MaNan- Fated To Love You

By TheSweetGirlYouKnow

~The Wound Is The Place Where The Light Enters~ Rumi It proved true for Nandini, who had lost her faith in lo... More

Prologue
Chapter One : A Day That Changed My Life
Chapter Two : An Unknown Stranger or Destined Partner?
Chapter Three : Shocking Happenings
Chapter Five : Accusing Accusations
Chapter Six: A Date To Remember (1)
Chapter Seven:A Date To Remember (2)
Chapter Eight: Narrowing the distance
Chapter Nine: Truly,Madly & Deeply
Chapter Ten : Break-Up?
Chapter Eleven: Mission Manik Patao
Chapter Twelve: Hope?
Chapter Thirteen: Way To Go, Mrs Perfect
Chapter Fourteen: Stars & Fireflies
Chapter Fifteen: Tricks and Tease
Chapter Sixteen: Acceptance
Chapter Seventeen: Shower Shenanigans

Chapter Four : Tit for Tat?

4.1K 397 23
By TheSweetGirlYouKnow

NANDINI

Is this all for real? I know it is but my heart is not ready to believe all that is happening. Life is strange, very strange, actually. In 3 hours,an ordinary girl's world turned upside down, 3 hours ago I was marrying the love of my life, the man of my dreams and now, I am meeting a completely new person who will be my future husband. I know, nothing is decided but I know my parents, they have already planned my married life with him. Ugghh! My parents!

'Knock,Knock'

I lifted my eyes which were gazing my lap while I was thinking and found that handsome hunk looking at me nervously. Wait a sec, did I just called him 'Handsome Hunk' ? Freak! It was my heart! Shutup Mr. Heart! Let me concentrate on him! Because he is still standing outside looking at me blank.

I stood up and gestured him to sit while he also gestured me to sit after he sat. I nodded and sat, preparing myself for the grand attack, I had been planning and this poor guy have to suffer, unfortunately.

"So, What's the plan?"

I asked smirking evilly as he adjusted himself on the bed. Excuse me? This is my bed and you needn't be comfortable on it.

"Sorry?"

He spoke softly as he raised his eyebrows to me and I smirked again.
Gosh! His voice was so good!

"I mean, you had thought of something right? To trap me and my family, for money. You know like people like 'Poor girl of poor parents, I pity her!'"

I imitated the aunties and uncles in our neighbourhood who come to our home for gossip and I hear them sometimes while doing my work.

"Excuse me?"

He spoke still confused and I gave myself a victorious smile mentally. Too good Nandini! Just a little more and he will get angry and will no longer marry me!

"Oh Come on Mr. You don't need to pretend anymore, I know you are marrying me for money, so just stop it and tell me the plan, I promise I won't reveal anything to our parents!"

I spoke looking at him and grinning to him while he was a confused but it seemed his confusion flew away as a smirk came on his face replacing the confusion and now it's time for me to get confused!

"Ahan, You got to know? So irresponsible of me! By the way how did you know that I was marrying you for money? Yeah, you are right! 200% right! I am marrying you just to expand our business and earning more money. Dowry you know? And Miss, the name is Manik Malhotra! Owner of Malhotra Group of Industries and soon to be owner of Murthy Industries also? Am I right or am I right?"

What the f***!! Is he serious? What the hell! Where did you stuck me Aiyappa! First Madhyam and now this Manik! Oh gosh! What will I do? Should I reveal the truth to Amma - Appa? No! I don't think, this is a great idea! They will not trust me! Instead they will say I am making excuses to reject the proposal! Should I confront him? I guess, this is better.

"Ohh! So this was what you were planning! But your game is over Mr. Manik Malhotra! I will reveal everything to our parents! Just wait and watch."

I spoke sternly and he looked at me amusingly and after I was finished he moved aside and gestured me to go ahead and I just stomped my foot in irritation and sat on bed while he let out a chuckle and I glared at him as he kept fingers on his lips to stop them from bursting into laughter.

"By the way, how did you know, my game plan?"

He asked as he faced my back and I blurted out.

"I didn't knew anything! I was just teasing you so that you feel offended and reject me! That's it! Who knew this was your real motive! I was just trying to offend you!"

"And so was I."

He replied in a calm tone and I glanced at him to see him winking at me and moved out of the room and while I understood the meaning of his statement, he was already gone.

OMG! He knew I was playing a prank on him and the same he was doing with me! How mean! I also stood up and started moving out of the room when Amma blocked my way and was looking very happy as she kept both her hands on my shoulder and cupped my face, caressed my cheek and tears of happiness flowed through her cheeks and I looked at her all confused but I did knew from inside what might have happened.

