I love you, Bestfriend.

By drishtaayyy

"I love you, Ashton" I whispered to his sleeping face, being careful so he doesn't hear. Quickly kissing him... More

Chapter 1:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Note:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Author's note: (Summary of characters)
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Author's note:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42:
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45:
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48:
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50:
Chapter 51:
Chapter 52:
Chapter 53:
Chapter 54:
Chapter 55:
Important notice:
Chapter 56:
Chapter 57:
Chapter 58:
Chapter 59:
Chapter 60:
Chapter 61:
Chapter 62:
Authors note, not an update:
Chapter 63:
Chapter 64:
Chapter 65:
Epilogue

Chapter 2:

1.3M 14.7K 9.8K
By drishtaayyy

"Hey, where were the two of you?" Jeremy asked Ashton, as soon as he and Mel came into view. We had returned back to our table and Jer and I were waiting for Ashton to show up.

"Uh, nothing man, I was just helping her unpack, when we were coming back we got caught and lectured for being late, so..." Ashton replied, making up an instant lie. 

Too bad for him, I already knew why he was late.

"Don't lie." I muttered. 

"Guys, I'll be right back. Excuse me, sorry." I got up and gave Jer a don't-worry-I'm-fine look.

I got up, and was ready to leave when suddenly a hand stopped me. I could recognize that firm grip from anywhere, only one person could be so careful with me.

"Whats wrong?" He asked me, his breathtaking blue eyes piercing right into my heart. He didn't know of the effect he had on me.

"Nothing, just going to Madds" I replied. I didn't lie, it was just half the truth. Something did happen but I was also going to Maddison.

He knew I was lying, and instead of asking me any more questions he just sighed and pulled away, taking a seat beside Mel. Oh joy.

I walked up to Madds' table.

"Hey guys!" I chirped.

"Whats wrong, Anna? You look upset, did you cry?" Asked Austin.

Wow. These people really do know me well.

"I-no, no, whats gotten into ya'll, why would I be crying?" I replied. Trying to sound normal again.

"Oh please Anns, we know you better than you know yourself" Said Lucy.

"Okay, so you are here, but where's Ashton?" Asked Madds

"With Mel." I tried hard not to reply bitterly, but to my amazement Madds seemed to understand the problem already.

"Are they together or something?" Asked Mason.

I chuckled. Stupid boy.

"God knows whats going on with him? Ask him later if you want." I said casually.

"Chuck. So tell me, how are your groups treating you?"

"Just fine! I actually love mine, no offence to any of you, but I'm actually having fun, although it would be great if we were together! But, its time to make new friends, and its pretty awesome." Said Samantha.

"I agree with her" said Andrew and all the others nodded their heads.

"The games will be fun." I stated evilly. "We are all against each other."

The entire table burst out laughing; Yes, this would be fun. Over the years we have challenged each other for lots of things, it started from stupid dares to bets on who gets to buy the lunch. We all loved competition, well, challenges actually. I loved competing with these guys, not only do they complete the challenges or bets but also because they play the most hilarious pranks on each other. I know what you're thinking, where did pranking come from? Well, the bets I told you about? They generally are based on the ability of one annoying the other.

I remember all the fun inter-school competitions we've had. Every one of us gets into the game spirit, and we don't take losses to the heart. We become thirsty idiots who want to win, and to win you need to cheat, right? Well, when they cheat? It calls for popcorn. That, my friends, is some hardcore entertainment.

"Everyone! Return back to your groups, the games will begin." Coach's voice boomed through the little hall.

Everyone said their goodbyes, and just when I was ready to leave, someone pulled me from behind. And crashed me into a hug.

"Take care, Anns. I'm here for you, okay?" No doubt it was Madds. She and Andrew were the only ones who knew about me being in love with my dork of a best friend. Oh, and also Mason.

I hugged her back, "I love you, Madds. Thank you."

"Thank you?" She scoffed giving me a light slap.

"Ain't nobody got time for thank you's girl. We're best friends for a reason! If you need me to, tell me, I'll go kick that idiot's butt" I laughed.

I returned back to my table, only to see Ashton and Mel holding hands under the table. What was even going on, it hadn't even been an hour since they had met!

Sly Ash, very sly.

"Okay, so our first game is going to be treasure hunt. The 10 of you groups divide yourself into 2-2. 3 pairs from each group will be handed an envelope. The envelope will contain a clue. Decode it and find the 3 items that it asks you to. If by mistake you find an object that isn't in your list, you should put it back from where you found it and carry on with your task. Once you find all the three objects, you will return back here and wait for your team to complete; the winning team will be the one to return first, and, the entire team should be there, not just 2 or 4. Understand? Now pair yourselves up and come here to collect your envelopes as and when your group names are called out."

"Ashton will y-" before I could even ask Ashton, he beat me by asking Mel.

