I solemnly swear (George Weas...

By janewilsonpotterfan

Transferring to a new school is rough. Transferring to a new school in a different country is rougher. Transf... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 9

8.2K 212 57
By janewilsonpotterfan

CHAPTER 9
George's POV:

"Can't believe he gave us fake galleons. That slimy git."

"Maybe he didn't know.....what if we write a letter telling him?"

"Why not, we haven't got anything else to lose have we?"

Fred and I start writing a quick letter to Bagman just as we see Hermione and Ginny come back downstairs. Weird, I thought they were going up to chat with Kat and Scarlet. They join Harry and Ron by the fire before looking around and motioning us over to them as well. We finish the letter and planned to borrow a school owl to send it tomorrow morning, before joining them around the fire. Ginny looks confused but Hermione looks worried almost as she starts looks at us and then starts talking.

"Hey you guys, what exactly do we know about Kat?"

"Not that much really. She er, well she knows who I am if that helps." (Harry)

"Comes from the states." (Ron)

"Only child, family is very politically involved, middle name is Mary, and knows Krum on a friend level." (George)

"Why?" (Fred and George)

"Ginny and I were just upstairs and we couldn't help but hear Scarlet and Kat talking and it was an unusual conversation."

"Yeah, Kat was telling Scarlet that no matter what she couldn't change what she was. And Scarlet started yelling that she didn't care what Kat was, that she wasn't a monster and was begging for forgiveness."

"You don't think Kat could be, well.... a um werewolf?" (Hermione)

"What?" (Harry)

"I mean I would have to watch her and compare her actions to the lunar charts to make sure but for all we know she could be." (Hermione)

"I mean would it matter if she was?" (F)

"Yeah, Lupin's one and we got on with him alright." (George)

"True, it's just odd because Kat seemed almost positive that she was a monster. Even though Scarlet was saying she wasn't." (Ginny)

"Self-hatred is common for most werewolves though. They aren't exactly welcomed with open arms in our society." (Hermione)

"Well, why don't we just get to know her as a person, watch her during full moons and see what happens from there." (Harry)

"Alright, everyone agreed?" (Ginny)

"Good, well we better get off to bed. Don't want to be late for our first day do we? Goodnight everyone." (Hermione)

We wave as Hermione and Ginny go back upstairs to bed and then watch as Harry and Ron go up to their own room. Fred and I hang out in the common room a bit longer and soon I see that we're the only two still down here. I yawn and stretch as I stand but see that Fred is smirking at me.

"What?"

"You still like her, even if she might be a werewolf."

"What? Come off it you idiot. I don't even know her that well."

"Never stopped either of us before."

"Is it that obvious mate?"

"Yeah, to me at least. Can't say I blame you, she really is something from the looks of her. Just be careful mate. I'm not saying that because she might be a werewolf, I'm saying it because if she hates herself now imagine how she would feel with a broken heart."

"Ay, when did you get so knowledgeable about love and girls?"

"Working on the love potions for the joke shop remember?"

"Knew I should have taken that instead of the nosebleed nuggarts."

"Yeah mate, you really should have."

We climb the stairs and go into our room where Lee is already asleep in his bunk. We get ready for bed and I find myself looking outside at the moon, it's waning and almost half full. So the next full moon won't be until October sometime.

I don't know how much I would really mind it if she was a werewolf. Werewolves aren't well understood in our world but they certainly aren't evil, like everyone thinks they are. I know she isn't evil, no matter what I know that at least.

FEW WEEKS INTO THE TERM (Third week of October)
K POV:

The first few weeks of class really were excellent. The twins were both shocked that Scarlet and I were animagus, well the whole class was shocked, after all we're only 16. But the shock continued for everyone, McGonagall included when Scarlet transformed into her tiger. We don't know why we got big cats for our animagus forms, we just did. They are our favorite animals, but we don't think that's a contributor. We're not really sure to be honest.

The twins were even more surprised when we both made the Draught of Living Death well enough for Snape's standards. They thought we would mess it up, or that Snape would simple sneer at our attempt. Well he still sneered but he told the rest of the Gryffindors that he finally had two of them, well us I guess, capable of making a simple potion. Then of course he took ten points from our house when someone else's wasn't perfect. He's a piece of work he is, great professor as far as knowing his stuff, but I agree with the twins he is a git.

Professor Moody's class was interesting and terrifying in a matter of words. The first day he performed the unforgivable curses in front of us, and though I had seen each of them performed before during attacks, and have even been hit with the torture curse once, it was shocking to see it in a classroom. What was even stranger though was when he started teaching us how to fight off the Imperius Curse. I could usually stop myself from doing whatever he wanted me to do, helps when you're only half human technically, but he was still really pleased.

George and Fred however, ended up singing some Muggle nursery rhymes in front of the class, and Scarlet ended up changing in and out of her tiger form repeatedly. I still can't shake the feeling that there is something off about Moody though. He just doesn't smell like I thought he would. There's a smell around him that reminds me of something I just can't seem to place it. Maybe I'm the one being paranoid, if so I blame it on his classes and his demand for 'Constant vigilance.'

Care of Magical Creatures with Hagrid is awesome. So far we've covered threstrals, blast ended skrewts, and we're doing hipogriffs for a review in another few days. I've already met some of his hipogriffs, they are all adorable. Really though, the only classes that seem to be our enemy are Herbology and History of Magic.

