Welcome To My Hectic life...

By SSBMA1994

Sakinah- Muslim, random, weird, kind, misfortunate~ Mirza- Jerk, playboy, mean, boy band and let me stress ev... More

Welcome To My Hectic life...
Chapter One..... Allah hates me?
Chapter Two.....First day of school
Chapter Three.....Made friends and enemies
Chapter Four.....Made fun of
Chapter Five.....Heated fight
Chapter Six.....Ghosts?
Chapter Seven.....The new guy
Chapter Eight...Co-relation between nightmare and reality
Chapter Nine.....Carefree
Chapter Ten (Part One).....Broken Promise
Chapter Ten (Part Two).....Broken Promise
Chapter Eleven..... Arts of betrayal (Part One)
Chapter Eleven.....Arts of betrayal (part two)
Chapter Twelve.....Last day
Chapter Thirteen.....Peer pressure
Chapter Fourteen.....School gone wild (Part One)
Chapter Fourteen.....School gone wild (Part Two)
Chapter Fifteen...Secret out in the open
Chapter Sixteen.....You humiliated me now you humiliate yourself
Chapter Seventeen.....The Psycho, The Kick-Ass Charmer And The Gothic (Part One)

Chapter Eleven.....Arts of betrayal (Part Three)

786 20 3
By SSBMA1994

Hey everyone!

So some of you might've thought that Sakinah was being melo-dramatic about the situation from the last chapter (heck, even I thought the same -.-)...But realistically, who wouldn't if they were to walk on Sakinah's footsteps; anyone would be petrified.

To prove my point further, I posted a picture of the ghost (Ahraqah)from Sakinah's nightmare she got the very night before the 'Hassan drama' started. Remember? It's the specific scene from her nightmare where the ghost didn't try to kill her there as she usually would, and sat quietly on the corners of the wall quietly with a wicked smile.

(I found this picture coincidentally and the scene was not inspired by the picture at all. I just got lucky and found the perfect picture of the scene)

Picture>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(Now tell me that you don't feel freaked out looking at that =S)

Anyways, enjoy your read! ;P

_______________________________________________________________________________

 Chapter Eleven.....Arts of betrayal (Part Three)

(Sakinah's P.O.V)

     "We went through all that rush just for the sake of being on time to watch a scary movie?!"Was Hassan crazy? We could've died back there, and for what exactly? A stupid movie? So not worth risking my life for that's for sure!

     "Yup," Hassan replied bluntly with a straight face, "I can do whatever I want. Now come on, the movie is about to start!" I felt like screaming a lot of words at him right now but found myself out of words to say. I sighed heavily. This is not the time to argue with him. We walked in quietly into the theatre.

     "Revenge of the slaves" 

     Normally, a scary movie poster would consist of too many characters and decorations which only confuses and irritates my main focus. This poster however does not consist of any characters. No picture of ghost what so ever. There was just a small old-looking town with a night setting and a haze blurring the vision which gives a scary feel to it. I hate scary movies, especially after that last movie that I watched with Layla and Raudhah. But not all scary movie can really scare me. I don't know about this one though. It was said that this was the scariest movie yet.

     I can't stop myself from observing Hassan's every move. I wonder why he randomly wanted to watch a scary movie all of a sudden. I don't know why, but the topic 'ghost' is a sensitive subject for me. I can't stop thinking whether Hassan had any relation to the ghost in my nightmare.

     We sat on our respective seats in the theatre. Mine and Hassan was in the middle, near the front. Hassan seemed excited. He had his fingers of his two hands intercepted with each other and rested behind his head. There were soft murmurs from the people sitting in the back which soon quietens down. The movie haven't really started yet, just advertisements about food and such; typical. After a few second, he grew impatient and had a bored expression on his face. He tapped his fingers on the armrest, irritated. 

     There was a guy sitting in front of me, in between two girls cuddling close to him. This was also typical and cliché in a scary movie, the guy trying to be the 'hero' to frightened girls. It really grows old. 

     "What if it's too scary? I'm scared!" The first girl voiced. I have to admit, I myself was anxious about the movie but the girl's squeaky voice ticks me off. And her voice was kind of loud in this room.

     "Oh no, Brad!" Annoying girl number two squeaked. Brad. That must be the guy's name.

     "Don't worry girls, I'm here. Everything is going to be fine!" Yuck. Watching them makes me want to puke. The girls giggled and cuddled closer to that 'Brad' guy.

      Their giggles seemed to tick Hassan off too. "Will you three bunch of idiots shut the hell up?! The movie hasn’t even started yet, what are you? Retarded?" A lot of people in the room were just as annoyed at those three, but not one had dared to speak out other than give dirty looks at them. Hassan boldness amazes me.

     The Brad guy turned around to face us and landed his gaze on Hassan. "Hey, watch your mouth kid. Or I whip your ass!" He turned back, facing the front but not before making a clear warning. He had his arms stretched out and resting on the arms of those two girls who seemed to enjoy the touch and giggled.

     His response seems to amuse Hassan. He even ignored the girls annoying repetitive giggles. "They always say that but end up in tears afterwards." Hassan mumbled quietly with a dark smirk.

     My eyes widen in shock and he seemed to have caught that as he turned to face me, looking innocent and confused with that questioning look on his face and an eyebrow arched. "Say what?" I asked disbelief. He didn't reply and ignored me with a soft amused chuckle and a wide smile as he resumed to his original position with his palms behind his head.

     A lot of questions were gushing through me. For starters, I wonder if this was Hassan's typical routine to watch a scary movie. I know it's a silly question that I shouldn't bother much about, but it does! I fell that it will give me some clues to whether Hassan had some relation to 'the ghost'. Unable to contain the curiosity any longer and in need to speak out, I made a bland move and asked him straight. "You like watching scary movies?" I eyed him.

