Grey Sky { Previously, JAWS }

Oleh scourgify

Don't let them devour you. *** "Werewolves aren't real." "What if they are? What if we're both werewolves?" "... Lebih Banyak

Grey Sky
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Interlude
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Part 2

Chapter 17 - Part 1

20.4K 665 109
Oleh scourgify

Chapter 17 (Part 1) - Sky

"Oh god, Nick! Faster!" I screamed and wiped the thin layer of sweat coating my forehead.

"Don't worry, babe. I'm an expert when it comes to these kinds of things." He managed to reply despite his ragged breaths.

He winked at me but then his eyes widened and he pulled me into his arms, making me crash into his hard chest. His free hand made it's way to my chin to lift up my face, my eyes connecting with his blue ones. He leaned in and tilted his head slightly, the action making our noses bump slightly against each other. I saw him smile before finally closing the distance between us and molding his lips to mine.

I smiled and intertwined our fingers together, ignoring the hot liquid that dripped down from my back, thigh, leg, arm and cheeks. I chuckled until I felt another blow on my thigh and groaned.

Hold up, before you go all apeshit or dirty-minded on Nick and I, let me just - as Jim put it in Star Trek - enlighten you.

-

I woke up at 4 that afternoon with a warm, fuzzy feeling at the pit of my stomach and a smile touching my lips. I tried to lie on my back - failing to do so when I felt a muscular arm on my waist, keeping me in place. I looked up to see Nick's amused face staring back at me. I scowled and flicked his nose.

"Ow," He muttered and rubbed his cute nose, "My nose isn't cute." He grumbled and his frown deepened.

"Why are you always reading my mind?" It was my turn to scowl at him, I flicked his nose multiple times.

"Cut it out!" He wheezed and blocked my hand, I managed to flick him three times before he grabbed both my hands and encased it with his large hand.

"Perks of having a mate with small hands," He stuck out his tongue playfully at me and kept my hands still on my stomach.

I eventually stopped struggling against his grip and just buried my face on the crook of his neck, he sighed contentedly when I breathed in his scent. After some seconds, I blew out air from my mouth - trying to tickle him. I grinned when I felt him squirm.

"You do know that I'm ticklish, yeah?" He asked me and slowly let go of my hands.

"Yup."

"And you do know that I know that you're ticklish, am I right?" He raised his eyebrows and I caught on his message. I raised my hands up in surrender.

"Okay, okay. Can you go now, please?" I pouted and he stared at me, perplexed.

"Why?" He answered my question with a question. Nice. I hugged his waist and looked up at him with, I think, sincere eyes.

"Because as much as I want us to stay like this forever, we have a date and I have yet to confirm our relationship besides being mates." I explained and his face softened a little bit.

"Fine," He grumbled and kissed my forehead, his lips lingering for a second before he pulled away.

"Comfy clothes," He reminded and hugged me one last time before he swung his legs and got off my bed.

I hopped out of bed and stood in front of my closet, trying to remember what Scarlette told me earlier this morning.

White jeans. Dark singlet. Black blouse.

I mentally recited and some minutes after, I found the appropriate clothes for the date. Grinning, I proceeded to the bathroom and did what I had to do.

-

"Sky, Nick's here!" I heard Luke holler from downstairs. I wonder why he never left the house, though.

"Be there in a sec," I shouted back and hastily finished braiding my hair, milkmaid style, and let loose strands frame my face.

I grabbed my purse and ran towards the door, opening it with such speed and closed it with so much force. I inhaled heavily before fixing my clothes and finally making small, slow steps down the stairs. I made my way towards the living room and immediately, Nick's head snapped up and his eyes met mine. He stood up from his sitting position and shamelessly checked me out- while I did the same to him.

He was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt with black sleeves, of which he rolled up to his elbows. His jeans were black and hung low from his hips and he finished his look with black canvas sneakers.

"Pretty," He murmured and offered me a grin, "Shitty," I joked and chuckled when he frowned.

