Make Me Fall

Autorstwa xXMade2LoveXx

Autumn Rose Turner was adopted. She doesn't know who her birth parents are, but she does know that her adopti... Więcej

1. Me
2. Him
3. Her
4. Yuletide
5. He's Back
6. Family
7. OWLs
8. A Question of Blood
9. Subtle Threats
10. Poor
11. The Note
12. Quidd- Ouch!
13. Hospital
14. Boys, boys, boys.
15. Detention!
16. Snape Lets Slip
17. Emeralds and Rubies
18. Home Again
19. Christmas Day
20. Goodbye Hogwarts
21. Branded for Life
22. Locked Away
23. Taking Sides
25. My Birthday
26. ... Something Blue
27. Wedding Bells
28. Back to Reality
29. The Double Agent
30. Little Sisters
31. Deadly Secrets
32. Anniversary
33. Safehouse
34. Resolutions
35. Back To School
36. Hogwarts Isn't Home
37. Kidnap
38. Christmas At Saumarez
39. Resistance
40. Malfoy Manor
41. Divided Alliances
42. The Beginning of The End
43. The Battle of Hogwarts
44. Nineteen Years Later

24. Draco's Birthday

1.2K 45 8
Autorstwa xXMade2LoveXx

I slept in the Hospital last night.. Draco is so still, I can barely hear him breathing. Mrs Malfoy had to leave and Mother tried to make me leave too, but there's no way I'm leaving his side!

I sort of feel bad for what I did yesterday, threatening Harry. Snape explained to me what happened, and while it was incredibly stupid of him to use a spell that he didn't understand, I guess he didn't mean to hurt Draco so badly. I feel bad about what I said to Hermione too. It was sadly ironic, calling her a mudblood. I guess the brainwashing is working, but I can't let it!

I stand up and start towards the door to find them both and apologise, when I hear a groan behind me.

"Draco?" I exclaim, leaping back to his side. He opens his eyes, blinking blearily. I take his hand and squeeze it gently. Relief and hope floods through me as he squeezes my hand back.

"I was so worried," I tell him, stroking his face. He tries to speak, but frowns, touching his throat.

"Here," I help him sit up and get him a glass of water, which he downs in one. I get him another one.

"I'll get Madame Pomfrey," I tell him. I fetch her and she sends a house elf to fetch Snape. Madame Pomfrey examines Draco carefully while he drinks his third glass of water.

"I think the scarring will fade," she tells him, "I've never dealt with this curse before, but the counter curse was used fairly quickly, so you should make a full recovery."

"I still think you're gorgeous, even with the scars," I tell him quietly. He winks and downs his fourth glass of water. Snape walks in, looking serious, followed by McGonagall and Dumbledore. I stand by Draco, one hand on his shoulder.

"Miss Turner, will you leave us?" McGonagall asks, "we'd like to speak with Mr Malfoy."

"No, I won't," I reply. McGonagall sighs.

"Mr Malfoy, do you mind her being here?" McGonagall asks. Draco finishes his fifth glass of water and puts it on the bedside table.

"She's my fiance," he says, his voice a little croaky, "if she wants to stay, she stays."

McGonagall glances at my left hand, surprised.

"Very well, if you're comfortable with it," she agrees, "Severus?"

Snape steps forward, looking down his nose at us.

"Would you care to tell us exactly what happened?" he asks. I give Draco's shoulder a gentle squeeze.

"I was in the bathroom," he says, "Potter came in and we argued."

He hesitates, frowning. Please tell the truth.

"I can't remember what we were arguing about," he says, "then we duelled and he cursed me. I don't know what the curse was."

Dumbledore and McGonagall exchange a glance.

"You'll be pleased to know Potter was punished, and your," Snape sneers, "fiance gave him a good scare."

Draco looks at me and I blush.

"What did you-"

"Later," I mutter.

"Well, I think we can all agree both parties have learnt their lessons," Dumbledore says, "Miss Turner, may I speak to you alone?"

I glance at Draco who shrugs. I step outside with Dumbledore who looks down his nose at me, looking very disappointed.

"I heard about what you said to Miss Granger yesterday," he says, "rather inpolite if you ask me. I thought you were going to go with your heart."

"Well, I didn't get a choice," I tell him defensively.

