Chasing Destiny

By mangosherbert01

In the fight of good versus evil, everyone must take a side. When you're thrown in the middle of a war unlike... More

The Faces Beyond The Wall
Trenchcoats, Nobodies, and a Smoking Gun
Life of a SOLDIER
Target Practice
Spartan Training
Reality Check
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Secrets, Secrets
Fake It
Down Under
We're All Mad Here
Bedtime Stories
Betrayed
Captured
Vanitas
Rescue Mission
The More, The Merrier
Saving Sandy Claws
A Pirate's Life For Me
Diversion
Traversing Through The Town
Cornerstone of Trickery
I Just Can't Wait To Be... Back On Two Legs
A Warning
Heartless
Alive
Poker Face
Bait
The Jungle
Confessions
La Cite de Cloches
Magical Hair and Faraway Castles
A Tangled Web
Trinity
Do You Believe In Magic
The Final Battlefield
The World That Never Was
Fight To The Death
Sacrifice
Dying To Meet You
Puppet Master
Chasing Your Destiny
Sora
Noctis Lucis Caelum
Riku
Leon
Zack Fair
Cloud Strife
Axel
Roxas
Genesis

Reno Sinclair

2.1K 39 18
By mangosherbert01

A/N: I'm considering writing a sequel to this series... if anyone has any interest in this, shoot me a message or drop a comment :3 the plot is in my head, but I don't want to do all that work if there's no interest! I hope everyone enjoyed this book because I had a hell of a lot of fun writing it!!

-------------------------------------

"I'm much more me when I'm with you"

A hard gulp is stuck in your throat as you make your way down the dark hallway, each step feeling heavier than the last. Fighting Vanitas had been the hardest thing you've ever done... until now. How would you face him? What would you say? Between kissing Vanitas (and a few others), avoiding him for a week, ignoring his injuries...

"Ugh, I'm terrible," you groan, holding your head back as you come to a stop in the middle of the hall.

Your hands rest on your hips, careful to stay away from your injury. This was all too much. You don't deserve any form of closure, of happiness –

"[Name]?"

Your gaze snaps up at the familiar voice. Slowly, you glance over your shoulder and your eyes land on a mess of red hair.

"Reno," you greet softly, turning around to face him.

He only smiles in response as he walks towards you with determination. His arms slide around your waist, pulling you against him as his lips crash down on yours.

"I... missed... you," you mumbles inbetween quick pecks, causing you to pull back with a soft laugh.

"I can tell," you comment with a grin, resting a hand on the side of his face. "I'm sorry for being such a brat the past week."

"Eh, it's fine. Nothing new," he teases, chuckling as you playfully smack his chest. "I figured giving you your space was best. There's no need to apologize."

A hand runs through your hair, his fingers playing with a few stray strands. Your heart wrenches with discomfort.

"Yeah but... I just abandoned you. You're okay with that?"

He shrugs nonchalantly.

"I knew you'd come back. And if you didn't... well, I'd just follow you until the end of the worlds I guess," he replies.

You start to laugh until you realize he's completely serious. Sobering up, you nod and wrap your arms around his neck.

"That's why I love you," you tell him, feeling a few tears well up in your eyes at the utterly devoted look he's giving you.

His grin only widens as he leans down, nuzzling his nose against yours.

"And I love you," he murmurs, pecking the tip of your nose softly. "But – I don't do sap well, y'know? So how about I shoot you an idea instead."

"Go for it."

"Well, some people have already left HQ. The rest are leaving tomorrow. How about you stay here with me, yeah?"

Your eyebrows rise in surprise. That certainly wasn't what you were expecting.

"This whole mansion to ourselves? Whatever will we do to keep entertained?" you joke, running a hand down his chest.

You swear his eyes darken ever so slightly as his lips twitch up into a small smirk.

