Dare to Fall

By DreamingToBe17

Hailey Jones has been moving from town to town to escape her past and the reality that she thought she can ne... More

Author's Note & Playlist
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
DTF short stories
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
DTF short stories
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII
Chapter XLIII
to my readers
Where It Leads Us
Epilogue

Chapter XIV

14.6K 331 94
By DreamingToBe17

"How did he even end up here? How the hell does he know which town you moved in to or which school you're even going to? There are hundreds and thousands of schools here in this town and he happens to find the right one?"

Amelia kept on talking and asking questions about Levi's sudden visit. I didn't talk about my past that much but I did mention it to her last time when we were out, grabbing a bite after school, probably a week ago or two.

I'm actually surprised that she's surprised.

"I know. It's so weird," I said.

"You want to know what else is weird? Cayden sitting here at our lunch table when he should be sitting at the jocks table," Amelia said, taking a bite at her sandwich as she directed her gaze at Cayden as Cayden took a bite of his apple and exchanged gazes with Amelia.

"It's so sad how you're stereotyping me, just because I'm a jock," Cayden said making Amelia roll her eyes.

"I mean like, you've been following Hailey for almost 5 hours already. What do you want from her?" Amelia asks, "Look, I may not know you too well but I can see you from where I sit at the cafeteria and we have the same classes for the past few years and you never sit at any lunch table, except the jocks lunch table."

"Cut me some slack, would ya? I would highly appreciate that," Cayden says as he continues eating, "And I'm just here for Hailey. I saw how uncomfortable she was earlier when that asshole approached her and it looked like she wanted to burst into tears by just seeing him."

It does look weird when a football player decides to sit down at your lunch table. It doesn't happen very much, especially in romantic comedy movies that I used to watch when I was young.

Every single person in this cafeteria has been turning their heads at us ever since we step foot of this cafeteria, even earlier when we were in the hallway, talking about what happened. It's as if Brendon Urie from Panic! At the Disco was here.

I hate it when I've been put into the spotlight and I'm trying to avoid that, but it seems like the spotlight has been following me or yet, I was born to be an issue. Everyone was eager on Cayden's whereabouts. And come to think of it--he's the spotlight.

He's the epitome of a celebrity.

"Earth to Hailey, do you want me to drive you to your destination?" Amelia asks as I snapped out of my thoughts and gave her a questioning look.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her, "Destination?" I asked.

"Yeah, the 'land of thoughts'. You haven't been touching your food since we made Levi a topic and I think I'm starting to agree with Cayden," She says as emphasized the sentence 'land of thoughts'.

"What do you mean?" I asked again.

"About you being uncomfortable about Levi."

Amelia and Cayden were right. I feel so uncomfortable every time when I see or even make Levi a topic but what makes me more uncomfortable is when people keep on asking about my past--a past that I kept on ignoring because somehow Levi was one of the reasons why I became emotionally unstable.

Either way, I can't blame Amelia since she just wants to know me, plus its one of the perks of being a new student. If you don't want people to assume who you aren't, might as well let your walls down for a while and let them know who you really are.

"I should get to class," Amelia says as she stood up from the chair, grabbing her tray on the table.

"Already? Classes won't even resume for the next 5 minutes," I said, looking at her.

"Oh, you know me! I hate being late because my mom hates being late and I guess you can say I adopted it from her," She says, "You've got company anyway."

Amelia winks as she started walking towards the bin, throwing her garbage and placing the tray back to its proper place. I looked at Cayden as he continues taking a bite of his food. I stood up, grabbing my tray and decided to leave as well.

"Where are you going?" Cayden asks.

"Heading to class," I said as I started walking towards the bin to throw my garbage as well. I turn around and saw Cayden following me, yet again. "And why are you following me again?" I asked.

"Look, I know you heard what I said earlier but I'm not following you this time since your obsessive ex-boyfriend is not around. I'm just throwing my garbage and wanted to head to class early as well," He said as I step aside and let him throw his own garbage.

"I know you love my company but, do you really expect me to be following you all day?" He asks as he plasters his playful smirk on his face. I gave him an annoyed look, "Why are you looking at me like that? Can't get enough of my pretty face?" he added.

I rolled my eyes at his response, "No, I just can't believe your ego is showing off once again," I said as I started walking out the cafeteria and I can feel his presence following me. I turn around and see him, smiling at me.

"And you were saying?" I said as I stopped at my tracks and faced him. He rolled his eyes and smirked at me. Now what? He's just gonna smirk this whole time?

My eyes noticed a guy approaching us, Cayden squints his eyes and followed my gaze. He turns his head around as the guy stops in front of Cayden. They exchanged greetings with one another as I stupidly watch them from where I stand instead of just leaving and heading to class early.

"I didn't know that you were now hitting with new students," The guy said making me look at him with disgust as I rolled my eyes at the shit that was coming out of his mouth. Football players.

Cayden rolled his eyes as well to his response, "Don't you have a better way to waste your time?" Cayden asks as the guy chuckles.

"Hey, I'm Tyler if you don't know," He says as he extended his hand for me to shake. I stare at his hand and then looked at him, "Guess your not a fan of shaking hands, huh?" he added. "And you are?"