    He didn't even spare a look on me and had his eyes fixed on the huge screen.  "Nope," he popped the letter P, "this is my first." Hmm, weird. His first? Seriously? Hmm..Then was it the word 'revenge' that intrigued him to watch the movie? I was drowned in disturbing thoughts. "Shhh, the movie's starting!" Hassan hushed me and all those thoughts drowned away at the sound of the very loud audio tracks starting.

     The picture on the screen showed an old town on a quiet night, bringing the distanced town picture dragging it closer and closer. There was the sound of a soft breeze. All of a sudden, a man with a bloody face fell face first on the screen out of nowhere. Everyone in the theatre room screamed, shock; including me. I think no one had expected something scary to happen so early in the movie and without a scary music to warn us beforehand. The sigh of the man was terrifying.Hassan; however wasn't the slight bit scared at the scene. He didn't even flinch! His face remained expressionless and bored.

     As I watched the movie further, I found out more about the story. It was about an old town from the past where slaves were rampant. They were treated like thrash as they were looked down upon, oppressed and beaten. They were made to work as though they were robots and had all the energy without the need for rest or food. It was a sad picture. Some of them actually died.

     One particular year, weird things kept happening to the town like natural disaster that never before happened happens. They began to suspect that it was some kind of a curse. An old looking man with long white beard who appears to be a fortune teller confirmed their suspicion. He said that in order for them to escape the curse, a child sacrifice must be made. The child must be innocent and as pure of evil as possible. Unwilling to give in their own children, they snatched out and roughly took away the slaves' children instead.

     "Hmph. Typical human behaviour- yourselves before others. Such selfish beings." Hassan mumbled.

     On to the movie...

     Many innocent children were buried alive. It was a heart breaking scene. They only needed one sacrifice, but ignorantly buried as many possible in desperate need to stop the curse. Seeming as the curse didn't stop, they got frustrated and buried a baby thinking it's as innocent and pure as it gets. The mother slave was reluctant to give away the baby so she was buried together with it.

     The curse still didn't stop yet. Finally, they buried a boy slave who was well known for his kind heart and gentleness. That seemed to do the trick and the natural disaster finally stopped. But it wasn't for long.

     "Nooooo! That stupid ugly-looking guy killer," annoying girl number one voiced, not so softly. It was one thing to voice your opinion when you are watching a movie with your friends and families at home, but another thing to do so loudly in public places; kind of ignorant. Not to mention how their loud discussion had been going on for quite a while now.

     "Ahhhh!" The two girls shouted. 

     "No, that cute adorable little boy should've died! Why not his sister instead?" Girl Two mock tears. I found what she said to be offensive to chose death and ignorant.

     "Damn, if it was me there, I would've taken on all those evil people single-handedly." Brad.

     The girls giggled and cuddled closer to him.

     As uninterested of Hassan was of the movie- he lost all interest at the first five minutes of the movie- he was just as pissed at the three ignorant people sitting in front as everyone else. He leaned in to their seats with his hands resting on their chair. "I told you to shut the f*** up already, haven't I B****es? This is your second and last chance, do so before I shut you for good." Again, the swearing surprised me and made me uncomfortable. The front seaters' turned backwards to observe the interesting fight, instead of the movie on play.

     Brad seemed just as pissed and stood up facing us revealing his tall and well-build body and a huge tattoo on his right arm. That didn't intimidate Hassan one bit. His body was blocking the view of the screen as people on the back seat gets annoyed and lost their cool as they shouted, "Sit down!" , "Will you keep quiet?!" and "Get the hell out already dammit!" Brad snatches Hassan's collar extremely close to his face, breathing angrily. "I dare you to say that again, kid." His voice deadpanned.

     Hassan stared back at him with the same intensity, if not twice and never blinking one bit. I swore I had just seen a quick flash of black colour illuminating from his eyes before it went away. Brad didn't seem to notice it. My heart was beating wildly again. "Get. Out. Of. My. Face. Now."Hassan hissed in a warning tone.

     "What is going on here?" One of the workers there soon appeared at the scene. Hassan pushed lightly but firm against Brad's chest but weirdly the outcome exaggerated such that Brad was sent falling backwards hitting another chair before the ground. The girls screamed. Brad stood back up, correcting himself and infuriating with twice the ego and anger blaring inside him. He had that look as if he was going to kill Hassan but the worker held him back. 

     Soon, he was kicked out of there along with the two other girls. In the midst of getting sent out, Hassan waved his hands mockingly at the guy with a smirk signalling his victory. "Toodles."

     Finally, everyone could watch the movie in peace. They resumed to their seats and resumed watching it. The 'hunting' and the 'ghost' had finally begun appearing. I stole a look at Hassan, a huge eager smile plastered on his face. Wait the minute, had he been anticipating for the ghost to come out all this while? Again, I found myself wondering to the first question whether Hassan had any relation to the ghost.

     Halfway through the movie, I was already sick to my stomach. The movie was extremely violent with bloodbath and all. Hassan on the other hand had that look of humour on him, like it was all a silly funny child-play. I had to excuse myself to the bathroom to wash up, unable to take it any longer. "Okay, but be quick. And if you're smart, you won't even think of running away." I quickly nodded and left the place quietly.

***

     A splash of water hit my face. It felt refreshing as I let the water dry out on its own. My hands rested on the basin as I stared back into my reflection. I sighed, finally drowning in what Hassan had said momentarily ago. I guess 'running away' is no longer an available choice now, huh? I wasn't in a rush to watch the movie inside the theatre; in fact I was thinking of at least escaping that and wait here instead. But Hassan might notice my disappearance for quite a while and might get suspicious. He might not like that either.

     I sighed again. Guess I had no choice but to get back in there.

     "Enjoying you 'date' so far?"  A voice snorted and there was another reflection on the mirror of a girl with very long black hair, one strand covering her one eye. Her eyes were vicious. I gasped and stared back behind me only to find no one there and when I looked back into the mirror, the girl was gone too.

     Out. I had to get out!

     Dup, dup. Dup, dup. 

     I was already out the bathroom door, my eye staring straight into the movie theatre entrance. I need to get back there as fast as possible where it is crowded so I can feel safer and secure than being alone. 

