For Eternity #Book 2

By Ann-jey

"I want you. I want us. I want it all. With you. For Eternity." Davina Claire was a beautiful and carefree w... More

Intro
1. Pilot
2. The Girl In The Shadows
3. It's Been A While
4. It Sounds Like A Long Time
5. Remember The Words
6. Home
7. Love Bites
8. The Note
9. Talk On The Top
10. Hunting Down The Enemy
11. Just A Small Message
12. A Special Death For A Special Person
13. 30 Minutes Alive
14. Killer Mode Activated
15. Surgery Play-Time
17. The Attic
18. Lust
19. A Battle Between Sirelines
20. Nicolette
21. A Jar Of Hearts
22. A Deal With The Devil
23. Roommates
24. Last Waltz
25. Beyond Eyes
26. A Ball To Remember
27. I Wish You Weren't
28. A Night Out
29. The Butterfly Effect
30. Harvest Girl
31. Darling, The Eyes Never Lie
33. The End Of A Lie
34. Fury
35. Finders Are Keepers
36. Yours Sincerely
37. Round 1: Final Memento
38. Round 2: The Waiting Game
39. Final Round: Davina Claire
Epilogue
Author's Note

32. The Best People Are

1.1K 22 10
By Ann-jey

A/N: New Cover! And I have to thank -DirtyDxvina- for her amazing work. Thank you for your support girl, it means a lot to me! That's why I want to dedicate this chapter to you :) And thank you guys for your support too ❤❤❤ (P.S. I'm sorry if it's kind of short, the next one will be better, promise ;).

Davina's POV:

All night I was thinking about my conversation with Kol and how terrible of a person I was. But I decided I had better things to do than feeling guilty. I am doing all this for a reason, right? A really significant one and I was not willing to let it go.

So tomorrow morning, was going to be the big day. I had to find the toy knight soon, since I was running out of time. Nicolette's sudden visit yesterday had already kept me on guard and I was determined to find this piece of the white oak first.

I made sure to wake up first in order to wait for the opportunity to go and search into Klaus' room. I had done this before and I succeeded, let's hope this time nothing will go wrong.

Elijah had woken up early that morning because he and Hayley would go to the bayou together. Rebekah was out because she and Marcel had some plans in order to deal with the Strix. Klaus was the last one to leave the mansion and, I guess he went to do god knows what and Kol..

Kol had disappeared ever since our last conversation.

Okay.

It's time.

By the minute I heard Klaus leaving, I bursted out of my room, heading to his. I started fumbling in his closet, searching under his bed, between the books, anywhere. Where could a thousand year old hybrid hide a toy knight? Klaus wouldn't just hide a weapon that can kill even him in a place where anyone could find it. But also, he wouldn't hide a deadly weapon somewhere he couldn't reach. He must have kept it close to him.

A place where he could have access to any time.

And if that place wasn't his bedroom then it must have been the place where he spent most of his time. A wide smile crept across my face as I realised where it could be hidden. I rushed out, heading to that specific room.

My eyes darted around the room; the library. I had noticed that both Elijah and Klaus were spending most of their time here, especially Klaus. Could it be... because he had to protect something?

My first thought was to search among the books, which I did immediately but, to no avail. I stopped on my tracks when my eyes landed on a weighty tome, a book which any witch would die for; the Grimoire of Esther Mikealson. Too bad now it is completely useless to me, because this book you could do whatever you...

No Davina. Focus on the plan. Find and take the toy knight.

I looked around again, as I wandered around the room. Uneasiness filled me when I realised it was no where to be found. Not only that, but I even started doubting the existence of the toy; what if what Kendrix said was only rumours he had heard? What if the toy knight was destroyed long time ago? What if it wasn't real in first place?

What if...what if...

I raised my head, searching for one last time the room. Like the first one though, this little weapon was nowhere. I sighed, completely disappointed with my attempt to find it. I was about to turn around and leave, when suddenly I tripped over something; I looked down, my eyes focusing on the wooden floor. I stepped in front, the loose boards creaking. A small glimpse of hope appeared in my eyes as I bent down and looked under the loose boards. A hidden spot? My clumsiness just saved my ass. And a whole sireline.

