The Soldier's Hostage

By SilverJuniper

"What is the appeal in being bound?" I looked up at Arthur in surprise, flushing darkly. I looked back into... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Three

1.4K 57 17
By SilverJuniper

Arthur sent me to bed when noon rolled around. It was late for me too honestly. As the food source and plaything of Vampires, I usually kept to their hours. He regarded me for a long moment from the doorway as I kicked off my shoes and sat on the edge of the bed.

He finally frowned and moved into the room. He grabbed the hanging cuff that was still half attached to the bedpost and held out a hand. I glanced up into his eyes, a little startled at the mild apology I found there.

I gave him my wrist and he clicked the cuff around it, making sure it was tight without being uncomfortable. I watched him leave then, just as confused as yesterday. The apology was foreign. I had expected him to keep me constrained somehow, especially after they had caught us talking about escape. He shouldn't have felt the need to apologize for that. He shouldn't have felt the need to apologize to a human at all.

I was also quite confused as to why he still had yet to touch me in any way other than a cursory professionalism. My body and my blood should have been his to use and abuse. Yet, he was refusing to even look at me that way.

I sighed and slid under the covers, getting comfortable around the cuff binding my wrist. Maybe he was just keeping me in good condition before Sophia came to get us. That had to be it. If we were dead or damaged, we were useless as a bargaining chip. I closed my eyes to get some sleep as I decided that had to be it.

For the next week we settled into that strange routine. Arthur didn't cook so we would go out for coffee and something to eat for one meal and he would order in for the other meal. He watched me carefully for any signs that I was going through withdrawal and would give me a fix before it got to bad. He cuffed me to the bed at night. And he never touched me.

At the end of the week, it all changed. I cocked my head curiously when Arthur came out of his room in a police officers uniform. He noticed me staring at him and then explained as he turned back to getting ready to go get breakfast.

"I have to go back to work today. You'll be fine on your own?"

I slowly nodded. We went to the usual place, where Ashley, the usual order taker, greeted us both by name and handed over our coffee and muffins. Then Arthur took me back to his apartment and stopped in the doorway. I glanced back when he didn't follow me in.

He fixed me with a serious look. "I'm not going to handcuff you. If there's an emergency you need to be able to move. But I expect you to stay in the apartment and not make trouble."

I nodded. "Right." I frowned when he looked at me suspiciously. "I won't go anywhere." Arthur finally nodded and juggled his breakfast into one hand so he could grab the doorknob. He gave me some last minute instructions to go down the hall to Zach and Sable, or upstairs to Katty if I needed anything. Then he headed off to work.

I sighed as I looked around the apartment. I was pretty sure I could get the TV working. Though I didn't know if I could sit still for that long. He hadn't left me with any chores to do. I sighed and sat down to eat my breakfast. That didn't kill much time at all.

I settled in to watch TV. I wasn't like Max. I couldn't just sit still and zone for any length of time. I needed something to do or the boredom would drive me insane. Time slowly ticked by. When would Arthur be back?

I leapt to my feet as the door opened, spinning to see who it was. A girl walked in. Katty's sister, Tony. She grinned at me. "Hello there. Tucker, right? Relax. Arthur sent me to check up on you." She looked me over. "You look bored."

I nodded. "I'm used to doing chores of one kind or another."

Tony chuckled. "Well, don't try to clean in here. Everything is exactly where Arthur wants it. Unless we're talking about the kitchen. That could probably use a good scrubbing and restock of actual food." She turned for the refrigerator. "I keep telling him he needs to cook instead of doing take out all the time but..."

She hauled something out of the fridge, looking it over with a goodly amount of disgust. She shook her head and tossed it. I moved around the couch and over to the kitchen, keeping the table between us.

"I can cook."

She looked at me with interest. "Really? You like doing it?" I nodded and she grinned. "Perfect. That'll make him a little healthier and give you something to do." She stuck her head back in the fridge and started cleaning it out in earnest. "Take a look around and figure out what you'll need for a week. Then we'll go shopping."

