Chapter Twenty-Nine

"So how does sex between men work?"

I blinked at the sudden question, lifting my head to stare at Arthur as he came to the breakfast table a couple days after our date. We had been working through hard and soft limits as well as anything else that occurred to Arthur, except for sex. He had been avoiding this conversation so far. "Pardon?"

He sat down and leaned back as Angel abandoned my shoulder to jump into his lap. He met my gaze as he idly stroked her fur. "I get the basic mechanics. I just don't understand how it feels good."

I snorted with little mirth as I turned back to my pan, flipping the french toast over. "I don't either I'm afraid."

Arthur regarded my back for a moment. "Alright. We can figure that part out. I'm off today. I'll be taking care of Katty while Jason is at work but after that, I'd like to try...this."

I glanced back at him with a hesitant smile. "This?"

Arthur nodded. "How ever far you'd like to go to start with. I doubt we'll get anywhere close to finishing. And I promise I'll be gentle."

I swallowed, feeling my eyes prickle with tears at the gentle reminder that I wasn't dealing with a Vampire I was used to. I was dealing with a man that actually cared. I smiled. "Thank you." He smirked in return and nodded to where the french toast was going from done to overdone.

We ate breakfast quietly and then Arthur went upstairs. I did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, and just to give myself something else to do, changed the bedding. I groaned when that only killed an hour. If I assumed Jason worked a full eight hour shift with maybe a half hour for travel, that meant I had...way too long to wait.

I sighed and tried to read. I ended up writing a note to tell Arthur I was going to see Henri and leaving the apartment. I hung out with Henri and Zach for a little while, managing to get through half of the day that way. Then Zach had to go out and Henri decided to go with him. I wandered back to Arthur's place and crumpled up my note, tossing it.

I sighed as I scooped up Angel and flopped down on the couch to watch some TV until Arthur got back. Time slowly ticked by, until the door finally opened. I jumped up, startling Angel awake and sending her skittering for the bedroom.

Arthur raised a brow at me and smirked. I smiled back sheepishly. Arthur cocked his head, contemplating. "Hungry?" I shook my head and he nodded. "Alright. We'll go get something to eat afterwards then."

He strode for the bedroom. I flicked the TV off, then hesitated, suddenly nervous about this. I had no doubt Arthur would barely push me. He was pushing himself too, after all. I just hoped this could be as good as Max had said it supposedly felt to Jason.

I followed Arthur into the bedroom and found him coaxing Angel out from under the bed. He rewarded her with some petting and scratching as he scooped her up and hauled her out of the bedroom, setting her in the hall and shutting her out. She mewed piteously, but neither of us were listening.

Arthur slowly looked me up and down, as if he were trying to figure out where to start. I blinked when he abruptly met my gaze. "Comments, questions and concerns. You voice them immediately. Understood?" He smirked a little when I nodded eagerly, and I wasn't surprised when he flicked off the lights. Then he was moving towards me, reaching for me.

I bit my lip as he removed my shirt and folded it, setting it on the end of the bed. He lifted his hands to brush my hair out of my face and then was trailing his fingertips down my cheeks, down my neck, over my chest. I shivered under his light touch and heavy gaze. He was studying me.