Herbology because the plants Scar and I are used to working with and the ones here are completely different. So we're roughly six years behind and are having to do extra homework and readings for that class every day. It's been bearable though, Professor Sprout introduced us to Neville Longbottom. He's in Hermione's year and he isn't the greatest wizard, but he knows his plants that for sure.

History of Magic on the other hand is just boring. I would have thought that being taught by a ghost would be cool, it was definitely going to be a first for me and Scarlet. But I don't think anyone actually enjoys that class, except perhaps Hermione who according to Harry and Ron takes perfect notes every class period.

It's an accomplishment to stay awake during that class, let alone enjoy it or take notes. Scarlet and I have to keep poking each other awake, Lee is usually kicked by Angelina when he starts to snore, and the twins don't even bother trying to stay awake. They just take a nap during that class, can't blame them. Professor Binns is probably the most boring teacher we've ever had.

I do miss home every once and while but honestly my only worries here is how I feel about George. People may say that the twins are the same person, but they aren't not really anyway. They're both sweet and funny, but George is usually a bit quieter and more reserved than Fred at times. Which is weird because they both manage to get into the same amount of trouble. They managed to get detention during the first week of class for setting off dung-bombs outside Filches' office. Though that man deserves every one of them as much as he sets out to punish students for the simplest things. His cat isn't much better, and that's coming from someone who loves animals.

But out of the twins, George is......well he makes me feel better even if he's not trying. I hide how I feel a lot of the time and while Scar knows this, I doubt the others have yet to notice. But whenever I'm with him I just feel better almost instantly. I keep finding myself staring at his lips and trying to picture what they would feel like on my lips. I really want to kiss him, but I don't know how I would even go about initiating it. I've thought about asking the girls, but Hermione is always studying, Scar is not much help with guys honestly, and it's Ginny's brother and I'm sure that would just be weird to think about.

Plus I keep feeling conflicted on whether it's right or not to do this to him. Lie about what I am, and attempt to start a relationship without even telling him what I am it just seems wrong. I don't know what to do about George right now to be honest. Otherwise my friendships are doing pretty well. I get along with everyone in our group and Scar and I are on better terms. We're not where we used to be, but we're close.

She knows everything about my 'condition' and had agreed to go with me to Madam Pomfrey on half-and new moons to make sure I don't pass out on the way there or something. Honestly I think she just wants me to trust her again. I do, but I'm going to make her sweat it a bit longer. Tonight we'll be going back to Madam Pomfrey for the third time, the second half-moon, and I'm on countdown mode.

I'm not feeling all that great right now and I could use a pick-me up about now. I had to force myself not to stare at the pulse in Ron's neck this morning as he sat across from me at breakfast. It wasn't too difficult but I have never been more ready for a blood break. It doesn't help that I've been on fang watch all morning making sure I keep them retracted, same goes for my eyes staying blue instead of silver.

I slowly walk into the Great Hall for a short study period, thinking about my blood break tonight, and see George sitting near the end of the table. I know it's him without a doubt because of his smell. I'm the only one that the twins can't fool about which is which and they are trying to figure out why, it's really funny how frustrated they get I must say.

I take the empty seat across from him and pull out my textbook to review before heading down to Care of Magical Creatures class. He looks up and smiles at me but it falters for a moment. I can only assume that he notices the bags under my eyes and how pale I look right now. I know I must not look too great and I'm having trouble concentrating a lot right now. Honestly, I'm worried about I'm going to look on the full moon, if I already look like death walking right now.

"Kat, are you feeling all right?"

"What? Oh, yeah I'm fine George just feeling a bit homesick is all."

"Alright love if you're sure."

"Love?"

"Oh, er British expression."

"Oh."

"Yeah.......hey have you ever been to Hogsmeade before?"

"Yeah a lot this summer. Why?"

"Well the first visit is next weekend on Halloween, after the other schools arrive for the tournament. Would you, well would you like to go with me?"

"Yeah, sure. I'd love to."

"Really?"

"Of course."

"That's brilliant, well I need to run and work on McGonagall's apparition essay, but I'll see you later tonight."

"Alright, see you later."

I smile as I watch him leave the Great Hall with a happy bounce to his step and then I feel someone slide next to me. I know it's Scar without looking up from my book. I finish reading the page I'm on before bending the page down and looking up to her. She's smiling like a cat as she looks at me.

"Soooooo, Hogsmeade date huh?"

"Scarlet, he never said it was date."

"Uhuh sure. Do you want it to be a date?"

"More than he could ever know, but it wouldn't work out."

"What? Why? You're perfect for each other."

"Because of what I am. I won't argue about this here, besides we have class in 5 minutes. Come on otherwise we'll be late."

"Fine, but you're wrong."

I shake my head a little as we go out the front doors and head down to Hagrid's for class. I don't think I'm wrong at all but we'll see. I would love for the Hogsmeade trip to be a date though, it wouldn't be my first date by any means but I'm sure it would be the best. If only it was a date.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
2.3K 111 15
In a not so happy fairytale in which a princess meets a boy: It was always you, Draco Malfoy - |THIS IS NOT A HARRY POTTER STORY|
316K 8.4K 49
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘬, 𝘴𝘒𝘺, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ π˜₯𝘰 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘢𝘦𝘯𝘀𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.
235K 7K 32
[Book 1 in the Alex Wallace series] Alexandra Wallace has been friends with Peter Parker since they were six years old. She's always trusted him with...