"So will the two of you just going to stand there all day because I also have to leave." Luke emerged from the kitchen and raised an eyebrow at me and Nick.

"Shut up," I said at the same time he threw a set of keys my way, I almost missed it. Almost.

"Off you go!" Luke shouted in an English accent and pushed us towards the door. He shut the door behind us and ran straight like Usain Bolt on crack before turning round the corner.

"M'lady," Nick said and offered me a hand.

"Kind sir," I replied after locking the front door. I placed my hand in his before we strutted towards his car.

Yes, you read that right. The mothertrucker - scratch that. My mothertrucker of a mate strutted.

-

"I spy something green." I groaned and placed my head on my hands.

"Niiiiiiiiiiiick," I drew out, "For the twentieth time, the answer is tree." I whined while he laughed at me. Like, a full-blown I-find-this-hilarious laugh.

"Hey, don't blame me. All I see are trees and some other green shit anyway." He defended and briefly glanced at me before returning his eyes back on the road.

"Where are we going anyway?" I asked him nonchalantly and fiddled with my hair.

"For the fifty-seventh time Sky, no. I will not tell you where we're going." He firmly responded and I looked at him with a frown.

"Damn it, don't give me that look. I want to surprise you and I know that you'll like pa-" He immediately raised his hand and clamped his mouth shut.

"Like what? Tell me." I pressed and widened my eyes dramatically at him before squinting it at him.

"Nothing, I'm not going to say anything. Zip." He replied and gave the road his undivided attention. We were both silent for a moment before my mouth opened on its own.

"I don't like surprises, to be honest." The words tumbled out of my mouth and I mentally scowled at myself.

"Wait, you used to like surprises back then though." He stated and gave me a puzzled look. I pursed my lips before answering him.

"Ever since that day," I started to say, his silence urged me to go on.

"That day at the cafeteria, when you told me to get lost after I lashed out on Rebecca. I was surprised, mad, terrified and sad all at the same time. I was mad at Rebecca, terrified that I might lose you and sad because I totally didn't think that someone like her could do that." I exclaimed and he opened his mouth to speak but I spoke again before he can utter a syllable.

"Most of all, I was surprised though. I didn't expect that you, of all people, would flip me off like that. I was a hundred percent confident that you'd be on my side and instantly dump her once I told you what I saw. So imagine how I felt after those two words came out of your mouth." I finished and chuckled nervously when I felt the tension in the air.

Stupid mouth of mine.

"I'm so sorry baby," He muttered, his voice almost inaudible. I shook my head furiously.

"I'm not guilt-tripping you, okay? I just felt the need to tell you that- since we're mates and all. I wanted to get that out of my chest. And yeah, ever since that day I was never that much fond of surprises anymore. I wanted to know everything that involved me, I want to always be in control. And we've talked about this. We're okay." I added the last part and he smiled before extending his right arm and entwining my fingers with his.

"Thank you, I appreciate that you told me." He breathed out and drew invisible patterns on my hand with his thumb.

Just when I thought how perfect this moment was, he just had to throw in another one of his stupid sexual comments.

"But about you wanting to always be in control, you're not getting any of that when we're in bed." He said and glanced at me with a grin whilst I just gaped at him.

I crinkled my eyebrows in confusion and was about to speak when he winked at me and concentrated on driving.

Oh.

Oh. That.

My eyes widened in realization and I stared at him, dumbfounded. Unbelievable.

He looked at me again and waggled his eyebrows suggestively. With all my might, I punched him on the shoulder but he seemed to be unfazed.

"Eyes on the road, bastard!" I growled, trying my best to distract him so he won't notice the blush tinting my cheeks.

To my dismay though, he laughed. My pervert of a mate just laughed at me.

-

"Wow, what did I ever do to have a mate as perfect as you?" I asked no one in particular, staring at the huge sign above my head. I faced a smug-looking Nick, he just smirked.

He lost his balance when I threw myself at him and snaked my arms around his neck. His arms made its way around my torso as he pulled me flush against him.