"Mel, will you be my partner?"

There goes nothing.

"You were saying something, Anns?"

"Yeah. Lets do this!" I fake-cheered.

Faking a big smile. I fist bumped Ash.

"Anna? You mind coming with me?" Asked Jer

"Of course not!" Well, that sure got me in a better mood.

"Team Divergent," called out coach Brown. All of us got up, and made our way towards him. The each of us collected an envelope and returned back to our seat.

We waited till he handed out envelopes to the rest of the teams.

"Okay, Now ready..set..go!" And boom, all of us rushed out into the woods.

I opened the envelope with Jeremy beside me. And read it out loud:

"I am the reason you are breathing but sadly I've been cut down."

"Got it, Trees!" Said Jer.

"Genius." I replied, rolling my eyes. "Look around you, there are trees everywhere."

"Oh" he replied, blushing.

"Now what" I asked.

"Is there nothing else?" He asked me

"Nope." I replied turning the paper on the other side for clues.

"Wait, we're in a forest right? That means the trees are everywhere, but this says 'sadly I've been cut down' which means, we have to look for a part in this area which has really less trees. Or no trees at all." He explained. Boy was he smart? Or was I just dumb? Who am I kidding I wouldn't have guessed that even after 5 years.

"Okay, I take my sarcastic comment back," I said, obviously impressed.

He just chuckled.

"What are we looking for anyways?" He asked.

"A golden owl, thats what it says at the bottom,"

"Golden, its easy, come, lets go." Jeremy said, and pulled me further down.

"Land land land" I spoke, drinking my surroundings and making sure I don't miss any land.

"There! Looks like a beach, c'mmon!" Jer dragged me, again.

"But the sand is golden" I whinned.

"Thats why its a golden owl, smart ass."

"Hmm, point" I was just proving myself dumber.

And then we started looking all around us. There was sand everywhere man! How the hell do I find an owl? Just hope it falls out of the sky, not on my head though.

I looked up, hoping to find it. I know, I'm a little crazy.

"Jeremy! Found it!" I said, pointing at the huge lampost.

"Woah, so you just randomly decide to look up, and find the damn thing in the beach?" He asked.

"No dear, thats not how Anna works. I expected it to fall outta the sky, and tried to lookup and bam, I see the shiny golden eagle!" I said.

Jeremy just stared at me wide eyed.

"I hope you know you're crazy." He said.

"So, I have been told."

"Expected that. It's a fact. Anyways now concentrate, how the hell are we supposed to get that thing down? You're to short to even jump and try, and I can't reach either its like 2-3 feet above my level also!" Jeremy said, analyzing the post.

"Hey!" I pouted.

"We can climb?" He suggested.

"No, I'll slip, and you I don't think you can climb." I said raising my brow.

"Of course I can, I'm just afraid of heights" he blushed, aww, so cute.

"We can just throw coconuts?" I suggested.

This time, he didn't reply. He just dropped his head, and started shaking it as if he didn't believe what I had just said.

"What? I was being serious!" I said, showing off a little bit of anger.

"Hahaha, I-" he paused, looked at the coconut tree and back at the pole, " I actually might take you up for this, thats the only way."

"Told you! I told you! I told you!" I sang while doing a little crazy dance.

By the time I finished, Jeremy was already returning with a basket full of coconuts!

"How?" I gasped.

"It was below the tree only, I think its a set up, we're supposed to use these. If I were here with some sane person, I doubt I would ever figure this out." He grinned.

"Yeah right, sane person, thank me for being insane" I replied, proudly.

"Oh shutup, and now throw."

And thats how we wasted half an hour. We just kept tossing the coconuts, and not once did it touch the owl.

Okay, Anna, concentrate. With all my power I flung the coconut, and YAY! It knocked down the owl! I quickly went to where it dropped, and picked it up, but when I turned, I dropped it again.

Jeremy was laying down on the ground and the coconut I threw beside him.

I died then and there, laughing so hard that I could explode. The coconut flew back down and hit Jeremy's head!

Wait aren't there instances where people die because of coconuts falling on their heads? Shit, I shouldn't of laughed. But come on, this is hilarious! Not everyday do you actually witness coconuts falling on people's heads' (even though I didn't actually see it fall). This calls for some laughter alright.

"Gods Anna! Its not funny. The damn coconut. Curse it, and curse you woman!" He replied, rubbing his temples as he tried getting up.

I laughed and went over to help him up.
"Haha, Jer I wish I could tape this!" I said, between my laughter, of course.

"Bitch. Now get me up, and lets get going."

I finally managed to get him up, but he didn't look very happy and he glared at the coconut once or twice. I pity the poor coconut. That inanimate object is receiving so much hate right now it's not even funny.

On our way back, Jeremy kept massaging his temples, while I was constantly laughed, I couldn't seem to stop.