     A tall figure blocked my path and I felt my breath stuck in my throat. "Look what we got here?" The voice teases. I looked up to see brad. He inhaled a cigarette smoke and blew it on my face. I coughed from the huge blow of smoke against my face, sick of the smell. 

     I tiptoed backwards to make a run but bumped into two tall skinny girls; one with long straight brown hair and the other with short curly orange hair. "You must be that rude boy's girlfriend," annoying girl number one snorted, "it's hard for me to say this, but as rude as the boy was, he was hot. And I look at you, you look like thrash wrapped in a blanket of clothes. And what's with covering your head anyway?" She rolled her eyes. This wasn't the first time people comment on my hijab. Why can't they just get over it already?

     "Hey," the second girl sounded and grabbed everyone's attention, "let's like, do something to her. Like, to teach the rude boy a lesson." The two girls giggled.

     Dup, dup. Dup, dup.

     "Wait. Not here, or we might get caught. Come on, let's go." Brad ordered and signalled them to follow him as he put his right forefinger on his lips so that the girls keep it down. The two girls dragged me roughly to follow them. My scream was muffled in one of their hands. My eyes stared in fright at the sight of the theatre door distancing further away from me; the door entrance that could guarantee me safe and secure.

     Why do these types of things keep happening to me?! Why do I always fall victim? Always.

     "Let. Me. Go!" I screamed in muffled voices then push the strong two girls away from me, throwing away the hand covering my mouth in disgust and with Strong force. It was too late. We were already a good distance away with walls around to help them not get caught. I was surrounded.

     "Hmm, what should we do first," Brad who had messy brown hair looked at me teasingly with mischief in his voice and had two fingers rubbing his chin. "What do you think, sweetheart? What should we do to you?"

     "Don't touch me!" I got as far away from him as far possible, disgusted to the pit of my stomach.

     "Ooo, feisty," he chuckled, "we should fix that."

     "Stop fooling around, Brad. You’re scaring the little girl!" Annoying girl Two.

     "Hey, I wonder what's under her scarf. You know, maybe she's bold and try to hide it! Come on; let's check it out for ourselves." Annoying girl one.

     "NOOO, let go! Noo, don't touch me!" The girls fought to rip off my hijab and I was fighting my best to stop them. They told me to stop resisting and I felt so weak that I couldn't defend myself against these people.

     "If you got nothing to hide, then you got nothing to hide!" The girl hissed angrily at my stubborn resistance.

     All of a sudden, Brad fell hard on the ground and groaned. We all turned to face him and faced the source. There was Hassan with balled fist breathing heavily and a scary look.

     His eyes! The iris of his eyes! They're black. "Whoa, look! Why is he wearing contacts all of a sudden?" The first girl whispered to the other's ear as they both looked weirdly towards Hassan. They both suddenly screamed and walked backwards at the approaching Hassan who had a scary look on his face. Brad looked terrified but he seemed to weak from the earlier blow that he couldn't run away. Hassan took the closest object which was a folding chair and hit it hard against Brad's back. Brad groaned and coughed out blood before he fainted. The two girls had already ran away by now.

     Hassan let go of the folding chair from his hand. "You blew away your second, and last chance. Don't tell me you didn't see that coming." Hassan stared disgusted at Brad's limp body. Obviously Brad didn't reply since he already fainted. Hassan then stared straight at me and my involuntarily moved backwards one step. What now? Should I run and be scared or..."Thanks," I chose the latter option since he did kind of save me.

     His eyes were flaming black. It was like the blackness in his Iris wanted to spread wider but was still hanging in there. He snorted, "You took way to long, I would've guessed something was wrong."

     I smiled. So he did care about me! Maybe he got worried and came looking for me? "Yeah, sorry."

     Hassan held on to his chest tightly like something was hurting inside him and I grew worried. He faced the floor and the room was silent for a moment. I stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

     "Hahaha...HAHAHAHHA" His voice suddenly broke into an uncontrollable creepy laughter. He still had his face facing the floor so I couldn't catch his expression. His voice! It's...it's...

     Hassan's head pivoted upwards to face me and I could finally see it all. Blackness had taken over the entire of his eyes- literally - for the second time. "You really are a slut and attention whore, aren't you? You like the attention he's giving you? Well, I'm about to put an end to it." The hoarse voice of a very familiar woman.

     No...no... Not this again!

     Dup, dup. Dup, dup. "Now...how should I kill you?" The question was more for her. She- or he (Hassan)- looked around the room and something caught his/her attention as a smirk grew on his face. He picked up a cigarette lying on the floor, just beside Brad's limp body. With a snap of a finger, the cigarette was lightened. He snatched my arm, and the woman's voice giggled a creepy laughter excitedly. I screamed and a tear formed at the ends of my eyes as the lighten cigarette was pressed against my skin. 

     The burning sensation hurt! But I couldn't do anything but keep it all to myself. She change sides and made another small circle mark on the side of the first mark. Again, the burning sensation hit me and I bit my lip trying to endure the pain. Then, the third. This time a scream broke out of my mouth without me able to control it. 'She' giggled delightedly at my cry. She/he leaned his face beside my ear and whispered, "more. Scream more for me."

     By the fifth time, she grew tired of my cries. "This is taking too long to kill you..." She/he let go of my arm and I hold it tight and hissing in pain, breathing hard. "Maybe I should try something else...let's see...," he snapped his fingers on his left hand and fire blew up above his fingers, "fire...or...," in his other hand holds a sharp object, "Knife?"

     She looked to be in a painful dilemma of which would be nicer to watch me suffer. I was still groaning from the burn of my right arm earlier- the pain hasn't gone away. I shut my eyes, groaning again, but I still heard her voice.

     "Sakinah...Hassan?" Another voice. A male voice. I opened my eyes painfully and there far ahead was Jerk. I quickly covered my right sleeve to hide the burning marks. Hassan/ the woman (ghost) didn't have to turn to know who it was; she knew it instantly. "You lucky brat! Next time...I promise." Hassan pressed the temples on his forehead like he had a painful migraine then there it was again, when he opened his eyes they were grey again.

