The Road to My Heart

By LovelyLoopyKari

The rule was simple, 1 bag for three months on the road. Taking a road trip with your friends seems like a go... More

To The Moon & Back
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty Two

2.1K 98 4
By LovelyLoopyKari

Chapter Twenty Two

__________________

"Alex!" I waved him over, his eyes were wild before they settled on mine. He quickly made his way over, sitting next to me on the same side of the table.

"Luc." His voice was relieved. "I've been looking for you, you never came back with the drinks. You okay?"

"Yeah." I forced a smile.

"No your not." He sighed, "I need to tell you something." He trailed off. I waited patiently for him to speak while I twirled my thumbs on the table. My eyes were already building with tears before he spoke.

"Sydney kiss me." He rushed, "She just jumped on me, it took me by surprise and I didn't push her off as fast as I should have. I'm so, so, so sorry." He took my hands and I looked up at him with tear filled eyes. "Lucy." He cooed, his voice breaking, "The last thing I want to do is hurt you, I don't want to be like my brother. I just want you to trust me."

Searching his eyes I could tell that he was sincere, they even looked a bit watery. "It's okay Alex." I whispered. "We're not dating. You can kiss whoever you want-."

His lips hushed mine as he pulled me closer to him. I felt my heart flutter, I'm such a love sick puppy. It's pathetic.

"I only want to kiss you, Luc. Promise."

I looked away and bit my lip, "You don't care that I'm a goody-goody? That I never break the rules?" I looked over at Alex's confused expression and continued without his answer, "I'm not going to give you things other girls will. I'm not experienced enough."

He was silent for a long minute, "I like that you're a good girl. I like that you don't break the rules, which you have by the way."

I cocked my eyebrow in confusion and he laughed. "You've drank under age, Lucy. You can't say you've never broke the rules when you've got that under your belt. I like that you're not like everyone else, I like that you're not experienced. And as far as you can't give me things other girls will, is utter bullshit."

"You give me lots of things no other girl has ever given me." He whispered, leaning closer he grabbed one of my hands and placed it on his chest. "My heart only races when I see you, every day without fail." He brushed my hair from my face and looked into my eyes, "You've been the only one to give me..butterflies.. All the time." His voice got quieter, "Please, please believe me when I say I've never wanted anyone as badly as I want you."

"Alex?" I whispered and he groaned causing me to giggle to which his eyes crinkled as his lips pulled into a grin.

"Yeah baby?"

I blushed, "I'm sorry."

"What do you mean?" His eyes were guarded, just like yesterday and the grin seemed to vanish.

"I'm sorry I keep questioning you and everything." I sighed, "I have trust issues but I shouldn't, not with you."

"It's okay, it's going to be hard. Just ask me anything and I promise I won't get mad." He pinched my cheek, I laughed and swatted his hand away.

We got the drinks I was supposed to have gotten the first time before this whole mess started and then made our way back to towel that only held Tessa.

"Tess." Alex growled as we sat next to her.

"Did you find-." She trailed off and then squealed, "Lucy!"

"Hey Tess." I laughed.

"He didn't tell you?" She narrowed her eyes at Alex.

"No, no Tessa. He did." I smiled, "I saw everything and we talked it through."

Alex grinned over at me, his eyes squinting from the sun before he turned to Tess and playfully scolded her. "Yeah Tessa. Mind your own business." He stuck out his tongue.

Tessa huffed, but smiled a little. Probably at how cute Alex was being. I know I was. "I care about Lucy a lot, I didn't want her to get hurt."

"So do I." Alex's voice was back to being hard and controlled with no playfulness.

I bumped his shoulder and sent him a relaxed grin. He responded with a sigh and laid down in the sand. "Wanna catch a movie tonight?" Justin asked with Harry trailing behind him, "The new Scary movie just premiered."

"Sure." I shrugged and turned to Alex, "Wanna see a movie?"

"I don't think it was an open invitation." He muttered.

"You don't mind if they come, do you?" I asked Justin with a sweet smile.

"Of course not." Justin shook his head, the corner of his lips twisting into a frown. "More the merrier."

"Great, so you guys wanna come?" I asked Tess and Alex.

Tessa bit her lip and looked down at Alex, clearing her throat she looked back up at me, "Uh, Alex and I actually had plans already. Sorry Luc."

"Oh." I laughed, "That's fine." I swallowed hard and faced Justin, "Guess it's just us."

Alex grabbed the side of my shirt, which was strangely comforting.

Justin grinned, "Great meet you at five in the lobby? We'll get dinner before."

