When Stars Collide {иαℓυ AU}

By oncingwhovian1

"уσυ иєє∂ ¢нασѕ ιи уσυя ѕσυℓ тσ gινє вιятн тσ α ∂αи¢ιиg ѕтαя✨" ~fяιє∂яι¢н иιєтz... More

One||Prologue
Two||My Letter
Three||My Faith
Four||My Trust
Five||My Promise
Seven||My Truth
Eight||My Questions

Six||My Mistake

57 9 1
By oncingwhovian1

〜•ℓυ¢у'ѕ ρσν•〜

"What were you writing about last period, looked like you were on a roll." The petite bluenette asked as we were walking out of first period. "Nothing much really, I was just writing a letter to my mom. It's what I do sometimes." I said without even realizing.

I suppose that was the first time I didn't go quiet or whisper "Nothing" under my breath. I gave her a fully-fledged answer, and the pure expression of surprise was written all over Levy's face.

I've never opened up to someone like that?

Though it might have been only in a few words,

I told Levy-chan the truth?

Why?

"Wow Lu-chan, maybe this Natsu character is helping you." The little bluenette chirped. "H-How-?" "Don't tell me you haven't heard the rumors, they're already surfacing around school." Levy explained.

What rumors?!

How did they already spread?!

I just learned the guy's name yesterday?!

"By that look you're wearing I'm assuming you haven't heard? Some girl saw you walking to school with him, they claimed that you spent the night and well you know." Levy's voice trailed off as I began to comprehend the meaning behind her words.

"No! That's! No!" I squealed, "Who would do so thing like that!" Her hazel orbs widened at the sight of me raising my voice, another thing that surprised me. Normally I wouldn't be bothered by rumors, but this is just twisted and sic-

"Flare." I spat, remembering that vicious smile she wears across her face.

"Well tell me about him." Levy said in an attempt to change the subject. "Who Natsu?" I ask, looking at the bluenette, "Well he's always smiling, his smile it's like-" My words were cut off by the sight of the pinkette walking through the exit door down the hall, "Natsu?" I ask as I take off after him, "Where is he going?" I ask myself.

I looked up at the sign above the door that read "EXIT" in bold red letters. I slightly opened the door and watched Natsu as he walked further and further away.

I wanted to call out to him, but the words wouldn't escape my lips. I couldn't describe my reasoning for taking off like that, I suppose it's because of the things he's said.

"Lu-chan?" Someone called from behind me. I shut the door and looked back to the voice, "Sorry Levy-chan. I thought I saw something..."

"It's okay Lu-chan, don't apologize." The bluenette smiled, "Come on, we have to get to class." "Yeah you're right." I said as I began walking with her.

I looked back at the door,

But where was he going??

"Heya blondie~ Whatcha doing?" I heard someone cackle from behind us. We both turned to see Flare tilting her head and smiling away. "Flare." Levy spat, "I can't believe you have the nerve-"

"Sorry do I know you?" The red-head smirked, "If you don't mind leaving me and blondie here, I have something important to talk to her about." The bluenette's face twisted into one of disgust and rage. She grabbed my arm and held me close.

"Not happening, not after everything you've done to her!" Levy screeched. "Levy-chan, it's okay. You should get to class." I say quietly. "Not happening." She said sternly.

"Just go!" I yelled, ripping my arm from hers. "I don't need you to protect me!" Levy's brown orbs look towards me. She offered a small smile before whispering "Okay." and walking away.

What have I done?

"Well would ya look at that?" I darted my eyes towards Flare, "Blondie has a temper." She draped her arm over my shoulder. "Let's take a walk." She whispered to me.

Flare led me down the hall to the girl's restroom. She opened the door and held it open for me. As I walked through, she tripped me. Luckily I caught myself on a nearby sink, before I fell to the ground.

"Oops, sorry blondie~" She cackled from behind me. I narrowed my eyes at the red-headed witch, "What do you want Flare?" I spat.

"Oh? So you do have a voice after all blondie?" She giggled, "I was wondering when you would speak up." "Enough of your taunting, why have you brought me here?" I asked again. "Maybe Pinky's words have given you courage, hm?"

"Natsu?" I ask. The witch inched closer to me, "So you do know who I'm talking about." She cackled, "I thought I warned you to stay away from him, yet you continue get closer and closer that boy. A very dumb move blondie."

"Shut up Flare! Just shut up! You can't tell me who I can and can't be friends with!" I yelled.

"You don't own me." I spat.

"How dare you, you little brat!" She yelled as she gripped my collar and threw me to the ground. "This is your last warning blondie, stay away from or else-" "Or else what?" I spat, "You'll beat me? Well I'm afraid someone has already beat you to it."

"Ahem." Someone cleared their throat from behind Flare, "Are we interrupting something?" I looked to see two girls standing in the door.

"This is none of you business, Titania." Flare spat. "No, but I can make it my business." The scarlet-haired girl retorted back. Flare rolled her eyes and looked back to me. She walked over and crouched by my side.

"Or else I'll tell your father~" She hissed in my ear, sending shivers down my back.

The she stood back up and pushed past the girls in the doorway.

The girls waited until she was gone to come over to me. The blue-haired girl crouched down beside me and worriedly asks "Are you okay?!" over and over as she examines me. She rolled up my sleeve, and before I could roll them back down, she noticed the bandages.

"Did Flare do this?" The red-headed girl asked angrily. "Next time Juvia sees her-" "Don't worry about it, it wasn't her." I said quietly, rolling my sleeves back down.