     "Sakinah? What is wrong with her?!" I quickly stood up and pretended like it was nothing trying to keep a straight face. Hassan looked confusedly towards me then at Jerk. He frowned, "none of you business!"

     "She's my neighbour, she IS my business! Look at the time Hassan. It's getting late. Don't you think her family would be worried?!" Hassan flinched at Jerk's calm yet firm response.

     "Fine," Hassan spat, "I'll take her home then."

     "I don't trust you."

     "I WANT to take her home, Mirza. LET me take her home."

     "Fine," Jerk dejectedly accepts, "but I'm keeping a close watch."

     Five minutes later, I was riding in Hassan's motor behind him. I was not touching him though, keeping the distance well apart and he was kind enough to drive slowly. Jerk was driving in his car, keeping a close watch from behind us. It was a silent ride against the dusk breeze. I was trying my best to keep my act together. My heart was throbbing internally. I had to think of excuses to make when I get home later. Suddenly Hassan broke the silence by asking something random and weird; typical of him. 

     "Do you believe in ghosts and devils," that took me by surprise and he was hesitant to continue, "do you believe that they exist...in this real world?"

      I thought carefully, "maybe." He was silent as he continued gearing his motor ahead. The sky was dark and the moon was dim. There was the sound of a hundred crickets chirping and a flock of birds flew past the sky. "Was that the reason why you wanted to watch the movie?" I asked.

     "I...I'm not sure. I just suddenly had the urge to after so long. I wanted to know what their perception of what a ghost is." So it wasn't 'revenge' that intrigues him to the movie? "I heard it was the scariest movie yet. Turns out, it was crappy like the rest." 

     That's it? That's all he had to say for himself? Was that all that mattered to him...that the movie was 'crappy'?! What about the part where I was hurt, does THAT matter to him? My heart throbbed painfully against my chest. I was disappointed at Hassan. Maybe this friendship can't be saved?

     It was silence again. "Did anything happen," Hassan broke the silence with a serious question, "did something happen after I beat that 'Brad' guy?" Doesn't he remember? He waited patiently for my answer. "STOP! Here will do. I can walk myself home from here; it's not that far away." He reluctantly stopped and we departed from there. 

     I brazed myself on getting interrogated at home. The moment I reached the front door, I grew anxious. I reluctantly opened the door. The living room was closest to the front door and everyone was sitting on the sofa. Everyone turned to face me the moment I walked in. My mum stood up immediately. My dad was calm and took a sip of coffee before putting it down on the table. "Let me handle this." My dad told my mum.

     "Sakinah, where were you just now?" My father asked sternly. My siblings exchanged whispers with each other.

     "I was out with my friend and I lose track of time, sorry." That wasn't entirely a lie.

     "Are you hiding anything from me?" He presses.

     "No." It hurts me to lie to him but I don't know what else to say to make it all better. No doubt he would freak out if he knew. It was a white lie, I kept telling myself.

     "Good. Don't repeat this. Sakinah, we trust you. Don't do anything stupid to break that trust, you hear me? No go take your ablution; we're starting our prayers (Maghrib) soon." Just that simple word that he trusts me melts my heart and broke it to pieces. I faced the floor so they don't see my tears.

     [Ablution, or 'Wudhu' in Arabic= a requirement to do before prayers which is washing oneself on some parts of the body]

     "Yes, Dad." I rush to the bathroom. The moment the water hit my right arm, it sting. I hissed but continued until I've done. We prayed Jamaah (in a group, together side by side) afterwards. The matter wasn't discussed anymore and it was understood that they expect no repetition of today

***

     School day. I had been avoiding Hassan all day long. It was recess time now, and I was at the school garden or the 'Eco-Garden' as we call it. I took in the fresh smell of green air and swing my arms to and fro freely. There was no one else there on the beautiful garden. Guess everyone was too busy filling in their stomachs. 

     There were ponds there with fishes, frogs and tortoises in it. The sound of small splashes of the water sent me smiling involuntarily. Then there was the greenery and colourful flowers followed by butterflies roaming about.

     I continued walking and suddenly a soft fur hit my legs. For a moment I flinched, thinking it was snoopy but saw that it was only a cat seeking my attention. I had always loved cats so I picked him up gently into my arms and rubbed its fur comfortingly from his neck to his back. Then I rubbed it's neck. He seemed to like that gesture. I played for a while with the cat.

     After a while, I turned around only to come face to face with Hassan. "I've been searching for you." 

     "What do you want?" I said annoyed.

     "Found another company better than me?" He snorted. I didn't get it until my eyes landed on the cat. I protectively hugged the cat closer to me. I didn't respond to him.

     "Tell me, do you love that cat?" I kept quiet and continued stroking the cat gently and faced the other direction from him.

     He snickered. "Fine. Let's put you to a test then." Before I knew it, the cat I was holding was snatched out of my grasp harshly.  I stared at him angrily. His Iris was black again. He pulled a pen knife out of his left pocket and opened the blade. So there was the cat on his right arm and an open blade on his left fist.

     "You. Or cat. Decide now." 

     Dup, dup. Dup, dup.

     I grit my teeth hard. If looks could kill, I'm doing so now with my eyes staring furiously at him. But no words came out of my mouth. The cat wriggles to get away but Hassan holds it in place. 

     He looked at the pen knife closely; observing its sharpness then pointed it at me. "Is it you," he stared at me curiously, "are you willing to risk your life for a mere cat you just found?"

     "Or...," he continued, "would you have preferred this cat's life taken away rather than yours?" He put the blade close to the cat's neck and playfully sliding it around it's body but not pressing the sharp blade just yet. The cat whimpered not liking the look of that sharp object. That was when I lost all my cool. For the first time ever over this period where I was bullied and intimidated by Hassan, I stood up to him. Bravery than I never knew was inside of me bloomed right there with a fiery passion.

