Dark Letters

By megansue10

The five lives of these friends change when a boy with silver wings enter their lives. A contract bounds them... More

Chapter One: Vampire
Energy Magic ~Chapter 2
Ouch~ Chapter three
Werewolf~ Chapter Four
Scars~ Chapter 5
Timeset Coven~ Chapter Six
Brother~ Chapter Seven
Awkward Chips ~ Chapter 8
I'm Queen of the Playground ~ Chapter 9
Jett ~~ Chapter Ten
Ring ~~ Chapter Eleven
Silver Feather ~~ Chapter Twelve
Elements~~ Chapter Thirteen
Don't leave me again~~ Chapter 14
Cold Ice~~ Chapter Fifteen
Bird Fly in the Sky~~Chapter Sixteen
Sickness~~ Chapter Seventeen
Date ~~ Chapter Nineteen
Rabid Dog~~ Chapter Twenty
Corrine~~Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-two~~ Change
Golden Wings ~~ Chapter Twenty Three

Popcorn~~ Chapter Eighteen

12 1 0
By megansue10

"I heard you are causing chaos, like usual." Maria says walking up the steps.

"This isn't even half of their plan." He says walking closer to me. "I heard about you and Tristen. Honestly, I did not see that one coming. I thought you and Tristen were pretty close."

"I'll kill you." She says reaching out to him. He swiftly stepped to the side.

"I would love to see that Maria." He laughs.

He lungs at her. It was like a blur. He had her by the throat holding her in the air. He walked down the stone steps holding her. I screamed at him to stop, but he didn't. I whispered a spell and threw a block of concrete at his back. He dropped her and grunted. The rock landed in the yard in pieces and dust. He looked at me in shock. I said the command for thorns and they wrapped around him to his neck, drawing blood. I smiled at him.

Maria stood up putting her hands on his head. He broke through the thorns and grabbed her hands flipping her over his back. She got up. Punches and kicks were thrown, faster than my eyes could catch. I couldn't do anything in fear of hurting Maria. A guy flew from the top of the house; it was the one who snapped Tristen's neck. He wore black dress pants, a blue collar shirt, and a black bow tie.

I heard a neck snap. Maria fell the ground. I ran to her and like birds the boys flew off. I sat down next to her. I turned to the steps and moved them back to normal. I pulled out my phone and called Silas. It went straight to voicemail. I called Eliot.

"Hey?" I heard Eliot's voice after a few rings.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Hey Eliot, Jett found me again. Maria found me and now her neck is snapped."

"You need to get away from Maria." Eliot says.

I stood up. "Why?"

"Because if she wakes up before I am there, she will feed off of you. She will be very hungry and I don't know if she will stop." Eliot says seriously. I walked away from her to the sidewalk.

"Where is Silas? He didn't answer his phone." I asked.

"I wasn't your first choice?" He teases. I heard the sound of his wings opening.

"Eliot."

"He went out, either to feed, fly, or get some food in this empty apartment. I don't really know. I'll see you soon. Text me your address." He says and hangs up. I texted him my address. I called Silas again and there was still no answer. I called him again and when it went to voicemail I put it back in my pocket.

I waited there watching Maria. I saw her stir and I walked a little closer, to see if she is okay. She sat up and rubbed her neck. She turned and looked at me giving a small smile. "Can you help me up?" She asked holding out her hands. I sighed and grabbed her hands helping her up.

She stood up and didn't let go of my hands. I tugged on them. "Forgive me." She squeaks. I could feel the blood run from my face. She grabbed my arms and she started to feed off my aura. She squeezed her eyes shut. I could feel my head spin. Her gripped loosen and then tightened. I then felt like I could no longer breathe and I started to gasp.

Maria stopped and then squeaked. I could feel my vison go black and my body collapsed. It was like I passed out, but I could still hear. I couldn't move.

"Are you insane!? Silas will kill you!" Eliot screams.

"What?" I heard a pause. "Oh my god."

"I thought you had more control."

"I do... but waking up that weak... Eliot, she has the aura of five others... I feel at full strength."

"You better be, cause like I said Silas is going to kill you. You don't have anyone to defend you on this one." I felt Eliot pick me up. I then went fully under.

