uber to take you there?" She nods.

I call an uber and when it gets here, I ask her if it would be ok if we share one so I can get home. She nods again. When the uber gets here, we both get in and are silent for the whole ride. The uber stops in front of Emily's hotel, and Spencer gets out.

Spencer's pov:
I get out of the uber, and I'm about to go inside. But before I go, I turn to Toby and say "thanks for being there for me tonight..."

"No problem." He responds with a smile. I smile back without even knowing that I'm doing it. He just has one of those smiles that's contagious... I stare into is eyes. His beautiful blue eyes... I could look into them all night. I snap out of my thoughts and say "goodnight" as I walk off. "Goodnight" I hear him say back as I enter the building.

I walk up to Emily's hotel room and knock on the door. She lets me in and after I explain what happened with Caleb, I immediately collapse on the couch.