     "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I shouted to the top of my lungs. 

     "Hassan, I think I've tolerated you long enough. But I'm not taking your crap any longer," my voice was harsh. It was loud and clear. I starred at him straight in the eye with such intensity and determination, I never even blinked.

     "What is wrong with you? What is with your sudden change of character, huh Hassan? Are you really my friend?! Where's that soft kind-hearted guy that I meet the first time. I was friends with that guy, WHERE WAS HE?!" My voice started to break but I steadily looked straight into his eyes. He flinched and frowned at my response.

     "This is NOT the guy I want to be friends with. Not the guy- or any person- who would ever think of harming an animal!"

     I inhaled in a deep breath, "you asked me. Me or the cat. Isn't it obvious?" My sore throat felt dry. My tears were already flowing rapidly down my cheeks. 

     He looked at me curious and questioningly. I calmly snatched the blade. He was holding the handle, so my fist landed on the sharp side of the blade. As if not enough, I tighten my grasp tighter against the sharp blade that starting to bleed my hand. Hassan was trying to snatch the blade out of my hands but I wasn't letting it go. I dragged the sharp blade close to my chest with only my fist, the blade cutting the skin of my palms deeper. That gesture seemed to scare Hassan as his grasp on the handle of the pen knife started to tremble vigorously. 

     "THAT CAT is INNOCENT. The only one at fault here is ME! So if you truly want to seek your revenge, you really need to let go 'your anger' so much at me for breaking that stupid promise. Then go ahead, KILL ME!"

     "Enough!" Hassan's voice broke. Convinced that I wasn't going to let go of the blade, he let go of it instead and also the cat.  The cat ran away from the scene. There only stood Hassan and me facing awkwardly at each other. The blade fell on the ground.

     Were my eyes playing me? For the first time ever, Hassan's black eyes returned grey on it's own. Usually, it only does when he observed himself get caught. What shocked me more was the fact that there were tears forming in his eyes. His eyelashes spread out and wetted making it look more beautiful. "You do care...You were not selfish." He sobbed a tear, and then rubbed his wet eyes dry. I never understood what he meant.

     We were too into our world that we didn't notice we were making a scene. There was a huge crowd surrounding us. They had observed it all. Hassan was caught single-handed for bullying me. "How do you feel about that? All your 'kind' act to hide your dark self from everyone else. Now everyone saw it. You're caught!"

     "Sakinah!" Me and Hassan turned to our right to see an approaching Jerk coming along. "I knew it! You bloody bastard!" A hard fist came flying against Hassan's cheeks. Jerk was blaring with anger, shooting death threats with his eyes at Hassan.

     Hassan fell from the force. He frowned and stared back at Jerk as he rubbed his red swollen cheeks. "I deserved that."

     "SHUT UP. I don't want to hear it. You are not permitted to talk after what you just did!" Jerk exploded in disgust.

     "Sakinah. Hassan. Follow me to my office now." Hassan got himself up and we both reluctantly followed.

     Once inside, we were told to sit. "What happened back there?" We both remained silent and looked down, ashamed.

     "Sakinah, did Hassan bully you?" I kept quiet. 

     "Hassan, care to explain?"

     "It was my fault, not Sakinah. I ashamedly confess I DID bully Sakinah. I deserve any punishments coming towards me." I was shocked that Hassan was willing to confess. An eyebrow creased his forehead.

     "For how long," the Principal asked. Please don't answer that! Please just say today was all...

     "Two weeks now" That fool!

     "Very well. You might end in an expulsion." The principle deadpanned. I and Hassan widen our eyes in shock. Hassan quietly faced down, unable to defend himself.

     "Wait, WHAT?" The principle stared at me. "What is it Sakinah?"

     I stood up and slammed both my hands on the principal table. "You can't expel him. He's still new to this school!"

     "But what he did to you was unforgivable! And to that cat!"

     "I DON'T CARE! Nothing happened, right? Everyone makes mistakes. His was no exceptions."

     "But Sakinah, I'm afraid.." 

     I bit my lips annoyed. I wasn't going to win this fight unless I give a reasonable excuse for Hassan’s actions. I stared at Hassan apologetically, "I'm sorry Hassan, but I have to do this."

     The principal looked at me questioningly, "Hassan came from a dire circumstance that may have resulted him to act this way, Miss. He came from an abusive step father who would beat him constantly and his mom. His father is dead now. But surely that traumatizing experience would leave some kind of an effect on him!"

     The principal heaved in a sigh and looked at Hassan. "Is that true?" Hassan bit his lip and painfully nodded. 

     "What he needed is NOT expulsion. You do not want to release him just like that without some kind of a help, Miss. What he need is counselling and anger management!" I pressed.

     Hassan arched an eyebrow at me. I ignored it. "You can leave now. I will handle it from here."

     I left knowing that I had tried my best. The moment I left the door, I breathe in a lungful breath. I didn't go back to class. I waited out there, sitting on the ground deep in thoughts.

     "How did it go?" That voice shocked me. Jerk stared me down with his arms crossed.

     "Well...I guess." He nodded and sat beside me. 

     "That jerk..." he mumbled after a moment of silence.

     "How ironic, hearing that come out of your mouth." He smirked and chuckled. 

     We kept quiet again. But the silence wasn't awkward, it was comforting.

     "Thanks...for defending me." I smiled and looked at him.

     He flinched. "Don't over-credit yourself. I saved the cat, not you!"

     I broke into laughter full of humour. "I thought you hated cats?" He was at a loss of words. I knew he did care but was just too embarrassed and egoistical to admit it openly.

     "You know, maybe if we be nicer to each other instead of fighting all the time, we would stop hurting. You know?" I looked at him hopeful.

     He snorted. "Nice try. Nothing has changed. I am your ultimate bully and that Hassan was in the way. I couldn't get any response or fear from you because of him!" He looked pissed. I was taken aback. Was that really the reason? I was disappointed. Way to ruin a heart to heart talk, Jerk!

