Fonttale

By MegynHamilton

Fonttale is an AU where skeletons have a special power related to their font name. A Normal Font Comic Sans f... More

Chapter One: Unseen and Unheard
Chapter two: A Horror-ible Friendship
Chapter Three: What the Future Holds
Chapter Four: Born To Suffer
Chapter Five: Helping The Captain
Chapter Six: Wake-Up Call
Chapter Seven: A King's Duty
Chapter Eight: In His Shoes
Chapter Nine: Sugar Whore
Chapter Ten: A Brother's Bond
Chapter Eleven: A True Hero Is Born
Chapter Twelve: Fonts and Thoughts
Chapter Thirteen: Sick To Death
Chapter Fourteen: Memories Fade, Trauma Doesn't
Chapter Fifteen: Hear No Evil
Chapter Sixteen: Memory Issues
Chapter Seventeen: Daddy Issues
Chapter Eighteen: Problem Child
Chapter Nineteen: You Can't Choose Your Family
Chapter Twenty: A Judge Judges
Chapter Twenty-Two: Retirement
Chapter Twenty-Three: Balance
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Doctor Is In
Chapter Twenty-Five: Making Friends
Chapter Twenty-Six: Lying In The Spotlight
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Hope In Horrible Places
Chapter Twenty-Eight: If You Make Yourself A Problem
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Creepy Crawler
Chapter Thirty: Brainstorming
Chapter Thirty-One: A Hero Arises, Another Falls
Chapter Thirty-Two: Turning Over A New Leaf
Chapter Thirty-Three: Carrying On
Chapter Fourteen: Twisted Love

Chapter Twenty-One: The Great Papyrus

176 10 6
By MegynHamilton

"Wait Human!"

Papyrus grabbed onto Chara's sleeve as they began to head out of Snowdin.

"I'm busy Papyrus..."

"I-I don't want you to erase the world, but I don't want to kill you either if I don't have to."

"What?"

Didn't he want to kill me a little awhile ago?

"My brother wants me to change. He...he doesn't like me as I am, so-"

"So find someone who does. Don't change who you are or what you like to do just to please someone else," said Chara sadly. "I've already been down that road and it's miserable."

"I can do it though. I was BORN to do it. I can make him happy without suffering."

"Someone like Sans will NEVER be happy. He'll spend the rest of his life worrying about what other people think of him, and what he should do to please them," said Chara matter-of-factly.

"That's not true. You're wrong."

"Everything he does is for him. He's nice so he doesn't feel guilty. He avoids doing things people don't like because he doesn't want people to make him feel bad. He's a skeleton without a backbone."

"You don't know a thing about Sans!" yelled Papyrus angrily.

"I've known him longer than YOU have. He's a pitiful creature who'll give up anyone or anything to protect himself from his own conscious. Including you."

Papyrus walked in front of Chara blocking the way to Waterfall. "If you want to destroy my world or the lives of these monsters, you'll have to get through me first!"

Chara looked at him, disgusted. "Do not act like them Papyrus. You're better than that."

"I'm whoever I choose to be human," said Papyrus firmly.

Anything to make him happy.

Anything to keep him safe.

"Get out of my way or you die Papyrus," said Chara taking a step forward.

Till my last breath.

"HALT HUMAN!"

Chara took another step forward.

"HEY, QUITE MOVING WHILE I'M TALKING TO YOU!"

Another step.

"I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, HAVE SOME THINGS TO SAY."

Wait a minute...

"FIRST: YOU'RE A FREAKING WEIRDO! NOT ONLY DO YOU NOT LIKE PUZZLES-"

This is...

"BUT THE WAY YOU SHAMBLE ABOUT FROM PLACE TO PLACE...THE WAY YOUR HANDS ARE ALWAYS COVERED IN DUSTY POWDER...IT FEELS..."

"Stop it."

"LIKE YOUR LIFE IS GOING DOWN A DANGEROUS PATH."

"I said stop it!"

"HOWEVER! I, PAPYRUS, SEE GREAT POTENTIAL WITHIN YOU!"

"KNOCK IT OFF!" screamed Chara absolutely livid. They clenched their fists shaking with anger.

"EVERYONE CAN BE A GREAT PERSON IF THEY TRY!"

The Great Papyrus is optimistic.

"KNOCK IT OFF OR I'LL KILL YOU!"

This wasn't Papyrus. This wasn't Papyrus at all...

"AND ME, I HARDLY HAVE TO TRY AT ALL!!! NYEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!!!"

Chara equipped the Tough Glove and took a step forward.

"HEY, QUIT MOVING! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!"

"You piece of-"

"HUMAN! I THINK YOU ARE IN NEED OF GUIDANCE!"

Chara walked towards Papyrus briskly, gritting their teeth.

"SOMEONE NEEDS TO KEEP YOU ON THE STRIGHT AND NARROW! BUT WORRY NOT! I, PAPYRUS...WILL GLADLY BE YOUR FRIEND AND TUTOR! I WILL TURN YOUR LIFE RIGHT AROUND!!!"

The Great Papyrus is a hard worker.

Papyrus stood in place watching Chara get closer and closer. He knew from experience that they had every intention of killing him just by looking into their eyes.

Flowey can protect Sans.

He can save the world.

I don't need to be here.

"I SEE YOU ARE APPROACHING."

Papyrus began to shake, but he quickly stopped himself before the child saw.

The Great Papyrus is brave.

"ARE YOU OFFERING A HUG OF ACCEPTANCE? WOWIE! MY LESSONS ARE ALREADY WORKING!!"

The Great Papyrus never gives up.

Papyrus thought about everything he'd gone through, and what he fought for. He thought about Flowey who might never get a soul, he thought about his race coming to an end, and the brother whose face he'd never see again.

"I, PAPYRUS WELCOME YOU WITH OPEN ARMS!"

The Great Papyrus is kind.

Chara jumped and swung their fist at Papyrus's head.

42065

Hot, searing pain coursed through every bone in his body.

It felt like invisible hands were tearing him apart piece by piece. Every fiber of his being cried out in agony, as he felt himself falling apart like a sandcastle.

"Do you see what happens to people like Sans? They get hurt. They get killed. You let down your entire species Papyrus."

Papyrus's head fell from his body and landed in his gloved hand.

"You let your people down for a worthless pile of judgmental trash. Because of you, there will never be another Horror Font. Everyone is going to die because of YOU."

But won't my brother be proud of me? I was exactly what he wanted. I didn't hurt anyone just like he wanted. I was a good person, at least for a little while...

"W-WELL, THATS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED..."

Papyrus's body vanished, leaving only his head behind.

"BUT...ST...STILL! I BELIEVE IN YOU! YOU CAN DO A LITTLE BETTER! EVEN IF YOU DON'T THINK SO!"

The Great Papyrus is forgiving.

"I...I PROMISE..."

.............

.............

FLOOSH!

Papyrus's dust scattered on the winds of Snowdin, leaving only his costume and gloves behind.

Chara picked up his scarf and put it on to keep warm.

"Liar."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 10.9K 37
Underswap!Papyrus x Reader And some Fresh!Sans x Reader -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- It isn't hard to slip into a dream. You're happy with what...
576 41 8
Long ago, two races ruled over the Earth. Humans and monsters. At least, that's the story we all know. There was another race. Technically, they were...
2.2K 126 24
Sometimes even the greatest skeletons need a break, and what better way than through a forced secret identity? In this story we see through Papyrus...
3.9K 266 35
After climbing down Mt. Ebott, papyrus's first stop is the local cemetery. He plans to dig up the bodies and infuse them with magic in order to find...