Dare to Fall

Von DreamingToBe17

Hailey Jones has been moving from town to town to escape her past and the reality that she thought she can ne... Mehr

Author's Note & Playlist
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
DTF short stories
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
DTF short stories
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII
Chapter XLIII
to my readers
Where It Leads Us
Epilogue

Chapter XVIII

12.1K 279 35
Von DreamingToBe17

I watch Amelia as she drowns herself in a bucket of ice cream and I cringe at the thought of her screaming and throwing things, my things, in the air because of the heartbreak she is now going through.

"Why do guys suck and play with your emotions?" She asked as I shrugged by answering her question because even though I experience multiple heartbreaks, I still can't search the right reason because I am a sucker for love myself.

Amelia looked at me as I try to contain myself from laughing just by seeing the dry black mascara that has rolled down her eyelashes and was now tinted on her face, making her look like a raccoon, "I really thought he had feelings for me."

Maybe one of the reasons why we go through heartbreaks is mainly because we expected something back from the person who we admire. We assume stuff and to be honest, it's not their fault, it's ours... for expecting.

"Why does it hurt so much?!" She raises her voice as she continues to cry and shove a spoonful of chocolate chip ice cream on her mouth, chewing it as if she was chewing her feelings away.

I grab the bucket of ice cream from her and placed it on my nightstand. She looked at me and I gave her a serious look as I sigh, "You need to stop being so dramatic," I say.

"I know that it hurts right now but we both know that pain will pass. Don't do stuff that will add up to that pain, most likely, stop feeding your heartbreak by a shit-ton a bucket of ice cream! That's so unhealthy!" I added as she stops crying and blinks her eyes instead and nods her head.

I watch her as the seriousness on my face never left. She swallows the ice cream she was chewing and says, "I'm sorry. I just need it."

"I know that because I've been through that before and honestly, it does help but you're not helping yourself either by letting the pain consume you more by doing completely nothing," I say and she nods her head.

"I agree with you."

I believe in those kinds of stuff that feeding yourself with lots of junk food while you are going through a heartbreak does not really help. It does help you, for a bit but not entirely.

I stood up and looked down at Amelia then, I extended my hand for her to grab and then I helped her stand up. "Let's watch some comedy instead and eat something healthier," I say.

"How about we watch something romantic and then order some pizza?" Amelia says. I plaster my serious face again, "Come on, one last junk food!" She pleaded.

"Fine," I said as I rolled my eyes and she claps her hand. "Oh and please wash that mascara off of your face. You look like a raccoon."

I said as Amelia walks straight into the bathroom as I grab my phone on the nightstand to order some pizza for dinner. Pizza for dinner is actually great, I'm not gonna lie but I told myself that starting from now on, I would lessen the junk food and more on eating healthier.

But I guess I'm about to break that rule for the thousandth time or maybe I should just stop kidding myself by starting eating healthy. I can do that when I reach my mid-twenties instead.

I grabbed the bucket of ice cream on my nightstand and went downstairs to placed the ice cream back in the refrigerator then entered the living room to prepare the movie that we are about to watch.

"Hailey," I hear my mom scream my name from upstairs. "Come up here," She says as I roll my eyes at the fact that I just sat down for just a second before she starts calling my name.

I went into her bedroom and stare at the black dress she was wearing, "What do you think?" She asks as she spins around slowly then smiles at me.

"Did you seriously just call me up here to ask for my opinion about that dress?" I asked as I pointed at the dress. She looks down at the dress she was wearing and then looked at me.

"Yeah, so, what do you think?" She asks again.

"It's fine."

"Great. I'm off then," She says as she grabs a clutch that was sitting on her bed and walked past me as she walks down the stairs. "Just order some dinner for you and Amelia, okay?"

I watch her look at her own reflection at the mirror as she wore diamonds earrings that match her necklace. She opened her clutch and fished something inside, "Here," she placed a hundred dollar on the coffee table.

"Goodbye," She says as she gives me a peck on my forehead before leaving for another date tonight. I watch as she closes the front door as the sound echoes through the hallway. I look up and saw Amelia going down the stairs with her phone on her hand.

She reached the ground and looked at me, "Where's your mom?" She asked.

"You just missed her," I say and she gave me a questioning look, "She just left for a date."

I added as I walk inside the living room and sat on the couch, turning the TV on. Amelia sat beside me, placing her feet on the table. "So, it's true about what you said."

I looked at her and gave her a questioning look, "About your mom dating a different guy mostly every night," She says and I nodded my head, not proud of the idea.

"I know you are against it but if I were you, I honestly would be against it as well but if my mom's happy about it then I'll just be happy for her."

I look at her as she grabs the remote control from me and starts searching for movies on Netflix. I thought about the words Amelia had just said and I actually agree about it, that it's true that if my mom's happy about it, I would happy about it too.

But why can't I be happy for her? Maybe it's because I still can't move on about my father's death? or the fact that my mom wants to find a new husband and a new father figure in my life?