     He smirked mischievously. "Hey,” he played with the sides of his hair, "I know of a way you can repay me for my 'kind' and majestic act."

     I rolled my eyes. "How?" I sense something stupid coming out of his mouth already.

     His smirk grew wider. "Well...," he mocked innocent, "next time I bully you, make sure to act twice as scared. Like exaggerate it if you must." I knew it! 

     I groaned. "Once a jerk, ALWAYS a jerk." I straighten myself up and he snickered. I rolled my eyes and was about to walk away.

     "Sakinah," I turned to face him; he looked serious this time, "next time he lay a hand on you, report to me straight. I will beat the crap out of him!"

     I smiled and walked away.

***

     I sat on the rooftop on second recess. I wanted to be away from everyone right now. I don't want to be bombarded with a series of questions all around me. It kind of hurt me that some people who never took notice of me throughout this year suddenly become nice to me just because something unfortunate hits me.

     Why? If it wasn't because of that, they would've have approached me? They would continue ignoring me? I find that type of affection fake, though I know deep in my heart they just sincerely care for me and pitied me.

     "So...You really think I needed anger management?" Hassan arched an eyebrow at me  and smiled weakly.

     I took in a deep breath. I'm not afraid of him, not anymore. "Yes, as a matter of fact I do."

     "Thanks for what you did back there and defending me."

     I snorted in disgust. "It's the least I could do before leaving you for good." I stood up to leave but he blocked my path.

     "Look, I won't hurt you or anything. I just want to talk. I need to explain..."

     "Explain what? How you bullied me? Treated me like crap? Why should I? Did you let me explain the last time?" I said sarcastically, my heart beginning to throb again.

     "Hey, you're at fault too!"

     "Not that STUPID promise again! And what, I deserved to die?!"

     "No..."

     "Long story short, I did that to defend you too."

     "You did?" Hassan looked shock.

     "Yes, and you wouldn't know because you wouldn't even listen to me!"

     "I'm sorry,"

     "Doesn't matter! I don't think I want to save this friendship any longer." Hassan looked hurt and torn up. He closed pressed his arms against the gap of the door, not letting me pass through.

     "Five minutes. And then, I will let you choose whether you want to leave me or not. The choice will be entirely yours and I will respect your decision, whatever it is."

     "Fine. Five minutes." My tone, serious.

     Hassan sighed like he didn't know from where to start. He sat himself down. " I don't know how I'm going to summarize this quickly, but I'll try my best. And you probably would think I'm crazy or a freak after this, but I don't care anymore."

     I wait for him to say more. "A secret. A very dark one, way darker than my last one." 

     I rolled my eyes, frustrated. “Not this burden again!"

     "Please. I really need to let it all out. It's like a disease keeping it all inside and it's eating me up alive! Then, we can seriously have no secrets between us at all."

     "So what? I can break it again and you can seriously kill me afterwards?!' I spat.

     "No," he looked sad that I would even think that, "I NEVER dreamed of hurting you. I was mad, yes. Heart-broken, yes. Wanted revenge, yes, but not through hurting you. All I wanted to was mess with you and scare you a little after what you did."

     I was outraged. "You going to deny what you did to me? I can't believe this, you're worse that what I thought. What you did was NOT ‘little’! "

     "I never did 85% of those stuffs!"

     "Sorry, WHAT?!" He's going to deny what he did again wasn't he?

     Hassan shook his head and rubbed his temples. He smiled sadly. "You seriously going to think I'm crazy." 

     "Back then, I was possessed." 

     "WHAT?!" I mocked surprise, but honestly I already figured much of it. Just shocking to hear it put into words, proving my sanity after all.

     "I'm not so sure, but I have a strong feeling. You see, when I'm possessed, I won't be able to recall a thing that happened. Did my eyes turn black at any moment?"

     "Pfft..yeah, but. Wasn't it some kind of an eye disease or something?" I stated dumbly. I was in denial. I don't want to hear this. The fact that some ghost really is out there to kill me. If it's just Hassan, I could put him behind bars or something, but a GHOST?! What the hell!

     "So it's true. Listen, I was gifted with the ability to see ghosts since birth. Devils, Spirits, whichever you wish to call it. My siblings have the same abilities as me. It's genes. It's how I found out why my real parents died. They used black magic. Then before they died, they had no choice but to pass it down to me. It's the reason why I despised them just as badly towards my step-father. I live in constant darkness and fear because of them!"

     "Your step father, you really killed him?"

     "Well, not really. My elder brother Razi did. I knew of it, but I did nothing because honestly, I wanted him dead just as bad given what he done to us."

     "How was he not caught then?"

     "Duh! He didn't literally kill him. We have other ways to do so, Sakinah. Ways so that we won't get caught. He used his ghost's help- we are all assigned with one each. The ghost helped to kill him in ways disguised as a natural death like accidents or a disease."

     "Why did she possess you? Why did she want to hurt me?"

     "Ahraqah. She has always been possessive of me. She did the impossible and developed feelings for me."

     "Wait, DON'T TELL ME SHE'S JEALOUS OF ME!"

    "You could say that, I guess. She sees you as a threat."

     "I've made up my mind. Now I REALLY want to leave this friendship." What is he, crazy? I don't want to die! I don't want to challenge this 'Ahraqah' and piss her off just so she could kill me! 

     Hassan snorted. "You only saw her a few times. What about me who was forced to see this scary monsters since birth? I cried and cried, but no one believed me. No one wanted to be friend with me thinking I was a freak of nature. Not even the mother whom I loved believe. She even sent me to the hospital thinking that I might be suffering a mental disease. You don't think this hurt me?"

     "It is possible! Ever think that what you're going through could be a mental disease called Schizophrenia?"

     "Depends. Can schizophrenia let me do this?" He pointed his forefinger on an object and signalled it to come, and it did!

     "Or this," he transported himself from one place to another, then back to his original position.