Between the two of us, the kitchen was soon cleaned out, scrubbed clean, and awaiting actual food. Then Tony was hustling me out of the house and down to her car. She was rather chatty the whole time. I didn't really mind though.

She suddenly glanced at me in interest. "So? How is it living with Arthur?" I pressed my lips together, unsure of what I should say about him. She grinned. "Be honest."

I sighed. "He's not bad. It's been a little strange getting used to how he communicates."

Tony nodded. "Yeah. Short sentences and lots of body language. He's a loner by choice but he won't take that out on you. He'll just disappear for a bit or let you out to play with your friends. He's a really nice guy honestly. Unless he flips his shit, then get out of his way and hope he forgets about you."

Tony went quiet as she maneuvered through some traffic, then started up again. "Just let him stick to his routine and carefully work yourself into it. You shouldn't have to many problems."

Tony helped me get enough groceries for what looked like a month. I had been going for only the bare essentials. She just arbitrarily threw in this and that, telling me it was Arthur's favorite or I should try it. I bowed to her will, partly out of habit and partly because I really had no choice. She knew my living partner much better than I did. And she was the one paying.

Then she started pestering me about what I would want to pass the time. She ended up picking up a book of puzzles and a couple books to read, pressing them into my hands and informing me I would be getting these.

I didn't bother arguing with her. I got the feeling she would just steamroll right over all my protests. I helped her haul everything back up to the apartment and then she made me put it all away, claiming that I should organize it since I would be working with it. It made sense.

She settled at the table and continued talking until she glanced at the time and stiffened. "Wow. Nine already? I need to get to the shop. Nice talking to you Tucker. I'll see you later, okay?" She got up and waved as she left.

I watched her go. Then turned back to stocking the shelves and refrigerator. Tony was alright for a Vampire. She had given me plenty to do and a good deal of information on my living partner. Fit myself into his routine huh? I could do that.

I had no idea when Arthur would be home from work so I decided to put something into the slow-cooker I had found. Beef stew could simmer for hours and be ready whenever he got back. Once everything was in the pot, I started in on one of the books Tony had recommended.

It was almost dawn when I got up to check on the food. I lifted the lid and inhaled. It smelled delicious. I stirred it and found everything cooked to perfection. The door opened and I looked up at Arthur, suddenly nervous. He stared at me for a long moment. Then he scowled and hissed angrily.

My response was automatic. I dropped to my knees and placed my hands on the floor as I bowed my head, hoping the submission would head off the worst of the punishment. My heart was trying to thud out of my chest and I cursed Tony with every frenzied breath. She had set me up.

I shivered when I couldn't hear Arthur. I had no idea where he was or what he was doing. Was he still where I had last seen him or had he moved around me? Was he enjoying the sight of me on my knees or was he just waiting for me to lift my head so he could punish me for that too?

I just couldn't stand it anymore. I slowly lifted my head enough that I could see the door. He wasn't there. I raised my head a little more and looked around the apartment. I couldn't see him anywhere. I suddenly heard him speaking loudly in the hall and ducked my head again.

I could hear half of a conversation as he walked back in the door and shut it. "I've told you a hundred times Tony, I do not need you to look after me. And getting the human to do your dirty work is unappreciated." He stopped talking and skidded to a halt before moving any closer to me.

He grunted before beginning to argue again. "That might be true but I- I've been taking care of myself just fine for the past- Tony!" He groaned in aggravation and then sighed. "Fine. But know that I am only allowing it to get you off the phone. I've got a more pressing matter."

I squeezed my eyes shut as he stepped towards me. I dropped my forehead all the way to the floor, unable to express my submission any more than I already was. I felt like it wasn't going to be enough. The cool tiles under my forehead made me shiver.

"Tucker?"

I opened my eyes and spotted Arthur's feet in my peripheral vision. He was sitting on his haunches, just a little out of reach. I flinched away in spite of myself.

