Rainbooms in Paris

By lakshyas123

Rainbow Dash, everyone's favourite tomboy, always loved Canterlot High. But when her parents send her to Pari... More

~Prolouge~
More Friends Out There
As Time Goes By
A Bad Encounter
First Impressions
When Crushes Sit With Rivals (The Real Thing)
When Crushes Sit With Rivals (April fools joke)
Invitation
One Choice
Exposure With No Danger of Akumatisation
The Soccerer

Au Revoir Et A Demain

838 47 58
By lakshyas123

MARINETTE

I walk out of the theater along with Adrien, after we watch 'Finding Dory'. It is a really amazing film. What made it even more amazing is that I watched it with Adrien.

"Looks like my driver won't be here." Adrien says, tucking his phone into his pocket. "Do you mind if I walk you home ? It's kinda getting dark, so.."

"No, I don't mind." I say, then quickly add. "But not because I'm incapable or something. It's because I'd like some company." 

Adrien's eyes go wide. Then he starts giggling. "No, I don't think you're incapable. It's just.. I'd like a nice walk. But definitely not alone."

About 15 minutes later...

"Shall we meet up at the park on Thursday at 5:00 PM ?" I ask, once we're a block away from my home.

"Sure. Wait, how did you know I was free at 5:00 PM on Thursday ?" He counters, puzzled.

"Umm.. Lucky Guess ?"

"Oookay ?" 

He just shrugs it off (Thank god. I don't think I'd want him to know that I have his entire schedule hung up on my ceiling.) and we continue our walk to my house. However, once we reach, there's a surprise. More accurately, a person. 

Alya.

"Marinette ? Can we.. talk ?" She asks, looking down at her feet. I look at Adrien. He probably sensed that we need some time alone.

"A demain, Marinette (See you tomorrow, Marinette)." He says.

"A demain." I reply, and he starts for his house, which is about 6 blocks away. I turn to face Alya, a million questions running through my mind. What is she doing here ? What does she want with me ? Why does she want to talk to me ? Did something happen ? Did she and Lila fight ? But those are only a part of what is in my mind. And I have to find the right thing to say. I hare to admit this, but... this is my ex-best friend we're talking about.

"What are you doing here ?" I ask finally.

"I.. Needed to talk to you, Marinette.. You see, I know... About.. you know." She replies, the nervousness evident in her voice. But, somewhere, I myself feel a twinge of nervousness. 

"You know what ?"

"Well, you see, about a month ago.. I was coming to your place to give you your homework. And, I saw Ladybug leave from your rooftop. I thought nothing of it since I thought you both were friends. But, when I got to your room, you were missing and I got suspicious. And, I'm sorry to this, Marinette, but your diary was open.. And I got a glimpse of the words 'Being Ladybug'.." At this point, Alya looks into my eyes (NO SHIPPING), and continues, "I.. I was angry. Because you kept such a big secret from me. I thought you didn't trust me, and me made me feel... cast away. I'm.. sorry, Marinette."

I think I took Alya by surprise, when I wrap my arms around her.  "Of course I forgive you. Your my best friend." I say, as she hugs me back.

"In fact, I think I should be the one apologizing. I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. I had no choice. I had to protect you." I pull back, and smile at her, which she returns.

"I understand. I'll see you tomorrow, best friend." Alya says, waving, and runs in the direction of her house.

"See you tomorrow, bestie." I say, and go inside my own.

SUNSET 

Later that night... 

It is probably the middle of the night. I look at the clock hung above Pinkie's bed. 1:00PM. Well, at least I'm close to guessing. I stand up and carefully make my way to the kitchen. Pulling out a chair, I sit down. It kinda feels wrong, but I can't help thinking...

'What will happen to the Element of Loyalty ?'

"Sunset ?" I instantly jerk my head up. There, in the doorway, stands Twilight Sparkle, The Princess of Friendship.

I quietly chuckle to myself, after the oh-so-grand introduction of Twilight in my head. But Twilight hears it.

"Hey ! What's so funny ?" She asks, taking a seat herself. 

"I kinda remembered the day when you met our world's Twilight.. you should've seen your face. No offence." I reply.