     "Or...," he stood up and signalled for me to follow him and I did. We reached the end of the rooftop and was facing four floors downwards where there was the Eco-Garden at. He closed his eyes in focus. I prayed hard it won't turn black again. I couldn't handle it if it does.

     He opened his eyes and different sets of colour took in; green, pink, blue, yellow. I stared at it in amazement. Suddenly, from the flowers at the eco-Garden below. One petal of different flowers so as not to destroy it, and of different colours flew towards us. It swirled and played around Hassan's hands before forming into a beautiful delicate flower of different coloured petals each; it looked art! Hassan presented it to me, and I took it delightedly.

     "Wow. Can you really do anything with this powers?"

     "Not anything too big, but a lot of things. I try my best not to use it as much possible though. The more I use it, the more my heart darkens, snatching every humanity in me. The more I use this, the more easily for the ghost to posses me. Remember how I got possessed? Me getting mad was also an easy pathway for Ahraqah to take control of my body."

     "Hmm," I took what he said to mind. Then I remembered the nightmare I had of her. Did she know that I was going to break that promise and that Hassan was going to get mad. Did she plan it all out which was why she seemed so relax all of the sudden?

     "No wonder you're so perfect. Your 100 marks on every subject?"

     Hassan rolled his eyes, "I'm not born stupid you know. I'm quite smart myself. But yes, that did help me cheat without getting caught."

     "I knew it! You were suspiciously too perfect! And...your good looks..."

     Hassan rolled his eyes and was about to say something smart when suddenly he widen his eyes, "Wait, you think I'm good looking?"

     Suddenly I realised my mistake. I let it slip out of my tongue without thinking. I flushed in embarrassment. "P-Pfft, yeah! But it was only because of that power you have right?" 

     "Nope," he popped the letter P, "this is all natural baby." He touched his face in admiration.

     "Oh shut up!" I rolled my eyes and can't help but laugh a little. I knew he didn't really mean it. He's not arrogant and self-conscious about his good-looks like Jerk is.

     "So...have you made up your mind about staying or leaving?" Hassan's voice fell serious again.

     I looked at him longingly thinking. "Now I just don't have the heart to leave you after I heard about your pain and that no one believes you."

     "I didn't tell you all those just so you could feel pity towards me!"

     "Neither do I have the heart to stay in fear I'm going to mess everything up again. I already mess up my first chance with that promise. And...I don't know if you know this but I'm quite a misfortunate person. You stick with me, these 'misfortunes' is going to hit you too like it or not. I don't want to be a disappointment." I stared down sadly.

     "Are you kidding me? I've never had a dream come true until the day I met you." Aww. But really cheesy. Then he told me about the continuous good dreams he had about me in a beautiful white dress that made him love the colour white. He said I was smiling and blah blah...and like what the hell? How come he gets to have a good dream for two weeks straight and all I get was nightmares of him dying and me running around in circles and killed by that monster girl?

     I didn't tell him about my nightmares I've had of him though. I didn't want to worry him with my problems. Or encourage him that it was indeed a sign to something big. Like he freaking thinks that I could be the solution to his problem? I'm like NOOOOO WAAAY...I'm oblivious, dumb, stupid and weak to know how to fix his ghost problem.

     "Just stay with me then. Be my friend. I could not bear the pain of being lonely any longer."

     "But what if the ghost try to kill me again?" I only meant it as a joke but Hassan seemed to take it differently. he seemed hurt. "She won't. I won't let her. Won't you forgive me?"

     I smiled apologetically for what I said. "I already did."

     "Speaking of you messing up, what if I'm the one who messed up? Maybe you really should leave me after all!"

     My heart sticks out to him for staying strong after all that he has been through. And I think I was the most misfortunate girl ever lived? Astaghfirullah..."Don't worry. I'll just be awesome instead! Now come on," I looked at my watch. 

     "You stole 20 minutes of my time you idiot, it wasn't just 5 minutes!" He stick his tongue out  and roll his eyes at me.

     "Five minutes left, I think we can still manage at least a snack if we're fast. I don't understand why, but somehow whenever I hang out with you here always result in me getting a stomach ache. And if it's one thing I could not stand- two things actually- is sleep deprivation and an empty stomach; it drives me mad, now come on!"

     He laughed, like seriously laughed. It was sincere and real this time which I was taken aback of and I smiled back in return. Then we rushed down the stairs to the canteen like a bunch of eight-year olds.

     We passed through Jerk who was with his friends. He stood up when he saw me. He had that look of bafflement when he saw us. "What is this Sakinah? I thought we made a deal that you won't be with this jerk over here again. He HURT you! And now you going to be friends with him again and act like nothing happened?" I don't understand why he had that look like I had betrayed him.

     "I have forgiven him and moved on with my life, Jerk. You should be happy for me that I actually made friends!"

     Jerk snickered in bafflement, "I can't believe this." He shakes his head disapprovingly with a sad smile.

     He then looked straight at me. "Guess it's true. You ARE a slut and an attention grabber, aren't you?" I was taken aback by the harshness in his tone. Why do people keep calling me that? I'm a Muslim, not a slut! Don't they see me all covered up modestly like this? We Muslims are virgins unless we got married!

     But most of all, what hurt me was I thought he was being nice to me earlier and I thought we going to at least be civil to each other. Guess I was wrong.

     "You deserved to be bullied. Just look at you, weak and worthless. Want to know something interesting? I only saved you to boost my popularity anyways so you can just forget about what I said."

     I didn't know he would go that far. I felt the world stopped after he said that straight to my face. I felt hurt and badly scared. Without me noticing, tears fell down my face.

     "You Jerk! Remember your punch? Well here is mine!" Jerk was thrown backwards from the punch and I was immediately brought back to reality. Jerk stood back up to return the punch, blaring in anger.

     I have to stop this. Hassan is powerful with even just a small blow, he could kill this guy.

     "Wait, stop!"