[♥]

As stated, everyone was pretty much gone. The only ones left at HQ were Roxas, Ven, Sephiroth, Yuffie, Terra, Aqua, and Axel. Sephiroth was the first to leave – something about "keeping Fair in check." You almost didn't want to know. Roxas and Axel left soon after, ready to take a trip around the worlds. Their friendship was officially back on track, and though you were going to miss the blond terribly, it made your heart sing knowing he was happy and finally free, at least for now.

"Outta my seat, yo!"

Reno's voice snaps you out of your daydream, and you tear your eyes away from the video game currently on the screen of the TV in the living room. So, Reno hadn't been quite accurate in his statement. You and he wouldn't be manning down the fort in HQ alone. Terra, Ven, and Aqua were living there as well to keep a low profile. Darkness and trouble still lingered in the shadows, just waiting to re-emerge and make your lives hell again. It was nice having them around, as they were great housemates. What wasn't pleasant, however, was the near constant bickering.

"Who said this is your seat?" Ven retorts, leaning back slightly.

You and he were in the midst of an intense Mario Kart battle, and he's (again) kicking your butt. Reno's eyes narrow as he stares down at the feisty blond.

"Uh, I dunno, maybe the fact that I always sit there? Y'know, next to my girlfriend," Reno muses sarcastically.

Ven smirks, tossing the controller onto the table in front of him before looking over at you.

"I can tell when I'm intruding. See you guys at dinner," he announces, hopping to his feet and walking out of the room with his hands shoved in the pockets of his jeans.

Reno scoffs and rolls his eyes as he flops down on the couch behind you, picking up Ven's discarded controller.

"Little brat," Reno mutters under his breath as he shakes his head.

"You could be nicer to him," you point out, resting your controller on the table.

Reno grunts in obvious disapproval as he does the same, leaning closer to you.

"I could... But then I wouldn't be sitting next to you, alone, without prying eyes and blabbering mouths."

You smile as you rest your head on his shoulder, heaving a sigh.

"I hope it's always like this," you say, your eyes darting up to him. "Quiet. Peaceful. Happy."

A hand runs through your hair, resting on the side of your neck.

"As long as I'm with you, it will be," he tells you, leaning forward to rest his lips against your forehead.

"I FORGOT TO ASK," Ven's voice calls out, causing Reno's teeth to grit angrily and an amused chuckle to escape your lips. "WHAT'S FOR DINNER?"

"EITHER BURGERS OR STEAKS, UP TO YOU GUYS," Aqua's voice replies loudly from her bedroom.

"BURGERS!" Terra yells from the computer room.

"Ugh how did I get stuck with babysitting duty," Reno grumbles as he leans back against the couch and covers his face.

"Because Sephy trusts you, of course."

"Or he's torturing me," Reno points out, peeking out at you from behind his fingers.

"Both are likely," you agree, biting back a laugh as he shoots you a glare.

With a grin you climb over to the redhead, perching yourself on his lap and cupping his face in your hands.

"Now, what was that about being alone~?" you coo, leaning closer to him.

Without so much of a blink Reno closes the gap between the two of you, his lips pressing against yours in a hungry kiss. You eagerly respond, tilting your head as the kiss deepens and his hands rest on your hips, holding you against him.

Your life had turned anything but normal... but with him, you didn't find yourself minding at all.

[♥]

THE END [OF RENO'S JOURNEY]

THE END [OF CHASING DESTINY]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 745 43
There is only one thing standing between Sora's slumber and awakening; Roxas. Sakura leads him to his tragic end and is reunited with Sora as payment...
208K 5.7K 67
After a life threatening plane ride to South Korea you wake up only to find yourself in Hollow Bastion. The famous Hollow Bastion from popular video...
8K 326 17
In a sleepy town, five young women are murdered. The investigation takes the town's inhabitants to a dark world revolving around four mysterious newc...
258 11 12
The light will shine and lead Roxas to his right path. Even if he has forgotten this light, it will always be with him. Even if in the end he is sepa...