I stare at him again blankly without saying anything. "Is she mute or something?" Tyler whispers to Cayden as I rolled my eyes.

"No, but she just happens to be now," Cayden says as Tyler laughs at his response.

"Anyway, I would like to know who my friend here is getting close with. Say, wanna go out on a date with me and get to know each other a little?" Tyler asks as he blinked my eyes and shake my head.

"No, thank you. You see, time is precious for me and I don't go wasting my time on people who throw themselves at other people," I said, making Cayden chuckle at my response. "But it was nice meeting you, though."

Cayden puts his arm around Tyler's shoulder and whispered, "Better luck next time, bro," he said as I turn around and walked towards my next class with Cayden still following me.

I enter the Ancient History room and everyone in the classroom started looking at me, again. I decided to look behind me and saw Cayden, as he looked back at me. I rolled my eyes and proceeded to get to my seat.

"Is there something wrong with your eyes? You happen to like rolling your eyes a lot," He says as he follows me to my seat.

"It's a thing that I possess," I respond.

I grabbed my notebook and started scanning through my notes, trying to fill up my brain with some topics I missed because of my absence and it's also a way of trying to avoid the conversation that Cayden was making.

Not that I don't like engaging into a conversation with him but every time I do, the girls here in our school would always look at me murderously as if they are already planning to kill me or kidnap me, throw me away or something.

"Hi, is this seat taken?" A familiar voice says. I look up and saw him again. He's still here? He referred to the seat beside me as I steady my gaze at him.

"Yes and this one will be too if you sit down."

I said as I closed my notebook, grabbed my stuff and decided to take a seat at the back of the room. Once I settled down, Cayden follows me as Levi directed his gaze on Cayden, looking at him angrily.

Levi rolled his eyes and decides to leave the room and seconds later, the teacher arrived at the room. Cayden placed his bag on the floor and cups both of his cheeks, resting his elbows on his desk as he looks at me.

"What are you even doing here? Shouldn't you be at Calculus class?" I asked as he plasters his signature, playful smirk on his face.

"You're keeping tracks of my schedule now, Ms. Jones?" He says as he continues to smirk. God how I wish I could just wipe that stupid smirk off of his perfectly sculpted, Greek God gifted face. I gave him an annoyed look and watch as a teacher enter a room.

"Good afternoon, I'm Emily. I'll be your substitute for today since Mr. Marshall is not around at this moment," The substitute teacher says as she grabs a good amount of papers, enough for all the students inside the classroom to receive,

"He gave me something for you guys to work on so please hand these out and start working," Emily says as she gave the papers to a student that was sitting in front, "I'll be back. Please excuse me for I have to go to the toilet."

Emily leaves the room as they started distributing the papers. A minute after Emily left, the room suddenly erupted with noise and the students started talking. I tried focusing on the worksheet that was given to us but my brain won't let me.

Cayden then decides to tease me by poking my shoulder, "What?" I asked, trying not to sound angry but I hint the annoyance in my response.

"May I borrow a pen?" He asked as he smiles at me innocently. I looked at his hand and then looked at the pen that his hand was gripping.

"You have a pen and you're holding it," I said. He looked at me sadly.

"It ran out of ink," He says as he threw away the pen, as it hits a person's head. Hearing the person say 'ouch' definitely made me wanna chuckle. I took a deep sigh and said,

"No."

I then continue working on my paper and he decides to poke me on the shoulder again, "What?" I hissed this time, looking at him with a look of annoyance on my face.

"A pen, pretty please?" He said while pouting. How can someone be this cute? I shake my head before I get lost with my own thoughts again, brushing off the idea.

"Are you stupid? You just threw away your own pen. I doubt that it ran out of ink and that you're just making an excuse to tease me--or yet, make fun of me," I said as he blinks his eyes at me without uttering a word.

His face turned serious as if the colors drained from his face. I was too harsh, wasn't I? I rolled my eyes at the thought of it. I wasn't. I was just telling the truth. Or maybe I'm just making assumptions.

He sat up straight as I decided, this time, to focus on my work no matter how noisy the room was getting. I can see from the corner of my eye that Cayden grabbed his worksheet and stared at it as he chuckles lightly.

"Stupid enough to fall for you."

***

hello. here's another update. I hope you guys enjoy reading today's updated chapter. don't forget to vote, comment and share this story with your friends.

as always, carry on and happy reading!

-The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98K 1.3K 26
"You make me weak. You make me mad, you make me crazy." he breathes, staring me in my eyes. "What am I saying.." he chuckles and stares at my twiddli...
26.1K 2K 35
"We need to talk".... "I've got nun to say to you Carru. So leave me alone".... "I said, we need to talk!".... "Who do you think you are ordering me...
1.8M 61.3K 34
STORY WRITTEN IN 2016 STORY IS UNDER REVISION FOR PAPERBACK THIS STORY IS JUST A SAMPLE. NOT ALL CHAPTERS ARE POSTED HERE. WARNING: THIS STORY IS 18...
55.3M 1.6M 47
When Franny learns why former popular boy Tyler fell from grace, she gets thrown head-first into his dangerous world but also closer to his timid hea...