"We all have a choice," Dumbledore says. I pull my sleeve up and show him my Mark.

"And how do you think the Dark Lord would have reacted if I'd told him he couldn't mark me?" I snap.

Dumbledore shakes his head sadly.

"I am sorry," he says, "but a mark on your skin doesn't affect your behaviour. Just look at Severus, he was a Death Eater, but he turned to our side."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Beyond doubt."

I sigh.

"I wish I could join your side," I say, "but..."

"But you're in love," Dumbledore says, "just remember, when the time comes, it's your true family who you should stand by."

***

That was the last time I spoke to Dumbledore. A few weeks later Snape killed him, sparing Draco the pain of doing the task. It's his birthday today and we're going to his place for dinner. It'll be the first time I've seen him since he was in the hospital, so I hope he looks better. 

"Autumn? Are you ready?"

"Yes," I pick Draco's present up and tuck it under my arm. I'm wearing new dress robes in a light green. I think they look pretty. I braided my hair on one side and put a bit of make-up on. I walk out with Mother and Father. I take Father's arm and sigh. I can't wait until I can apparate by myself.

We appear outside the Manor and raise our left arm as we walk through the gate. Mrs Mafloy shows us into the drawing room where there's a small group of friends and family. Tuck Draco's present into my pocket so I can give it to him later. There are black and dark green decorations adoring the walls and little tables around the edge of a dance floor. There's one long table with a big chair in the middle for Draco. Mrs Malfoy shows my parents to their table. To my surprise, I'm not sitting with them, but next to Draco, at the high table.

Once everyone has found their seats Mrs Malfoy announces Draco. We all clap as he walks in and up to his seat, looking slightly embarrassed.

"Happy Birthday," I whisper as he leans down to kiss me on the cheek.

"Thanks," she says, sitting down, "I wanted something small, but..."

"Parents, I get it," I make a face. He squeezes my hand.

"I'm glad you're here," he says.

"I wouldn't be anywhere else," I tell him, "speaking of being here, why is Pansy?"

I hadn't noticed her before, but now I can see her shooting daggers at me. Draco makes a face.

"Her parents are connected, you know," he says.

After dinner Mrs Malfoy brings out a huge, tiered cake and we all sing Happy Birthday to Draco.

"If the knife comes out dirty you have to kiss the nearest girl!" one of Draco's cousins calls out. Draco throws me a wink and cuts into the cake. I'm quietly hoping it comes out clean - I'm not sure how I feel about PDA.

He pulls the knife out and, of course, it's covered in chocolate. He sets it aside and pulls me into an embrace, kissing me hard. I can feel my cheeks heating up as his mates cat-call. After the cake has been served Mr and Mrs Malfoy stand up and tap a spoon against a glass. Everyone turns to look at them.

"We thought that tonight would be a good night to make an announcement," Mrs Malfoy says, "we would like to announce the engagement of our son to Autumn Turner. I hope you'll all wish them well."

I turn bright red as everyone starts to clap. I can't help looking at Pansy. She's burst into tears and is being shushed by her mother. I feel a small twinge of guilt, but mostly vindictive pleasure. Draco leans over and kisses me softly on the corner of the mouth.

Well, all in all, it wasn't a bad night. I had wanted to dance with Draco, but we didn't really get a chance. First everyone was coming up to say congratulations and Happy Birthday! and then everyone was coming up to say goodbye and good luck. Mother and Father talked for ages with Mr and Mrs Malfoy. I fell asleep on Draco while they were talking. He was running his fingers through my hair; it was heavenly!

Fifteen days and I'll be seventeen. Draco and I are going to take our apparation test together. Then five days later we'll be married. Mother said they've planned a beautiful honeymoon, which got me thinking. Draco and I might have children one day. I wonder if they'll have blonde hair or red? Grey eyes or green? I want a little girl with blonde hair and green eyes and a little boy who looks just like Draco! We'll have to wait and see...

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

4K 95 5
where a girl is forced to help at the end of class together with a certain boy.
5K 141 16
A Newsie's Fanfic about life after the strike. Janet never had a last name, a family, or anything but hardships. So she decides the only way tpmake a...
744K 27.4K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
42.5K 1.4K 101
Hi guys! You may wonder why there're two Sherlock Holmes in the cover, but when you know the difference, you'll guess why. This books contains the cl...