A dusty wooden casket was revealed, weird patterns drawn on its surface. Could that be? Slowly and carefully, I opened it and with much hesitation, I glanced at its content and smiled. There it was, the piece of white oak which could kill the most ancient creatures on earth. Sure it was pretty; Klaus really did have talent in carving wood.

I could sit there and admire it all day but realisation snapped in me and I realised that someone could burst in any minute so I quickly grabbed it, shoved it in my pocket, put the casket and the loose boards back to their place and rushed out of the room.

Mission complete.

Kol's POV:

"You really like sitting on the top of buildings, don't you sweetheart?" she said a small giggle escaping from her lips.

"Oh good you came. So I can kill you right here and now."

"Noo Kol, you didn't call me because I triggered your murderous side, but owing to the fact that you are seeking answers. Correct?" she said, sitting beside me. "You see, when I heard your voice from the other side of the line, a small flame lit up in my heart. I thought that you finally realised your mistake and that you would--"

"Oh shut up. I could care less about you right now. Yes, you are correct Nicolette, I don't want to kill you, for now, but I indeed seek answers. And you are going to give them to me. And you don't have a choice. You should consider yourself lucky that I am allowing you to live for one more day."

She rolled her eyes, a smile spreading across her face. "Aw, so kind of you. Tell me, how can I be useful to you?" she said in a low voice, closing the distance between us.

"First, don't you dare to take an another step closer to me. And second," I trailed off, glancing at her, "Tell me when was the last time you saw and talked to Davina."

She shrugged, twirling a piece of her hair around her finger. "What makes you think I have talked to her or even met her? But don't worry, I will soon go and say a--"

"Stop lying!" I growled, unable to hold my anger back anymore. I wrapped my fingers around her neck, tightening my grip. "You talked to her last night, didn't you? You even fought with her, I could smell the filthy scent of your blood on her clothes. If you are the reason she has been acting so strangely then.."

I stopped. Nicolette was an excellent liar, she could deceive you so easily just by looking you in the eyes. Her gaze, her words, her facial expressions. The definition of liar. I might have been the only person who could understand when she was lying, trust me, and now, her reaction scared me. She seemed completely unaware of what I had just said, her eyes instantly darkening.

I released her from my grip, narrowing my eyebrows confusedly. "You don't know?"

She looked blankly down, shrugging. "Acting strangely, you say? That's interesting.." she muttered absentmindedly, a small sadistic smile forming on her lips. "Kol, why don't you ask my brother on this matter? I'm sure he'll gladly give you the answers you are searching for. I'm afraid I cannot provide you the information you need."

Kendrix? What did Davina's bizarre behaviour had to do with him?

I froze. Oh no..

I shot on my feet, my eyes darting around. "The person she had gone to talk to that day.."

Nicolette laid back, staring at the sky with the smile never leaving her face. She continued twirling the piece of her hair around her finger, humming silently. "Remember me when you start falling apart Kol. Remember that, I was the one who destroyed every good thing you had."

I glanced at her, giving her the most vicious glace I could manage. "You are crazy. Pitiful indeed." I said sharply, walking away.

She laughed; a small, carefree laugh. She sat up and glanced over her shoulder with the same sadistic smile, singing. "So what if I'm crazy? The best people are."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 2.4K 42
His hot breath against my skin made me snap out of my thoughts, especially when he placed both hands on my cheeks and rested his forehead against min...
12.8K 255 30
"Kol, Stop!", I cried while he continued to tickle me. "Please! I can't breath!" I struggled for him to stop. "But Love, your this thing called a...
5K 88 25
Book two, To my Light. So yeah love does last through death and rebirth. It can last through grief and pain. Fights and trails. It's the most unbreak...
732K 14.3K 33
What if there what another person who knew the Mikaelson's before they got turned into Vampires. What if Niklaus had a best friend in the other world...