Make Me Fall

By xXMade2LoveXx

Autumn Rose Turner was adopted. She doesn't know who her birth parents are, but she does know that her adopti... More

1. Me
2. Him
3. Her
4. Yuletide
5. He's Back
6. Family
7. OWLs
8. A Question of Blood
9. Subtle Threats
10. Poor
11. The Note
12. Quidd- Ouch!
13. Hospital
14. Boys, boys, boys.
15. Detention!
16. Snape Lets Slip
17. Emeralds and Rubies
18. Home Again
19. Christmas Day
20. Goodbye Hogwarts
21. Branded for Life
22. Locked Away
23. Taking Sides
24. Draco's Birthday
25. My Birthday
26. ... Something Blue
28. Back to Reality
29. The Double Agent
30. Little Sisters
31. Deadly Secrets
32. Anniversary
33. Safehouse
34. Resolutions
35. Back To School
36. Hogwarts Isn't Home
37. Kidnap
38. Christmas At Saumarez
39. Resistance
40. Malfoy Manor
41. Divided Alliances
42. The Beginning of The End
43. The Battle of Hogwarts
44. Nineteen Years Later

27. Wedding Bells

1.2K 50 15
By xXMade2LoveXx

"Perfect."

Mother dabs at her eyes, smiling. The women clean up and disappear.

"Alright, let's go," Mother says, "I'll fetch Dad."

I pick up the bracelet and slip it onto my wrist. I jump as it clamps around my wrist and the vines start crawling up my arm. They wind around about three quarters of my arm and then stop. Fred and George were right, they all but hide the Dark Mark. While Mother's gone, I slip into the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror.

Holy cow.

My skin has a golden glow, and my hair looks... Radiant! I look, well, older. And sort of, a little bit... Beautiful.

"Autumn?"

I walk back out to Mother, wishing she hadn't put me in high heels. Father is with her and he tears up too.

"You're going to flood the place," I tell them, "come on, let's not be late."

The wedding is going to be held at Malfoy Manor. For the day they've lowered their security so I can disapparate right inside. Which I do, nearly breaking an ankle in the mean time.

"Good luck, darling," Mother says, kissing me on the cheek and hurrying off. Dad helps me lower my veil and we walk towards the back entrance. It's open and I can see the aisle.

And all the people.

"I think I'm going to throw up," I tell Father. He offers me his arm.

"Deep breaths," he says, "you'll be fine. But so help me, if that boy hurts you, he won't be."

I choke out a laugh and blink the tears away. From upstairs three of my cousins appear in bright pink dresses. Well, now my bouquet makes sense. They all wish me luck and get into line. Music starts and the first of them heads out. I count the beats, wishing it was all over and done with. The last girl steps forward and I grab Father's arm, trying not to hyperventilate. Six counts later we step forward.

As soon as we step outside I look to Draco, ignoring everyone else. He smiles and, to my surprise, wipes his eyes. I try to smile, but I think I look like I'm grimacing. I just keep my eyes on him. Eventually we reach the altar and Father hands me over. I hand my bouquet to a bridesmaid, take Draco's hands and we stand close together.

The priest stands in front of us, welcomes everyone and starts to talk about what makes a good marriage. I'm just thinking how it looks like we'll be here all day when he says honesty. I look up at Draco who smiles at me.

He doesn't know about my family. He tells me everything and I'm keeping the most important thing from him. I'm racked guilt. I have to tell him before we do this. But how? Yell 'STOP THE WEDDING'? No. Maybe I can be subtle.

"Draco," I whisper. He raises his eyebrows and glances at the crowd. None of them seem to have noticed.

"I need to tell you something," I whisper.

"What?"

"I know who my family are."

He looks surprised and leans forward slightly. I can feel tears in my eyes.

"Don't cry," he breathes, squeezing my hands.

"The Potters," I sniff, "I'm Harry Potter's sister."

He leans back, looking shocked. A tear escapes and rolls down my cheek. Draco looks like he's about to yell 'STOP THE WEDDING'.

Instead he reaches under my veil and brushes the tear away.

"Autumn, I told you, I don't care who your family are," he whispers, "I love you, no matter what."

I lose it. Tears flow freely down my cheeks. The priest steps around us, so that he's no longer between us and the crowd and starts the vows.

"Do you, Autumn Turner, take Draco Malfoy to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

I'm crying so hard I can't answer. Luckily the priest makes a witty joke about this and everyone chuckles. I take a deep breath.

"I do," I choke out.

"Do you promise to be true to him, in good times and bad, in sickness and health, for richer or poorer, until death do you part?"

"I do.

"Do you promise that you will be loyal and consecrated to him?"

"I do."

"Do you promise to perform your duties as wife faithfully?"