***

Dear diary,

M.O.T.D= 1) I didn't remember much of what happened after I yelled, "Wait, stop!" I think two hard fists had hit me and after that all I see was blackness. I woke up in the nurse's office and she told me I fainted from the two hard blows. Remind me never to get- literally - in between two people who are ready to beat the hell out of each other. I'm never doing that again! Yeah, I've learned that the hard way. Damn that Jerk. At least, Hassan turned out to be good. He still hasn’t turned over a new leaf.

     'Once a Jerk, always a Jerk' (I'll hold on to that saying forever!) 

                2) I might actually die, like seriously. Two things might actually come out of me meeting Hassan; one good and one bad. Good, because watching him still surviving and holding it together trying his best despite his struggles inspires me to do the same. He's just as misfortunate, if not worse than me. I want to be a pal to him.

       I stared at the artistic flower I had gotten from Hassan. It's all worth it, I thought as I smile.

     Right! Now I am more motivated than ever! I'm going to do some research about black magic, and about Jins (That's what I suspect the ghost to be). Then I'm going to do some research about my religion, I need Allah's protection through all of this. 

     I put back the beautiful flower inside my diary book. I've made it into my precious bookmark from now on.

***

(Hassan's P.O.V)

     I can't lie and say that I wasn’t the least bit disappointed to find out that Sakinah didn't have the solution to my problem. I was. But I didn't mind. I wondered what that dream could've meant then? I’m sure it's some kind of a sign!

     Hmm. My mind floated to Sakinah. She's funny...kind...and a good friend. How could I have doubted her at all? Since the moment I saw her in my dream with that white dress smiling radiantly, I knew that I could trust her instantly. I WAS the bad friend, not her. I was the one being selfish and ignorant, not her.

     In a snap, Ahraqah suddenly was present in front of me. "Hassan!"

     "Don't touch me! I'm disgusted at you. You took advantage of me. You've let your jealousy took control and even tried to hurt Sakinah with my body!"

     Ahraqah seemed taken aback by my anger towards her. "H-how could you say that?! I thought we shared a special connection together and it wasn't until that useless human came along!"

     I snorted. "Yeah, go on. Keep fooling yourself into that stupid impossible fantasy you got there." I shake my head and tried to ignore her presence as much possible.

     "Anything. Anything you want, say it and I WILL give it to you. Anything at all."

     "I told you, Ahraqah. I'm not interested." 

     "Is it looks then? Although I personally think she wasn't all that good looking, but fine!"

     "Ahraqah.." My voice serious. I'm getting tired of her, she just never gets it. And then before I said anything, she transformed herself into the most beautiful girl ever. A curvaceous body that would make a guy lust. Long soft black curly hair; she knew I loved black. A perfect skin tone and a flirtatious smile that would kill any men who sees it. But her good looks won't fool me.

     "It's not that, Ahraqah. You can do nothing. Nothing you do will change how I feel, so give up already!"

     "No," she looked sad, "Don't tell me...Is it because she's human and I'm not, is THAT it?!"

     I heaved an annoyed sigh. "Yes."

     She looked hurt. "I HATE THAT WOMAN! I'm going to KILL her, I'm going to HURT her and I'm going to TORTURE her!"

     "Ahraqah.."

     "I hate her, I hate her, I HATE her!! She has to die!" 

     "Ahraqah.."

     "I told you, if I can't have you, then no one will!" That snap a nerve on me and I really wanted to kill this lunatic woman but I just wished I knew how.

     "AHRAQAH! If you dare lay a hand on her, I will NEVER love you. We will NEVER be together again and I will HATE you more than anything in this world. Sakinah's just a friend, now will you quit your jealousy?"

     "But..."

     "No buts Ahraqah, I'm serious!"

     "You promise she's just a friend?"

     I was getting tired of this. "Yes, Ahraqah, YES!"

     She heaved an annoyed sighed and rolled her eyes as she reluctantly accepts. "Fine. I won't hurt, for now. But I will hold on to that promise forever. Just remember that, my love." I seriously wanted to puke. She disappeared from my sigh and I was about to go to bed.

     I text Sakinah just in case. "Ahraqah promised not to lay a hand on you again. Tell me if she does anything again okay? :)"

     Ahraqah's irritating voice rang the silent and peaceful room. "Only if you keep that promise! Sleep tight my darling!'

     I felt sick to my stomach. I knew better than breaking that promise. It's 'Spirits' and 'Ghosts' like her that taught me the arts of betrayal. But seriously, Sakinah was just a friend to me so I don't have anything to worry about.

     The thought of Sakinah made me forget all my stresses again. I knew I was going to dream about meeting her again in that white dress. I involuntarily smiled and felt eager to fall asleep.

     "Sweet dreams Sakinah. Wherever you are right now..."

_________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I really worked hard on this chapter and took the ENTIRE day just getting it done. No doubt this is going to be super long, but I hoped you love. I think you have a good idea of how the plot will go and climax and twist will definitely build up XP

Show some love and acknowledgement for my hard work by voting and commenting, that is all I ask.

About that movie thingy and someone fighting causing a huge distraction. That happened to me a while back when I was watching Harry Potter's latest movie. Everyone, literally got interested at the people fighting than the huge movie screen. It was on the far back of the movie room where there was two girls and like five boys, both groups shouting at each other and profanities from time to time. I didn't know what they were arguing about. It was a scary scene to watch but so attention-grabbing! When they were sent out, my brother even had a stupid idea out of his curiosity to pretend to go to the toilet just so he could spy on them shouting and fighting outside -.-

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Vote

Picture of Ahraqah and music video I feel suited for this chapter ;)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment down there! VVVVVV

Peace!

=D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 133K 53
[My stories do NOT represent Islam, they represent most Muslims nowadays] ~~~~ "So I can't be this close to you?" Brody softly asked, pretending he d...
3.3K 143 15
"You give me the kind of feeling people write novels about." __ novelistsoul❣ "Mujhse kaha gaya mehnat (محنت) karna, Maine nukta palat kar mohabbat (...
131K 7.5K 42
He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She finds negatives in life. He is a playgr...
188K 14K 58
●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent readers, please vote. It encourages me...