I woke up in a black felt old Victorian chair with white wood. I looked around. I was in a ball room with silver drapes, hardwood floors, a big crystal chandelier, and tables filled with artistic like desserts. I wore a big white dress and gold beaded accents. I stood up slowly and looked around. I was the only one in the room. I tried to walk forward and my right ankle twisted to the side.

Someone quickly grabbed my arm. I looked up and saw a young man. He had white crystal hair and purple eyes. He smiled down at me. He had a white shirt that was completely unbuttoned. "Are you okay, Miss?" He asked. I pulled up my skirt and saw glass heels like Cinderella, they were surprisingly comfy for glass. "Maybe we should change the shoes." He says and I could feel my heels hit the floor. The heels changed to flats.

"How did you do that?" I asked.

He chuckles deeply. "I can do lots of things." He stepped back and bowed slightly. He held out his hand. "May I have this dance?" I slowly grabbed his hand and music that came from nowhere flowed through the room. I smiled setting my hand on his shoulder.

"This isn't real? Is it?" I asked.

"Good instincts hatchling. We are in a dream realm that combines both our energies." He says.

I nodded slowly, not fully understanding. "What do you want?" I asked.

"What makes you think I want something?" He asks.

"Well everyone wants something even if it's simple like a morsel of food." I said. We moved around the room. I've only danced a few times in my life, but my feet moved without a single thought.

He smiled. "You are just as expected." He raises his arm and I twirl. "Things will change in all realms soon."

"What is a realm?" I asked.

"I would tell you, but we don't have enough time. You are going to wake up soon." He says. "When you change, you have to find us." He says.

"Find you?" I ask.

"You will know where we are. The death realm will tell you. We will help you." He says letting me go. Everything became blurry. "Find us."

I woke up in a bed covered in a brown quilt. Silas was lying next to me brushing strands of my hair away. His face was calm and his eyes were wild. He drew his hand back and laid flat on his back. I lifted my head up laying it on his chest which was bare. He placed his hand on my shoulder.

I closed my eyes. "Did you hurt Maria?" I asked.

"I wanted to wait till you woke up."

I started to trace shapes and lines on his chest. "Don't hurt her."

He sighs. "She shouldn't have done what she has done. She would have killed you if Eliot didn't show up." He tightened his grip on my shoulder.

"Please don't hurt her." I said.

"Then what should I do?" He says letting out a deep breath.

I pulled myself up to look at him. "Nothing."

"Nothing?" He asked.

"Nothing." I repeated.

He shakes his head. We stared at each other for a long time. My arms started to get weak. Hesitating, I leaned down and started to kiss his neck. He went stiff at first and then quickly relaxed. When I reached the base of his neck, I stopped and only kissed that one spot.

He made a small sound and I stopped. He grabbed me and flipped over pinning me against the bed. He cheeks were slightly pink, but the color was quickly fading. I bit my lip and he leaned his lips down close to mine.

"You are so tempting." He says deeply.

"Then you should just kiss me." I said. He kissed my nose and sat up. "That is not what I meant." I sat up leaning my back on the headboard. Silas's room was nice and tidy. A few dirty clothes hanged on his chair and sat on the floor.

"I'll kiss you tomorrow, when your aura is half back to normal health." He says and I rolled my eyes. "Do you want anything to eat?" He asked getting up from the bed. He grabbed my school bag off his chair. "Some of your friends brought you some clothes to change into and stuff." He hands me my bag.

"Thank you and yes I would like some food." I smiled.

He left closing the door behind him. A door was open to a bathroom. I walked inside closing and locking the door behind me. I took a quick shower. I dressed, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, and left. I saw Silas over a pot with steam coming out and grilled cheese in a pan. I smiled walking over to him.

Cassie stood up running over. "Quin!" She screamed. She slid and almost fell. In a blink of an eye, Eliot was there and grabbed her arm.

"Be careful." He chuckles.

"Thanks." Cassie says shyly. I giggle as she walks up hugging me. "You have to stop almost dying all the time."

I giggle. "I'll try." I said shaking my head. "You and Eliot?" I whispered and stepped away from the hug.

"I don't know." She whispers.

"Do you like him?" I whispered. She playfully shoves me away and I start laughing.

"Food is ready." Silas says.