"Nandu! Manik said a yes! And I know you will also say a yes! Haina bacha?"

Uff! These emotional tortures of parents are just what I can't reject in this world! This is so unfair, first of all, parents ask you to choose if you say a yes, it's alright but if you have to say a no and they know it, then they try these emotional tortures like trying to make you convince through their tears and the other way, they look at you with so much hope that you don't have guts to break all that hopes and that to those people because of whom you are here taking decisions! Neither you can't deny them nor let them down, no matter how much you have to screw yourself from inside ! But all this can be understood only to today's generation, not the senior citizens. And after this Madhyam incident, my parents are already in trauma, if I refuse the wedding, they will feel bad though they won't say it but I know it and I won't be able to see it. Life is so difficult! I wish I could erase the chapter called Madhyam from my life which unfortunately I can't because I love him.

"It's a yes from my side too!"

I spoke and some silent tears flowed through my cheeks but I wiped them as soon as they came there because I can't afford to make them visible. Somewhere deep down my heart, I felt bad, really bad, I did the same which Madhyam did to me, yes! Indirectly, he betrayed me though he claimed to love me and didn't loved me really but I, toh loved him truly and deeply but still I moved on. Maybe my heart won't forgive me for this but then there is 'Tit for Tat' also. If he can move on and make me feel unwanted and betrayed then I can also do it by moving on with Manik. Can't I?

"I am so happy! Nandu! Let me inform your Appa and others!"

With this, Amma patted my cheek as I faintly smiled and moved towards the living room to see my Amma distributing sweets and everyone congratulating each other for the newly formed relation between the two families.
My parents were so happy and if this happiness would cost the rest of my life, then I am ready to sacrifice it for them because this glow on their faces, this happiness, this joy wasn't there 3 hours ago but one decision changed it all.
I went closer to them and found Manik smiling at me while I just made a grumpy face to display my anger on him for playing a prank on me while Amma brought me closer to them as she introduced me to his parents.
Manik's Mom, Nyonika Malhotra was a gorgeous and sophisticated typical high class woman. She was bowled out by simplicity and elegance which was one factor in me she loved.

Manik's Dad, Ashok Malhotra was a caring, friendly and a gentlemanly person, was a perfect businessman and also a perfect familyman that meant an all rounder.

I touched feet of his parents and they blessed me with uncountable blessings and asked me to call them 'Mom' &'Dad' and I just nodded and plastered a fake smile on my face as we all sat and our parents were discussing about wedding and we both were just hearing the discussion, none of us participated.

After some time Manik and his family stood up to leave after giving me a set of instructions to take care of myself and also gifted me a dress with some other accessories along with some sweets and savouries which according to them was 'shagun'.

Almost everything was the same, only 'Roka' was to be held two days prior to the wedding and a shock! Manik took permission from my parents to take me put for a date the next day and as expected they happily agreed while I got upset, thinking what will I do there with him?

Our parents were still talking when Manik gestured me to give his mobile number and now it was my turn to take revenge for the prank and I just ignored him. He tried to ask me a lot of times but I kept on ignoring him until,

"Umm...Uncle, If you don't mind, can I have your daughter's mobile no.?"

He asked hesitatingly and our parents bursted laughing to which we both gave weird looks to our family.

"Beta, you two are getting married in one week and you are asking me her phone number as if I am hitler dad ! Chill dear..! I will text you her no. Don't worry!"

Appa spoke and Manik bit his lip and looked down embarrassingly while I just pretended to find it amusing and faked a smile.

Finally, our parents were done with their talks but with a promise that they will talk again in phone. Uff, our talkative parents! Manik touched my parent's feet while I touched his parent's. And while moving outside, Manik winked at me, while I just stood there with shocked expressions and too numb to react. Why is he behaving like a love sick lover?

**********************

Keep supporting me and my stories

Bye and take care

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

592K 42.1K 50
It was the second story which contains every girl's dreams about her love life and her partner...This story is very close to my heart and as the name...
58.6K 3.3K 7
✨""We spend our lives searching for meaning. Take a break. Let it find You.""✨ "I'm leaving!" She paused "I need a b...
280K 14.9K 31
#On NO 1 in short stories 28/may/2017 & 1/march 2018 #On no 2 in short story on 13/may/2017# on no 3 in short stories on 9/may/2017 What do you do w...
117K 12K 15
They say finding true love at nineteen is a blessing. Or so they thought until they believed in their love. But some people are really unlucky withou...