"I do."

"Do you, Draco Malfoy, take Autumn Turner to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." Draco doesn't cry at all and answers immediately. I continue to cry quietly.

"Do you promise to be true to her, in good times and bad, in sickness and health, for richer or poorer, until death do you part?"

"I do."

"Do you promise that you will be loyal and consecrated to her?"

"I do."

"Do you promise to protect and guard her?"

"I do."

"If anyone has any reason why these two should not be wed, let him speak now, or forever hold his peace."

We pause for a moment.

"Then, by the power vested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride."

Draco lifts my veil and pushes it back over my hair. He leans down and kisses me softly, and it's official. I was a Potter, then a Turner and now I'm a Malfoy.

The rest of the day passes in a blur, I really don't remember much other than certain moments, like cutting the cake and dancing. Before I know what's happening people are coming to say 'congratulations', 'welcome to the family' etc and leaving. I'm exhausted. I'm sitting by myself at the bridal table, sipping a glass of wine and dreaming of my bed, when Draco comes over.

"Our parents are sending us off to our honeymoon location," he says, "come on."

He wraps his arm around my waist and we walk into the office. Our parents are in there, waiting for us.

"Before you go," Mother says, "we want to give you our gift, from all of us."

She holds out an envelope. I take it and open it. Inside is a piece of paper and a key. Draco unfolds the piece of paper. It's a picture of a huge house with beautiful gardens.

"It's yours," Mother says, "your first house."

"Oh my gosh," I gasp, looking at it again. We have a house.

"Now, it time for you to go," Mr Malfoy says, "and, uh, consumate the wedding. There's a car waiting outside, your bags are already in the trunk."

We say our goodbye, both mothers crying, and head out to the car. As soon as the door closes I take off my shoes and slump in the seat. There's a tinted payne of glass separating us from the driver.

"I'm so tired," I mumble, "all I want is a hot shower and sleep."

Draco gently pulls me into his arms and kisses the top of my head.

"You're my wife," he says. Then he giggles. I can't help laughing at his giggle.

"Yes, husband," I say, wriggling so my arms are around him, "we're married."

He kisses me hard on the mouth.

"Married," he grins, "forever."

"And ever," I laugh, "can you help me take my hair out?"

Between us we remove what seems like thousands of bobbypins. I carefully tuck the bird pin into Draco's robe pocket. We drive for what feels like hours - and probably is - and then pull up outside a small, whitewashed cottage. The driver leaps out, opens our doors and takes our bags into the house. Once we're out, he speeds off, leaving us to ourselves. The cottage it right on the beach. I inhale the salty air and suddenly feel full of energy.

"Let's go swimming," I tell Draco eagerly. He grins.

"Not in that dress," he says, "come on, the sea isn't going anywhere."

We go inside and I take off my jewellery, putting it safely in the pocket of my bag. I'm not sure how to remove the bracelet, but as soon as I try, the vines retract, leaving the simple bracelet.

"Can you undo the dress?" I ask Draco. He's discarded his shoes and tie and is looking much more relaxed.

"How the hell did you get this done up?" he asks.

"Mother," I reply. He finally gets it undone and I hold my dress up, feeling embarrassed. Draco ducks out of the room and I open my bag, looking for my swimmers. Mum packed my two favourite bikinis. One black with frills, the other simple white. I decide on the white one, because it fits more with the bridal thing, and put it on, along with a pair of white shorts. I brush my hair out and duck out to find Draco. He's sipping a glass of water in the kitchen. I clear my throat, feeling nervous about the little amount that I'm wearing. He looks over and chokes on his water. I blush.

"Go and get your swimmers on," I tell him, "I'll meet you outside."

I wander out and on to the sand. I run down to where the sand is wet. I love the feeling of wet sand between my toes. The waves roll up around my ankles, the water warm. I hear Draco running down the beach. He speeds past me and dives into the water.

"Come in!" he calls from a few metres out. I run out to him. He's about waist depth in. He splashes me when I get close, which starts an all-out splashing war.

"EW! YOU FLICKED SEA WEED IN MY MOUTH!" I yell, scraping my tounge.

"Oh, here, let me get that," he says, pulling me into his arms and kissing me.

I'm glad I remembered to put my journal in. Draco's just fallen asleep, but I wanted to write all about today before I forget. Now I just want to curl up next to my husband and go to sleep.

Husband. That's even weirder than fiance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.7K 13
August Miller is burning the candle at both ends. He's a freshman in high school yet he already works two jobs. He pays the bills at home and is res...
73.8K 2.6K 21
Akumu was always picked on. She had anger fits all of the time and people called her a monster. One day she had enough. She let her anger take the be...
235K 6.9K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
902K 20.7K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.