Eliot pulled bowls and plates from the cupboards. Silas filled them with food and handed them to us. We walked to the wooden dining table and sat down. He cooked tomato soup and ham grilled cheese. One side of the bread was pure black and the other was barely toasted.

"Dude how do you mess up grilled cheese?" Eliot said tapping the sandwich on the plate making it shake, causing a loud sound.

"One side is burnt the other raw." Cassie says.

"It's not that bad." I said.

Silas shakes his head and walks over kissing my cheek. "You should know, when you whisper we can still hear you." He whispers in my ear. He then goes and sit down. Eliot was smirking at his bowl of soup. I sighed looking at Cassie who was peeling off the burnt piece of bread and eating only the soft side. I did the same and dipped the burnt side in the soup.

"What did Jett say?" Eliot asked.

"What?"

"Well he had to say something." Eliot said dropping the sandwich on the plate.

I got up from the table shoving rest of the bread in my mouth. "I will be back." I said going to Silas's room. I pulled my pants from my bag and pulled out the letter. I handed it to Eliot walking back in. I sat down sipping some of the soup.

"He wants me to go downtown with him to meet the leader of the Timeset coven." I said gently.

"No." Silas says.

I set down my spoon. "If I don't they will kill Brayden. If a mortem follows me they will be killed." I warn.

"We will protect Brayden." Silas says.

I shook my head. "I am not putting my friends in danger." I said sternly.

"I am not letting you die!" He screams and slams his fists on the table. I squeaked and folded my arms across my chest.

"Is there a way you can get out of it? Pretend to be sick?" Cassie asked her voice shaking.

"They will know." Eliot said. "Either you go or Brayden dies."

"You can protect yourself Quin. Right? That is why you are the group channel any ways." Cassie said.

"Yes, you protected yourself really well when Maria almost killed you." Silas says.

I stood up from the table and walked out of the apartment. I walked out the front of the building and sat in a swinging bench in the patio. I pulled my knees to my chest. I feel stuck. I quickly wiped my eyes when I felt tears start to fall. The door open and I looked over seeing Silas. I quickly looked away and looked at my folded hands I rested on my knees.

Silas slowly sat in front of me. "Don't cry. I didn't mean to make you cry." He says wiping a tear away.

I looked up at him and moved my feet to the ground. He reached over and cupped my face with his hands. I closed my eyes and he pressed his lips against mine. My eyes widen. He pulled back and sighed. Nothing else happened. He looked at me surprised.

"You didn't feed." I whispered. I pressed my lips against his. He pulled me onto his lap and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I pulled back slowly and leaned my forehead on his. "How?" I asked.

"I don't know." He says slowly.

"I am going downtown. You aren't following me, or sending anyone after me that could be risk of being killed."

"You don't have to protect me."

"I protect the ones I love." I said leaning back and thread my fingers through his hair. "Jett won't hurt me. He wants to protect me actually in his sadistic way."

"What makes you think that?" He says softly.

"He held the truth Primrose and told me he liked me. When you were gone he gave me roses. He gave me the magic book for my sake only. He apologized when he hurt me today. He also asked for a kiss today." I said quietly.

"Did you kiss him?" Silas asked.

"No."

"Have you kissed him before?" Silas asked.

I sighed not wanting to lie. "Yes, when you were gone."

He pushed a strand of wet hair behind my ear. "I guess that is my fault."

"No." I said quickly and he sighs.

"Would you kiss him again?" He says.

"I rather kiss a rattle snake." I said and he chuckles.

He leaned forward and brushed his lips with mine. I giggled. He stood up still holding me. He carried me back inside and inside the elevator. He set me down on my feet. I threaded my fingers through his. The elevator opened and we walked out to his apartment.

I walked inside, Cassie and Eliot were scrolling through movies on the TV. "Are you okay?" Cassie asked.

I nodded. "I am. You guys watching a movie?" I asked leaning against the dining room table.

"We are trying to decide on a movie." Eliot says.

Silas walked into the kitchen. "I can make popcorn." I followed him to the kitchen and sat on the counter. He pulled a box of popcorn from a cupboard and put a bag in the microwave. He grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips. "I will protect you to the day I die." He mumbles. It was like he was saying it more to himself.

"I will love you till I die." I whispered.