"Tucker. Look at me."

His voice was gentle and firm. I didn't trust it. I couldn't disobey however. I slowly lifted my head enough to turn and look up at him. I couldn't meet his eyes, but I came as close as I dared.

He spoke quietly and precisely, no emotions in his tone whatsoever. "I'm not angry at you. I'm not going to touch you. You don't have to be afraid of me. Why don't you stand up and show me what you've made."

I shoved myself to my feet. My eyes dropped to the floor again as I clasped my hands behind my back. Arthur stayed down on his heels for a moment, then rose, as gracefully and lithe as any predator. I retreated a step and ran into the counter.

Arthur didn't even seem to notice my clumsiness. He just stood still as stone, watching me as he waited for me to follow his commands. I tilted my head towards the slow-cooker. "I wasn't sure when you would be home so I made beef stew. I didn't mean to presume. I'm sorry."

Arthur slowly stepped towards me and I flinched away before remembering I wasn't supposed to do that. I shivered, trying not to think about how many times I had messed up in the space of five minutes. How much I would be punished and in what ways.

Arthur slowly and deliberately removed the lid to the pot and breathed it in. "Smells good." He reached over and grabbed a spoon out of a drawer, dipping it into the broth and pulling out a taste. I waited as he savored it on his tongue. "Tastes good too. Ready to eat?"

I nodded. He pulled down a pair of bowls and dished some out, still moving carefully. Then he took them over to the table and set them down. He placed a spoon in each and sat down. He gestured to the seat with the second bowl in front of it. "Come, sit. Eat."

I quickly complied. I took a bite but I couldn't taste it. I was almost choking on it. I kept expecting Arthur to yank it away from me. Hit it across the room and yell at me to clean it up. I jumped when he spoke quietly.

"You like to cook?"

I nodded, staring into my half empty bowl.

"And you're bored here by yourself all day." It wasn't a question but I nodded anyways. He hummed thoughtfully. "I suppose I could handle letting you cook."

I looked up at him in surprise. He was playing with me, wasn't he? He had been so angry when he came home. He glanced up at me and noticed my look.

"I wasn't mad at you. I thought Tony was scheming again and had dragged you into it. You're not required to do anything while you're here."

I nodded, still tense despite his assurances. There was a long silence between us, uncomfortable for a moment. I slowly opened my mouth, then blurted out when he didn't seem to object. "Can I go to my room?"

He nodded and I quickly got up, disappearing down the hall and into the bedroom. I carefully closed the door behind me and leaned against it with a gasp of relief. I had escaped without punishment for now. Hopefully, it would last.

I crawled onto the bed and picked up one of the books Tony had gotten me. I almost felt like I shouldn't read it, now that she had gotten me in trouble. But I just couldn't sit here and do nothing. I lay back and started to read.

I hadn't gotten very far, maybe an hour, when my door opened. I leapt to my feet in fear, retreating away as Tony and Arthur came in. Tony was eyeing me intently. Arthur looked angry again, telling Tony to slow down.

I smacked back into the wall and trembled in fear. I was going to get it now. He was just waiting for her to get back and now they were going to lay into me. I was going to be raped and fed from and possibly die.

I couldn't have resisted even if I had wanted to. The strength left my legs and I crumpled to the floor. For the second time today, I was on my knees. I just hoped it would ward off some of it and allow me to live.

Tony skidded to a halt. Arthur sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. He looked up and yanked Tony back when she started towards me again. She looked back at him with distress.

"But he's-"

"In need of some space."

I sucked in air, trying to calm down. I pulled into myself and grasped my wrists tight, focusing on keeping it together as Arthur pulled Tony back out into the hall. I could hear Arthur, telling Tony to go out to the living room and wait quietly. His tone was even and controlled.