We returned back to seeing Andy and Lisa already there. And a couple of other members from the teams, but there was no winner yet.

"Where's Ash?" I asked, still laughing.

What? You thought I stopped?

"No idea, why are you laughing so much?" Asked Andy.

"Care to do the honours?" I asked Jeremy, winking.

"Anna here, threw a coconut at my head." Jeremy said, pouting.

My eyes almost popped out, "Wha- I did not throw it on your head! It was an accident!"

"WHAT?!" Lisa yelled, I don't think she heard me.

Jeremy confirmed with a nod and then, both Lisa and Andy burst out laughing, the three of us didn't stop after that.

"Guys, enough, its not that funny." Jeremy said, he was the only one who didn't join us.

"Hey guys, why is everyone laughing?" Asked Mel. Ugh that voice. I instantly stopped laughing. Damn you, laugh-ruiner.

Jeremy just looked at me with understanding. Before anyone could say anything I told them to follow me and report to Coach that we were done.

"Team divergent, here, Coach." I said.

"Hey, Anna, I'm the captain here darling, let me speak, okay?"

I didn't say anything. Just fisted my hands and moved away.

"Darling" I imitate her in a fake-annoying-girly voice.

Ashton saw that, but he din't say anything. Wow Ashton, so much for being a best friend.

"2nd place, TEAM DIVERGENT!" Coach announced.

Whoa, we came second?

Who was first then?

The final results were out, Team Food was first, yeah team food, apparently everyone in that group loved food. Well I can't really blame them, that is a damn good group name. Nothing beats food. And well, it's proved. Get it?

We were second and Team Whisper was third. I actually liked the name, it was Maddison's idea.

"Okay, now go back to your rooms or where ever,and meet me back here for dinner, okay? You have an hour." Coach announced.

On my way back to the room, I couldn't help but remember what I saw in there earlier, and why I ran away. Now it made sense, why Ash switched beds.

The six of us sat on the table and played a game of cards and then truth and dare.

"Dare." Chose Ashton

"I dare you to kiss Mel" said Andy.

WHAT. NO , NO, NO. WHY. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?

"I bet you won't" challenged Andy.

Ashton just smirked and turned around to face Mel. He cupped her cheeks and kissed her. Okay not a proper full on kiss, just a peck. But still, that was enough to get my blood boiling.

Jeremy was sitting next to me, and offered me his hand under the table, that was exactly what I needed- comfort.

While holding his hands, I dug my nails deep into his skin, and didn't realize until he let out a sudden cry of pain.

He was so sweet! He let me hold his hand and almost kill him without saying a word.

"Oh gods, I'm so sorry!" I whispered to Jer.

"Shut up, its fine." Jer replied, flashing me a huge smile.

"Okay, your turn, Anna. Truth or Dare?" Asked Lisa.

"Dare."

"I dare you to-"

There was a knock on the door, which made us all jump.

"Guys Coach is calling everyone, c'mon!" Someone called out. Oh, an hour already passed?

Dinner was the same as lunch, we all sat and chatted. I met my little group until it was time for bed. We were supposed to wake up at 5am for trekking, and me, being a lazy sleeper couldn't manage that without having a proper nights sleep.

Just as the lights were about to go out, I realized how wrong I was.

"Aaa!" Yelled Mel.

"Whats wrong?" All of us got up and asked her in confusion.

"I-i-i'm scared of the dark. I c-can't sleep alone if its dark!" She stammered.

Seriously? What are you? Four?

"Guys, ya'll sleep, I'll shift my bed a little towards Mel's" Ashton said.

"Okay, thanks Ash!" Said Mel.
"I'll be fine guys, you can go to sleep, sorry!" She added on later, to the rest of us.

I clenched my fists together. Ash. She called him Ash and he didn't say a word. No one except me could call him that, he hated that name but said when I said 'Ash' it made him feel special. And now Mel was calling him that.

"Its okay." Whispered Ashton. He was trying to calm Mel down. He was already sharing half his bed with her, and holding her. Bitch. Fucking self obsessed bitch.

I couldn't take it anymore. He was with her! Holding her! Right beside me!

I got up trying to keep the tears inside and rushed out of the room. Not caring about getting caught. I just needed to get away. Thats all I needed right now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 123 19
"Ashton, as much as I would love to date you, I can't. Your nineteen I'm only seventeen. I can't date someone who's two years older than me. And what...
1.2K 470 15
I moved closer to him. He made himself comfortable. I leaned in and rested my forehead on his. My eyes automatically closed and I sighed in contentme...
2K 45 21
A triangle love Part 1 of 2 *************** I suddenly pecked his lips and smiled confidently. He just looked at me and didn't say anything. I smile...
620K 7.1K 43
*I can make you feel amazing Sarah... Trust me.* he whispered into my ear. *Ashton, we can't do it, you're my brother's best friend. I'm not gonna l...