He smiled and kissed my head. His lips brushed the center of my eyes, my nose, and hovered over my lips. The microwaved then beeped. He chuckled pulling away to get the popcorn. I looked into the living room.

"How about Tangled?" Cassie said clicking on the movie. I smiled shaking my head.

"It looks like a kid's movie." Eliot says.

"This movie is amazing." Cassie says.

"We can watch it if you want to." Eliot says.

"We can watch something else..." She says turning towards him. He leaned in closer to her. I quickly looked away.

Silas was in front of me and kissed me. I don't know how he is controlling feeding, but I like it. We kissed till the microwave went off. We separated and the light shone between us. I raised my hand and he grabbed it. I quickly raised my other hand covering his mouth, stopping it. I sighed deeply dropping my hands. He sighed too and got the popcorn. He put it in two separate bowls.

I grabbed one bringing it to the living room. Cassie grabbed my arm and pulled me down to sit next to her. I squeaked. Silas looked me and sat in a chair by himself. I shook my head and looked at Cassie.

"You good?" I asked.

"I'm good. All is wonderfully good. I'm wonderful." Cassie rambled.

I let out a deep breath. "Alright." I said sinking into the couch. I looked at Eliot who kept his eyes out the window.

"Emerson and Loral are coming, yeah you know them. They will be here soon. They were already downstairs in the apartment with Tristen." She rambled.

I grabbed her arm pulling her off the couch. "Then let's make some more popcorn for them." I said taking her to the kitchen. I put the bag in the microwave and dragged her out of the apartment. I pulled her down the hall.

"Where are we going?" She says.

I stopped at the end of the hall. "Somewhere they can't hear us, I think this is good. I don't really know. Now what is up with you?" I said.

She sighs. "Eliot tried to kiss me."

"And?" I said.

"I panicked and slapped him." She says almost inaudible. I covered my mouth to hide my laughter. "Stop laughing!" She said.

"Why did you slap him?" I asked.

"I panicked. I wasn't expecting it like at all. Like what if I'm not good at kissing, I never kissed a guy before." She sighs covering her face.

"I don't think he cares if you are good at kissing. Cassie do you like him?" I asked and she dropped her hands nodding slowly. "Then give him a chance and maybe don't slap him and just see what happens."

We walked back to the apartment. Loral and Emerson were sitting on the couch and Eliot moved to a chair. I grabbed a bowl of popcorn and squeezed into the couch with Cassie. I smiled and we all sat there watching Tangled for probably the badgillionth time. We sang along to all the songs and laughed at the same jokes.

When it was over we turned on another movie despite the sun falling in the sky. Then we watched another one. Cassie fell asleep on my shoulder. I was yawning. When the movie was over Loral and Emerson decided to go home. I tried to shake Cassie awake and she groggily opened her eyes.

I grabbed my stuff in Silas's bedroom. He was blocking the door way. "Are you going home?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said slowly pulling my bag over my shoulder.

"You can't" he says quickly.

"Excuse me?"

"Maria isn't there. I don't want you alone, if Jett comes again..."

"Where is Maria?"

"I don't know."

"I'll be fine." I said kissing his cheek. He didn't seem convinced. "What do you want me to do?"

"Stay here?" He whispers.

I could feel my cheeks heat up. "I don't know..." I whispered. He grabbed a strand of my hair twisting it in his fingers.

"I mean it's not like we are going to have, unless you want to..." He started and I quickly cut him off.

"Oh my, um... no... at least not now. I love you, but not now." I said softly putting my hand on his chest. "I will ask one of my friends if I can spend the night so I won't be alone. I can come in the morning?" I offered. He nods slowly and I kissed his cheek again. He let me leave.

(( Thanks for reading, Stay beautiful :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9 0 5
Five children. Five friends. Five stories. • • • • • 5 children in a forest discover a blue substance. To their surprise they then discover new magic...
133 21 21
She was different. Nobody liked different. Kenzi was a (almost) normal high school girl. Had a handful of friends. Got okay grades. But she got dirt...
4.4K 784 34
Seven teenagers. One connection. Follow them as they each discover their unique power. If they use this power to kill someone, they move into the bo...
17K 509 43
I don't care if... 1. You want an alliance. 2. He's my mate or not. 3. It's my duty as a legion. 4. You will make me do it. I AM NOT mar...