Tony huffed but did as he asked. I glanced up at Arthur as he turned back to me, then dropped my eyes back to the floor. Arthur took one step into the room and moved out of the way of the door. I glanced up at him again when he made a motion towards the hall.

"If you need to run then the way is clear." When I didn't move he carefully sat down on the floor and watched me as I looked from him to the door, debating. "Tucker, I'm not going to touch you. Neither is Tony. We mean you no harm. You don't have to fear us."

I swallowed around the lump in my throat and clutched at my chest. My heart was still going to fast. And I didn't think my legs would carry my weight. I could breathe a little easier now though. My voice scratched from my throat, rough and harsh.

"That's what they all say."

I hung my head, angry with myself for saying that. Back talk was no way to get out of a situation with my throat intact. I twitched when Arthur sighed.

"I'm sure they do." I peeked up at him through my bangs. He wasn't looking at me. He was staring off into space. "You can believe it from us however." He paused for a minute, then glanced at me. "Do you need me to bite you?"

I huffed and shoved myself towards the bed. Nope. Legs still to weak. I struggled up onto the mattress anyways, managing to get seated on the edge. Arthur pretended not to notice. "I thought you said you weren't going to touch me." I dropped my forehead into my hand, cursing myself once more for snapping out more sass.

Arthur slowly nodded. "That's why I asked."

I grunted. At least if I had some pheromones in my system I would calm down. Stop being so irritated and digging myself a deeper grave. I turned my head and tilted it to open up my neck. I closed my eyes and listened as Arthur got up off the floor.

I turned to look at him when he sat next to me on the bed, confused when he took my hand. He pulled my arm out and my wrist up to his mouth. It was a little less personal this way. I watched him nick open my wrist and fasten his mouth over it. Heat washed up my arm. Then he pulled away.

He just sat quietly next to me while I waited for the pheromones to circulate. When I started to feel a little better, I carefully met his eyes. "What did Tony want?"

Arthur quirked a smile. "She wanted to apologize for the incident that set me off and scared you. She'll probably tell you I'm a horrible individual for putting you through such an ordeal. Promise you some sort of retribution in return for your trials and travails."

He turned to look at the hallway as Tony yelled from the living room. "You forgot the part about huggles and ice cream!"

Arthur raised his voice to call back. "I don't know that hugs would be appreciated." He turned back to raise an eyebrow at me and I shook my head. "Yeah, hugs are not appreciated."

"Uh huh. Can I come back now?"

Arthur looked at me as he got to his feet. "Come out when you're ready. Or would you like help?"

I shook my head. "I'll be fine." He nodded and disappeared down the hall. I let him get out of sight before getting to my feet. I still felt off balance, but I could walk. I followed Arthur out to the living room and stiffened when Tony started to come towards me again. She stopped before Arthur could grab her again.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to get you in trouble." She grinned at my hesitant nod. "Sire you're cute. Okay! Ice cream!" She happily went for the freezer where I had stored the ice cream she had bought and dished out three bowls while Arthur sat on the couch and turned on the TV. I just stood in the middle of the room, unsure of what to do or where to go.

Tony beckoned me to come help carry as she put the ice cream away. I picked up two of the bowls and took Arthur his. He glanced up at me with satisfaction when I handed it to him and sat down on the other end of the couch. Tony soon bounded over herself and plopped down with Arthur.

We passed the rest of the evening in a gradually calming atmosphere, and I managed to not jump out of my skin or end up on my knees for the rest of the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 79.3K 46
"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to...
6.7M 227K 51
"You shouldn't have called me a dog; I'll make you regret that. Prepare yourself "Sparky" because when we get home I'll make you beg." His eyes were...
2.8K 251 35
"Why do you think Katty chose 'Moon' as her surname? Why not just stick with Le'Roy?" I glanced at her in question, surprised by the random questio...
5K 168 34
[WARNING: MATURE CONTENT/NO RAPE] ~ HE WAS DANGER, THE RED ZONE. It was advised if you see him, run in the other direction but she loved chasing dan...