__________

"I can't believe you're going on a date with Justin." Alex grumbled as I threw on a t-shirt over my bathing suit.

"Are you Jealous that I'm going on a date with Justin before you?" I laughed.

Alex shrugged, "I made it clear that I want you to be mine."

I sighed and sat beside him on the bed. "I did ask you if you wanted to come."

"I know." He mumbled, "But you'll tell me if he tries anything?"

"Of course I will!" I laughed, "But he won't, Justin knows that I don't like him like that." I assured him.

Alex snorted, "No he doesn't, that kid is blind but I must say he has great taste in women." He winked over at me.

"I'm going to miss you tonight." I giggled as my face heated up at his words.

"Promise?"

I laughed, "Promise."

Alex walked me to the lobby, where he claims he was meeting Tess at the same time. "Aw, would you look at that." Alex cooed sarcastically as Justin held flowers in his left hand. "Going to take them out to dinner and a movie?"

"Shh." I hushed him and smiled at Justin, I couldn't be rude. "Hey Justin."

"Hey Lucy." Justin grinned, "For you." He offered the colorful flowers, "Just thought you'd like something nice."

"Thank you Justin." I laughed and brought the flowers to my nose to catch their scents. "No one has ever given me flowers before, this is so sweet."

"You've never got flowers before?" Justin questioned in surprise and I turned to see a pisssed looking Alex who was glaring at the flowers like they murdered his entire family.

"No." I smiled timidly, "Thank you for them."

"Bye Alex." I waved as Justin ushered me out the front door.

"Wait." He stopped me, "Let me take those, put them in water for you."

I cocked my head in confusion, wasn't he just making fun of them? "Sure." I handed him the beautiful flowers.

"Thanks Alex." Justin grinned and ushered me out again.

The dinner went fast and I was having a good time with Justin, it was a bit awkward when he tried to get me to open up but I quickly changed the subject each time. The movie was good and I think Justin expected me to cuddle up to him scarred or at least hold his hand, which I did none of. The whole movie I ended up what I always did when I went to the movies. Wishing Alex was beside me.

We walked back to the hotel and once we got to the room door, he pulled me to a stop. "I had a really great time."

I smirked, "Me too."

"Really?" He laughed, "Would you like to do it again sometime?"

"Um yeah, sure why not." I laughed.

"Not quite the answer I was looking for, but I'll take it."

Justin began to lean in and I panicked. Hitting my hand on the door I backed away from him. He laughed and stepped closer, leaning in again.

"You're back early." Alex's rough voice spoke as the door opened, "Did you two kids have fun?"

"Hey, Alex." Justin nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

Alex smiled when he noticed my relieved look and my distance from the boy in front of me.

"We had a swell time, didn't we Justin?"

"Sure did Luc." Justin laughed, "Wanna go swimming?"

My eyes flickered to Alex while I answered, "I'm actually really tired, rain check?"

Justin nodded and made his way back down the hall. "Aw I feel bad. He's going swimming all by himself."

"No he's not." Alex laughed, grabbing my hand he pulled me inside the room, "Harry went to the pool ten minutes ago."

"Lucky them." I laughed as Alex nuzzled my neck. "Miss me?"

"Like you can't imagine." He grinned, pulling back he got serious. "Did he try anything on you?"

"Hmm.." I pretended to think, "He put his arm around me a few times, especially at the movie and he tried to kiss me."

"What?" His eyes hardened.

"I said tried. I, of course, didn't let him. You showed up and got him all flustered." I leaned into his chest and he grinned wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I have impeccable timing, wouldn't you say?"

I giggled, "Nothing short of amazing, Kidd."

By the bedside table was a bouquet of flowers in a pretty vase. They looked similar to the ones Justin had given me but they were different. "What happened to the flowers?" I laughed.

"What are you talking about?" Alex smirked. "Are you trying to suggest that I destroyed the other ones only to replace them with flowers that I bought you instead? That'd be ridiculous."

I giggled again and Alex kissed my forehead. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 108 11
Was it a mistake to agree with your friends deal to date for three months? you weren't so sure either. (xyx x reader)
22.7K 152 22
You had a childhood best friend. You've always had a crush on him. You were best friends from 1st grade-9th grade. The summer to Freshman year, he di...
57 3 89
This year I'm choosing to love. Myself. Life. Someone new. Come along on the ride...
931 36 23
The rules are simple... 1. Complete as many tasks on the list as possible 2. Document all completed tasks (video and photo) and upload it to Instagr...