"Juvia is sorry..." The blue-haired woman said, looking down to the ground. "Who is Juvia? I ask confused.

"Juvia is Juvia." The red-headed woman spoke motioning toward the blue-haired woman, "She only speaks in third-person." She explained. I nod in understanding.

"Hey, Juvia don't apologize," I put my hand on her shoulder, "You have nothing to be sorry for." She looks up at me and I offer her a reassuring smile. She mirrors my smile helps me get up. "What's your name?" She asks.

"Lucy." I reply. "Lucy? As in Natsu's girlfriend Lucy?" The red-head asks. I felt my face heat up at the mention of 'girlfriend' "Don't worry, I'm only kidding," She chuckled, "My name is Erza, Erza Scarlet." The red-head held out her hand for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you, Erza." I said, avoiding eye contact as I shook her hand. "We heard what Flare had said, about Natsu." I looked up at her at the mention of his name.

"You shouldn't listen to her, if you love Natsu, then don't let her get in the way of that." Juvia continued, as she put her hand on my back.

Flare's words replay in my head,

"Or else I'll tell your father~"

"Juvia has been told many times that she should give up on Gray-sama, but every time she refuses to give up!"

Love?

Do I love Natsu?

I've only just met him,

It's impossible.

"But I-I don't love N-Natsu!" I said, using my hands to hide my blushing face. "Then why are you blushing~" The bluenette taunted, causing my blush to deepen. "Juvia is only playing around."

"Should we take you to the nurse?" Erza asks. I shake my head, "No I'm fine. Thank you though." "Would you like us to escort you to your class?" She asked.

"Actually I don't think I will be going to class," I said in an unsure tone, "I have someone I need to talk to..." They both nod in understanding and leave the bathroom, "See you later!" The bluenette cheered before walking out the door.

I waited a couple minutes before leaving as well. Then I quickly headed for the door I saw Natsu go through earlier. When I get there, I look around one last time to make sure no one sees me before I walk out the door.

What are you doing Lucy?

If your father finds you cut class-

I cut myself off without even finishing that thought, for I know what he'd do, and I don't want to be reminded of it.

I looked at the crippled white building that stood before me.

I haven't been here in such a long time,

Not since the funeral.

"Lucy? Is that you?!" A woman shouted as they ran towards me and wraped their arms around me. "My how much you've grown..."

"Sister Catherine?" I asked as I embraced her hug. She released and looked into my hazel eyes, "My how you look so much like your mother..."

She has never quite understood,

How much those words hurt...

I plaster on a smile as I looked at the old woman. Unfamiliar wrinkles are layered all over her face, and white roots were tucked under her black and white head piece.

"Not that I am happy to see you my child, but for what reason have you come?" Sister Catherine asked as she placed her boney hands on my cheeks.

"I've come to see my mother, if that's okay?" I said quietly, avoiding her pity-filled eyes. She nodded as she took my hand and lead me to the cemetery.

The gate creaked at she held it open for me. "Thank you, I know how to get there from her." I said as I walked into the place that has haunted my dreams since I was a child.

It isn't how the horror movies depict it. There was no thin layer of smoke or any screeching crows. On the contrary, it was quiet peaceful. Each grave had at least one flower in it, we'll all except one.

I kneeled before the grave stone and traced the words engraved into the golden plaque,

"Layla Heartfilia: beloved wife, mother, and friend" I read aloud.

"Hey, mom. I was wondering if you got my letters?" I asked as tears begin to trickle down my cheeks.

"I hope you did, because if you didn't then none of this will make any sense."

Nothing...

Well what did you expect?

Her to suddenly come alive and nurture you?

Grow up Lucy

It's nothing more than a silly fantasy.

But I ignore that voice in my head, and continue to talk.

"So Flare threatened me again, but I stood up to her this time..." I said, wiping away my tears,

"Well that was until she mentioned Father... Then I crumbled, my fear overcame me and I was left speechless, defenseless..."

Still

Nothing...

"I don't know why I even care about Natsu so much, I don't know why I can't just listen to Flare and stay away..."

Juvia's words from earlier replayed in my head,

"if you love Natsu..."

I don't love him,

I can't,

Can I?

I griped my skirt and began to cry even harder,

"Just please! Tell me what to do!" I screamed, "Give me a sign!"

"Luce?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 1K 23
2 χρόνια μετά, τα πάντα έχουν αλλάξει. Ίσως όμως και τίποτα. Σβήνει άραγε οριστικά ποτέ ο έρωτας; {Βασισμένη στην σειρά Παγιδευμένοι}
1M 54K 91
"Μπ-μπορείς να με αφήσεις;" τραυλιζω "Μα μωρό μου, και οι δύο ξέρουμε πως δεν θες να σε αφήσω"λέει και ενώνει τα χείλη μας. Απόσπασμα από Part 40 __ ...
12.1K 666 48
Για όλα υπάρχει μία αιτία. Όλα λένε για κάποιο λόγο γίνονται. Υπάρχουν όμως πολλές αδικίες. Πολλά προβλήματα. Αλλά και η ομορφιά πάντα βγαίνει στην ε...
1.5M 38.6K 102
[Ολοκληρωμένη] Η Τέσσα Γιάνγκ είναι μια δεκαοχτάχρονη μαθήτρια που ζει μια απλή ζωή. Έχει καλούς βαθμούς και ένα γλυκό αγόρι. Προσχεδιάζει τα πάντα...