"None taken."

"Twilight ?"

"Yes ?"

"I was wondering..."

"Wondering what ?"

'Should I ask her ?' I think.

"Why did you come here ?" I ask instead of the original question I want to ask.

"Well, I saw you going out of the room, and decided to check on you." She replies.

'Just ask the original thing !' I scold myself. Atleast we'll know what will happen.

"Sunset ?" She calls out.

"What ?" I ask.

"Is there anything else you want to ask ?" 

I sigh.

"Yes, Twilight. I do.... What will happen to the element of loyalty, now that Rainbow will be leaving ?"

"She'll remain the element of loyalty, since the elements can't be replaced." 

"Guess I was too worried, then. I didn't mean to be selfish, by the way."

"Well, let's go to sleep now." Twilight says, and we both go back to the room.

RAINBOW DASH

The next morning...

"We're gonna miss you so much." Sunset says, as we all pull away from our group hug which lasted for 15 minutes or so.  

"Don't worry, Dashie. I'm sure you'll return in less than an year. I'll be waiting for you at the airport, in the rain, umbrella in hand.. we can walk home together." Zephyr says, putting an arm around my shoulder. I give Fluttershy a 'Why did you bring this douche here ?' kind of look. The others look like they're suppressing laughs.

"Anyways, I gotta get to my hair dressing class in 20 minutes. I'll see you next time !" He waves as he walks off. 

That's it ? A wave ? I didn't know letting go of someone is so easy. 

"Sorry about that, Rainbow. It's just that.. He wanted to come along, and I just couldn't say no.." Fluttershy says before I can say anything.

"Let's just forget about it." I say. Atleast there aren't any such flirty guys in Paris. 

Or are there ?

"The International Flight from Pennsylvania to Paris is about to depart in 5 minutes. Passengers are requested to gather at the flight immediately." The announcement blares through the speaker.

"Guess it's time for our goodbyes." Rarity says, giving me a sad smile. I return the smile.

"We're gonna miss you, Dashie." Pinkie says, smiling. Not a happy one.

"Don't forget to Skype us everyday." Sunset says, putting an arm around my shoulder.

"Of course not." I reply.

We all come together for one last group hug, before I walk to the place where we have to climb the bus which'll take me to the airplane.

I can't look back. I just can't.. But I do. The seven true friends I have just stand there, the sad smiles still plastered on their faces. 

Leaving someone behind isn't easy. You can simply walk away, knowing in your heart that you may not meet again. But the days after that are very difficult. Every single thing you do seems to remind you of them. Leaving them is easy, but letting go of them isn't.

I wonder if Zephyr is feeling the same way.. If he really does have a crush on me, that is.

And my parents' plans seem to work.. My thoughts sound so sappy to me.

I turn around to glance at my friends. They wave goodbye to me, and I wave back. Some of them even have tears in their eyes. 

I look forward and resume walking, pushing my trolley in front of me.

"Au revoir, Canterlot." I say in such a low voice, it reminds me of Fluttershy.

A/N : Sorry if that made you cry... But I'm pretty sure it didn't. 

Also, I'm sure you noticed that I changed the title from 'You make me glow' to 'Rainbooms in Paris', cause I tweaked the future plot a bit. 

Earlier, it was supposed to be a... um... I don't think I should say it here... 

But now, it's kind of like a 'Slice of Life' kind of story. Cause I love that kind of stuff. Especially ones that make you shed a tear or two. 

By the way, the title means 'Goodbye and See You Tomorrow'. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 598 32
Twilight was a new student that transferred to Canterlot High School. Her first day wasn't really great the fact that she got bullied and people cal...
3K 32 18
The Main Eight have all received mysterious invitations from an anonymous source, inviting them to attend a new popular carnival that has just opened...
1.8K 145 29
"Sweetie, you're moving to Paris tomorrow." The one sentence that flipped my world upside down. I wanted to see Paris, but not this way. I sigh as I...
11.8K 239 10
Rainbow Dash is officially on the Canterlot High Soccer Team. The only thing is, she might have to spend time with Soarin! But hey, you never know. I...