"You know, I sometimes miss what it feels like to have a complete family," I say out of nowhere as Amelia placed the remote down on the table, faced her body directed to me as I turn my head to look at her. "I just miss my dad."

"Well," Amelia starts, "Remember when you told me to move on?" She asks as I nodded my head without saying a word.

"Some people choose people to move on and some people choose to stay but for me, I would rather stay than to move on because why would I even move on from something that is completely nothing? Do you get me?" She says and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"It's like this... You choose not to move on because you still love your dad and you believe at the fact that no one can replace your dad. Your decision is the same as mine but yours, you chose not to move on because there is something there--there's someone there."

"But do you think that I'm being selfish by not being happy for my mom?" I asked and she shook her head. "So, are you saying that it's a no, then?"

"No," she says, "Nor that I am saying that it is a yes as well because honestly, I don't know what state your mom is at so, only you can answer that question yourself."

"Because maybe she's just dating just to satisfy herself or not to be lonely, we don't know... or maybe, I don't know since she's not my mother. Why don't you go and find out?" She says as I roll my eyes.

My face suddenly became serious, "Why would I? I have no interest in knowing any of the guys she's dating," I said bitterly as I grabbed the remote and pressed the button 'play' to watch the movie Amelia chose.

"Suit yourself."

I turn my head towards Amelia's face, "But you know, I'm happy for you for choosing your own decision because you know yourself well and I... don't, which is why I am happy," I say.

"Hailey, you may not know yourself well right now but I promise you, if you explore more, you'll know more what's in store for you and you will know more about yourself that you never thought you would be able to do or like."

She grabs my hand and caresses it, "And most of all, I am happy because you are here for me. I am grateful that I met someone as beautiful and kind as you. Thank you."

After watching two and a half movies and eating the pizza we ordered last night, we decided to go to sleep after so that we won't be late for school today, but no matter how many alarms I would turn on to wake myself up, my body won't wake up.

Then, I suddenly woke up when the rays of the bright sun reach my face, making me squint my eyes. I block the sun with the palm of my hands as I slowly opened my eyes and turned to the side to look at the alarm clock.

My body suddenly rose up from the bed as my eyes widen when the clock displayed '7:01 AM' in the morning. I shake Amelia's body to wake up, "Get up! We're gonna be late," I say.

She groans as she brings the comforts up to her head, covering her whole self, "What time is it?" she asks, her voice sounding hoarse than yesterday when she just finished her session of crying her eyes out.

"It's already 7:01 in the morning!" I scream as I slipped on my slippers and grabbed a towel. Amelia suddenly throws the comforts away and rose up from the bed, "I'll use the bathroom downstairs and you use mine."

I said as I ran down the stairs towards the bathroom to take a quick shower.

For those people who know me well enough than my own self, I hate being late. I hate going to detention rooms because I am late. I also hate being early, I just wanna go to school at the right time.

I guess some people don't know what it means and some people do but if you do know what it means, are you also like that as well?

I left the bathroom and rushed upstairs to grab something to wear and when I was done grabbing my own clothes and dressing up, I brushed my hair, grabbed my bag and unplugged my phone from the charger and went downstairs to eat some breakfast.

Before my mom leaves for work, she would always make me breakfast first and sadly today, "Oh no, my mom didn't cook us breakfast!" I say. I guess she just forgot? I grabbed an apple on the other side of the counter and grabbed my keys to head out.

"Amelia, come on!" I scream as she rushed down the stairs. "Just grab a fruit on the go," I say and she nods her hand and grabs a banana.

We both head out of the house and of course, before I leave, I lock the house. I walked towards my car and unlocked it, I turned around and saw Amelia still standing at the front of our house, "What are you still doing there? Come on!"

She turns her head to the side to look at me and back at the streets, she then points something ahead of her and I saw a black car that was now parked in front of our house. The car door opens and my jaw dropped when I suddenly see him as he soon approaches me.

"Good morning, Jones," Cayden says as he plasters a huge smile on his face.

***

hello, it's been two or three weeks since my last chapter update but I hope you guys enjoyed reading today's updated chapter.

make sure you leave a vote, comment your thoughts and share this story with your friends. follow me on any of my social media accounts to get in touch with me or to be updated on when I post.

as always, carry on and happy reading!

-The Author

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

488K 13.4K 64
No commitment. No more heartaches. Just kissing. Could it really be that simple? Nate Herond. He's the guy everyone adores. Quarterback of the footba...
783 78 9
Alyssa is book smart and clueless when it comes to things in the outside world. All she cares about are her grades and why should she bother about an...
55.4M 1.6M 47
When Franny learns why former popular boy Tyler fell from grace, she gets thrown head-first into his dangerous world but also closer to his timid hea...
25K 425 46
One word. Chaos. That's all Nico Valore had brought to my life since the moment I met him. Despite all the pain and heartache, if you asked me to do...