"We haven't even started playing yet." He chuckled lightly and pulled away to look at me.

"Well, I'm damn excited so let's go." I stated and he nodded while dragging me towards an open shed with a small compartment further away. A tall man in his mid-forties stared at us with a welcoming smile. I sniffed, werewolf.

"Nick," The man said and gave Nick a man-hug. Nick slapped his back lightly before they pulled away, the man turned to look at me and raised a questioning eyebrow at Nick.

Nick snorted, "Billy, this is Sky, my mate. Sky, this is Billy." He introduced and I took out my hand, Billy shook it gently and gave Nick a nod.

"I actually thought your name would be Conrad or Sullivan," I told him and mentally stabbed my eye with a fork.

"Oops, haha. Sorry I just-" I stopped when Billy let out a laugh. What's up with people laughing at me today?

"I like her already for you boy," he told Nick, "She's a keeper, I'm tellin' ya." He continued and made his way towards the compartment.

"I know," Nick murmured and kissed my forehead. I discretely sighed in bliss as we followed Billy.

"Here, the field is all yours." Billy said and handed us the essentials.

"Your friends are here, by the way." He informed us and walked to a small building, I wonder why I hadn't noticed it before since it's painted a neon yellow, at the far end of the field.

I barely even registered what Billy had said before five of my closest friends waltz in the field wearing their battle suit.

"Yo, 'sup lovebirds?" Amber hollered and waved at us.

"Didn't think you guys could come," Nick grinned at them and handed me a mask, the required pants and a pair of knee pads.

"We haven't played in a long time, do you think we'll let this pass?" Carly snorted and adjusted the belt hanging around his waist. Nick just chuckled and put the elbow pads around my elbows.

"Thanks," I smiled at him and put on the padded pants and jersey shirt, "Anytime," He replied at the same time that I put on the black gloves.

"Sky, hurry up!" Jason yelled and ran towards the field. I whipped my head to his direction, catching him smirk slightly.

Fixing the mask on my face, "Where's my gun?" I asked no one in particular and positioned the belt around my torso.

"Heads up!" Scarlette's voice registered in my mind and I almost didn't catch the gun she threw at me. I saluted at her and faced Nick, surprised that he was already dressed up.

"So, who are my teammates?" I asked.

"You, me, Luke and Amber."

"That's not fair, why does Luke got to be teammates with you?!" Carly whined and childishly stomped his foot on the ground.

"Don't be such a sour-puss Carly, you have Jason." Luke retorted and rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Just shut up and let's begin the game." Nick said through clenched teeth.

"Yes, Alpha."

"Good, put that on." Nick smirked and the two fumbled with their masks.

"Wait, what are the rules?" I asked once again, feeling a little dumb.

"The rules, baby?" He repeated.

"Well isn't that what I just said?" I retorted, Nick gave me a dry look. I sent him an expectant expression, he huffed before jogging towards the center of the field, he smirked.

"Run and shoot." He replied.

He raised his gun in the air and pulled the trigger, sending the first paintball flying. And marking the start of our Elimination game.

Yes, you read that right. My insane mate just brought me out to play paintball.

•••

HOLA GUYYYYYYYYYS. I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING EARLIER. AND THIS IS SO SHORT BUT YEAH THERE IS A PART TWO AND I THINK THAT WILL BE SLIGHTLY LONGER THAN THIS ONE. PLEASE DO NOT HATE ME.

Edited June 4th, 2015 - You know guys, I really want to berate my thirteen year old self at how lame this chapter is. Haha!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

Monster in My Bed Oleh Nik

Manusia Serigala

2.9M 121K 51
If you throw a rogue wolf into a pack, what do you get? Certainly, not a Luna. Kaia Aalish, rogue-born, must outrun the repercussions of her murdero...
Broken bond Oleh C.A.Ashes

Manusia Serigala

1M 20.1K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
29K 694 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
230K 5K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...