Chapter 1

Cover is made by sheldon_ c:
Read, Vote, Comment, Be a Fan, Enjoy!

Chapter 1
Her POV

I was carefully tiptoeing towards the dark kitchen when I nearly slipped on something slippery and hard. My arms darting around me, I tried to reach for something to hold onto but failed. And so I ungraciously fell with a muffled 'oomph'.

Lucky me, I thought and glared at the darkness. I shot my arms again and came in contact with something firm and muscular that I think has slim fingers- "Why the hell are you up so late?" He asked, mild irritation evident in his voice.

"Wouldn't it be more appropriate if I answered your question with my behind not plastered to the floor?" I answered and he pulled me up with ease. Man, my butt hurt.

"Can you tell me now why you're sneaking at," he paused and looked at his phone, "at fucking 2 in the morning?" He whisper-yelled.

"Maybe I just wanted to take a tour around, well... my house? Anyway what are you doing here at 2am?" I countered.

I can imagine him rolling his eyes, "Seriously? Do you think I'm dumb enough to buy that?" He ignored my question as he made his way to the fridge and grabbed a Lock-and-Lock container.

"I think so." I whispered.

"I heard that," he said suddenly, "and need I remind you of my GPA?"

"You heard what I said?" I asked him, obviously surprised.

"Yeah, gotta love were-" He stopped suddenly and for a few seconds just stared at the fridge.

"Love what?" He flinched at the sound of my voice but pretended not to hear me and proceeded to raid the refrigerator.

"Gotta love what Nick?" I questioned again, eyeing the brown-haired boy suspiciously and walking towards him.

"Nothing. It was nothing okay," He stopped again and I rolled my eyes, "Just go to sleep, it's not safe." He continued.

"So you're telling me that it's not safe to be awake at 2am in my own house? Are you kidding me?" I sarcastically asked and shoved him away from the fridge.

"It's hard to explain it and it's not the right time." Now, that's familiar. This summer, Nick has been really suspicious and downright shady. I would've called him out on it if my cousin Dylan, who gave me no comprehensible response whatsoever, wasn't the same. Freaking weirdos.

To brush off his ominous comment, I joked. "Did you seriously just say that? I didn't know you can be serious in life Nick, congratulations. What's next, you're telling me you love me?" I laughed at my own words and I saw him glare at me in the dim light.

"Are you gay?" I blurted out suddenly and his eyebrows raised to his hairline, "Not that there's anything wrong with that. I met a lovely couple a week ago, you know, lesbians. They were both so hot and they bought me coffee for saying so."

"That was very nice of them, but no. I'm not attracted to men."

"Are you sure? I mean, you won't have to worry about me, I'm totally chill. Same love, love wins and everything. I'm not like homophobic or a skeptic-" He cut me off.

"Yes, I know, some people and their narrow minds. But I'm not gay and I'd like to prove that to you." He whispered, tone smooth. He strode towards me and my body froze. I can almost feel the warmth from him touch my fingers. Holy crap, what's happening.

"You're zoning out." He whispered, finally closing the distance between us.

I focused on the now and noticed he was in front of me and we're chest-to-chest, well... not exactly. It's my eyes to his chin but that's kind of the same thing because our chests were still touching, oh my god that sounded so wrong. No... our chests weren't really touching because we have to be naked but we're not, so I guess we aren't but that idea sounds rather nice...